KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » So the Celestials are now indisputably above Galactus, yeah?

So the Celestials are now indisputably above Galactus, yeah?
Started by: Wodenson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wodenson

So the Celestials are now indisputably above Galactus, yeah?

Based on MIGHTY THOR #4-5 and THOR #300.

Last edited by Wodenson on Aug 1st, 2011 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:13 PM
Wodenson is currently offline Click here to Send Wodenson a Private Message Find more posts by Wodenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

i've had many nice debates with the two most fave galactus supporters and for me its really who u favor

the celestials were created to replace galactus and the watchers in power

tiamut who is the greatest celestial imo is above big g in power

lets wait and see what happens in the next few issues, if odin enters the destroyer with the all powerful worldheart...big g gonna b in trouble

thank u bz

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:31 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

This forum is reading an awful lot into a staring match between Odin and Galactus...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:33 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Hail to the inconsistency in comics!

One minute, during TI, Galactus is a badmutha who was able to hang against the Galactus Engine longer than any of the Celestials...

The next, flippin Odin is making him sweat...

Marvel is utterly ridiculous; of course I'll still read and buy Marvel comics regardless, so that makes me more ridiculous still...

Its like hearing someone suggest something that you know is BS and going along with it anyway...

We are all insane on that account...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:34 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

those idiots at marvel simply don't like the powerful characters

for instance, u have richards running off alternate celestials with a ray gun

wth

richards did nothing in continuity when tiamut put his ass and the earth to sleep

the writers tend to job out galactus alot...its a shame

its been said odin rivaled galactus in power...never had a problem with that

thank u bz

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:38 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Galactus seemed above Celestials during Thanos:Imperative, the Celestials came across as chumps.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:02 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i've always viewed the celestials as above galactus....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: So the Celestials are now indisputably above Galactus, yeah?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wodenson
Based on MIGHTY THOR #4-5 and THOR #300.
what happened in mighty Thor #5 & Thor #300?

I have returned

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:10 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by leonidas

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:15 PM
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Since when did stalemating someone in a telepathic battle mean you're equal in overall power?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:18 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

It's still pretty much going to be who you like more.

I mean, Galactus fluctuates enough so that it's always whatever the writer wants really (see TI, where Galactus was the last one standing out of dozens of Celestials, himself, Aegis and Tenebrous vs The Galactus Engine)...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:19 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

I think the average celestial is aroun dBig G. But like the Uber ones, are prob are above him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:24 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by guy222
its been said odin rivaled galactus in power...never had a problem with that

thumb up

Based on feats he certainly does.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:33 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Based on feats he certainly does.

This is wrong.

Going by Odin's feats, he's comfortably in the Abstract Tier. His fight with Seth alone places him there nicely. During the Cosmos in Collision story arc in Quasar, Maelstrom as an Avatar of Oblivion and Quasar as an Avatar of Infinity threw down. Quasar mention that if they were in the physical universe, it would be as if they were hurling entire galaxies at one another. Aside from Oblivion's realm, no other universe was affected, the multiverse didn't shake and tremble, nothing.

Well during the Odin/Seth fight, an amnesiac Odin fought Seth and the entire multiverse felt it. Ancient galaxies were destroyed, long dead stars throughout the universe were reignited, multiple characters with heightened awareness stated that the entire universe would be destroyed by their struggle. All this was just a side-effect of their tussle.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:57 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Odin is now in the Abstract tier.... Jesus H. Christ... what is this world coming to... You people are somethign else sometimes. Stalemating someone in a TP BATTLE ONLY doesn't mean you're equal to them in power. What is so hard to compute about that simple fact?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:34 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by zopzop
This is wrong.

Going by Odin's best feat, he's comfortably in the Abstract Tier. His highest feat by far places him there nicely.
Fixed

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:38 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin is now in the Abstract tier.... Jesus H. Christ... what is this world coming to... You people are somethign else sometimes. Stalemating someone in a TP BATTLE ONLY doesn't mean you're equal to them in power. What is so hard to compute about that simple fact?

Several posters have had their Odin boners tucked into their belts for a long time, ashamed and hiding from the world, they had long waited for the moment they could one day remove their belt and let their erect penises stand proud and free on the internet. This is that moment.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:42 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

^That post had me laugh out loud here at work. Dammit Srank.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:46 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Several posters have had their Odin boners tucked into their belts for a long time, ashamed and hiding from the world, they had long waited for the moment they could one day remove their belt and let their erect penises stand proud and free on the internet. This is that moment.
laughing out loud

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Originally posted by leonidas

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:49 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote