KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Shadow

The Shadow
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Shadow

All new ongoing series from Dynamite Entertainment

http://www.comicvine.com/news/dynam...-covers/143470/

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I'd read it...at least the first few issues. There's a lot of potential to miss big time with such an old character

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 05:17 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 01:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

eek!

Amazing idea to bring back The Shadow in comic form, will seriously look into getting these as I could never find the old comics anywhere. I have a graphic novel/book with some stories in it and I love the movie (dramatic and very comic book-like), so this is good news.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 01:42 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

As long as they bring back Alec Baldwin.

Oh wait....

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 02:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
As long as they bring back Alec Baldwin.

Oh wait....

big grin

I don't think Baldwin can jump into a comic page any time too soon, although Michael Keaton looks really strange in the comic adaptations of 89' and Returns so...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 02:42 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Never seen much of the old comics but i did'nt mind the movie that they made.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 01:27 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, the movie had TERRIBLE reviews, but I thought it was kinda cool in a pulpy, cheesy noir way. Then again, I was young. Been years. It might not hold up well.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:32 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, the movie had TERRIBLE reviews, but I thought it was kinda cool in a pulpy, cheesy noir way. Then again, I was young. Been years. It might not hold up well.

It didn't have a lot of action that's true and the plot was simple but it had the theatricality and style ramped up, and for that I love it a lot. I did a double take when I found out Bob Ringwood was the costume designer, although it's not a hard costume to get wrong - maybe had more work to do with the Mongol warriors and Shiwan Khan.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:19 PM