Smith vs. Anakin (Lord Vader)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is Smith at his most powerful after he's taken over the Oracle vs. Anakin before the suit at his most powerful. Fight takes place in the matrix and who wins ?

Lestov16
I think Smith's got this

Rogue Jedi
Anakin rapes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Anakin rapes. Based on ?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? Based on the fact that when Smith does his bullet time dodge thing, Anakin force holds him in place, then decaps him. Precog rules here.

quanchi112
Based on the fact that when Smith does his bullet time dodge thing, Anakin force holds him in place, then decaps him. Precog rules here. How do you know he can hold him with precog ? Smith is so much faster and stronger than vader it's not even funny.

Lestov16
Based on the fact that when Smith does his bullet time dodge thing, Anakin force holds him in place, then decaps him. Precog rules here.

laughing

Rogue Jedi
How do you know he can hold him with precog ? Smith is so much faster and stronger than vader it's not even funny. Hold him with precog? You mean hold him with a force hold, yes?

quanchi112
Hold him with precog? You mean hold him with a force hold, yes? Yes, it's like saying he can choke him based off talking to him on a screen. I don't see the same rules applying here to Smith since he's taken over the Oracle. I can see him using it but Smith resisting based off of his power and the fact he's a lot stronger and more powerful than human beings along with the fact he isn't human he's a program.

Darth Martin
Smith rapes. Fixed.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, it's like saying he can choke him based off talking to him on a screen. I don't see the same rules applying here to Smith since he's taken over the Oracle. I can see him using it but Smith resisting based off of his power and the fact he's a lot stronger and more powerful than human beings along with the fact he isn't human he's a program. So you're one of these people who think a force choke/hold can be escaped via brute strength? Nothing in the SW movies suggested that.

Besides, Anakin has precog, he will always know where Smith is gonna be. He doesn't even have to see Smith. He just senses where danger is coming from and have his saber ready to intercept.

Robtard
Yet somehow Force-Precog can counter a cat like Smith, but not a human-esque wizard. Odd, RJ. Odd.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Yet somehow Force-Precog can counter a cat like Smith, but not a human-esque wizard. Odd, RJ. Odd. And there it is, knew it was coming....

Difference: A wizard can **** with precog due to the sheer amount of shit it can throw at a Jedi at once. Precog was shown, many times, being overwhelmed.

Smith? All he has is his H2H, precog will work just fine.

Wait, does Smith have his gat?

Robtard
And there it is, knew it was coming....

Difference: A wizard can **** with precog due to the sheer amount of shit it can throw at a Jedi at once. Precog was shown, many times, being overwhelmed.

Smith? All he has is his H2H, precog will work just fine.

Wait, does Smith have his gat?

Cos you're so odd in how you debate.

Really now? no. Overwhelmed by lots and lots of blaster-fire in most cases.

Why doesn't Smith have a gun? He usually has one. Have you seen how fast Smith can move and throw punches?

Darth Martin
A powerful Sith Lord and a Superman-esque character are two different guages of power. Anakin is indeed powerful but not even the most powerful of his group. He's pretty much Kenobi's equal at this point. Windu, Sidious, Dooku, and Palpatine all dwarf him in Force mastery and control.

Even then, Smith would solo every single one of them. This is a guy whose mere flight path caused tornados, whose landings caused craters and earthquakes, who can fly at subsonic speeds, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Cos you're so odd in how you debate.

Really now? no. Overwhelmed by lots and lots of blaster-fire in most cases.

Why doesn't Smith have a gun? He usually has one. Have you seen how fast Smith can move and throw punches?

Odd as in I tend to spank you silly?

Ahahahahaa, don't get me started. I can make a huge list, dude. The SW movies are chocked full of instances where precog failed miserably.

If Smith has a gun, that's different. He probably wins then.

Robtard
Odd as in I tend to spank you silly?

Ahahahahaa, don't get me started. I can make a huge list, dude. The SW movies are chocked full of instances where precog failed miserably.

If Smith has a gun, that's different. He probably wins then.

If that helps you get by, I'm cool with you thinking that.

And where it didn't.

So Precog now fails to a bullet?

Rogue Jedi
If that helps you get by, I'm cool with you thinking that.

And where it didn't.

So Precog now fails to a bullet?

You know you came.

Far more instances of it not working, dude.

No, bullets travel faster than blaster bolts, you know that.

Robtard
You know you came.

Far more instances of it not working, dude.

No, bullets travel faster than blaster bolts, you know that.

Again, if that helps you, cool.

Yeah, no. Each and every time a Jedi/Sith block a blaster bolt, that's an instance of it working; there are shit loads of those in the films.

But, but, but Vader will know ahead of time, you just said that.

Rogue Jedi
Again, if that helps you, cool.

Yeah, no. Each and every time a Jedi/Sith block a blaster bolt, that's an instance of it working; there are shit loads of those in the films.

But, but, but Vader will know ahead of time, you just said that.

Calm down.

Mhm, and a Jedi blocking twenty bolts is one instance IMO.

K. If Smith rapid fires, which he rarely did, Anakin is gonna have problems.

quanchi112
So you're one of these people who think a force choke/hold can be escaped via brute strength? Nothing in the SW movies suggested that.

Besides, Anakin has precog, he will always know where Smith is gonna be. He doesn't even have to see Smith. He just senses where danger is coming from and have his saber ready to intercept. Wait a minute ? I saw lasers taking out multiple jedi when they were betrayed in the revenge of the sith yet even an agent smith can dodge multiple bullets with ease but you claim Vader is unhittable now ? You claim he senses danger at every turn but despite Obi wan warning him not to jump did so anyways ?

Vader has been beaten multiple times even when he knows he shouldn't do something.

Smith's reaction times, feats of strength are far superior to anything vader has ever done on screen by a country mile.

Why wouldn't I think it can be overcome via strength when it really hasn't killed anyone with supernatural strength like smith or with his reaction feats.

quanchi112
No gun for Smith. I hardly think he needs it and would think that would take away any chances vader does have.

Rogue Jedi
Wait a minute ? I saw lasers taking out multiple jedi when they were betrayed in the revenge of the sith yet even an agent smith can dodge multiple bullets with ease but you claim Vader is unhittable now ? You claim he senses danger at every turn but despite Obi wan warning him not to jump did so anyways ?

Vader has been beaten multiple times even when he knows he shouldn't do something.

Smith's reaction times, feats of strength are far superior to anything vader has ever done on screen by a country mile.

Why wouldn't I think it can be overcome via strength when it really hasn't killed anyone with supernatural strength like smith or with his reaction feats.

Fail. The fact that you brought up ROTS is fail. The Jedi were unaware they were about to be attacked. Their ability to use the force had diminished, Mace's words.

Name them.

Precog. Anakin is fast enough to precog where Smith will attack from and cut him to ribbons. Smith never moved fast enough so that Anakin would not know his general location. Force push, Smith flies back, followed by force hold, followed by decap.

Why didn't the Gammoreans overcome Luke's force choke then?

0mega Spawn
umm smith can fly? smith has superhuman durability & strength?
smith can end fight after sticking his hand into a persons chest?

Rogue Jedi
Um, pay attention? Precog, saber swipe.

0mega Spawn
umm flight

NowYouRemember
Guess I'll step in here.

If we're saying that Smith can be killed due to saber blows or Melee damage from Anakin, then the Jedi has a chance.

Jedi Precog when used well, is highly effective.

Problem is, it isn't 100% infallible. There are times when the Precog doesn't tell the Jedi something (depending on the Will of the Force) or the Jedi doesn't react quickly enough to follow it's Will.
(Qui-Gon being impaled by Maul)

However, if Anakin were to go toe-to-toe with Smith, who has a regular damage-soak and this is RotS Anakin, I'd give Anakin a fair shot.

Anakin has faced opponents with crazy reaction-times, I.E. Magnagaurd, Count Dooku, etc, etc, etc. And still one-upped them with his reflexes and Force abilities.

Yes, a Force-choke or TK grip can be broken out of - usually by use of a "Grounding Technique" (Seemessedhatterpoint Novel) that catches and disperses incoming Force energy, and scatters it, dissipating it.

If Anakin used the Force to determine where Smith was going to be (Perceived him running to spot B in the next few moments) and used the Force to grab him and hold him in place, he could do it.

He used the same trick to kill Durge, a multi-thousand year old and highly deadly bounty hunter and Mandalorian-killer.

If he grabbed Smith, either Smith wouldn't be able to move, or by the time he did, Anakin would have already sawed him in half.

Now, what of Smith's gun?

Anakin could block those bullets, and probably bounce them back into the Agent.

This hinges on the potency of Anakin's ESP during this fight, which would depend on the Will of the Force.

If he's supposed to win the fight, and his ESP works favorably, I'd give Anakin a 6/10 chance.

If not, Smith messes him up.

Psychotron
Smith should rape, he's too fast and too strong for Anakin. Also, he can fly.

dadudemon
I'd like to submit to the court the following fact:

Agent Smith is so incredibly durable that a lightsaber would just bounce off of his body.

An object that can survive a punch that causes a shockwave on scale of a nuclear weapon is so incredibly durable that you would have to hold a plasma blade on that object, for a lengthy period of time, to get it to slowly start cutting it (the heat excites the molecules to the point that it starts to break the bonds, very rapidly. On the macroscopic scale, this looks like "cutting". Apply this same blade to a material that is so extremely durable that it does not "destroy" even at forces far greater than any material can withstand during the shockwave of a nuclear weapon, we have a material that could easily deflect a plasma blade with little to no damage.)

Let us also mention that the heat caused from those punches that caused those shockwaves would cause extremely high amounts of heat...also furthering my point that his body simply cannot be cut with a glancing blow from a light-saber.

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of heat created by those massive punches.

You guys need a good example? How about the pistol shrimp? Little ****er creates heat in the water that is as hot as the surface of the sun. And what is the sun? Plasma. What is a lightsaber? A plasma blade. Are the heats of the two similar? Probably. It's more likely that the plasma blades/lightsabers are a couple of thousand degrees cooler than the surface of the sun.

eKPrGxB1Kzc

Conclusion: spite thread.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd like to submit to the court the following fact:

Agent Smith is so incredibly durable that a lightsaber would just bounce off of his body.

An object that can survive a punch that causes a shockwave on scale of a nuclear weapon is so incredibly durable that you would have to hold a plasma blade on that object, for a lengthy period of time, to get it to slowly start cutting it (the heat excites the molecules to the point that it starts to break the bonds, very rapidly. On the macroscopic scale, this looks like "cutting". Apply this same blade to a material that is so extremely durable that it does not "destroy" even at forces far greater than any material can withstand during the shockwave of a nuclear weapon, we have a material that could easily deflect a plasma blade with little to no damage.)

Let us also mention that the heat caused from those punches that caused those shockwaves would cause extremely high amounts of heat...also furthering my point that his body simply cannot be cut with a glancing blow from a light-saber.

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of heat created by those massive punches.

You guys need a good example? How about the shotgun shrimp? Little ****er creates heat in the water that is as hot as the surface of the sun. And what is the sun? Plasma. What is a lightsaber? A plasma blade. Are the heats of the two similar? Probably. It's more likely that the plasma blades/lightsabers are a couple of thousand degrees cooler than the surface of the sun.

Conclusion: spite thread.

Didn't Morpheus use a sword to dispatch people in the later movies?

I had alot going on at the time, and they didn't look so hot to me so I've only seen bits and pieces.

EDIT: Just watched that vid, hm..

You'd think if that explosion was as hot as the surface of the sun, that shrimp would be at least slightly charred on the outside, and not just stunned.

Then again, my Shrimpology is a little rusty.

Bubba would disapprove.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NowYouRemember
Didn't Morpheus use a sword to dispatch people in the later movies?

I had alot going on at the time, and they didn't look so hot to me so I've only seen bits and pieces.

EDIT: Just watched that vid, hm..

You'd think if that explosion was as hot as the surface of the sun, that shrimp would be at least slightly charred on the outside, and not just stunned.

Then again, my Shrimpology is a little rusty.

Bubba would disapprove.

That heat would be very localized at the "apex" of the compression wave. It would not be "large enough" to heat the water around it enough to fry our little critter. It's a heat-volume transfer thing: not enough volume of water is heated enough to heat the volume the encompasses the shrimp.

Summary: it neeeeeds moar calories! dur

laughing

NowYouRemember
That heat would be very localized at the "apex" of the compression wave. It would not be "large enough" to heat the water around it enough to fry our little critter. It's a heat-volume transfer thing: not enough volume of water is heated enough to heat the volume the encompasses the shrimp.

Summary: it neeeeeds moar calories! dur

laughing

Ah, I thought so..

And what of Morpheus and his over-glorified dinner-knife?pimp

Nephthys
And yet their clothes aren't even singed? Hmmmm. awegimp

steverules_2
Whats precog?

Nephthys
Google is your friend.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Nephthys
Google is your friend.

Great

Rogue Jedi
Guess I'll step in here.

If we're saying that Smith can be killed due to saber blows or Melee damage from Anakin, then the Jedi has a chance.

Jedi Precog when used well, is highly effective.

Problem is, it isn't 100% infallible. There are times when the Precog doesn't tell the Jedi something (depending on the Will of the Force) or the Jedi doesn't react quickly enough to follow it's Will.
(Qui-Gon being impaled by Maul)

However, if Anakin were to go toe-to-toe with Smith, who has a regular damage-soak and this is RotS Anakin, I'd give Anakin a fair shot.

Anakin has faced opponents with crazy reaction-times, I.E. Magnagaurd, Count Dooku, etc, etc, etc. And still one-upped them with his reflexes and Force abilities.

Yes, a Force-choke or TK grip can be broken out of - usually by use of a "Grounding Technique" (Seemessedhatterpoint Novel) that catches and disperses incoming Force energy, and scatters it, dissipating it.

If Anakin used the Force to determine where Smith was going to be (Perceived him running to spot B in the next few moments) and used the Force to grab him and hold him in place, he could do it.

He used the same trick to kill Durge, a multi-thousand year old and highly deadly bounty hunter and Mandalorian-killer.

If he grabbed Smith, either Smith wouldn't be able to move, or by the time he did, Anakin would have already sawed him in half.

Now, what of Smith's gun?

Anakin could block those bullets, and probably bounce them back into the Agent.

This hinges on the potency of Anakin's ESP during this fight, which would depend on the Will of the Force.

If he's supposed to win the fight, and his ESP works favorably, I'd give Anakin a 6/10 chance.

If not, Smith messes him up. Dude that's HOT.

NowYouRemember
Dude that's HOT.

stick out tongue What can I say? I studied Jedi and Sith lore for over a decade, at one point, religiously.

From what I know, Anakin has a chance in this, depending on Le dice.

Rogue Jedi
stick out tongue What can I say? I studied Jedi and Sith lore for over a decade, at one point, religiously.

From what I know, Anakin has a chance in this, depending on Le dice. Marry me.

NowYouRemember
Marry me.

I have a fiancee, actually. stick out tongue

But shit, Nephthys knows just as much as I do, maybe even more. And he's single.

So try him out. wink

Nephthys
Yeah, I have a feeling thats not going to happen.......

NowYouRemember
Yeah, I have a feeling thats not going to happen.......

laughing

His loss.

sad

Rogue Jedi
I have a fiancee, actually. stick out tongue

But shit, Nephthys knows just as much as I do, maybe even more. And he's single.

So try him out. wink It's not the amount of shit that you know, I know close to as much, it's a SW chick thing I have. Chicks with extreme SW knowledge are droolio

ares834
Smith was "killed" by a bullet. Not sure how he is going to be tanking a laser sword through the chest. As for bullets? TK should be very effective against them.

NowYouRemember
It's not the amount of shit that you know, I know close to as much, it's a SW chick thing I have. Chicks with extreme SW knowledge are droolio

Agreed. wink

I'm male, though. stick out tongue

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by ares834
Smith was "killed" by a bullet. Not sure how he is going to be tanking a laser sword through the chest. As for bullets? TK should be very effective against them.

Mm, shit, good points.

You're evolving, I think. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Agreed. wink

I'm male, though. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

NowYouRemember
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, I have a feeling thats not going to happen....... You're FEELING? SENSE OFFENDER!!!!

Nephthys
FVCK YOU! IMMA GET A PUPPY IF I WANT TO!

quanchi112
Fail. The fact that you brought up ROTS is fail. The Jedi were unaware they were about to be attacked. Their ability to use the force had diminished, Mace's words.

Name them.

Precog. Anakin is fast enough to precog where Smith will attack from and cut him to ribbons. Smith never moved fast enough so that Anakin would not know his general location. Force push, Smith flies back, followed by force hold, followed by decap.

Why didn't the Gammoreans overcome Luke's force choke then? The jedi was actually deflecting blasts and later was killed by watching his attackers. It wasn't thousands of troops either and their speed seemed nowhere even close to an agent's speed thus my point is made.

Vade was beaten against Obi Wan because of stupidity. Vader was beaten twice against Dooku because he ran in because he's stupid and overconfident and the second time because he was just outdueled.

Anakin's speed isn't anywhere or his reaction time close to smith's or an agent. Smith was flying around and into the earth causing massive damage and wasn't even harmed at all. Neo and Smith have shown bullets are a waste of time even in the first movie when both were at their weakest and since have become so much more powerful and faster that Anakin simply cannot keep up.

Did the Gammoreans show the power or speed Smith has ?

quanchi112
Smith was "killed" by a bullet. Not sure how he is going to be tanking a laser sword through the chest. As for bullets? TK should be very effective against them. When was oracle smith ever killed by a bullet ?

Rogue Jedi
The jedi was actually deflecting blasts and later was killed by watching his attackers. It wasn't thousands of troops either and their speed seemed nowhere even close to an agent's speed thus my point is made.

Vade was beaten against Obi Wan because of stupidity. Vader was beaten twice against Dooku because he ran in because he's stupid and overconfident and the second time because he was just outdueled.

Anakin's speed isn't anywhere or his reaction time close to smith's or an agent. Smith was flying around and into the earth causing massive damage and wasn't even harmed at all. Neo and Smith have shown bullets are a waste of time even in the first movie when both were at their weakest and since have become so much more powerful and faster that Anakin simply cannot keep up.

Did the Gammoreans show the power or speed Smith has ?

What exactly was your point?

Arrogance.

Anakin doesn't need Smith's reaction time, he has precognition.

Was Smith ever shown muscling out of a TK hold?

Also, how's Smith gonna get close enough to Anakin to kill him? Cuz you know, precog.

quanchi112
What exactly was your point?

Arrogance.

Anakin doesn't need Smith's reaction time, he has precognition.

Was Smith ever shown muscling out of a TK hold?

Also, how's Smith gonna get close enough to Anakin to kill him? Cuz you know, precog. That a jedi's reactions are easily overwhelmed by far less than smith.

Yes, arrogance which is a part of Anakin's personality.

Precognition did't save anakin in any of these fights and he was specifically told by Obi not to jump and the idiot did it anyways.

Was a tk hold ever shown on anyone with Smith's strength and power?

Since when has precog made someone invincible ? Anakin like you yourself have admitted can be overwhelmed which he would be here.

Rogue Jedi
That a jedi's reactions are easily overwhelmed by far less than smith.

Yes, arrogance which is a part of Anakin's personality.

Precognition did't save anakin in any of these fights and he was specifically told by Obi not to jump and the idiot did it anyways.

Was a tk hold ever shown on anyone with Smith's strength and power?

Since when has precog made someone invincible ? Anakin like you yourself have admitted can be overwhelmed which he would be here.

Precog was shown failing when a Jedi/Sith had too much going on at ince. Like a TILT on a pinball machine.

K, and?

Because his opponent had it too. Durh.

Ah, dodging then. It was shown suspending about 5 tons worth of X Wing.

It doesn't make someone invincible. Smith has no ranged weapons or special powers, he has to go cqc here. When he tries, Anakin will know, and he will slice Smith to bits.

quanchi112
Precog was shown failing when a Jedi/Sith had too much going on at ince. Like a TILT on a pinball machine.

K, and?

Because his opponent had it too. Durh.

Ah, dodging then. It was shown suspending about 5 tons worth of X Wing.

It doesn't make someone invincible. Smith has no ranged weapons or special powers, he has to go cqc here. When he tries, Anakin will know, and he will slice Smith to bits. Just like smith is capable of due to his speed. Too much going on for them to be able to react and keep up with.

That he brings his overconfidence in every thread with him.

No, you aren't getting it. He was told and should have known jumping at Obi wan would get him beaten but did so anyways because he's literally stupid.

So flying isn't a special power ? Smith showed the flat out speed to make anakin look lame by comparison. One punch to his dome and he's probably either dead,ko'd, or badly hurt.

Vader hasn't shown reaction times anywhere near this fast despite having precog.

