KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Suggestions!

Suggestions!
Started by: General G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

Suggestions!

Alright. Somebody needs to help me come up with ways to stay up during the night. My usual methods are no longer working and I have a million more methods to distract me than I did even just last year. I'm really close to being done uni and need some better marks lol How do you guys stay up late when you need to??

And yeah, I get it, I've put it in my own head that I need to stay up late to study, I know that, but I'm not gonna change now. As far as I'm concerned, staying up late studying and doing work and stuff at night has always worked out for me and gotten me this far, so I'm not switching it up right now.

Suggestions!

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:12 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well, there's always the "punch the utter living shit out of your nuts" trick.

The other is just have better control over your body. Try playing an exciting game for 30 minutes. Drink an energy drink that agrees with your body (caffeine isn't the only type of stimulant out there). Get blue balls (it works to keep you awake...for some it does).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Drink alot of Mountain dew I did that at an all night party and I never fall asleep until the afternoon of the next morning. wink

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:33 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I don't. I go to bed early and wake up really early. I study better in the morning.

Also coffee helps me stay awake when I need to.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:44 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

What do you currently do in order to stay up late?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:47 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Yeah I don't think that's a great idea. Over clocking your own body. Well exercise for me gives me more energy. If you aren't exercising regularly then I suggest starting if you need more energy.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:11 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
you get thorns
village idiot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

I was thinking wasabi on the twizeye.

Icy hot if you don't have wasabi handy.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:31 AM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Just record all your notes and play them over and over while you're asleep.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 03:46 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by dadudemon

The other is just have better control over your body. Try playing an exciting game for 30 minutes. Drink an energy drink that agrees with your body (caffeine isn't the only type of stimulant out there). Get blue balls (it works to keep you awake...for some it does).

Unfortunately, my mind continues to stop my fist whenever it gets too close when reaching such velocities and blue balls requires a bit of planning beforehand, I may try the energy drink one tomorrow night, just to see if it works at all for me.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Drink alot of Mountain dew I did that at an all night party and I never fall asleep until the afternoon of the next morning. wink

Really? Mountain Dew? Just soda in general or for some reason that one in particular lol?

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I don't. I go to bed early and wake up really early. I study better in the morning.

Also coffee helps me stay awake when I need to.

I wiiiiiish...I love waking up early and getting a good start to the day...but I've got it programmed in me that I work better late at night, need to work on unprogramming that.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
What do you currently do in order to stay up late?

Well, since I started uni a few years ago and when I know I need to stay up late, I will go to the university and go to one of the places that are accessible all night and I'm considerably much less likely to fall asleep in one of those rooms.

Originally posted by rotiart
Yeah I don't think that's a great idea. Over clocking your own body. Well exercise for me gives me more energy. If you aren't exercising regularly then I suggest starting if you need more energy.

I'm much more active in the summer than in the winter, unfortunately sad

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 07:21 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by General G
Alright. Somebody needs to help me come up with ways to stay up during the night. My usual methods are no longer working and I have a million more methods to distract me than I did even just last year. I'm really close to being done uni and need some better marks lol How do you guys stay up late when you need to??

And yeah, I get it, I've put it in my own head that I need to stay up late to study, I know that, but I'm not gonna change now. As far as I'm concerned, staying up late studying and doing work and stuff at night has always worked out for me and gotten me this far, so I'm not switching it up right now.

Suggestions!

Dick around on the internet.

Helps me stay up late all the time. May be incompatible with focused learning though.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:50 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Nope mountain Dew none other soda keeps me up. They do say that stuff is like drinking 4 cups of coffee and it keeps me awake!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 02:44 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

So I tried a Rockstar and a bottle of Mountain Dew. It seems to be working, I don't think i could fall asleep if i tried right now, awesome!

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 03:40 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Suggestions!

Eat a light acidic/spicy meal late. It doesn't feel good, but you won't be able to sleep with the kind of reflux it spurs.

Chase it with a red bull. wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2011 02:43 AM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

So I tried a Rockstar and a bottle of Mountain Dew. It seems to be working, I don't think i could fall asleep if i tried right now, awesome!

It works every time! wink

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2011 03:30 PM