HOTM Hulk vs The Sentry(Rematch)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
Both Go All Out(I Certainly Don't Mean All Crazy),No BFR,And This Fight Takes Place In The Normal KMC Battlegrounds.

TheHulk
I'm Seriously Waiting For Enzeru To Swoop Down Or Carver To Bring A Can Of Gamma...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheHulk
I'm Seriously Waiting For Enzeru To Swoop Down Or Carver To Bring A Can Of Gamma... at least you're aware this is bait

TheHulk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
at least you're aware this is bait Lol no I'm just saying they will obviously come here but I really want To debate This

Enzeru
What advantages does the Sentry have over the Hulk?

+ Sentry is much faster than the Hulk ...
+ Sentry can fly ...
+ Sentry can use range-attacks ...
+ Sentry can overpower the Hulk telepathically / empathically ...
+ Sentry takes attacks on a planetary busting scale ...
+ Sentry regenerates at a ridiculous speed ...
+ Sentry can teleport ...
+ Sentry has powerful raw molecule manipulation ...

It's basically one of these fights where Hulk can compete, because it's written in a comic book, where the characters never use he full extent of their power set and Sentry is going to win this fight, because he has a much better power set.

There are characters in the world of comics who can't be defeated by strenght alone and I feel like Sentry is one of these characters, if he is written propperly and uses his versatility and raw power to it's full extent and something like that he does in a forum battle.

While Heart Of The Monster was a very powerful Hulk, he is still limited to the abilities he has and he would still be trashed by someone who can move faster than the Hulk can think.
But even then ... that Hulk facing a serious Sentry would be too much for him, in my opinion. Sentry already stalemated WW Hulk, while the Golden Man was in a weak state and therefore weaker.
From that point on he can only become much, much stronger. I would also like to mention that Sentry brawled it out with the Hulk, while Thor had some serious problems with weaker versions of the Hulk, even though Hulk was wielding Mjolnir while he was brawling it out and I'm pretty sure that Mjolnir adds a lot of impact force to Thor's attacks, yet his record was worse than the stuff Sentry pulled off.

It's not biasm right now, but Sentry was simply meant to be on a higher level, even though that's obviously hard to believe for everyone who knows the character mainly because of the mainstream Avengers comics, where he was a part of and got depowered on a regular basis for the sake of the story.
I understand the hate for the Sentry. I don't agree, but I understand and accept it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enzeru
What advantages does the Sentry have over the Hulk?

+ Sentry is much faster than the Hulk ...
+ Sentry can fly ...
+ Sentry can use range-attacks ...
+ Sentry can overpower the Hulk telepathically / empathically ...
+ Sentry takes attacks on a planetary busting scale ...
+ Sentry regenerates at a ridiculous speed ...
+ Sentry can teleport ...
+ Sentry has powerful raw molecule manipulation ...

It's basically one of these fights where Hulk can compete, because it's written in a comic book, where the characters never use he full extent of their power set and Sentry is going to win this fight, because he has a much better power set.

There are characters in the world of comics who can't be defeated by strenght alone and I feel like Sentry is one of these characters, if he is written propperly and uses his versatility and raw power to it's full extent and something like that he does in a forum battle.

While Heart Of The Monster was a very powerful Hulk, he is still limited to the abilities he has and he would still be trashed by someone who can move faster than the Hulk can think.
But even then ... that Hulk facing a serious Sentry would be too much for him, in my opinion. Sentry already stalemated WW Hulk, while the Golden Man was in a weak state and therefore weaker.
From that point on he can only become much, much stronger. I would also like to mention that Sentry brawled it out with the Hulk, while Thor had some serious problems with weaker versions of the Hulk, even though Hulk was wielding Mjolnir while he was brawling it out and I'm pretty sure that Mjolnir adds a lot of impact force to Thor's attacks, yet his record was worse than the stuff Sentry pulled off.

It's not biasm right now, but Sentry was simply meant to be on a higher level, even though that's obviously hard to believe for everyone who knows the character mainly because of the mainstream Avengers comics, where he was a part of and got depowered on a regular basis for the sake of the story.
I understand the hate for the Sentry. I don't agree, but I understand and accept it.

I really didn't want to get into this with you, because this is obviously going to be a debate that since one character has the versatility over the other that character should win. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been true.

1. Sentry's speed did nothing to stop the Hulk from tagging him on the chin. So we either have to conclude that the Hulk is just as fast, or he can react to the Sentry's speed as shown on panel.

2. Refer to point number 1 to see why this did not matter during their battle.

3. The hulk can also use ranged attacks.

4. the Sentry was unable to do this to WW Hulk and certainly won't be doing this to HOTM Hulk, the only Hulk that he was able to do this to was Savage Hulk.

5. it was less than a planetary assault that left the Sentry broken and beaten during WW Hulk.

6. The Hulk also regenerates at a ridiculous speed.

7. The hulk has been able to hit opponents that others were unable to detect.

8. The Hulk has the raw ability to increase his might beyond what was seen during WW Hulk, and admitted to holding back during the entire story.

Versatility does not mean an instant win in every case, because if it did the Hulk should have never given the entire Avengers the trouble that he has, and done so consistently. The fact that Marvel wrote the battle the way that they did was for a reason. They thought that the Hulk would win, and if it happened again the conclusion would have been the same.

The Sentry of WW Hulk was in his right mind set, as we saw that he was prepped, everything was great, and he went in with all of the confidence, resolve, and justification that his fragile psyche needed in order to stop the Hulk. However he was not able to do anything other than get beaten down. No excuses, he lost. HOTM would murder him.

Stow the excuses.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stoic
I really didn't want to get into this with you, because this is obviously going to be a debate that since one character has the versatility over the other that character should win. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been true.

Before I even start deconstructing your opinion, you should already realize that comic book fights are not written the way they should be.
If they would be written propperly with the usage of the respective abilities of the characters, comic book fights would be entirely different.

We do not discuss who would win in the comics: Hulk or Sentry. We discuss who would win of these two characters and we take a look at the power set, the power level and the feats these characters have acomplished, when they were at their best and at his best Hulk was still not a super speedster, nor could he fly, nor was he versatile overall and so on ...

1. Sentry's speed did nothing to stop the Hulk from tagging him on the chin. So we either have to conclude that the Hulk is just as fast, or he can react to the Sentry's speed as shown on panel.

It happened in a comic book fight. In a comic book fight Cyclops survived being beaten up by Iron Patriot. It happens for the sake of the plot.
For the sake of the plot the writer had to depower the Sentry and give him a lower power level, where he couldn't even control his remaining powers.
Sentry knew that he was going to lose the control and therefore he took all of Hulk's punches. He didn't even bother to dodge. When Hulk was hitting him, he stood there and talked about something. When he had enough he started punching the crap out of the Hulk.

2. Refer to point number 1 to see why this did not matter during their battle.

Again, it happened in a comic book fight. If you can fly and throw stone bricks from above onto your opponent, who can't fly, wouldn't you do that?
If you're fast enough to dodge if he throws bricks at you, wouldn't you do that?

What happened in the comic is not what happens in a forum battle. Logically Sentry would be able to BFR the Hulk into the space and leave him there for days. Sentry has the speed to do so, if he is really up to it and judging by his durability while even being in an unstable state, he is more then durable enough to take few punches from Hulk while flying up. (For the case if you come up with the Gladiator BFR).

3. The hulk can also use ranged attacks.

On Sentry's level? Doubt it.

4. the Sentry was unable to do this to WW Hulk and certainly won't be doing this to HOTM Hulk, the only Hulk that he was able to do this to was Savage Hulk.

Since we're throwing around with various versions. You do realize that Sentry was depowered during the WW Hulk fight, right?
In forum battles we don't use depowered versions of the characters, we use them while they're at their peak and even HOTM Hulk is not going to defeat someone who goes toe on toe with Photon, overpowers Thor casually (but Thor was in a weak state during that), easily trashes Absorbing Man, K.O.'s Blue Marvel and so on.

5. it was less than a planetary assault that left the Sentry broken and beaten during WW Hulk.

WW Hulk was one of his lowest showings and even there he had the upper hand in the fight. Makes you think, huh?

6. The Hulk also regenerates at a ridiculous speed.

Never denied that, but the funny thing is that the Sentry additionally has superhuman durability and invulnerability and if someone gets past that, there is still the regeneration and in the worst case scenario the immortality.

Sentry is overpowered.

7. The hulk has been able to hit opponents that others were unable to detect.

Judging by his power set Sentry can turn invisible and intangible. Additionally to that Sentry is a lot faster than the Hulk and not really much weaker.

8. The Hulk has the raw ability to increase his might beyond what was seen during WW Hulk, and admitted to holding back during the entire story.

During WW Hulk arc he had a lot of help of a good amount of PIS. Ghost Rider, Darwin, Zom Strange, Sentry ...
And as I already said it. There are opponents who can't be defeated by strenght alone.

Versatility does not mean an instant win in every case, because if it did the Hulk should have never given the entire Avengers the trouble that he has, and done so consistently. The fact that Marvel wrote the battle the way that they did was for a reason. They thought that the Hulk would win, and if it happened again the conclusion would have been the same.

You're right, versatility doesn't mean an instant win, but it gives a character a great advantage. The advantage to do much devastating damage, before the other opponent can start bringing in his play.
Hulk was pwning the Avengers because they don't have many uber-characters, since after all it's not DC we're talking about.

The Sentry of WW Hulk was in his right mind set, as we saw that he was prepped, everything was great

Aw hell, you're so clueless, it's not even funny anymore. Too bad I started responding to the post, before reading that utter piece of bullshit. Go out and read some comics, before you try to debate with someone.

Stow the excuses.

?

Nihilist
HOTM Hulk wins this easily.

bbrem123
sentry wins.

JakeTheBank
Depends on who the writer wants to wank more.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the Silver Surfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people like the Surfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't, though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages. If that average man or woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though, the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET.

The Sorrow
WWH already beat Sentry

quanchi112
Originally posted by bbrem123
sentry wins. HOTM Hulk wins. This comes down to character not powerset. The rules have been placed up which supports my viewpoints not the powerset arguers. Unless the op says so we debate based off the characters and their behavior.

-Pr-
We don't argue powersets. Period.

That's what tournaments are for.

Edit: Unless you're a Surfer fan.

Sr J-Bieb
I agree with everything Quanchi writes in this thread

Enzeru
Originally posted by quanchi112
HOTM Hulk wins. This comes down to character not powerset.

-Pr- posted it and you still fail to actually understand the concent.
Sentry knows the Hulk. He knows what the Hulk is capable off and he knows how he can defeat the Hulk.
Sentry has less morals than Superman / Silver Surfer. The only thing limiting him were the writers after Paul Jenkins. Sentry has the needed power set and the needed morals to finish the Hulk off, even though they're friends. If he thinks that Hulk is threatening civilians, then he will make it be serious about it.

Most of the people in this thread who voted for Hulk, said that because they looked at the Sentry VS Hulk fight during the World War Hulk arc and that arc was ... rather unique when it came to fight solutions.

quanchi112
-Pr- posted it and you still fail to actually understand the concent.
Sentry knows the Hulk. He knows what the Hulk is capable off and he knows how he can defeat the Hulk.
Sentry has less morals than Superman / Silver Surfer. The only thing limiting him were the writers after Paul Jenkins. Sentry has the needed power set and the needed morals to finish the Hulk off, even though they're friends. If he thinks that Hulk is threatening civilians, then he will make it be serious about it.

Most of the people in this thread who voted for Hulk, said that because they looked at the Sentry VS Hulk fight during the World War Hulk arc and that arc was ... rather unique when it came to fight solutions. They already fought and the Sentry let loose upon a vastly weaker Hulk. It wasn't enough. He engaged him like I see him getting hit and exchanging blows. He flew right into his fists. You want to pretend he fights differently and ignore how they matched up. If the Sentry can't beat a less powerful Hulk he isn't beating this Hulk.

Sentry gets tagged a lot when he takes people on. The only time I give him the edge is if the Void is calling the shots. If it's the Sentry even when he cuts loose it wasn't enough.

-Pr-
Are we all forgetting that Sentry WANTED to get hit?

Stoic
Before I even start deconstructing your opinion, you should already realize that comic book fights are not written the way they should be.
If they would be written propperly with the usage of the respective abilities of the characters, comic book fights would be entirely different.

We do not discuss who would win in the comics: Hulk or Sentry. We discuss who would win of these two characters and we take a look at the power set, the power level and the feats these characters have acomplished, when they were at their best and at his best Hulk was still not a super speedster, nor could he fly, nor was he versatile overall and so on ...

It happened in a comic book fight. In a comic book fight Cyclops survived being beaten up by Iron Patriot. It happens for the sake of the plot.
For the sake of the plot the writer had to depower the Sentry and give him a lower power level, where he couldn't even control his remaining powers.
Sentry knew that he was going to lose the control and therefore he took all of Hulk's punches. He didn't even bother to dodge. When Hulk was hitting him, he stood there and talked about something. When he had enough he started punching the crap out of the Hulk.

Again, it happened in a comic book fight. If you can fly and throw stone bricks from above onto your opponent, who can't fly, wouldn't you do that?
If you're fast enough to dodge if he throws bricks at you, wouldn't you do that?

What happened in the comic is not what happens in a forum battle. Logically Sentry would be able to BFR the Hulk into the space and leave him there for days. Sentry has the speed to do so, if he is really up to it and judging by his durability while even being in an unstable state, he is more then durable enough to take few punches from Hulk while flying up. (For the case if you come up with the Gladiator BFR).

On Sentry's level? Doubt it.

Since we're throwing around with various versions. You do realize that Sentry was depowered during the WW Hulk fight, right?
In forum battles we don't use depowered versions of the characters, we use them while they're at their peak and even HOTM Hulk is not going to defeat someone who goes toe on toe with Photon, overpowers Thor casually (but Thor was in a weak state during that), easily trashes Absorbing Man, K.O.'s Blue Marvel and so on.

