For 1 Year!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
You have complete control over all the stories and events of one of your most hated characters. You can use this year to just completely destroy the character, make their lives hell, show the world how shallow and meaningless they really are or go the other route. Take the year to redesign the character or just rebuild them form the ground up. Maybe even keep them the same but do something thats never been thought of before or at least no ones been willing to try.

And as icing on the cake anything that happens within your year of control can't be retconned for atleast 5 years following your year's end!

You only get one character to choose.

What would you do and who would you do it to?

inimalist
cap dies day 1

body is cremated, soul is destroyed, comic physics destroy all life energy that he ever had, his impact on the MU is erased and retconned as just a dream Namor had one day.

Digi
I'm not really vindictive enough to have an amusing post here. I'd probably just use it to give cameos to all my favorite characters throughout comic-dom, then dump the character off in a year much the same as before. In general I can't get too ticked off at characters....I just stop reading them and there's no harm.

Newjak
You should make this except for characters people like stick out tongue

Black bolt z
Sentry. Make him a lot cooler.

BlackZero30x
Superman id re-make him....same suit, same powers, and same basic story but he would not be a boy scout and his temper would flare more.....through out the whole storyline the clark would get beaten down and show his vulnerable side and by the end of my series he would finally go all out and not hold back at all. then right before he delivered the killing blow he would stop himself and look down on his opponent and say something like

"i didn't kill you, i let you live not out of generosity but because this is my planet and i have the power to choose to toy with you or end you. So just know that every time you plot against me i have this choice and next time i might choose differently."

TheMagicPillow
I would give The Thing an upgrade. I feel he is long overdue for one, as he is pretty weak compared to most other characters with high end super strength.

I would also give Spiderman back all his upgrades, not sure why they were taken away in the first place.

StiltmanFTW
Man, I would do so many terrible things to Spider-Man...

-Pr-
I'm not vindictive enough to hurt anyone.

Bar maybe Wolverine. He needs to be taken down a notch. mmm

Blight
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not vindictive enough to hurt anyone.

Bar maybe Wolverine. He needs to be taken down a notch. mmm You mean like making him fight a bunch of Cops in a hick town??? Cause they already did that... ermm

Hard to say who I'd choose to be my most hated character. I certainly have a degree of hate on people who have written Wolverine post Larry Hama, but I doubt he's my LEAST favorite character. However if he were the one I'd have then I'd probably take him out of a lot of groups, bring him back to Madripoor somehow and have him do more of the things he did as Patch during Claremont's run. I don't really like him in Teams much, to be honest...

My truly least favorite character is Gambit... I have NO idea how I'd write him in a series on his own. I feel like that's not only nigh-impossible, but extremely stupid. This guy doesn't have enough.... something... to have his own book. Frankly I'd probably just pass erm

Existere
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Man, I would do so many terrible things to Spider-Man... I'm sure you'd leave quite the rash.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blight
You mean like making him fight a bunch of Cops in a hick town??? Cause they already did that... ermm

Hard to say who I'd choose to be my most hated character. I certainly have a degree of hate on people who have written Wolverine post Larry Hama, but I doubt he's my LEAST favorite character. However if he were the one I'd have then I'd probably take him out of a lot of groups, bring him back to Madripoor somehow and have him do more of the things he did as Patch during Claremont's run. I don't really like him in Teams much, to be honest...

My truly least favorite character is Gambit... I have NO idea how I'd write him in a series on his own. I feel like that's not only nigh-impossible, but extremely stupid. This guy doesn't have enough.... something... to have his own book. Frankly I'd probably just pass erm

the whole "anti-brick" thing.

and gambit is easy. just write him as pepe le peu that causes explosions and you're good.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Superman id re-make him....same suit, same powers, and same basic story but he would not be a boy scout and his temper would flare more.....through out the whole storyline the clark would get beaten down and show his vulnerable side and by the end of my series he would finally go all out and not hold back at all. then right before he delivered the killing blow he would stop himself and look down on his opponent and say something like

"i didn't kill you, i let you live not out of generosity but because this is my planet and i have the power to choose to toy with you or end you. So just know that every time you plot against me i have this choice and next time i might choose differently."

I'm sorry....but I hope you never EVER get the chance to write Superman. thumb down You would ruin him.

I'd give Surfer a solo title again. Hell, I'd get moebius to do the art. Put him back on cruising around the galaxy. Letting us see the wonder of the universe.

Like that mini "Silver Surfer: the end."

inimalist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
like that mini "Silver Surfer: the end."

what did you think of Requiem?

Omega Vision
I'd give Thanos his testicles back and give him a purpose beyond swooning over Death.

What I never understood was why a Nihilist would love Death rather than Oblivion.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd give Thanos his testicles back and give him a purpose beyond swooning over Death.

What I never understood was why a Nihilist would love Death rather than Oblivion. Oblivion is a dude...duh duroll

Would it be bad if I chose to give superman cancer?

Doctor-Alvis
I'd give Superman a crazy mullet. The rest would be unchanged.

Bouboumaster
In the first three months: Superman, yes, got a mullet, broke with Lois, and go out with Wonder Woman

In 6 months: Both of them have problems with alcohol. Superman cheat on Diana with Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Big Barda, two or three amazons, and while this, Diana cheat on Sups with Batman.

In 9 months: Sups is renamed "The Wife Beater" because of the violent pimpslaps he gave to Wonder Woman when she doesn't make him a sandwich.

In the final days: "The Wife Beater" is took down by Batman, because Clark was an *******. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman stop being a boring superhero, and become somewhat interesting, a la Namorita (kind of witty and funny), team with her boyfriend Bruce Wayne, and they chill.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by inimalist

I know this isn't directed at me but lol I want to contribute. I thought Requiem was an very interesting and well done. It explored the deep emotional and psychological issues of Silver Surfer and fellow superheroes and how silver surfer has affected them. It reminded me of the original take of the silver surfer

srankmissingnin
Superman dies of a sudden brain hemorrhage while fighting Toyman or the Prankster, and they capitalize on the street cred they are attributed for "killing" Superman.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by inimalist

Whoops. Turns out I was thinking of requiem. I thought it was one of the best Silver Surfer stories I had ever read. It moved me. big grin

For everyone saying they would do shit to Superman: There are no words to express how much I despise all of you. no expression

Doctor-Alvis
You know you miss that mullet.

Existere
I would make Trick funnier.

I dunno if I'd commit to that for a year though.

Placidity
Wolverine getting one-shotted by Hulk.

And then Thor comes in and one-shots Hulk.

Problems solved.

Really the only two things I don't like about Marvel.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Existere

I dunno if I'd commit to that for a year though.

Difference is, I'm trolling. dopedfu What's your excuse? ermmhappy

Existere
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Difference is, I'm trolling. dopedfu What's your excuse? ermmhappy You can't troll with style?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Existere

I dunno if I'd commit to that for a year though. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.