So the Celestials are now indisputably above Galactus, yeah?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wodenson
Based on MIGHTY THOR #4-5 and THOR #300.

guy222
i've had many nice debates with the two most fave galactus supporters and for me its really who u favor

the celestials were created to replace galactus and the watchers in power

tiamut who is the greatest celestial imo is above big g in power

lets wait and see what happens in the next few issues, if odin enters the destroyer with the all powerful worldheart...big g gonna b in trouble

srankmissingnin
This forum is reading an awful lot into a staring match between Odin and Galactus...

TheLordofMurder
Hail to the inconsistency in comics!

One minute, during TI, Galactus is a badmutha who was able to hang against the Galactus Engine longer than any of the Celestials...

The next, flippin Odin is making him sweat...

Marvel is utterly ridiculous; of course I'll still read and buy Marvel comics regardless, so that makes me more ridiculous still...

Its like hearing someone suggest something that you know is BS and going along with it anyway...

We are all insane on that account...

guy222
those idiots at marvel simply don't like the powerful characters

for instance, u have richards running off alternate celestials with a ray gun

wth

richards did nothing in continuity when tiamut put his ass and the earth to sleep

the writers tend to job out galactus alot...its a shame

its been said odin rivaled galactus in power...never had a problem with that

Nihilist
Galactus seemed above Celestials during Thanos:Imperative, the Celestials came across as chumps.

leonidas
i've always viewed the celestials as above galactus....

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wodenson
Based on MIGHTY THOR #4-5 and THOR #300. what happened in mighty Thor #5 & Thor #300?

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas

thumb up

vince_slice
Since when did stalemating someone in a telepathic battle mean you're equal in overall power?

AlmightyKfish
It's still pretty much going to be who you like more.

I mean, Galactus fluctuates enough so that it's always whatever the writer wants really (see TI, where Galactus was the last one standing out of dozens of Celestials, himself, Aegis and Tenebrous vs The Galactus Engine)...

Lord Feron
I think the average celestial is aroun dBig G. But like the Uber ones, are prob are above him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by guy222
its been said odin rivaled galactus in power...never had a problem with that

thumb up

Based on feats he certainly does.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Based on feats he certainly does.

This is wrong.

Going by Odin's feats, he's comfortably in the Abstract Tier. His fight with Seth alone places him there nicely. During the Cosmos in Collision story arc in Quasar, Maelstrom as an Avatar of Oblivion and Quasar as an Avatar of Infinity threw down. Quasar mention that if they were in the physical universe, it would be as if they were hurling entire galaxies at one another. Aside from Oblivion's realm, no other universe was affected, the multiverse didn't shake and tremble, nothing.

Well during the Odin/Seth fight, an amnesiac Odin fought Seth and the entire multiverse felt it. Ancient galaxies were destroyed, long dead stars throughout the universe were reignited, multiple characters with heightened awareness stated that the entire universe would be destroyed by their struggle. All this was just a side-effect of their tussle.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin is now in the Abstract tier.... Jesus H. Christ... what is this world coming to... You people are somethign else sometimes. Stalemating someone in a TP BATTLE ONLY doesn't mean you're equal to them in power. What is so hard to compute about that simple fact?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
This is wrong.

Going by Odin's best feat, he's comfortably in the Abstract Tier. His highest feat by far places him there nicely. Fixed

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin is now in the Abstract tier.... Jesus H. Christ... what is this world coming to... You people are somethign else sometimes. Stalemating someone in a TP BATTLE ONLY doesn't mean you're equal to them in power. What is so hard to compute about that simple fact?

Several posters have had their Odin boners tucked into their belts for a long time, ashamed and hiding from the world, they had long waited for the moment they could one day remove their belt and let their erect penises stand proud and free on the internet. This is that moment.

MF DELPH
^That post had me laugh out loud here at work. Dammit Srank.

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Several posters have had their Odin boners tucked into their belts for a long time, ashamed and hiding from the world, they had long waited for the moment they could one day remove their belt and let their erect penises stand proud and free on the internet. This is that moment. laughing out loud

SuperiorTech

Sr J-Bieb
Anyway, it goes Galactus>Celestials>Odin=Galactus

Going by ABC logic

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by MF DELPH
^That post had me laugh out loud here at work. Dammit Srank.

hehe

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Anyway, it goes Galactus>Celestials>Odin=Galactus

Going by ABC logic Actually it forms a circle, the circle is finished. Your brains are ****ed.

Mindset
|~_~|

Lord_Talron
poor galactus...

zopzop

Galactus is sweatin' Tang and Odin hasn't even whipped out the big guns yet, like his Scepter or the Destroyer Armor. In a straight up fight, he's stalemating Galactus.

And this fight had nothing to do with me considering him "Abstract Tier". Show me what "Abstracts" like Love/Hate, the Celestials, Eon/Epoch, Kronos, etc.. have done that makes you believe Odin can't hang with them.

On panel proof only, no hyperbole or other such BS allowed. I'll give you several weeks.

BullwinkleMoose
Galactus having the UN as part of him makes him above almost any Celestial. Not sure if any of the Celestialss could avoid being Nullified

Wodenson
Oh here comes the Ultimate Nullifier argument...

guy222
and its a silly one

galactus doesn't go around whipping out the un and nullifying ppl

Wodenson
Also, 'Abstract Level' is a nonsensical classification.

King Kandy
The funniest part, is that Thanos shares this current "feat".

Bentley

This is something that can be disputed, mostly considering showings such as the Thanos Imperative and Reed's own point of view. Again, most comics tiers are far from set in stone, specially in the high hierarchies.

guy222
but good friend how do u explain the fear galactus knew when tiamut woke

it makes sense because galactus had thought he 'consumed' the greatest celestial

reed's views are of the alternate celestials i believe. he did nothing in continuity when tiamut put the entire earth to sleep

Bentley
No, most certainly he didn't. I can defend and argument and pretend that Celestials are clearly under Galactus but that's not clear cut at all. We know that some Celestials are more powerful than others, we know there are alternate Celestials but we don't know if Reed is aware of their lesser power.

All in all, comparing an entire race to a single character is tricky. Specially Galactus. Sometimes the guy is affected by Hiro-Kala or Gravity, some times he's the most relevant abstract in the book. I would understand if Galactus was afraid of Tiamut since the Black Celestial saga happened. Galactus wants balance, and some unaligned celestial like Tiamut is a very big threat to balance.

Reed with no prep loses to Tiamut. But HE with prep affects both Galactus and Tiamut.

guy222
very twicky comparing these two

as i have always said its personal opinion

for me celestials>galactus

and very good points u made

Bentley
Originally posted by guy222
for me celestials>galactus

I figured as much big grin

Let's just hope they don't fight Frac- err... Odin next.

guy222
always wanted to see odin and thor battle the celestials again

Badabing
Originally posted by Wodenson
Based on MIGHTY THOR #4-5 and THOR #300. This forum is for vs threads. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.