KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Favorite comic series (with a twist)

Favorite comic series (with a twist)
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

Favorite comic series (with a twist)

Is there any series you can think of that was awesome when it was first released (one of your favs), but fizzled out as the series went on, and became one of your least favorite reads?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:50 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

One series that comes to mind for me is The Ultimates. The first volume was superb- one of my all time favorites to this day. But after v1 the series began crumbling as a whole, and eventually (by the end of the 2nd volume) fell deep into the category of "steaming pile of crap." Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
One series that comes to mind for me is The Ultimates. The first volume was superb- one of my all time favorites to this day. But after v1 the series began crumbling as a whole, and eventually (by the end of the 2nd volume) fell deep into the category of "steaming pile of crap." Imo.

Well, both opinions are almost objective truths of the comicdom.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I do believe I have to punch you both through the internet for thinking Ultimates vol.2 stunk.

Save me the time and effort and punch your own faces. Now.

Green Lantern Corps was awesome when it started and for a long time even through the crappy Blackest Night and didn't so much fizzle as took a huge precipitious dive when Tomasi and Gleason moved on. I pretty much hate it now. Secret Avengers also comes to mind.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Aug 12th, 2011 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:20 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Oh yeah... I sometimes forget that I was really intrigued by 52 and Brightest Day when they first came out. But they both got boring and incomprehensibly retarded pretty quickly.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:28 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Captain America. Brubakers run started off strong but everytime the series got sucked into the larger MU, it got worse as a whole. The return of Steve Rogers was also handled very poorly and with mediocre art to boot.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:37 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I do believe I have to punch you both through the internet for thinking Ultimates vol.2 stunk.
The first volume (issues 1-13) was extremely well done, imo. Between the artwork, character development, and plot, it was a near-perfect series... Then volume 2 came around. Now don't get me wrong, I thought the first few issues were decent, but it just let me down as a whole (the 'Thor dynamic' is where it really lost me.) I dunno, maybe my expectations were simply too high because I expected it to live up to its predecessor..?

Either way, I'm sure we're both in agreement that volume 3 was absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. sick

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Galan007
The first volume (issues 1-13) was extremely well done, imo. Between the artwork, character development, and plot, it was a near-perfect series... Then volume 2 came around. Now don't get me wrong, I thought the first few issues were decent, but it just let me down as a whole (the 'Thor dynamic' is where it really lost me.) I dunno, maybe my expectations were simply too high because I expected it to live up to its predecessor..?

Either way, I'm sure we're both in agreement that volume 3 was absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. sick
The delays probably didn't help any.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:22 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Chaos mother****ing War

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:48 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Justice Society of America.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 01:32 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

{edit}

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 04:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Not one of my fav but I was rather curious and optimistic about Trinity. I liked the first comics but then...

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 04:57 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Brubaker's X-Men (as short was it was), was shaky.
Astonishing X-Men once Ellis came in.
Geoff John's overall contribution to the Flash universe (it counts).
Superman/Batman.
Superboy's solo series/Adventure Comics.
Reign of the Doomsdays.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 04:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote