Concerning DC's History and the new 52!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz

WanderingDroid
DC don't really care about whether we like the stories or not. They care about making the money and getting a new generation of readers.

I'm fine with DC making their business deals.

Would I support them. nah!

As for the Crisis? Well, I wasted my money reading a story that is irrelevant to the characters I love and adore...so F me.

Thanks DC.

-Pr-
Have you actually read any of the books yet?

roughrider
For all the complaints about Marvel, they have managed to keep their continuity fairly clean. DC got Crisis drunk a long time ago, and now can't decide what continuity they actually want?
Bob Harras is the Editor In Chief now. If there is karma, they will go bankrupt under him like it happened once before under him!

WanderingDroid
Certainly,

Did I like them? No.

But that's just me.

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
For all the complaints about Marvel, they have managed to keep their continuity fairly clean. DC got Crisis drunk a long time ago, and now can't decide what continuity they actually want?
Bob Harras is the Editor In Chief now. If there is karma, they will go bankrupt under him like it happened once before under him!

Tell that to the X-Men. stick out tongue

Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Certainly,

Did I like them? No.

But that's just me.

So you genuinely didn't like Aquaman, Action Comics, The Flash, Detective Comics, Voodoo, JLI, Justice League, or any of the other books? Seriously?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by -Pr-
Tell that to the X-Men. stick out tongue

So you genuinely didn't like Aquaman, Action Comics, The Flash, Detective Comics, Voodoo, JLI, Justice League, or any of the other books? Seriously?

That's your go to list of the great comics to come out from the reboot? Some of those are of pretty questionable quality. There are some 6.5-7/10 books there.

Prep-Man
Nah, Aquaman, Action Comics, Flash, and Voodoo are all good. Have gotten good reveiws online and generally liked online as well.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Nah, Aquaman, Action Comics, Flash, and Voodoo are all good. Have gotten good reveiws online and generally liked online as well.

Other than issue 2 of the Flash (which was spectacular, much better than issue 1) those are all 7.5-8/10 books. Don't get me wrong, that is still a good review, but it isn't specular.

Prep-Man
IYO, but it's all subjective. I was mainly talking about Aquaman, Voodoo, I Vampire, Animal Man, which have been hits. Batman as well.

-Pr-
For me Aquaman's been a solid 8 at least. Action's at least a 9 if not 10. Flash has been great, Superman has been solid, Justice League has been brilliant, Detective has been really good.

Of course, imo.

And I don't trust Srank's judgement anyway. mmm

srankmissingnin
IYO, but it's all subjective. I was mainly talking about Aquaman, Voodoo, I Vampire, Animal Man, which have been hits. Batman as well.

Animal Man and I Vampire weren't mentioned, which was sort of my point. JLI, Action and even Justice League are middle of the road books. Nothing mind blowing there. I thought it was strange to mention those books and leave out Swamp Thing, I Vampire, and Animal Man.

FYI my opinion seems to fall pretty close to the line with the major review sites. cool

Prep-Man
Action has gotten some stellar reviews. And is loved by many of the creators in DC. It gets a solid 9 for me.

Not really into JLI, so I agree with that.

Close, but no cigar.

srankmissingnin
Action has gotten some stellar reviews. And is loved by many of the creators in DC. It gets a solid 9 for me.

Not really into JLI, so I agree with that.

Close, but no cigar.

So far action is sitting at 7.5 for issue 1, and 8 for issue 2 at IGN. But I know CBR gave it dub 5s on story and art. None of the other review sites I frequent hand out numerical scores.

Prep-Man
comicvine gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars. Like I said, "GOOD" reviews.

Badabing
I agree with Pr, Srank isn't very trustworthy. mhmm

badawe

I've enjoyed the books I've read so far. And isn't there a thread for this already?

srankmissingnin
comicvine gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars. Like I said, "GOOD" reviews.

lmao @ comicvine

Come on bro.

Prep-Man
I'm just pointing out sites that have given positive reviews. And most people who I talk to love it, so...

Prep-Man
And to be honest, it's not one of the main titles that I am anticipating every month.

That's Blackhawks, Grifter, Batman, I Vampire, OMAC, etc... big grin

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing
I agree with Pr, Srank isn't very trustworthy. mhmm

badawe

I've enjoyed the books I've read so far. And isn't there a thread for this already?

If I'm not mistake, I believe that I'm wildly regarded as the most passionate pro-DC poster on this board and that no one questions my ability to remain impartial. Plus I just got tenure at Yale in the DC comics history department and I am widely considered the foremost expert on DC comics in the known universe. And I won the official srank award for most trustworthy poster 5 years in a row! cool

Prep-Man
My top tier titles I anticipate the MOST are:
Animal Man
Batwing
OMAC
Stormwatch
Batman And Robin
Voodoo
Deathstroke
Frankenstein
Grifter
Resurrection Man
Mr. Terrific
Superboy
Batman
Blackhawks
Red Hood
I Vampire
Justice League Dark

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If I'm not mistake, I believe that I'm wildly regarded as the most passionate pro-DC poster on this board and that no one questions my ability to remain impartial. Plus I just got tenure at Yale in the DC comics history department and I am widely considered the foremost expert on DC comics in the known universe. And I won the official srank award for most trustworthy poster 5 years in a row! cool laughing out loud

Plus I missed your "VP of Comic Knowledge" tag. stick out tongue

WD, what has been to your dislike with the reboot?

srankmissingnin
laughing out loud

Plus I missed your "VP of Comic Knowledge" tag. stick out tongue

I would be the President but its all very political. I'm sure you understand.

