Saint Of Killers Vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
Base Thanos
Infinity Gauntlet Thanos
HOTU Thanos

i had to do it. big grin

Blight
Well Thanos wins every one of them of course.... I mean, have you seen his purple face?

the ninjak
The Saint of Killers killed God and Satan so he'll kill Mistress Death and an amped Thanos no probs.

Solidus Black
The only way Thanos wins is if he isnt classified as a living being

It takes teh Saint 1 bullet

kgkg
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Saint of Killers killed God and Satan so he'll kill Mistress Death and an amped Thanos no probs. Context bro.

BullwinkleMoose
I can all but guarantee Quanchi won't post who he thinks wins.

As far as the thread:

SOK in Scenario 1
SOK in Scenario 2
Thanos in Scenario 3

TricksterPriest
....I'm gonna side with Thanos in the latter 2. The saint showed no power on the level of the IG.

SquallX
The reason i made this thread is for Quanchi really.

He claims that the HOTU makes Thanos omnipotent. In the SOK Vs Spectre being back by the Presence he still claims SOK the win.

Then he even claimed that HOTU Thanos would beat the Presence in a fight.

quanchi112
Thanos wins all 3.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
....I'm gonna side with Thanos in the latter 2. The saint showed no power on the level of the IG.

TricksterPriest
Hey Quan? Can the Spear of Destiny kill Thanos?

Blight
How is the Saint of Killers going to kill the Spectre but not Thanos?

You just hate DC, don't you??

BullwinkleMoose
Lol so according to Quan it goes:

Base Thanos>SOK>Spectre

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blight

You just hate DC, don't you?? Thanos is immune to death the Spectre isn't. We've seen a weakened Thanos killed only to reform right after.

Hey Quan? Can the Spear of Destiny kill Thanos? Off topic.

Mrblonde
Originally posted by Blight

You just hate DC, don't you??

When did the Saint of Killers kill Spectre ?

King Kandy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Off topic.
Oh please. it has obvious relevance to the topic at hand. Don't make people make a new topic every time they're trying to make an abc comparison.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh please. it has obvious relevance to the topic at hand. Don't make people make a new topic every time they're trying to make an abc comparison. This leads down the road of hey quan who can beat Thanos which is the sole reason this topic was created. I won't give into this sort of tom foolery.

I'm a man of principles.

King Kandy
This leads down the road of hey quan who can beat Thanos which is the sole reason this topic was created. I won't give into this sort of tom foolery.

I'm a man of principles.
you gave into it just by posting... since this thread was already an abc comparison generated by an earlier thread.

quanchi112
you gave into it just by posting... since this thread was already an abc comparison generated by an earlier thread. I'll debate this topic alone but won't entertain any and all questions about the purple lovable mad titan.

My biggest fear in any thread I go into is it going off topic. It scares me to death.

BullwinkleMoose
Thanos isn't really Immune to Death. There are just far fewer beings that could kill him.

Death could kill him if she wanted, LT could kill him if he wanted, Presence could kill him if he wanted, Squirrel Girl could kill him if she wanted.

yeah, anything with more sway than Death can destroy thanos permanently and, of course, he can still be sent packing to uncle oblivion even if death dont want him

quanchi112
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Thanos isn't really Immune to Death. There are just far fewer beings that could kill him.

Death could kill him if she wanted, LT could kill him if he wanted, Presence could kill him if he wanted, Squirrel Girl could kill him if she wanted. Thanos is immune to death until proven otherwise. Sure, he can die but that doesn't mean he can't come right back.

King Kandy
Thanos is immune to death until proven otherwise. Sure, he can die but that doesn't mean he can't come right back.
It should be plain obvious... his situation is no different from the elders and its been proven that beings can kill them.

quanchi112
It should be plain obvious... his situation is no different from the elders and its been proven that beings can kill them. Thanos is backed by death herself and we saw him reform from death. We've seen rulk kill grandmaster.

King Kandy
Thanos is backed by death herself and we saw him reform from death. We've seen rulk kill grandmaster.
Um, that's exactly my point... the elders dying means that whether or not death accepts you, you can still die under the right circumstances. Well, the Rulk thing is complete PIS but instances like the In Betweener seem perfectly valid to me because there was a good reason for him to be able to do what he did.

quanchi112
Um, that's exactly my point... the elders dying means that whether or not death accepts you, you can still die under the right circumstances. Well, the Rulk thing is complete PIS but instances like the In Betweener seem perfectly valid to me because there was a good reason for him to be able to do what he did. Until someone can kill Thanos or until he loses his unkillable status I disagree. Indestructible form.