Rogue Jedi
Just like smith is capable of due to his speed. Too much going on for them to be able to react and keep up with. Question. When Smith was chasing Neo at the end of the Matrix, why was he moving as human speeds?

No doubt.

Stupid? Hardly.

I meant like TK, stuff like that. If he takes off, Anakin force grabs him, pulls him close, and takes off his head.

Again, he doesn't need it.

quanchi112
Question. When Smith was chasing Neo at the end of the Matrix, why was he moving as human speeds?

No doubt.

Stupid? Hardly.

I meant like TK, stuff like that. If he takes off, Anakin force grabs him, pulls him close, and takes off his head.

Again, he doesn't need it. When was he moving at human speeds at the end ? End of which movie the first or third ?

So jumping at your opponent when the person you are fighting and you yourself both know will get you beat isn't stupid ? Ignoring your training because you feel yourself capable of anything isn't stupid ?

Anakin has never used this power on someone with speed or power like Smith. Against powerful opponents it isn't this easy nor has any jedi off the top of my head used it against Jango fett.

So now you think he doesn't need reaction feats to compete with someone as fast as Smith while at the same time agreeing precog can be overwhelmed.

Rogue Jedi
When was he moving at human speeds at the end ? End of which movie the first or third ? I am talking about any of the movies, when he was moving from point A to B. If he has to move 20 feet to close the distance between he and his foe.

He overestimated his powers.

Not really an answer, dude.

He needs reaction feats, I never said he didn't.

quanchi112
I am talking about any of the movies, when he was moving from point A to B. If he has to move 20 feet to close the distance between he and his foe.

He overestimated his powers.

Not really an answer, dude.

He needs reaction feats, I never said he didn't. He was flying at Neop at the end of the third at faster than human speeds and we are using the Oracle based Smith.

Yes, which he will most likely do here as well.

You don't have any proof to solidify your claim.

Then you agree since they aren't on par with Smith's that he loses.

Rogue Jedi
He was flying at Neop at the end of the third at faster than human speeds and we are using the Oracle based Smith. K, and? I remember being able to track his movements.

I can actually see Smith exploiting that, good point.

No, it's you who is placing a limit on force powers. Limits that are pure speculation.

I did?

Robtard
Have to love RJ's logic:

Wizards > Jedi/Precog. Agent Smith with all his powers/abilities can't.

Fanboyism is dope.

Someone make a Agent Smith Vs Voldermort thread, it will be hilarious.

ares834
People don't seem to ever realize how precog works... It doesn't really matter how fast an object is traveling. Precog warns where an object is going to land ahead of time. For example, Anakin will be warned where a blaster bolt is going to be half a second (just a random choice but the actual number is irrelevant for my example) ahead of time allowing him to adjust himself. His precog will also warn him where Agent Smith's punch will land half a second ahead of time as well.

Rogue Jedi
Have to love RJ's logic:

Fanboyism is dope. Aaaaaaaahahahahahahaa epic butthurt!!!!

I already explained the wizard factor, and you bring it up again. Wizards have hundreds of powers. Wizards can freeze them, can fly, can freeze them, can fly, can render themselves intangible, can render themselves invisible, can render themselves fireproof, can vanish them, can change them into condoms, can mind rape them from hundreds of feet away......and that's still just the tip of the iceberg.

You really need to let that go. Until the all versus forum is made, anyway.

Rogue Jedi
People don't seem to ever realize how precog works... It doesn't really matter how fast an object is traveling. Precog warns where an object is going to land ahead of time. For example, Anakin will be warned where a blaster bolt is going to be half a second (just a random choice but the actual number is irrelevant for my example) ahead of time allowing him to adjust himself. His precog will also warn him where Agent Smith's punch will land half a second ahead of time as well. Exactly. And it only failed when a force user's attention was focused elsewhere.

Here, Anakins attention will be 100% on Smith. Here. precog likely will not fail.

Robtard
People don't seem to ever realize how precog works... It doesn't really matter how fast an object is traveling. Precog warns where an object is going to land ahead of time. For example, Anakin will be warned where a blaster bolt is going to be half a second (just a random choice but the actual number is irrelevant for my example) ahead of time allowing him to adjust himself. His precog will also warn him where Agent Smith's punch will land half a second ahead of time as well.

Precog can be overwhelmed by greater speed, as well as greater numbers.

The Flash, Vader would be warned of the attack, but he's still too slow to react ahead of time. Yes, The Flash is an extreme example.

Rogue Jedi

The Flash, Vader would be warned of the attack, but he's still too slow to react ahead of time. Yes, The Flash is an extreme example. Name a few times, off the top of your head, Smith used "HOLY SHIT WTF" speed. Explain in detail what was going on and exactly what he did.

Robtard
Aaaaaaaahahahahahahaa epic butthurt!!!!

I already explained the wizard factor, and you bring it up again. Wizards have hundreds of powers. Wizards can freeze them, can fly, can freeze them, can fly, can render themselves intangible, can render themselves invisible, can render themselves fireproof, can vanish them, can change them into condoms, can mind rape them from hundreds of feet away......and that's still just the tip of the iceberg.

You really need to let that go. Until the all versus forum is made, anyway.

Have to love RJ's logic:

Fanboyism is dope.

Someone make a Agent Smith Vs Voldermort thread, it will be hilarious.

ares834

Greater numbers sure but not speed.

Only if the Flash changes his trajectory. If he ran straight at Vader, Vader would have "reacted" before Flash even moved becasue he knew where Flash was going to be a fraction of a second before he was going to be there.

Robtard
Name a few times, off the top of your head, Smith used "HOLY SHIT WTF" speed. Explain in detail what was going on and exactly what he did.

Weeeeeeeeee. A Strawman argument. Dope. Respond with a Non Sequitor, those are usually your staple.

Rogue Jedi
Voldemort would rape Smith something silly.

Rogue Jedi
Weeeeeeeeee. A Strawman argument. Dope. Respond with a Non Sequitor, those are usually your staple. How is that a strawman? We are discussing Smith's speed, and I am asking for some examples of his uber speed feats.

I don't recall him ever closing the distance between he and his enemy with said speed. I only recall him using it when up close and personal.

Robtard
Greater numbers sure but not speed.

Only if the Flash changes his trajectory. If he ran straight at Vader, Vader would have "reacted" before Flash even moved becasue he knew where Flash was going to be a fraction of a second before he was going to be there.

Stands to reason if someone is that much faster then the Jedi/Sith, it could.

I don't think you realize how fast The Flash is.

Robtard
Voldemort would rape Smith something silly.

Wizards "rape" everyone, silly boy. That's how fanboyism works.

Rogue Jedi
Wizards "rape" everyone, silly boy. That's how fanboyism works. Not everyone, no. Any force user, any Matrix character, yes.

How they gonna attack something that can teleport and is intangible?

Robtard
How is that a strawman? We are discussing Smith's speed, and I am asking for some examples of his uber speed feats.

I don't recall him ever closing the distance between he and his enemy with said speed. I only recall him using it when up close and personal.

Because it wasn't my argument.

So now he can only use his speed when he's "close to someone"? Let me guess, he can only dodge bullets if they're fired by the exact people that shot at him in the films? This line of "logic", eh?

Robtard
Not everyone, no. Any force user, any Matrix character, yes.

How they gonna attack something that can teleport and is intangible?

LoL.

Not the thread for this. Go make a Wizards Vs Neo, Smith etc thread and fanboy out in there.

ares834
Stands to reason if someone is that much faster then the Jedi/Sith, it could.

I don't think you realize how fast The Flash is.

It doesn't matter how fast the Flash is (note I'm not saying that Vader can beat him). What precog does is allows the user to know where Flash will be well before he arrives there (once again assuming he doesn't change his tragectory). Precog will tell them where an attack is coming from half a second before it arrives meaning they will have the same time to "react" to an attack from Flash as they will to a blaster bolt.

Nephthys
Ares, thats bullshit. erm

DARTH POWER
Pre-Cog wnt help against someone like Flash.. Anakin/Vader would just be standing still from the Flash's point of view.. He runs at him in a straight line or not, wnt matter.

The only way for a jedi/sith to beat someone that fast would be to grab them with the Force before they move (which is unlikely)

Nephthys
Especially since they wouldn't be able to twice without the Flash running up and punching them at lightspeed.

Rogue Jedi
Because it wasn't my argument.

So now he can only use his speed when he's "close to someone"? Let me guess, he can only dodge bullets if they're fired by the exact people that shot at him in the films? This line of "logic", eh? Hey, I'm just stating what happened in the movies. I'm just talking about the times he speed blitzed onscreen. All in all, I am obeying the MVF golden rule.

quanchi112
K, and? I remember being able to track his movements.

I can actually see Smith exploiting that, good point.

No, it's you who is placing a limit on force powers. Limits that are pure speculation.

I did? Doesn' mean a human being can react to Smith in a fight as proven in the first the guy can dodge bullet and punch multiple times in a blurry type fashion. This Smith is more powerful and an equal to Neo who can down multiple agents like they lemmings.

Progress.

You are assuming a much higher limit without proof as well. Do you think the force can hold the cloverfield monster with tk and kill it before it can react ?

Yes, just now.

It's ok Smith is too fast for Vader to react. Jedi have been overwhelmed by far less.
People don't seem to ever realize how precog works... It doesn't really matter how fast an object is traveling. Precog warns where an object is going to land ahead of time. For example, Anakin will be warned where a blaster bolt is going to be half a second (just a random choice but the actual number is irrelevant for my example) ahead of time allowing him to adjust himself. His precog will also warn him where Agent Smith's punch will land half a second ahead of time as well. Do you not understand what being overwhelmed is ? If Smith throws a hunded punches and Anakin knows where they are coming but isn't fast enough to physically keep up he's overwhelmed. How is this difficult to understand ?

Rogue Jedi
Doesn' mean a human being can react to Smith in a fight as proven in the first the guy can dodge bullet and punch multiple times in a blurry type fashion. This Smith is more powerful and an equal to Neo who can down multiple agents like they lemmings. See, that's the thing, Smith has to get that close to attack. Never happens. The moment he tries, Anakin decaps him.

Calm down.

Yoda held an X Wing aloft, dude.

Kaaaaaaaaaaay roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read what I said, up top.

quanchi112
See, that's the thing, Smith has to get that close to attack. Never happens. The moment he tries, Anakin decaps him.

Calm down.

Yoda held an X Wing aloft, dude.

Kaaaaaaaaaaay roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read what I said, up top. Based on what ? anakin has to get close to Smith and unlike Smith has slow reaction times.

I was proud of you until now. I hate it when people regress.

Yes, with great concentration but could Yoda hold this immense creature and just oneshot kill it then in your opinion ? Holding an inanimate object is different than holding something with a mind trying to resist you.

You already agreed he can be overwhelmed so unless you changed your position you agree with me.

Rogue Jedi
Based on what ? anakin has to get close to Smith and unlike Smith has slow reaction times. Mhm, and, unlike Smith, Anakin has shown he can speed blitz from point A to B via force speed.

Oh baby don't say that.

Again, nothing in the SW movies implied that a force hold can be resisted via willpower or brute force.

Overwhelmed by one being? Not gonna happen, duder.

quanchi112
Mhm, and, unlike Smith, Anakin has shown he can speed blitz from point A to B via force speed.

Oh baby don't say that.

Again, nothing in the SW movies implied that a force hold can be resisted via willpower or brute force.

Overwhelmed by one being? Not gonna happen, duder. Smith has shown he can fly at very fast speeds as well but unlike Anakin when it gets up close and personal Smith is far faster to the point of boredom for him.

Too late.

What ? You can tell the weight of the object puts a strain on the force user so if someone's actively using more force than just their weight it's common sense it's much harder to do than on an inanimate object.

Happened against Dooku the first time. He also lost to Obi Wan. This isn't the kids at the temple Anakin is facing this is a program that's going to rip him in two.

dadudemon
And yet their clothes aren't even singed? Hmmmm. awegimp

It's what happens when you have the ability to manipulate the matrix "as you see fit", isn't it? smile

When was oracle smith ever killed by a bullet ?

Also, this. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Smith has shown he can fly at very fast speeds as well but unlike Anakin when it gets up close and personal Smith is far faster to the point of boredom for him. See, there you go again. What makes you think Anakin will allow Smith to GET up close and personal?

K, you see how easily Dooku force lifted Obi Wan?

Mhm.

Mhm, a being that has one way of killing Anakin. Getting close to him and going cqc. When Smith tries this, Anakin senses it, then decaps him.

ares834
Ares, thats bullshit. erm

That's how it works. I don't like using Flash as he can move or can punch numerous times but a beam of light, for example, would be dodgeable by a Jedi.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Pre-Cog wnt help against someone like Flash.. Anakin/Vader would just be standing still from the Flash's point of view.. He runs at him in a straight line or not, wnt matter.

The only way for a jedi/sith to beat someone that fast would be to grab them with the Force before they move (which is unlikely)

IF he runs straight at him they will be able to dodge. Vader would know were he is going to be well before he moves there. They see the future they don't react. So speed won't matter to them.

Do you not understand what being overwhelmed is ? If Smith throws a hunded punches and Anakin knows where they are coming but isn't fast enough to physically keep up he's overwhelmed. How is this difficult to understand ?

Dude calm down. I wasn't directing anything towards you. But sure if Smith direct even a couple punches Anakin's way he will be overwhelmed.

dadudemon
This thread really heated up. Pun mo fuggin' intended.

I can't believe it went this far.

Rogue Jedi
This thread really heated up. Pun mo fuggin' intended.

I can't believe it went this far. Calm down.

quanchi112
See, there you go again. What makes you think Anakin will allow Smith to GET up close and personal?

K, you see how easily Dooku force lifted Obi Wan?

Mhm.

Mhm, a being that has one way of killing Anakin. Getting close to him and going cqc. When Smith tries this, Anakin senses it, then decaps him. The fact that Anakin will have to get close enough to cut him with his saber.