Plus there aren't enough characters for that title... sad

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by -Pr-

Well, just between you and I....I did like Justice League Dark

Just don't tell anybody. wink

Action Comics and TEC will eventually hit a wall like it did with JMS on Superman as TEC will hit it's own wall like it did with Morrison.

These books get overhyped all the time and by the end of the race they run out of fuel.

Not that many to be quite honest. You can pick the worst shittty DC reboot comic and would still be a masterpiece compare to anything regurgated by Marvel Comics.

To answer your question more directly...I don't like how the Women of DC were rebooted. Without the women DC would be the most shittty thing since Marvel Comics.

Also, if this was a real reboot both Damian and SBP would have been erased..but Dumbass Comics opted to keep them.

Also, why is Morrison still at DC? Get his ass to marvel so that somehow he can do Xmen: A Brand New DAy.

srankmissingnin
lawl

The three best superhero books on the stands are Marvel. Cap and Bucky, Daredevil, and Uncanny X-Force. Detective is a close number 4 though.

Galan007
7.5-8/10 books. Don't get me wrong, that is still a good review, but it isn't specular. Action Comics is certainly not a "7.5-8/10".

srankmissingnin
It is.

Prep-Man
No.

Galan007
In your opinion. The general consensus, however, is that AC is an extremely well done book. No less than a 9/10.

At any rate, I lost respect for you when you failed to include S.H.I.E.L.D. on your 'best Marvel books' list. thumb down

Bentley
AC is the best comic DC is putting out.

I haven't read S.H.I.E.L.D. embarrasment

Galan007
S.H.I.E.L.D. is perfection. I'm not a 'big' Marvel guy, but that book is one of the best comics either company has produced in a LONG time, imo.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Galan007
In your opinion. The general consensus, however, is that AC is an extremely well done book. No less than a 9/10.

At any rate, I lost respect for you when you failed to include S.H.I.E.L.D. on your 'best Marvel books' list. thumb down

Of the big three comic cites, CBR is the only one Action Comics above 80%. Newsarama has it at 8/10, and IGN at 7.5/10. A cursory google search will give you with more 4/5, 8/10, and humorously 40/52's than it will 9 or 9.5 reviews. Most of the reviews don't apply a numerical value, I suppose you could decide you are going to assume those are the equivalent of 5 star reviews, but 80% is still a good number that could easily be attributed to those reviews as well.

If SHIELD came out on a regular monthly basis I would have included it. cool

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bentley
AC is the best comic DC is putting out.

I haven't read S.H.I.E.L.D. embarrasment

If you think AC is the best book DC is putting out you are going to have a stroke when you read Detective and find out what a great comic book actually looks like. cool

Prep-Man
LOL! Detective isn't that great. It's one of the weaker titles, IMO.

srankmissingnin
LOL! Detective isn't that great. It's one of the weaker titles, IMO.

Issue three wasn't great but 1 and 2 are much better than their Action Comics equivalents. cool

Bentley
If you think AC is the best book DC is putting out you are going to have a stroke when you read Detective and find out what a great comic book actually looks like. cool

I personally have never gotten into Bat books. I know, it's weird...

Prep-Man
Detective is pretty weak. cheesy dialogue and a not so very interesting villain. Action runs circles around it all day.

-Pr-
I wouldn't trust IGN to boil a kettle, tbh. Newsarama is the kind of site that lauded McDuffie's JLA, so no thanks.

Action Comics is arguably DC's best book, and although I like Detective, it isn't on Action's level. It's not far off, but Morrison's work has just been spot on so far imo.

That said, Srank is just trolling, so it doesn't matter. mmm

srankmissingnin
Trolling! That doesn't sound like me.

wink

-Pr-
Trolling! That doesn't sound like me.

wink

Of course not.

I personally have never gotten into Bat books. I know, it's weird...

You should read Nightwing at least.

Bentley
I am reading Nightwing and I'm trying to follow Batwing to see where it goes -kind of waiting for french colonialism-, but I'm still unsure about following them in the long run.

Jack Angel
I never read a comic book maybe now is the time to start since they are starting over. I wanted to read marvel comics but i dont know where to start so i'll read dc instead. I want the new justice league i think i'll start with that.

Martian_mind
I am reading Nightwing and I'm trying to follow Batwing to see where it goes -kind of waiting for french colonialism-, but I'm still unsure about following them in the long run.

Drop Nightwing.

I'd honestly suggest Demon Knights for you man.

But seriously, shut up Bentley.

Cogito

Nightwing and Batwing are two of the best, IMO. Especially Batwing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.