King Kandy
Until someone can kill Thanos or until he loses his unkillable status I disagree. Indestructible form.
Didn't you just say he could die but he'll resurrect? That means he isn't indestructable. no one is really indestructible even abstracts, so there's no way a mere avatar of an abstract could be.

quanchi112
Didn't you just say he could die but he'll resurrect? That means he isn't indestructable. no one is really indestructible even abstracts, so there's no way a mere avatar of an abstract could be. He was described as having an indestructible form in the comics. Sure he can be killed but his form will reform atom by atom.

Just using the terminology from the comic itself not my own words.

King Kandy
He was described as having an indestructible form in the comics. Sure he can be killed but his form will reform atom by atom.

Just using the terminology from the comic itself not my own words.
Well he just needs to be killed by someone who can stop him from reforming... or as seen with the elders, who had the life sapped out of them without physical damage at all.

you know the terminology means absolutely nothing. people call adamantium "indestructible" all the time and it still gets broken. or mjolner is called indestructible when its been sliced in half or exploded before. Unless you show that he can resist beings on that level of power it means zip, feats>>>statements, especially something so generic as "indestructible".

quanchi112
Well he just needs to be killed by someone who can stop him from reforming... or as seen with the elders, who had the life sapped out of them without physical damage at all.

you know the terminology means absolutely nothing. people call adamantium "indestructible" all the time and it still gets broken. or mjolner is called indestructible when its been sliced in half or exploded before. Unless you show that he can resist beings on that level of power it means zip, feats>>>statements, especially something so generic as "indestructible". Of course you want to ignore the comic's own words and the fact he's backed by an abstract herself. The elders aren't Thanos so quit comparing them. You need to show someone stopping Thanos from reforming don't ask me to prove your negative. It's on you not me.

Thanos had a feat which backed up a statement. It all happened in the comic.

King Kandy
Of course you want to ignore the comic's own words and the fact he's backed by an abstract herself. The elders aren't Thanos so quit comparing them. You need to show someone stopping Thanos from reforming don't ask me to prove your negative. It's on you not me.

Thanos had a feat which backed up a statement. It all happened in the comic.
The elder's actually are basically thanos... for all intents and purposes given that their immortality power is the same as his and comes from the same source. wow geeze. its like asking me to prove all kryptonians are vulnerable to kryptonite.

quanchi112
The elder's actually are basically thanos... for all intents and purposes given that their immortality power is the same as his and comes from the same source. wow geeze. its like asking me to prove all kryptonians are vulnerable to kryptonite. No, because they were vested with indestructible forms or as the avatars of death. Not at all unless you have issue numbers or scans proving otherwise.

King Kandy
No, because they were vested with indestructible forms or as the avatars of death. Not at all unless you have issue numbers or scans proving otherwise.
They did have indestructible forms and were backed by death.

or how about deathurge he is indestructible and an avatar of death. but you can beat him if your strong enough.

quanchi112
They did have indestructible forms and were backed by death.

or how about deathurge he is indestructible and an avatar of death. but you can beat him if your strong enough. Scans or issue numbers ?

Also rulk killed grandmaster. Do you think rulk can kill Thanos ?

King Kandy
Scans or issue numbers ?

Also rulk killed grandmaster. Do you think rulk can kill Thanos ?
what do you want me to provide? i'm asking questions about your argument, you answer.

ugh. I don't think rulk could kill grandmaster either... its like squirrel girl beating thanos, just stupid "funny" idea.

quanchi112
what do you want me to provide? i'm asking questions about your argument, you answer.

ugh. I don't think rulk could kill grandmaster either... its like squirrel girl beating thanos, just stupid "funny" idea. Sg is a joke character rulk isn't though.

If they had indestructible forms gm wouldn't have died so easily to rulk.

I am unfamiliar with deathurge or what you are talking about hence the issue number or scans comment.

inimalist
Thanos is immune to death until proven otherwise. Sure, he can die but that doesn't mean he can't come right back.

Man-Thing is also immune to death

quanchi112
Originally posted by inimalist
Man-Thing is also immune to death Thanos also has the power to overide those immune to death.

Mindset
Man Thing has the power to overpower that power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Man Thing has the power to overpower that power. If you look Thanos up in the dictionary you see the words Can't Lose.

inimalist
Thanos also has the power to overide those immune to death.

your argument seems, to me at least, to come from the fact that Thanos is immune to death

well, so is Man-Thing, would he beat SOK?

clearly the intention of my post was not to suggest that Man-Thing is superior to Thanos in any way, in fact, the exact opposite. Man-Thing is a speck compared to these characters, yet shares the same quality it appears you think gives Thanos the win. Thus, you should also agree that characters like Man-Thing, or Mr. Immortal, etc, should beat SOK.

(For the record, I'd say Thanos in all but 1)

quanchi112
your argument seems, to me at least, to come from the fact that Thanos is immune to death

well, so is Man-Thing, would he beat SOK?

clearly the intention of my post was not to suggest that Man-Thing is superior to Thanos in any way, in fact, the exact opposite. Man-Thing is a speck compared to these characters, yet shares the same quality it appears you think gives Thanos the win. Thus, you should also agree that characters like Man-Thing, or Mr. Immortal, etc, should beat SOK.

(For the record, I'd say Thanos in all but 1) Thanos has power though which gets the job done here. My point wasn't only that he wins based off of the fact he can't permanently kill him but the power he has on top of it as avatar of death throughout the imperative arc.

King Kandy
Sg is a joke character rulk isn't though.

If they had indestructible forms gm wouldn't have died so easily to rulk.

I am unfamiliar with deathurge or what you are talking about hence the issue number or scans comment.
Oh... I don't know the issues but he appeared a lot in Quasar. I don't have the comics any more since my computer went down recently.

inimalist
Thanos has power though which gets the job done here. My point wasn't only that he wins based off of the fact he can't permanently kill him but the power he has on top of it as avatar of death throughout the imperative arc.

why does the kill have to be permanent for SOK to win?

Its not like Thanos just gets back up instantly. He was dead for a while after Drax got him, iirc

quanchi112
Oh... I don't know the issues but he appeared a lot in Quasar. I don't have the comics any more since my computer went down recently. I have the entire quasar run on a disk somewhere if you remember the issues I'd look it up but sadly don't have the drive to go on a search myself.Originally posted by inimalist
why does the kill have to be permanent for SOK to win?

Its not like Thanos just gets back up instantly. He was dead for a while after Drax got him, iirc I think it was within a reasonable amount of time.

inimalist
Issues of Quasar in which Deathurge appears

inimalist
I think it was within a reasonable amount of time.

he didn't get back up and continue fighting. Forum rules, thats a W afaik...

Whether thanos gets up in 15 min or 15 hours, its long enough that its a KO

quanchi112
Issues of Quasar in which Deathurge appears Which issue do they describe as him indestructible ? I read the cosmos in collision years ago but can't remember the finer details if it was in that arc.

inimalist
hold on, I think I have them on my pc...

quanchi112
hold on, I think I have them on my pc... K.

TricksterPriest
I notice you're still dodging the question. You're the guy who brought it up, so why not man up and answer me.

Can the Spear of Destiny kill Thanos?

quanchi112
I notice you're still dodging the question. You're the guy who brought it up, so why not man up and answer me.

Can the Spear of Destiny kill Thanos? Even if it does which I am not saying Thanos comes right back since he's in an indestructible form.

TricksterPriest
It can permanently kill abstracts. Hell, it can permanently kill Spectre. Thanos is that powerful? Seriously? What the f**k?

quanchi112
It can permanently kill abstracts. Hell, it can permanently kill Spectre. Thanos is that powerful? Seriously? What the f**k? Thanos is an anomaly and is powered by an abstract. I have answered your question so please without further adieu let's get back to the topic.

inimalist
Deathurge (and I totally forget the relevance of this already):

Turns out he is the messenger/herald/avatar of Oblivion, not Death:

Quasar 2:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2489/quasar02p09.th.jpg

He is immune to damage from anyone who doesn't have the will to live:

Quasar 2:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5953/quasar02p12.th.jpg

Quasar does manage to use his powers to have some effect on Deathurge, no real damage done:

Quasar 2:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7022/quasar02p20.th.jpghttp://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4074/quasar02p21.th.jpg

Though even if he does damage to Deathurge, it is non-fatal and regenerated instantly:

Quasar 39:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/5958/quasar3915.th.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9454/quasar3916.th.jpg

He is also completely immune to the penance stare:

Quasar 23:

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/5960/quasar23015.th.jpg

TricksterPriest
This weapon can kill abstracts.