Yes, because Obi isn't strong at all. Comparing Obi to Smith in terms of speed/power is hilarious.

Now my actual question had to do with something enormous and that weighed probably thousands of tons, maybe more. That's far harder than someone who weighs 180 pounds.

anakin is too slow to ever decap him. That's the point he can swing away and Smith will dodge away and then beat him with a blow or two.

quanchi112
That's how it works. I don't like using Flash as he can move or can punch numerous times but a beam of light, for example, would be dodgeable by a Jedi.

IF he runs straight at him they will be able to dodge. Vader would know were he is going to be well before he moves there. They see the future they don't react. So speed won't matter to them.

Dude calm down. I wasn't directing anything towards you. But sure if Smith direct even a couple punches Anakin's way he will be overwhelmed. Then you agree.

Rogue Jedi
The fact that Anakin will have to get close enough to cut him with his saber. Or just force hold him in place, walk over and cut off his face.

Again, nothing in the SW movies implied that the force can be resisted by brute strength. You keep assuming it can, when it can't.

"Size matters not."

Nope, he isn't. Anakin is not as fast as Smith, but he has precog, which will warn him a split second beforehand where Smith will be.

Precog, decap.

Nephthys
It's what happens when you have the ability to manipulate the matrix "as you see fit", isn't it? smile

Not really. Neo can still smash Smiths glasses. Their clothes can still get dirty. Hell, Neo even got cut at one point, remember?

Rogue Jedi
That's how it works. I don't like using Flash as he can move or can punch numerous times but a beam of light, for example, would be dodgeable by a Jedi. Lulz, the Flash.

thumb up

laughing

Nephthys
facepalmx

quanchi112
Or just force hold him in place, walk over and cut off his face.

Again, nothing in the SW movies implied that the force can be resisted by brute strength. You keep assuming it can, when it can't.

"Size matters not."

Nope, he isn't. Anakin is not as fast as Smith, but he has precog, which will warn him a split second beforehand where Smith will be.

Precog, decap. If it were that easy why hasn't Dooku dispatched of Obi or Anakin when he had the chance. You act as if a force push is unbeatable when it's just a useful tool to catch someone off balance in the movies. Vader isn't ripping throats out of skilled opponents in seconds. I don't see him able to hold Smith in place due to his power.

The more resistance is faces the harder you have to concentrate. This is common sense.

Since size doesn't matter I guess vader can force hold the entire death star if he needed to ? Wow.

Smith's too fast for Anakin to be where he needs to be when he needs to be. If I fight a martial artist who's far quicker it won't matter if I know where he will be I won't be quick enough to get there and will lose anyway.

Show me Vader doing this to any skilled opponent. Back up your claim.

ares834
facepalmx

Expain how it wouldn't work. Anakin will know where the beam of light will be before hand. In fact, he should know where it will be the same amount of time before hand as he would with a blaster bolt. Thus he will have as much time to act to the beam of light as he would to a blaster bolt.

Robtard

Flash is able to move at light speeds in some writings and greater than light in at others certain times. But Flash on the average isn't light-speed, he's just super-duper-uber-pooper fast.

So no, a Jedi/Sith would not have the ability to dodge light, they're not that fast/agile. Knowing an attack is coming and having the ability to react fast enough are two different things.

Nephthys
The 3 swordsmen with Mace knew what Palpatine was going to do. He leapt right at them after slowly drawing his saber and threatening them. But they could do all to jack and shit to stop him because he was moving so fast (EU only). Yoda didn't react in time to stop Sidious' FLightning even though, again, Sidious clearly telegrathed the attack beforehand. Jedi are not gods. Just because they see an attack coming it doesn't mean they can stop it.

ares834
So no, a Jedi/Sith would not have the ability to dodge light, they're not that fast/agile. Knowing an attack is coming and having the ability to react fast enough are two different things.

Jedi don't react what they do is see the future which warns them of what is coming in a set amount of time. As such, they should have the same amount of time to act to a beam of light as they would to a bullet or blaster bolt.

Robtard
Jedi don't react what they do is see the future which warns them of what is coming in a set amount of time. As such, they should have the same amount of time to act to a beam of light as they would to a bullet or blaster bolt.

I don't think you realize how fast a beam of light travels, it's literally the speed of light. So no, they're not that fast.

ares834
The 3 swordsmen with Mace knew what Palpatine was going to do. He leapt right at them after slowly drawing his saber and threatening them. But they could do all to jack and shit to stop him because he was moving so fast (EU only). Yoda didn't react in time to stop Sidious' FLightning even though, again, Sidious clearly telegrathed the attack beforehand. Jedi are not gods.

That's clearly a case of stupidity. Sidious, no matter how fast he is moving, is not traveling at blaster bolt speeds yet the Jedi can block bolts. Therefore it wasn't due to his speed. So why weren't they able to act to him... Well, to be honest, I really don't know (if we exclude the EU of course).

Sure. As I said they can be overwhelmed due to non-linear attacks and numbers.

Once again, irrelivent. Vader will know where the beam of light will be the same amount of time before hand that a blaster bolt will be. Meaning even though it's traveling at insane speed he will have the same amount of time to act.

dadudemon
Not really. Neo can still smash Smiths glasses. Their clothes can still get dirty. Hell, Neo even got cut at one point, remember?

Neo punched Smith so hard and fast in the face that gravity's effects seemed 'stopped'. Yet, he got up a few moments later and was like, "can't touch this." Smith also made it rain and got dirty by choice. (He had a giant boner for Neo, obviously.)

A regular meat bag would have literally splattered into gooey bits when they smacked; the dirt, mud, re-bar, asphalt, and cement; at such a high speed.

Robtard

Once again, irrelivent. Vader will know where the beam of light will be the same amount of time before hand that a blaster bolt will be. Meaning even though it's traveling at insane speed he will have the same amount of time to act.

No, as per Qui-Gon Jin ep1 "allows you to see events right before they happen", or something to that nature. So a Jedi/Sith would sense the beam of light was coming and it'd be there before they could physically react.

Blaster fire is slower than bullets. Light travels at 670,616,629 mph.

marwash22
Smith rapes.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Smith rapes.
In the butt?

ares834
No, as per Qui-Gon Jin ep1 "allows you to see events right before they happen", or something to that nature. So a Jedi/Sith would sense the beam of light was coming and it'd be there before they could physically react.

Blaster fire is slower than bullets. Light travels at 670,616,629 mph.

Qui-gon says, "He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait."

What this means is that Jedi will see where the beam of light will be before it is there and, logically, they will have this "vision" the same amount before hand as they would a blaster bolt.

Robtard
Qui-gon says, "He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait."

What this means is that Jedi will see where the beam of light will be before it is there and, logically, they will have this "vision" the same amount before hand as they would a blaster bolt.

AND THE LIGHT WOULD BE TRAVELING SO FAST EVEN JEDI SPEED WOULD BE OVERTAXED TO REACT IN TIME.

Which part of Light-Speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blaster-Fire aren't you following? <-- probably and understatement

ares834
What part of they have the same amount of time to act do to precog aren't you following?

Robtard
What part of they have the same amount of time to act do to precog aren't you following?

