KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman's team vs Thor's team.

Superman's team vs Thor's team.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Superman's team vs Thor's team.

Superman-current
Gladiator.
GL (Kilowog)
Silver Surfer-current

vs

Thor-classic
Orion-full AF gear but no MB
Captain Marvel-Billy
Sentry-without void

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:22 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Great fight.

Superman's speed should be too much for anyone on team 2 save for his own allies Billy and Orion.

I think either of the two will be able to stalemate with Superman long enough for the rest of team 1 to be neutralized.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:27 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Team two.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:36 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Going with team 1, Sentry is a weak link imo.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:39 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marmilado
Restricted

Account Restricted

gladiator is the weakest link here by far

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:39 PM
marmilado is currently offline Click here to Send marmilado a Private Message Find more posts by marmilado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Team 2.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:41 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Great fight.

Superman's speed should be too much for anyone on team 2 save for his own allies Billy and Orion.

I think either of the two will be able to stalemate with Superman long enough for the rest of team 1 to be neutralized.
Thanks, The reason I included Kilowog here as the resident Green Lantern of this thread is because he has vast superhuman strength of his own with the ring supplement, And can problem hang longer with these vastly powerful type than any of the human GL's.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:52 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Anybody ever post scans definitively proving Kilowog's independent super-strength? Geoff Johns' haters may scoff, but Hal Jordan H2H wrestled with Kilowog with rings off, didn't he?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:10 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Anybody ever post scans definitively proving Kilowog's independent super-strength? Geoff Johns' haters may scoff, but Hal Jordan H2H wrestled with Kilowog with rings off, didn't he?

He did, yes.

I could be mistaken, but I think Kilo displayed some super strength in both that Superman/Batman issue where he and Hal sqaure off against Superman and Bats for a moment or two and again during his fight with Arkillo in SCW. I can't say for certain, though.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:17 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ But he had his ring on both times, didn't he?

Taking for granted that Kilowog is super strong, I just don't see normal Hal Jordan making Colossus' or Thing's head snap back with a kick to the chin like Hal did against Kilowog.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:34 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Taking for granted that Kilowog is super strong, I just don't see normal Hal Jordan making Colossus' or Thing's head snap back with a kick to the chin like Hal did against Kilowog.

More than likely, yes.

I don't really see Kilowog as being a "100 tonner" or anything like that myself without the ring as I can't recall or cite specific examples of Kilo's strength feats sans ring. A couple of instances here or there, but nothing concrete for me to say without a shadow of doubt that Kilo approaches x level of strength.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Team sentry wins.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Batman v darkseid...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:33 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^

Darkseid was havin troubles with stairs at that point anyway, let alone Batman.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:42 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Team Surfer for the win. Even with Gladiator and Superman wasting space, Surfer should pull his team to victory.

Either that or let Superman KO Thor and Gladiator send Sentry on an orbital ride.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:07 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
More than likely, yes.

I don't really see Kilowog as being a "100 tonner" or anything like that myself without the ring as I can't recall or cite specific examples of Kilo's strength feats sans ring. A couple of instances here or there, but nothing concrete for me to say without a shadow of doubt that Kilo approaches x level of strength.

Personally I've never understood why Green Lanterns couldn't amp their stats to Class 100+ levels using their rings. Instead of making a construct to lift/push/destroy something big/some enemy just use that power like tactile telekinesis or to amp a punch.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:11 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Team 2 ftw.

Gladiator and Kilowog are out of their league here.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:15 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Personally I've never understood why Green Lanterns couldn't amp their stats to Class 100+ levels using their rings. Instead of making a construct to lift/push/destroy something big/some enemy just use that power like tactile telekinesis or to amp a punch.

I'd imagine it's because GLs tend to be very visual kind of characters, especially in a comic book format, so it gives artists the chance to really draw some unique and wild things via constructs.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:24 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd imagine it's because GLs tend to be very visual kind of characters, especially in a comic book format, so it gives artists the chance to really draw some unique and wild things via constructs.

I can imagine that.

However many times the constructs aren't all that imaginative.

I'm just saying for someone like Guy Gardner it would make sense. Like that could be how they differentiate him, by making him use his ring to become a brawler.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 12:12 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Team 2

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 12:17 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote