KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If Marvel depicted 'Heaven...'

If Marvel depicted 'Heaven...'
Started by: Jynocidus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

If Marvel depicted 'Heaven...'

Where do you think the realm/dimension would be classified?

I'm thinking...somewhere around the line of the crimson cosmos, or something similar to Shuma Goraths dimension. That way, it could still be invoked by like...GR?

Or maybe Marvels outer realms portray it already?

I'm just wondering. To my knowledge, I haven't seen Marvel play TOO MUCH into this concept. I just wanted to see what others may have to say about it.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:21 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The F4 have been to "heaven" before.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:26 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

Do you mean when they went outside of the MU and talked to God The Artist, or do you mean...a Heaven 'inside of Marvels Continuity?'

I'm asking because, if there is a Heaven inside of continuity then that means it could be a realm which was ultimately created....but it wouldn't be perceived in the same manner as religious people seeing the holy kingdom. Heaven could be the opposite of a demons realm, and people don't mind invoking its name because the entity isn't terrible like Shuma for example.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:31 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Just like Hell, there a several "heaven" dimensions like Valhalla and the Elysium Fields, and unnamed general "heavens" that show up from time to time.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:48 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

I'm saying though, where would the Judeo Christian God be classified? Like...could LT declare these 'Heaven' realms unnecessary with one of his faces and intervene if necessary, same as he did with like Zom?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:01 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Ghost Rider has talked to that god and stuff and a comic dealt with an attack on Heaven irrc. Although I heard all that is getting retconed

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:07 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

I'm asking because I've seen scans of characters saying there is only one creator, and his only power is love. So I'm wondering if the J-C God is less than LT, but not as dangerous to call upon as say Shuma Gorath. Or is he even like Cyttorak, maybe? The Octessence reminds me of the 7 arch angels and lucifer in concept (somewhat, not entirely), where Cytorrak is like Lucifer having the most power? Something along those lines...

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:11 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Marvel's substitute of Jesus is Galactus

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jynocidus
I'm saying though, where would the Judeo Christian God be classified?
You mean the guy from the storybook? He'd have a long wispy beard, lots of muscles, and there would be clouds... A BUNCH of clouds.

IMO.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

Okay...I'm going to ask this straight up. Is it okay to think that in Marvel, the Judeo Christian God is around Shumra Gorath or Cytorraks level of being invoked or otherwise?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 09:26 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He is either a random Odin level Skyfather, or he is the One-Above-All.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 09:40 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Okay...I'm going to ask this straight up. Is it okay to think that in Marvel, the Judeo Christian God is around Shumra Gorath or Cytorraks level of being invoked or otherwise?
No, because Christian God = Satan/Mephisto in status, because Shumra/Cytorrak are above them (status).
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He is either a random Odin level Skyfather, or he is the One-Above-All.
Why did you come up w/ the conclusion of "One-Above"All"? It could be Buddha, you know wink

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 09:41 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by vansonbee
No, because Christian God = Satan/Mephisto in status, because Shumra/Cytorrak are above them (status).
Why did you come up w/ the conclusion of "One-Above"All"? It could be Buddha, you know wink

We've seen Buddha chilling with the council of Godheads before. We haven't seen Christian God hanging with those boys. cool

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:20 PM
vansonbee
Isee

We've seen Buddha chilling with the council of Godheads before. We haven't seen Christian God hanging with those boys. cool
He ain't cool enough and... happy

Are you sure its Buddha or one of them Hindi gods, who resemble Buddha?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:54 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It's not ok to assume anything. We don't have a real depiction of it in Marvel.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 11:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He ain't cool enough and... happy

Are you sure its Buddha or one of them Hindi gods, who resemble Buddha?

Yeah but none of the Hindu goods look like Buddha in Marvel, and the Hindu godhead Brahma was there as well, so it would have to be Buddha.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 11:13 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Yeah but none of the Hindu goods look like Buddha in Marvel, and the Hindu godhead Brahma was there as well, so it would have to be Buddha.
Can you direct me which comic you view this from?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 11:32 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Can you direct me which comic you view this from?

Thor 300

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 11:38 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Thor 300
(please log in to view the image)
I see the fatty.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 12:07 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

There are some other Skyfather meetings he might be in, but that is the only one I can remember off the top of my head because it happens in issue 300.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 12:42 AM