KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » For 1 Year!

For 1 Year!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

For 1 Year!

You have complete control over all the stories and events of one of your most hated characters. You can use this year to just completely destroy the character, make their lives hell, show the world how shallow and meaningless they really are or go the other route. Take the year to redesign the character or just rebuild them form the ground up. Maybe even keep them the same but do something thats never been thought of before or at least no ones been willing to try.

And as icing on the cake anything that happens within your year of control can't be retconned for atleast 5 years following your year's end!

You only get one character to choose.

What would you do and who would you do it to?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 06:21 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

cap dies day 1

body is cremated, soul is destroyed, comic physics destroy all life energy that he ever had, his impact on the MU is erased and retconned as just a dream Namor had one day.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 07:33 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm not really vindictive enough to have an amusing post here. I'd probably just use it to give cameos to all my favorite characters throughout comic-dom, then dump the character off in a year much the same as before. In general I can't get too ticked off at characters....I just stop reading them and there's no harm.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You should make this except for characters people like stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:16 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Sentry. Make him a lot cooler.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 10:15 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Superman id re-make him....same suit, same powers, and same basic story but he would not be a boy scout and his temper would flare more.....through out the whole storyline the clark would get beaten down and show his vulnerable side and by the end of my series he would finally go all out and not hold back at all. then right before he delivered the killing blow he would stop himself and look down on his opponent and say something like

"i didn't kill you, i let you live not out of generosity but because this is my planet and i have the power to choose to toy with you or end you. So just know that every time you plot against me i have this choice and next time i might choose differently."

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 10:33 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

I would give The Thing an upgrade. I feel he is long overdue for one, as he is pretty weak compared to most other characters with high end super strength.

I would also give Spiderman back all his upgrades, not sure why they were taken away in the first place.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:54 PM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Man, I would do so many terrible things to Spider-Man...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not vindictive enough to hurt anyone.

Bar maybe Wolverine. He needs to be taken down a notch.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not vindictive enough to hurt anyone.

Bar maybe Wolverine. He needs to be taken down a notch.
You mean like making him fight a bunch of Cops in a hick town??? Cause they already did that...

Hard to say who I'd choose to be my most hated character. I certainly have a degree of hate on people who have written Wolverine post Larry Hama, but I doubt he's my LEAST favorite character. However if he were the one I'd have then I'd probably take him out of a lot of groups, bring him back to Madripoor somehow and have him do more of the things he did as Patch during Claremont's run. I don't really like him in Teams much, to be honest...

My truly least favorite character is Gambit... I have NO idea how I'd write him in a series on his own. I feel like that's not only nigh-impossible, but extremely stupid. This guy doesn't have enough.... something... to have his own book. Frankly I'd probably just pass erm

-_-

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 03:08 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Man, I would do so many terrible things to Spider-Man...
I'm sure you'd leave quite the rash.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 03:28 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blight
You mean like making him fight a bunch of Cops in a hick town??? Cause they already did that...

Hard to say who I'd choose to be my most hated character. I certainly have a degree of hate on people who have written Wolverine post Larry Hama, but I doubt he's my LEAST favorite character. However if he were the one I'd have then I'd probably take him out of a lot of groups, bring him back to Madripoor somehow and have him do more of the things he did as Patch during Claremont's run. I don't really like him in Teams much, to be honest...

My truly least favorite character is Gambit... I have NO idea how I'd write him in a series on his own. I feel like that's not only nigh-impossible, but extremely stupid. This guy doesn't have enough.... something... to have his own book. Frankly I'd probably just pass erm

the whole "anti-brick" thing.

and gambit is easy. just write him as pepe le peu that causes explosions and you're good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 03:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Superman id re-make him....same suit, same powers, and same basic story but he would not be a boy scout and his temper would flare more.....through out the whole storyline the clark would get beaten down and show his vulnerable side and by the end of my series he would finally go all out and not hold back at all. then right before he delivered the killing blow he would stop himself and look down on his opponent and say something like

"i didn't kill you, i let you live not out of generosity but because this is my planet and i have the power to choose to toy with you or end you. So just know that every time you plot against me i have this choice and next time i might choose differently."

I'm sorry....but I hope you never EVER get the chance to write Superman. thumb down You would ruin him.

I'd give Surfer a solo title again. Hell, I'd get moebius to do the art. Put him back on cruising around the galaxy. Letting us see the wonder of the universe.

Like that mini "Silver Surfer: the end."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 08:40 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
like that mini "Silver Surfer: the end."

what did you think of Requiem?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:40 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I'd give Thanos his testicles back and give him a purpose beyond swooning over Death.

What I never understood was why a Nihilist would love Death rather than Oblivion.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:44 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd give Thanos his testicles back and give him a purpose beyond swooning over Death.

What I never understood was why a Nihilist would love Death rather than Oblivion.
Oblivion is a dude...duh

Would it be bad if I chose to give superman cancer?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 01:20 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'd give Superman a crazy mullet. The rest would be unchanged.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 03:51 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

In the first three months: Superman, yes, got a mullet, broke with Lois, and go out with Wonder Woman

In 6 months: Both of them have problems with alcohol. Superman cheat on Diana with Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Big Barda, two or three amazons, and while this, Diana cheat on Sups with Batman.

In 9 months: Sups is renamed "The Wife Beater" because of the violent pimpslaps he gave to Wonder Woman when she doesn't make him a sandwich.

In the final days: "The Wife Beater" is took down by Batman, because Clark was an *******. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman stop being a boring superhero, and become somewhat interesting, a la Namorita (kind of witty and funny), team with her boyfriend Bruce Wayne, and they chill.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 05:33 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by inimalist
what did you think of Requiem?

I know this isn't directed at me but lol I want to contribute. I thought Requiem was an very interesting and well done. It explored the deep emotional and psychological issues of Silver Surfer and fellow superheroes and how silver surfer has affected them. It reminded me of the original take of the silver surfer

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 11:47 AM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Superman dies of a sudden brain hemorrhage while fighting Toyman or the Prankster, and they capitalize on the street cred they are attributed for "killing" Superman.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 05:41 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote