The Rite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

SnakeEyes
Hopkins has been phoning it in for years. The Rite looks oh so wrong.

MildPossession
Nothing special at all.

jinXed by JaNx
I agree with MP. It's not a bad movie but it didn't seem to try very hard to set itself apart from other movies in the genre with similar concepts. For me it's one of those movies that start out strong but fizzles away into mediocrity before the last act. I did enjoy the performance of the possessed Italian girl. If you're like me and enjoy movies about the paranormal and demonic possession this one might be worth a rental but otherwise it's not going to do anything for anyone.

Mr Parker

Patient_Leech
Holy god this movie sucked. I saw it many months ago at the cheap theater. Sucked giant balls. Unoriginal and could have redeemed itself with at least a provocative spititual idea or two, but instead was philosophically weak. I'm ashamed of Anthony Hopkins for doing this crap.

Esau Cairn
Yeah nothing special.

I was expecting Hopkins to go all Hannibal when he was possessed but all he did was show how much he's aged in real life.

I did like how the Vatican had gone all high tech dealing with the notion of possession in modern day society.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.