Superman's team vs Thor's team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Superman-current
Gladiator.
GL (Kilowog)
Silver Surfer-current

vs

Thor-classic
Orion-full AF gear but no MB
Captain Marvel-Billy
Sentry-without void

CosmicComet
Great fight.

Superman's speed should be too much for anyone on team 2 save for his own allies Billy and Orion.

I think either of the two will be able to stalemate with Superman long enough for the rest of team 1 to be neutralized.

Harbinger
Team two.

Newjak
Going with team 1, Sentry is a weak link imo.

marmilado
gladiator is the weakest link here by far

JakeTheBank
Team 2.

lawest9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Great fight.

Superman's speed should be too much for anyone on team 2 save for his own allies Billy and Orion.

I think either of the two will be able to stalemate with Superman long enough for the rest of team 1 to be neutralized. Thanks, The reason I included Kilowog here as the resident Green Lantern of this thread is because he has vast superhuman strength of his own with the ring supplement, And can problem hang longer with these vastly powerful type than any of the human GL's.

OneDumbG0
^ Anybody ever post scans definitively proving Kilowog's independent super-strength? Geoff Johns' haters may scoff, but Hal Jordan H2H wrestled with Kilowog with rings off, didn't he?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Anybody ever post scans definitively proving Kilowog's independent super-strength? Geoff Johns' haters may scoff, but Hal Jordan H2H wrestled with Kilowog with rings off, didn't he?

He did, yes.

I could be mistaken, but I think Kilo displayed some super strength in both that Superman/Batman issue where he and Hal sqaure off against Superman and Bats for a moment or two and again during his fight with Arkillo in SCW. I can't say for certain, though.

OneDumbG0
^ But he had his ring on both times, didn't he?

Taking for granted that Kilowog is super strong, I just don't see normal Hal Jordan making Colossus' or Thing's head snap back with a kick to the chin like Hal did against Kilowog.

JakeTheBank

Taking for granted that Kilowog is super strong, I just don't see normal Hal Jordan making Colossus' or Thing's head snap back with a kick to the chin like Hal did against Kilowog.

More than likely, yes.

I don't really see Kilowog as being a "100 tonner" or anything like that myself without the ring as I can't recall or cite specific examples of Kilo's strength feats sans ring. A couple of instances here or there, but nothing concrete for me to say without a shadow of doubt that Kilo approaches x level of strength.

quanchi112
Team sentry wins.

rotiart

Batman v darkseid...

OneDumbG0
^ uhuh

Darkseid was havin troubles with stairs at that point anyway, let alone Batman.

janus77
Team Surfer for the win. Even with Gladiator and Superman wasting space, Surfer should pull his team to victory.

Either that or let Superman KO Thor and Gladiator send Sentry on an orbital ride.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
More than likely, yes.

I don't really see Kilowog as being a "100 tonner" or anything like that myself without the ring as I can't recall or cite specific examples of Kilo's strength feats sans ring. A couple of instances here or there, but nothing concrete for me to say without a shadow of doubt that Kilo approaches x level of strength.
Personally I've never understood why Green Lanterns couldn't amp their stats to Class 100+ levels using their rings. Instead of making a construct to lift/push/destroy something big/some enemy just use that power like tactile telekinesis or to amp a punch.

Nihilist
Team 2 ftw.

Gladiator and Kilowog are out of their league here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Personally I've never understood why Green Lanterns couldn't amp their stats to Class 100+ levels using their rings. Instead of making a construct to lift/push/destroy something big/some enemy just use that power like tactile telekinesis or to amp a punch.

I'd imagine it's because GLs tend to be very visual kind of characters, especially in a comic book format, so it gives artists the chance to really draw some unique and wild things via constructs.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd imagine it's because GLs tend to be very visual kind of characters, especially in a comic book format, so it gives artists the chance to really draw some unique and wild things via constructs.
I can imagine that.

However many times the constructs aren't all that imaginative.

I'm just saying for someone like Guy Gardner it would make sense. Like that could be how they differentiate him, by making him use his ring to become a brawler.

carver9
Team 2

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I can imagine that.

However many times the constructs aren't all that imaginative.

I'm just saying for someone like Guy Gardner it would make sense. Like that could be how they differentiate him, by making him use his ring to become a brawler.

Guy should be able to straight up will people to death in comics.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Great fight.

I think either of the two will be able to stalemate with Superman long enough for the rest of team 1 to be neutralized.

I know Orion has bullet time speed feats under Simonson, but does he really have anything that suggests he's in Supermans/Captain Marvels ballpark?

zeel
Originally posted by lawest9
Superman-current
Gladiator.
GL (Kilowog)
Silver Surfer-current

vs

Thor-classic
Captain Marvel-Billy
Sentry-without void

supes vs captian marvel stalemate
orion beast kilwog
thor beats surfer
glads and sentry stalemate

after thor dispatches of surfer, supes team is toast.

lawest9
Originally posted by lawest9
Superman-current
Gladiator.
GL (Kilowog)
Silver Surfer-current

vs

Thor-classic
Captain Marvel-Billy
Sentry-without void Team 2 seems to be just a little heavier in the power department.

lawest9
?????????????????????????????????????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.