Seriously, dude? So if you have 1 second to react to something, you could dodge a baseball travelling at 85mph same as a bullet travelling at 900mph, cos you know, "you have the same amount of time"?

The speed of the object matters and factors in.

Nephthys
That's clearly a case of stupidity. Sidious, no matter how fast he is moving, is not traveling at blaster bolt speeds yet the Jedi can block bolts. Therefore it wasn't due to his speed. So why weren't they able to act to him... Well, to be honest, I really don't know (if we exclude the EU of course).

Sure. As I said they can be overwhelmed due to non-linear attacks and numbers.

You'll need a better excuse than that dude. erm

The problem with your example is that light travels so fast that fr Vader to have a chance of stopping it the light would need to be hundreds of thousands of miles away when he sense it. Jedi have trouble sensing things in the same city as them, let alone that distance. Furthermore, combatants do not start at that distance from each other. It doen't matter if Vader senses the attack 5 seconds before it comes, because The Flash can close the gap and beat the ever loving shit out of Vader in a nanosecond. Vader would be a statue to him, and utterly defenceless to his onslaught.

ares834
Seriously, dude? So if you have 1 second to react to something, you could dodge a baseball travelling at 85mph same as a bullet travelling at 900mph, cos you know, "you have the same amount of time"?
Yes...

Robtard
Yes...

LoL. But no. The point is that the bullet will be there before you react. While the much slower baseball could be dodged given its rate of travel.

Nephthys
Neo punched Smith so hard and fast in the face that gravity's effects seemed 'stopped'. Yet, he got up a few moments later and was like, "can't touch this." Smith also made it rain and got dirty by choice. (He had a giant boner for Neo, obviously.)

A regular meat bag would have literally splattered into gooey bits when they smacked; the dirt, mud, re-bar, asphalt, and cement; at such a high speed.

And yet Neo was cut by a sword. That scene exists to show us that, yes, Neo is still human and his control over the Matrix is not absolute. If his body can be cut, his clothes can be burnt at temperatures the likes of which you're talking about. Nottomention that if a sword can cut him, a lightaber can. yes

Why would he stop bullets if they'd just bounce off of him?

ares834
You'll need a better excuse than that dude. erm

Except it's true. Sidious is not traveling at blaster bolt speeds.

Certianly possible.

As I said earlier Flash can **** up Vader because he can change his trajectory and doesn't have to move in a linear fashion.

ares834
LoL. But no. The point is that the bullet will be there before you react. While the much slower baseball could be dodged given its rate of travel.

The thing is the time it takes for the ball to reach you will be factored into the one second ahead of time. Precog doesn't warn them about when the guy is going to pull the trigger but when adn where the blast will be a set amount of time before hand.

Nephthys
And yet they were still blitzed.

I.E. Your logic is flawed and you should drop the point.

So why bring it up in this thread? Smith is not a blaster bolt. Nor is any other combatant with super speed.

ares834
And yet they were still blitzed.

For some reason unknown to us. But if you want an answer so bad go with "shroud of the darkside".

No it still stands. If someguy shoots at a Jedi with a laser they should be able to dodge it.

Because Smith isn't Flash.

Robtard
The thing is the time it takes for the ball to reach you will be factored into the one second ahead of time. Precog doesn't warn them about when the guy is going to pull the trigger but when adn where the blast will be a set amount of time before hand.

And unless they're light starts out on the moon, they're not fast enough to react, They'll sense the 'attack' and it will be there before they can think to react.

ares834
And unless they're light starts out on the moon, they're not fast enough to react, They'll sense the 'attack' and it will be there before they can think to react.

Yes. Or if the beam of light hasn't been shot yet.

Nephthys
No, they'd dodge the guys aim, not the laser.

Robtard
Yes. Or if the beam of light hasn't been shot yet.

So you're arguing they'll know before the light beam is set off and they'll move out of the way then? Before hand?

That's not how Jedi battle-precog works, as seen with then blocking blaster fire instead of just being out of the path. They react after it's fired.

ares834
Which, in all honesty, is an irrelvent distinction when it comes to precog. They know where the laser/bullet/bolt will be before it arrives, perhaps even before they guy aims there, and move out of the way.

Nephthys
Not all the time. Jedi fail to react alot in the movies.

ares834
So you're arguing they'll know before the light beam is set off and they'll move out of the way then? Before hand?

That's not how Jedi battle-precog works, as seen with then blocking blaster fire instead of just being out of the path. They react after it's fired.

Nope. Notice how Kenobi's lightsaber is already in position to deflect the bolt. As for blocking rather than dodging... It's easier.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8743/jangoblastbx3.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3929/jangoboltmi1.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8751/jangobolt2nw6.jpg

dadudemon
And yet Neo was cut by a sword.Why would he stop bullets if they'd just bounce off of him?

A sword he stopped with his bare hand against a "superhuman program" swinging it at him.

And this occurred before Neo had unlocked his entire "true potential" as the one.

That scene exists to show us that, yes, Neo is still human and his control over the Matrix is not absolute. If his body can be cut, his clothes can be burnt at temperatures the likes of which you're talking about. Nottomention that if a sword can cut him, a lightaber can. yes

I feel that that is a stretch.

What's more likely: the Wachowski brothers simply did not think about the heat caused by such a violent shockwave.

OR

Both characters had such control over the matrix, at that point, that showing clothes ignite from ultra-powerful shockwaves would be irrelevant and/or inappropriate.

Definitely 1. smile

Edit - Also, the Neo that tanked getting slammed into the street at what appeared to be supersonic speeds was much more durable than the Neo that fought against those special defense programs from The Frenchman.

Why would he stop bullets if they'd just bounce off of him?

I honestly think...using "sheer forces", Neo could definitely tank bullets. If a blade swung by a superhuman just barely cuts his hand, a bullet will not produce enough pascals (PSI) to break his flesh (the curved blade, if I remember correctly, has more PSI than a bullet. We had to do this problem in one my physics classes. The blade had significantly more "PSI" than a bullet. I could be wrong...but I remember something about the blade being far superior to the bullet. It may have just been in momentum...but I could have sworn the initial impact had far more pascals than the bullet in our word problem.)

Regardless, Neo can just revive himself, right? big grin

marwash22
In the butt? yes. with force.

quanchi112
For some reason unknown to us. But if you want an answer so bad go with "shroud of the darkside".

No it still stands. If someguy shoots at a Jedi with a laser they should be able to dodge it.

Because Smith isn't Flash. Smith doesn't have to be the Flash to beat vader. Smith is too fast and too powerful for Vader to be able to do anything. End of story unless you can cite examples of feats in the same ballpark as the matrix reaction feats.

Robtard
Nope. Notice how Kenobi's lightsaber is already in position to deflect the bolt. As for blocking rather than dodging... It's easier.

He's charging with his saber drawn, cos he's in battle.

ares834
He's charging with his saber drawn, cos he's in battle.

Nah we see him swing the saber up to deflect the attack...

NiArWz5rhlk#t=0m17s

Robtard
Nah we see him swing the saber up to deflect the attack...

