Favorite comic series (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
Is there any series you can think of that was awesome when it was first released (one of your favs), but fizzled out as the series went on, and became one of your least favorite reads?

Galan007
One series that comes to mind for me is The Ultimates. The first volume was superb- one of my all time favorites to this day. But after v1 the series began crumbling as a whole, and eventually (by the end of the 2nd volume) fell deep into the category of "steaming pile of crap." Imo.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
One series that comes to mind for me is The Ultimates. The first volume was superb- one of my all time favorites to this day. But after v1 the series began crumbling as a whole, and eventually (by the end of the 2nd volume) fell deep into the category of "steaming pile of crap." Imo.

Well, both opinions are almost objective truths of the comicdom.

OneDumbG0
^ I do believe I have to punch you both through the internet for thinking Ultimates vol.2 stunk.

Save me the time and effort and punch your own faces. Now. crackers

Green Lantern Corps was awesome when it started and for a long time even through the crappy Blackest Night and didn't so much fizzle as took a huge precipitious dive when Tomasi and Gleason moved on. I pretty much hate it now. Secret Avengers also comes to mind.

OneDumbG0
Oh yeah... I sometimes forget that I was really intrigued by 52 and Brightest Day when they first came out. But they both got boring and incomprehensibly retarded pretty quickly.

HueyFreeman
Captain America. Brubakers run started off strong but everytime the series got sucked into the larger MU, it got worse as a whole. The return of Steve Rogers was also handled very poorly and with mediocre art to boot.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I do believe I have to punch you both through the internet for thinking Ultimates vol.2 stunk. The first volume (issues 1-13) was extremely well done, imo. Between the artwork, character development, and plot, it was a near-perfect series... Then volume 2 came around. Now don't get me wrong, I thought the first few issues were decent, but it just let me down as a whole (the 'Thor dynamic' is where it really lost me.) I dunno, maybe my expectations were simply too high because I expected it to live up to its predecessor..?

Either way, I'm sure we're both in agreement that volume 3 was absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. sick

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Galan007
The first volume (issues 1-13) was extremely well done, imo. Between the artwork, character development, and plot, it was a near-perfect series... Then volume 2 came around. Now don't get me wrong, I thought the first few issues were decent, but it just let me down as a whole (the 'Thor dynamic' is where it really lost me.) I dunno, maybe my expectations were simply too high because I expected it to live up to its predecessor..?

Either way, I'm sure we're both in agreement that volume 3 was absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. sick The delays probably didn't help any.

Bouboumaster
Chaos mother****ing War

JakeTheBank
Justice Society of America.

Digi
{edit}

Batman-Prime
Not one of my fav but I was rather curious and optimistic about Trinity. I liked the first comics but then...

-Pr-
Brubaker's X-Men (as short was it was), was shaky.
Astonishing X-Men once Ellis came in.
Geoff John's overall contribution to the Flash universe (it counts).
Superman/Batman.
Superboy's solo series/Adventure Comics.
Reign of the Doomsdays.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.