Suggestions!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Alright. Somebody needs to help me come up with ways to stay up during the night. My usual methods are no longer working and I have a million more methods to distract me than I did even just last year. I'm really close to being done uni and need some better marks lol How do you guys stay up late when you need to??

And yeah, I get it, I've put it in my own head that I need to stay up late to study, I know that, but I'm not gonna change now. As far as I'm concerned, staying up late studying and doing work and stuff at night has always worked out for me and gotten me this far, so I'm not switching it up right now.

Suggestions!

dadudemon
Well, there's always the "punch the utter living shit out of your nuts" trick.

The other is just have better control over your body. Try playing an exciting game for 30 minutes. Drink an energy drink that agrees with your body (caffeine isn't the only type of stimulant out there). Get blue balls (it works to keep you awake...for some it does).

ADarksideJedi
Drink alot of Mountain dew I did that at an all night party and I never fall asleep until the afternoon of the next morning. wink

AbnormalButSane
I don't. I go to bed early and wake up really early. I study better in the morning.

Also coffee helps me stay awake when I need to.

That ACDC Chick
What do you currently do in order to stay up late? hmm

rotiart
Yeah I don't think that's a great idea. Over clocking your own body. Well exercise for me gives me more energy. If you aren't exercising regularly then I suggest starting if you need more energy.

you get thorns
Originally posted by dadudemon

I was thinking wasabi on the twizeye.

Icy hot if you don't have wasabi handy.

Thoren
Just record all your notes and play them over and over while you're asleep.

General G
Originally posted by dadudemon

The other is just have better control over your body. Try playing an exciting game for 30 minutes. Drink an energy drink that agrees with your body (caffeine isn't the only type of stimulant out there). Get blue balls (it works to keep you awake...for some it does).

Unfortunately, my mind continues to stop my fist whenever it gets too close when reaching such velocities and blue balls requires a bit of planning beforehand, I may try the energy drink one tomorrow night, just to see if it works at all for me.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Drink alot of Mountain dew I did that at an all night party and I never fall asleep until the afternoon of the next morning. wink

Really? Mountain Dew? Just soda in general or for some reason that one in particular lol?

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I don't. I go to bed early and wake up really early. I study better in the morning.

Also coffee helps me stay awake when I need to.

I wiiiiiish...I love waking up early and getting a good start to the day...but I've got it programmed in me that I work better late at night, need to work on unprogramming that.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
What do you currently do in order to stay up late? hmm

Well, since I started uni a few years ago and when I know I need to stay up late, I will go to the university and go to one of the places that are accessible all night and I'm considerably much less likely to fall asleep in one of those rooms.

Originally posted by rotiart
Yeah I don't think that's a great idea. Over clocking your own body. Well exercise for me gives me more energy. If you aren't exercising regularly then I suggest starting if you need more energy.

I'm much more active in the summer than in the winter, unfortunately sad

Bardock42
Originally posted by General G
Alright. Somebody needs to help me come up with ways to stay up during the night. My usual methods are no longer working and I have a million more methods to distract me than I did even just last year. I'm really close to being done uni and need some better marks lol How do you guys stay up late when you need to??

And yeah, I get it, I've put it in my own head that I need to stay up late to study, I know that, but I'm not gonna change now. As far as I'm concerned, staying up late studying and doing work and stuff at night has always worked out for me and gotten me this far, so I'm not switching it up right now.

Suggestions!

Dick around on the internet.

Helps me stay up late all the time. May be incompatible with focused learning though.

ADarksideJedi
Nope mountain Dew none other soda keeps me up. They do say that stuff is like drinking 4 cups of coffee and it keeps me awake!

General G
So I tried a Rockstar and a bottle of Mountain Dew. It seems to be working, I don't think i could fall asleep if i tried right now, awesome!

Cherrywild

Suggestions!

Eat a light acidic/spicy meal late. It doesn't feel good, but you won't be able to sleep with the kind of reflux it spurs.

Chase it with a red bull. wink

ADarksideJedi
So I tried a Rockstar and a bottle of Mountain Dew. It seems to be working, I don't think i could fall asleep if i tried right now, awesome!

It works every time! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.