The Shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
All new ongoing series from Dynamite Entertainment

http://www.comicvine.com/news/dynamite-entertainment-announces-new-the-shadow-ongoing-ross-cassaday-to-provide-covers/143470/

Cogito
I'd read it...at least the first few issues. There's a lot of potential to miss big time with such an old character

Kazenji
Garth Ennis as writer

http://www.comicvine.com/news/dynamite-announces-new-the-shadow-ongoing-series-by-garth-ennis/144112/

Lord Shadow Z
eek!

Amazing idea to bring back The Shadow in comic form, will seriously look into getting these as I could never find the old comics anywhere. I have a graphic novel/book with some stories in it and I love the movie (dramatic and very comic book-like), so this is good news.

Digi
As long as they bring back Alec Baldwin.

Oh wait....

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Digi
As long as they bring back Alec Baldwin.

Oh wait....

big grin

I don't think Baldwin can jump into a comic page any time too soon, although Michael Keaton looks really strange in the comic adaptations of 89' and Returns so...

Kazenji
Never seen much of the old comics but i did'nt mind the movie that they made.

Digi
Yeah, the movie had TERRIBLE reviews, but I thought it was kinda cool in a pulpy, cheesy noir way. Then again, I was young. Been years. It might not hold up well.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, the movie had TERRIBLE reviews, but I thought it was kinda cool in a pulpy, cheesy noir way. Then again, I was young. Been years. It might not hold up well.

It didn't have a lot of action that's true and the plot was simple but it had the theatricality and style ramped up, and for that I love it a lot. I did a double take when I found out Bob Ringwood was the costume designer, although it's not a hard costume to get wrong - maybe had more work to do with the Mongol warriors and Shiwan Khan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.