Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie... by writer Christopher Yost and artist Ryan Stegman...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/yost-stegman-scarlet-spider-111015.html

* identity still unrevealed, it may or may not be Ben Reilly... it may be a he, or a she... and it will come out from the effects of the Spider-Island event...

* good or bad? confused

Digi
Clones are always hilarious. Bring em.

Btw, there was a very early clone story (like, first 100 ASM issues) where one of them dies, and they never tell us whether it's the clone or not. Added to all the identity hijinx Pete's been through, there's like a 25% chance current Spidey is actually the baby that came out of Mary Parker.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Digi

Btw, there was a very early clone story (like, first 100 ASM issues) where one of them dies, and they never tell us whether it's the clone or not. Added to all the identity hijinx Pete's been through, there's like a 25% chance current Spidey is actually the baby that came out of Mary Parker.

lol didn't they try to play that off before (the whole our spidey isn't actually the real one) but was too badly received or some shit?

BruceSkywalker
i read the issue where the new Scarlet Spider is supposedly in.. I hope it works this time around

peejayd

* i love Ben Reilly... evil face

SamZED

Btw, there was a very early clone story (like, first 100 ASM issues) where one of them dies, and they never tell us whether it's the clone or not. Added to all the identity hijinx Pete's been through, there's like a 25% chance current Spidey is actually the baby that came out of Mary Parker. laughing This post is winning.

Digi
Originally posted by jalek moye
lol didn't they try to play that off before (the whole our spidey isn't actually the real one) but was too badly received or some shit?

Sounds legit. I don't remember specifically though. I seem to recall some very obvious ambiguity about whether or not he switched permanently with Ben at one point, but that's about it.

Bentley
So this is Kain

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bentley
So this is Kain

most likely

Digi
Spider-Island kind of kicked ass. I mean, it was a total Spidey wankfest but, ya know, what's wrong with that?

happy

I like how they couldn't help subtly suggesting (again) that maybe Pete isn't the original at the end there. I think it's basically a running gag by now.

SamZED
Heh yeah. Dont think even Kain wants to be the original. He shut her up.

PS: Pete confirmed that his death by Morlun's hands is still canon and so are the upgrades he recieved afterwards. Wonder if they're ever going to explain what happened to organic webbing and stingers.

Digi
Originally posted by SamZED
Heh yeah. Dont think even Kain wants to be the original. He shut her up.

PS: Pete confirmed that his death by Morlun's hands is still canon and so are the upgrades he recieved afterwards. Wonder if they're ever going to explain what happened to organic webbing and stingers.

Just more fan service. They will likely continue to be ignored by writers, as per usual.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.