BullwinkleMoose

LOL, Quan doesn't think Presence can kill Thanos and prevent him from coming back.

quanchi112
Deathurge (and I totally forget the relevance of this already):

Turns out he is the messenger/herald/avatar of Oblivion, not Death:

Quasar 2:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2489/quasar02p09.th.jpg

He is immune to damage from anyone who doesn't have the will to live:

Quasar 2:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5953/quasar02p12.th.jpg

Quasar does manage to use his powers to have some effect on Deathurge, no real damage done:

Quasar 2:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7022/quasar02p20.th.jpghttp://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4074/quasar02p21.th.jpg

Though even if he does damage to Deathurge, it is non-fatal and regenerated instantly:

Quasar 39:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/5958/quasar3915.th.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9454/quasar3916.th.jpg

He is also completely immune to the penance stare:

Quasar 23:

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/5960/quasar23015.th.jpg Ok, I was confused with the death remark and knew oblivion backed maelstrom in cosmos but for the most part don't see him as an equal to Thanos in terms of position or feats by any means. Do we agree on that much ?

This weapon can kill abstracts. Not Thanos.

inimalist
Ok, I was confused with the death remark and knew oblivion backed maelstrom in cosmos but for the most part don't see him as an equal to Thanos in terms of position or feats by any means. Do we agree on that much ?

Deathurge? no, of course not

I think you just wanted some proof he was indestructable.

iirc his GLA appearances even support this

quanchi112
Deathurge? no, of course not

I think you just wanted some proof he was indestructable.

iirc his GLA appearances even support this Ok, my position isn't that Thanos isn't the only one is is immune to death but with the power he has along with this he beats sok.

SquallX
Hey Quanchi, i have the best argument in you're Thanos can't die crap.

Here goes.

Darkseid can't die, you do know that right. Hal Jordan after he became the Spectre lobodomizes Darkseid, only for Darkseid to be resurrected.

Guess what Darkseid told him, he claimed he was brought back to life by a power far surpassing that of the Spectre judgment.

So you see, the same argument you use for Thanos can also be use for Darkseid. Does that makes your claim, and my claim true, no. It just proves certain powers don't want them dead. But they can still be killed, even temporarily.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SquallX

Here goes.

Darkseid can't die, you do know that right. Hal Jordan after he became the Spectre lobodomizes Darkseid, only for Darkseid to be resurrected.

Guess what Darkseid told him, he claimed he was brought back to life by a power far surpassing that of the Spectre judgment.

So you see, the same argument you use for Thanos can also be use for Darkseid. Does that makes your claim, and my claim true, no. It just proves certain powers don't want them dead. But they can still be killed, even temporarily.

Thank god not all the new posters are idiots. big grin Though, I expect Quan to reject it purely because you mentioned Darkseid. durkseid

King Kandy
Ok, I was confused with the death remark and knew oblivion backed maelstrom in cosmos but for the most part don't see him as an equal to Thanos in terms of position or feats by any means. Do we agree on that much ?

Not Thanos.
My point was that Deathurge has the same status and invulnerability of Thanos but it has been shown significantly powerful beings like Maelstrom can overcome this.

TricksterPriest
Didn't Deathurge get his ass kicked by Doorman? vin

King Kandy
Didn't Deathurge get his ass kicked by Doorman? vin
I don't remember that happening, but i think its safe to say it was a PIS joke if so...

TricksterPriest
Just looked. It involved Squirrel Girl. durlaugh He lost his job to Doorman because he couldn't take the soul of one of her squirrels.

inimalist
Just looked. It involved Squirrel Girl. durlaugh He lost his job to Doorman because he couldn't take the soul of one of her squirrels.

ah, I had just assumed "doorman" was some variant of deathurge...

quanchi112

Here goes.

So you see, the same argument you use for Thanos can also be use for Darkseid. Does that makes your claim, and my claim true, no. It just proves certain powers don't want them dead. But they can still be killed, even temporarily. That was only in one story whereas Thanos' powers were tied in with Death's as her avatar. The difference is Darkseid would have died against DD, etc. He doesn't just come back or is given an indestructible form as is Thanos.

Two completely different things.

quanchi112
My point was that Deathurge has the same status and invulnerability of Thanos but it has been shown significantly powerful beings like Maelstrom can overcome this. I don't see Maelstrom as being able to overturn Thanos' nor do I view them as one and the same.

the ninjak
What if SoK kills Mistress Death then shoots Thanos?

the ninjak

Here goes.

No Thanos resurrects himself after 3 secs. Destroy his body and he returns straight away. At full health.

How fast can Darkseid regen after total obliteration?

inimalist
I don't see Maelstrom as being able to overturn Thanos' nor do I view them as one and the same.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4835/quasar24014.th.jpghttp://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9835/quasar24015.th.jpg

I'm not sure how often they have met, but it seems like Maelstrom and Thanos are on at least equal footing

quanchi112
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4835/quasar24014.th.jpghttp://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9835/quasar24015.th.jpg

I'm not sure how often they have met, but it seems like Maelstrom and Thanos are on at least equal footing Maelstrom was amped at that point. Thanos also was vastly superior to that Maelstrom.

inimalist
thanos was also amped, have they met outside of that conflict?

TricksterPriest
No Thanos resurrects himself after 3 secs. Destroy his body and he returns straight away. At full health.

How fast can Darkseid regen after total obliteration? Proof?

And Darkseid has only been struck down like that once. By Spectre. And it took him only a few seconds to come back.

Btw, that scan doesn't help Thanos out. It shows that he can be double-crossed. stick out tongue

the ninjak
Drax disintegrated him while he was around half fully reborn.

He returned completely healthy a few secs later.

Thanos Imperative.

basilisk
SOK for 1 and possibly 2. #3 who knows. Maybe if SOK gets the drop on him.

Thanos can be destroyed permanently. It has been said in Marvel that even those who cannot die can be claimed by OBLIVION!!!

quanchi112
thanos was also amped, have they met outside of that conflict? No, just in that arc.Originally posted by basilisk
SOK for 1 and possibly 2. #3 who knows. Maybe if SOK gets the drop on him.

Thanos can be destroyed permanently. It has been said in Marvel that even those who cannot die can be claimed by OBLIVION!!! Oblivion isn't in this thread so even if you believe that which I don't the point is moot.

SquallX

How fast can Darkseid regen after total obliteration?

Don't have the scans, when Hal first became Specter he went to Apocalypse to save a soul, but only for Darkseid to stand in his way. He literally lobotomizes Darkseid. At least a few seconds past before Darkseid was resurrected.

quanchi112
Don't have the scans, when Hal first became Specter he went to Apocalypse to save a soul, but only for Darkseid to stand in his way. He literally lobotomizes Darkseid. At least a few seconds past before Darkseid was resurrected. Only in that arc did the Source not allow him to stay dead. That's one isolated incident and we've seen Superman save his life before.

basilisk
No, just in that arc. Oblivion isn't in this thread so even if you believe that which I don't the point is moot. You don't need Death to be present to kill someone in any other vs thread. So you don't need to have Oblivion present to obliviate someone in this one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by basilisk
You don't need Death to be present to kill someone in any other vs thread. So you don't need to have Oblivion present to obliviate someone in this one. So Thanos' powers stand on his own he doesn't need death there and sok doesn't have oblivion there.

basilisk
So Thanos' powers stand on his own he doesn't need death there and sok doesn't have oblivion there. Death doesn't need to specified as present in anyone's thread for for a character to be able to kill someone. Likewise Oblivion doesn't need to be present in the thread for a character to utterly destroy someone.

quanchi112
Death doesn't need to specified as present in anyone's thread for for a character to be able to kill someone. Likewise Oblivion doesn't need to be present in the thread for a character to utterly destroy someone. This thread doesn't have oblivion in it so it's irrelevant to the thread.

basilisk
This thread doesn't have oblivion in it so it's irrelevant to the thread. OK, you don't get it. I'll leave it there.

You don't need Death to be present to kill someone in any other vs thread. So you don't need to have Oblivion present to obliviate someone in this one. the question is whether SoK bullets kill things or remove them from existence.

quanchi112
OK, you don't get it. I'll leave it there. Your posts are irrelevant to this thread.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
the question is whether SoK bullets kill things or remove them from existence.

When he killed God and Satan they remained dead on the ground. Devoid of life.

When he killed God and Satan they remained dead on the ground. Devoid of life. that shit is probably not killing thanos then. ultimate nullifier would, however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.