Thanos vs. Odin-w/twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gadabout
Thanos feeling real good about his enhanced status decides to take Odin down for old times sake, but he aint going empty handed so he tracks down what he believes to be an ultimate weapon. But Loki is in the mix and has tricked Ol'Thanos and so instead of some ultimate weapon he finds:

1) Wonderwoman's Lasso and bracelets
2) The Eye Of Aggamoto
3) Caps shield and the Ebony sword
4) Fully Charged GL ring
5) Power prism

He must and can only choose 1 of these selections as Odin is closing in
What is choice and does he win?

Silent Master
Doesn't matter, he's still going to lose.

long pig
Dumb.

Lord_Talron
<_>

quan still says thanos wins and the rest of us dont care

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Silent Master

GRIMNIR
eye of aggamotto

Silent Master
Won't help.

zopzop

The Eye of Agamotto and the Ebony Blade alone make this a deadly fight for Odin.

Back in Thor 400 when Seth had absorbed all the powers of his pantheon and made himself Odin's peer in power, it was the Ebony Blade that annihilated him.

Hogun hurled the cursed Black Knight at Seth and it cut right through him like a hot knife through butter. If he had hit Odin instead, Odin would be a corpse.

Silent Master
Originally posted by zopzop
The Eye of Agamotto and the Ebony Blade alone make this a deadly fight for Odin.

Read the opening post....Thanos only gets one weapon.

zopzop
Ah!

If Thanos is smart enough to choose the Ebony Blade he at least has a chance of killing Odin if that sucker connects.

The Eye would be a good BFR win.

zeel
the lasso here is not going to work on odin. He will resist it. I think thanos has a decent shot at this.

King Kandy
The eye would probably be a decent bet. His connection w/ Death may even allow him to use some of its more sophisticated powers.

TricksterPriest
I'm pretty sure the Vishanti will object if he tries to use the eye's powers. Not to mention I doubt he can get the same mileage out of it Strange did.

Zeel: Do not sell the lasso short. It's one of the most powerful weapons in the DCU. It's held down skyfathers before. Hell, it was one of the weapons used to stop Darkseid in Final Crisis. I seriously doubt Thanos can use it though. stick out tongue

Exactly how powerful is the EB? Wasn't the curse broken on it?

Silent Master
I doubt Thanos would ever connect with the sword, Odin could easily keep him at range or block with Grungir if needed.

Simbon
I would actually go with the GL ring; it will stack will with his other powers, his will-power is second to no one's, and he doesn't have to worry about connecting like he does with some of the others.

As for winning... If we accept that their previous fight wasn't PIS, then I think that Thanos can break even if Odin doesn't use Gungnir. With Gungnir, it is still not inconceivable that THanos gets 1-2/10 by coming up with some crazy trick.

TricksterPriest
Like hell. Odin was not going all out. and Thanos was getting crushed. He did alright, but he was nowhere near winning.

zopzop
I doubt Thanos would ever connect with the sword, Odin could easily keep him at range or block with Grungir if needed.

That sword has absorbed Zeus' Thunderbolts and hurled them back at him. And if it connects............. well you saw what happened to Seth with the entire power of his pantheon backing him.

Endless Mike
Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.