If Marvel depicted 'Heaven...'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jynocidus
Where do you think the realm/dimension would be classified?

I'm thinking...somewhere around the line of the crimson cosmos, or something similar to Shuma Goraths dimension. That way, it could still be invoked by like...GR?

Or maybe Marvels outer realms portray it already?

I'm just wondering. To my knowledge, I haven't seen Marvel play TOO MUCH into this concept. I just wanted to see what others may have to say about it.

JakeTheBank
The F4 have been to "heaven" before.

Jynocidus
Do you mean when they went outside of the MU and talked to God The Artist, or do you mean...a Heaven 'inside of Marvels Continuity?'

I'm asking because, if there is a Heaven inside of continuity then that means it could be a realm which was ultimately created....but it wouldn't be perceived in the same manner as religious people seeing the holy kingdom. Heaven could be the opposite of a demons realm, and people don't mind invoking its name because the entity isn't terrible like Shuma for example.

srankmissingnin
Just like Hell, there a several "heaven" dimensions like Valhalla and the Elysium Fields, and unnamed general "heavens" that show up from time to time.

Jynocidus
I'm saying though, where would the Judeo Christian God be classified? Like...could LT declare these 'Heaven' realms unnecessary with one of his faces and intervene if necessary, same as he did with like Zom?

jalek moye
Ghost Rider has talked to that god and stuff and a comic dealt with an attack on Heaven irrc. Although I heard all that is getting retconed

Jynocidus
I'm asking because I've seen scans of characters saying there is only one creator, and his only power is love. So I'm wondering if the J-C God is less than LT, but not as dangerous to call upon as say Shuma Gorath. Or is he even like Cyttorak, maybe? The Octessence reminds me of the 7 arch angels and lucifer in concept (somewhat, not entirely), where Cytorrak is like Lucifer having the most power? Something along those lines...

Bentley
Marvel's substitute of Jesus is Galactus biscuits

Galan007
Originally posted by Jynocidus
I'm saying though, where would the Judeo Christian God be classified? You mean the guy from the storybook? He'd have a long wispy beard, lots of muscles, and there would be clouds... A BUNCH of clouds.

IMO.

Jynocidus
Okay...I'm going to ask this straight up. Is it okay to think that in Marvel, the Judeo Christian God is around Shumra Gorath or Cytorraks level of being invoked or otherwise?

srankmissingnin
He is either a random Odin level Skyfather, or he is the One-Above-All.

vansonbee
Okay...I'm going to ask this straight up. Is it okay to think that in Marvel, the Judeo Christian God is around Shumra Gorath or Cytorraks level of being invoked or otherwise? No, because Christian God = Satan/Mephisto in status, because Shumra/Cytorrak are above them (status).
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He is either a random Odin level Skyfather, or he is the One-Above-All. Why did you come up w/ the conclusion of "One-Above"All"? It could be Buddha, you know wink

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by vansonbee
No, because Christian God = Satan/Mephisto in status, because Shumra/Cytorrak are above them (status).
Why did you come up w/ the conclusion of "One-Above"All"? It could be Buddha, you know wink

We've seen Buddha chilling with the council of Godheads before. We haven't seen Christian God hanging with those boys. cool

vansonbee
We've seen Buddha chilling with the council of Godheads before. We haven't seen Christian God hanging with those boys. cool He ain't cool enough and... happy

Are you sure its Buddha or one of them Hindi gods, who resemble Buddha?

Digi
Okay...I'm going to ask this straight up. Is it okay to think that in Marvel, the Judeo Christian God is around Shumra Gorath or Cytorraks level of being invoked or otherwise?

It's not ok to assume anything. We don't have a real depiction of it in Marvel.

srankmissingnin
He ain't cool enough and... happy

Are you sure its Buddha or one of them Hindi gods, who resemble Buddha?

Yeah but none of the Hindu goods look like Buddha in Marvel, and the Hindu godhead Brahma was there as well, so it would have to be Buddha.

vansonbee
Yeah but none of the Hindu goods look like Buddha in Marvel, and the Hindu godhead Brahma was there as well, so it would have to be Buddha. Can you direct me which comic you view this from?

srankmissingnin
Can you direct me which comic you view this from?

Thor 300

vansonbee
Thor 300 http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godhed4.jpg
I see the fatty.

srankmissingnin
There are some other Skyfather meetings he might be in, but that is the only one I can remember off the top of my head because it happens in issue 300.

Jynocidus
He is either a random Odin level Skyfather, or he is the One-Above-All.

You know...I sort of disagree, but I'm not trying to debate. I disagree because going by my perspective of religion, people consider J-C God above sky fathers due to him...creating everything, even Odin and Zeus, because he's The Creator.

I disagree that J-C God is The One Above All, because in Marvel...that has to be God The Artist and God the Creator.

So, if God the Creator and Artist....structured MU, then that means that J-C God has to be somewhere around Shuma or Cytorrak.

Bentley
That argument is entirely random, the Christian creation didn't took place in Marvel, Galactus was there to confirm.

jalek moye
I'm pretty sure hes just another skyfather level char. Atleast was according to Ghost Rider comics. (well nothing seemed to imply that he was much more than that imo)

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
That argument is entirely random

jalek moye
how so? He said something about what level he would be at so i put my two cents in

srankmissingnin
You know...I sort of disagree, but I'm not trying to debate. I disagree because going by my perspective of religion, people consider J-C God above sky fathers due to him...creating everything, even Odin and Zeus, because he's The Creator.

I disagree that J-C God is The One Above All, because in Marvel...that has to be God The Artist and God the Creator.

So, if God the Creator and Artist....structured MU, then that means that J-C God has to be somewhere around Shuma or Cytorrak.

Most of the Skyfathers (Odin, Zeus, Manituo) have creation myth as part of their origins, it's not exclusive to god. In fact I'm pretty sure before Marvel started acknowledging the existence of the other pantheons, Odin was said on panel to have created the universe, but that shit got retcon'd fast.

I remember the Watcher said something like "There is only one all powerful being, and his only weapon is love," which sounds like New Testament God to me, but could be just a coincidence I guess. Still we haven't really seen him, or heard much about him, he is likely just another Skyfather level deity... with a lonely empty pantheon.

Juntai
Do you mean when they went outside of the MU and talked to God The Artist, or do you mean...a Heaven 'inside of Marvels Continuity?'
That was just their minds interpretation of Marvel's creator, and an obvious nod to Kirby and Lee, but it was certainly inside of continuity.

vansonbee
Judo Christian underworld compared to Norse underworld, same would apply for the Heavens?

http://i54.tinypic.com/zv7l2d.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
God in Marvel is whatever he wants to be.

In a Spider-Man issue he took on another form to interact with Spidey
F4 he was Jack Kirby
And I'm pretty sure there was at least another time where he was someone else

Plus the whole Ghost Rider thing

And I assume his heaven is whatever he wants it to be as well

WhiteWitchKing
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godhed4.jpg
I see the fatty.

that's the hotei/budai not Buddha.

In the Marvel universe, the Christian god would be just another skyfather like Odin and Zeus. His creation story would not be historically canon. The Christian god's concern over the poor and the sinful are beneath the concerns of TOAA and the Living Tribunal. The punishing the sinful and honoring the heroic and good are practices common to terrain gods. The Christian pantheon would consist of angels likely the equivalent of Asgardians. Higher angels would range from mid tier to herald level in power. Marvel already has a Satan who's around Mephisto's level. Creatures like Leviathan and Behemoth would likely be on the level of Jormungand and Mangog.

Mindship
^ Is that supposed to be the 'real' (not the robot) Tomazooma (FF#80) near the upper right corner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.