NiArWz5rhlk#t=0m17s

No. He runs through the door, pulls out his sabre and raises/ignites it cos he knows he's about to fight, that's just common sense, drawing your weapon in a fight.

Him being able to block the fire was, as Precog made him aware a split second where the attack was coming from, not 3-4 seconds ahead of time as you imply.

Now, if that had been a beam of light travelling at light speed, he'd be too slow to react.

NowYouRemember
AND THE LIGHT WOULD BE TRAVELING SO FAST EVEN JEDI SPEED WOULD BE OVERTAXED TO REACT IN TIME.

Which part of Light-Speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blaster-Fire aren't you following? <-- probably and understatement

Roughly put, if the Force tells you: "This beam of light is going to come directly in your path three seconds from now."

And then the Jedi uses his/her Force-enhanced Neuro-muscular reflex to shift aside in one second, then two seconds later, the beam passes by.

That's why for instance in The Sith Lords, the Jedi Exile can duck and move around blaster fire - the Force had already told her that it would be going there a handful to a few seconds in advance.

The question isn't whether the Jedi is quick enough to follow the Will of the Force and dodge the beam.

The question, is whether the Force (which does not always let Jedi in on these things) will even let the Jedi know about the beam in the first place.

ares834
No. He runs through the door, pulls out his sabre and raises/ignites it cos he knows he's about to fight, that's just common sense, drawing your weapon in a fight.

No. Watch closely. When the view changes from Jango shooting we see Kenobi with his blade down and then we see him lift it up quite fast which deflects the bolt Jango shoots in the pics I posted.

If it were a beam of light it should still gave him the same warning, or as you put it a split second. And no, I have never said 3-4 seconds nor have I implied it.

Rogue Jedi
OK, question for all. Which moves faster? Smith or a blaster bolt?

Like if Smith is standing next to a Clone Trooper, and twenty feet away is a target. At the same time the Clone fires his blaster at the target, Smith takes off running towards the target. Does Smith arrive at the target before the blaster bolt?

Rogue Jedi
Smith doesn't have to be the Flash to beat vader. Smith is too fast and too powerful for Vader to be able to do anything. End of story unless you can cite examples of feats in the same ballpark as the matrix reaction feats. This all depends. How far away are they from each other when the fight starts? 20 feet? 50 feet? Is Smith right in his face?

quanchi112
This all depends. How far away are they from each other when the fight starts? 20 feet? 50 feet? Is Smith right in his face? Whatever the standard starting distance is in this forum.

Rogue Jedi
Whatever the standard starting distance is in this forum. There is no standard, the OP must designate.

quanchi112
There is no standard, the OP must designate. I will go to the default comic book setting starting distance.

Concerning the Battlefield
Unless otherwise stated by the thread originator, the standard distance between combatants will be .5 kilometers in line of sight at the onset of battle, and there will be an implied "buzz" to signify the onset of battle. It will be assumed combatants are primed to go at the gun.

Rogue Jedi
I will go to the default comic book setting starting distance.

Concerning the Battlefield
Unless otherwise stated by the thread originator, the standard distance between combatants will be .5 kilometers in line of sight at the onset of battle, and there will be an implied "buzz" to signify the onset of battle. It will be assumed combatants are primed to go at the gun. That's 1640 feet and change. Now, back to this question:

Like if Smith is standing next to a Clone Trooper, and twenty feet away is a target. At the same time the Clone fires his blaster at the target, Smith takes off running towards the target. Does Smith arrive at the target before the blaster bolt?

quanchi112
That's 1640 feet and change. Now, back to this question:

Like if Smith is standing next to a Clone Trooper, and twenty feet away is a target. At the same time the Clone fires his blaster at the target, Smith takes off running towards the target. Does Smith arrive at the target before the blaster bolt? I have no idea who moves faster in a straight line. Here's my point which you keep missing. If someone fires a bolt it's coming at you in a straight path but if Smith starts throwing punches they are too fast to avoid or block with his saber. Smith is blitzing him in close combat and continuosly moves too fast for Anakin. Even agent smith could easily dodge bullets which is far faster than anything Anakin's ever done.

Rogue Jedi
I have no idea who moves faster in a straight line. Here's my point which you keep missing. If someone fires a bolt it's coming at you in a straight path but if Smith starts throwing punches they are too fast to avoid or block with his saber. Smith is blitzing him in close combat and continuosly moves too fast for Anakin. Even agent smith could easily dodge bullets which is far faster than anything Anakin's ever done.

Pretty sure the bolt moves way faster.

No, I get your point. If Smith is like one foot away from Anakin and starts punching, Anakin is done. But if Smith is 10, 15, 20 feet away, he has to close the distance between he and Anakin to get close enough to rape. The moment he tries this, Anakin, via precog, knows exactly where to position his saber to block.

Hell, from 1640 feet away, Anakin has enough time to decide what to have for dinner, how hard he is gonna band Padme that night, even time to whine about his mom before Smith gets to him.

quanchi112

No, I get your point. If Smith is like one foot away from Anakin and starts punching, Anakin is done. But if Smith is 10, 15, 20 feet away, he has to close the distance between he and Anakin to get close enough to rape. The moment he tries this, Anakin, via precog, knows exactly where to position his saber to block.

Hell, from 1640 feet away, Anakin has enough time to decide what to have for dinner, how hard he is gonna band Padme that night, even time to whine about his mom before Smith gets to him. I never once suggested Smith would fly in and destroy him like a blur in a superman type fashion.

There's still nothing I believe he can do to Smith as he needs to be close enough to strike as well. If Anakin thinks about anything else I could see Smith ending him very quickly but then again even if he doesn't I see him winning with a blow or two.

Rogue Jedi
I never once suggested Smith would fly in and destroy him like a blur in a superman type fashion.

There's still nothing I believe he can do to Smith as he needs to be close enough to strike as well. If Anakin thinks about anything else I could see Smith ending him very quickly but then again even if he doesn't I see him winning with a blow or two.

Ok.

Not true. If they are 1640 feet apart, as you suggest, Anakin simply force holds Smith, levitates him, then calmly walks over and guts him.

NowYouRemember

Hell, from 1640 feet away, Anakin has enough time to decide what to have for dinner, how hard he is gonna band Padme that night, even time to whine about his mom before Smith gets to him.

ROLF.

Rogue Jedi
Bang, not band.

NowYouRemember
Roughly put, if the Force tells you: "This beam of light is going to come directly in your path three seconds from now."

And then the Jedi uses his/her Force-enhanced Neuro-muscular reflex to shift aside in one second, then two seconds later, the beam passes by.

That's why for instance in The Sith Lords, the Jedi Exile can duck and move around blaster fire - the Force had already told her that it would be going there a handful to a few seconds in advance.

The question isn't whether the Jedi is quick enough to follow the Will of the Force and dodge the beam.

The question, is whether the Force (which does not always let Jedi in on these things) will even let the Jedi know about the beam in the first place.

I'd give Anakin a 50/50 shot with good Precog.

Rogue Jedi
100% if Smith is more than ten feet away.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>