WW Hulk was one of his lowest showings and even there he had the upper hand in the fight. Makes you think, huh?

Never denied that, but the funny thing is that the Sentry additionally has superhuman durability and invulnerability and if someone gets past that, there is still the regeneration and in the worst case scenario the immortality.

Sentry is overpowered.

Judging by his power set Sentry can turn invisible and intangible. Additionally to that Sentry is a lot faster than the Hulk and not really much weaker.

During WW Hulk arc he had a lot of help of a good amount of PIS. Ghost Rider, Darwin, Zom Strange, Sentry ...
And as I already said it. There are opponents who can't be defeated by strenght alone.

You're right, versatility doesn't mean an instant win, but it gives a character a great advantage. The advantage to do much devastating damage, before the other opponent can start bringing in his play.
Hulk was pwning the Avengers because they don't have many uber-characters, since after all it's not DC we're talking about.

Aw hell, you're so clueless, it's not even funny anymore. Too bad I started responding to the post, before reading that utter piece of bullshit. Go out and read some comics, before you try to debate with someone.

?

1. So let me get this straight. We don't refer to what happened in a comic, until you say that it is okay to do so? That's not the way the game goes sorry. Iron Patriot (Osborne) did not want to kill Scott, or he would have as he sat there helpless. Context is something that you can't choose to turn on and off at your leisure.

2. So are you saying that every time that Sentry has been hit that it was because of the writers error? This is BS. Perhaps you want to add the Sentry trying to contain a CCU? The Beyonder wha was greater than a CCU tested the Hulk and told him that he was an infinite power. The Sentry on the other hand was incapable of holding onto that CCU, and admitted to not being able to continue for much longer. Was this an error of the writer as well?

3. The Sentry was stable at the beginning of the fight, so stop using excuses. Before the fight Tony gave him the pep talk of the century. This was the writer showing us that fans like you could not go back and say, that Bob was unstable. Bob tried to stop the Hulk and he was unable to. He unleashed holy hell on the Hulk and it was not enough. Again it is the comics from which we have the ability to gauge a specific characters abilities, not opinion. Versatility does not mean win. I placed emphasis on why this fact is not 100% credible. The hulk is not a one trick pony, and you can begin to stop placing him within that category, as he has shown time and time again to be contrary to this belief.

4. Yes the hulk regenerated from a stomach and bones in less than 5 minutes.

5. The Hulk was holding back during WW Hulk, and he still beat Bob. If this fight happened in the Dark Dimension and the Hulk wasn't holding back, Bob would have been beaten as we saw he was unable to take the Hulk on a lower power scale.

6. You continue to use excuses to justify the beating that took place on panel, and it's pretty sad. You seem to be the type that can't believe the evidence right before your eyes even if its biting you on your dumb ass. The Sentry was never this unbeatable beast that you try to shove down peoples throats. When he has low showings as you call it, it's because he wasn't thinking straight. You're telling me to go and read a comic. Well I read WW Hulk, and the Hulk beat the Sentry. you getting angry over it, and turning this into a childish flame war does not change what the writers wanted everyone to know. Survival of the fittest tells the true story. The Sentry is dead, and the Hulk is still alive. So much for him being this unbeatable super beast that you think that he was.

Enzeru
Are we all forgetting that Sentry WANTED to get hit?

Could you be so kind and explain why?

I tried it often, but people tend to ignore my opinion, because I usually write too much. Typing with all of the 10 fingers and therefore having an insane speed can be a curse.

-Pr-
Could you be so kind and explain why?

I tried it often, but people tend to ignore my opinion, because I usually write too much. Typing with all of the 10 fingers and therefore having an insane speed can be a curse.

Why he wanted to get hit, or why people are forgetting?

Sr J-Bieb
Why he wanted to get hit, or why people are forgetting? Maybe he wants you to explain his next statement about why he's bragging about typing with 10 fingers?

Enzeru

I know why the people tend to forget that. Because they're stupid. I had the first part in mind.

Stoic

What about the Hulk holding back? Does this factor in somewhere, or is this a one sided type of thing?

Enzeru
3. The Sentry was stable at the beginning of the fight, so stop using excuses. Before the fight Tony gave him the pep talk of the century. This was the writer showing us that fans like you could not go back and say, that Bob was unstable.

Iron Man talked to the Sentry, who then said that he wouldn't be able to help them out because of his agoraphobia. He told Iron Man that the Avengers would have to face the Hulk alone.
Then Sentry stood for nearly 2 days in front of his house door, unable to leave the place.

Do you even know what agoraphobia is? It's the fear of wide open spaces. The person is afraid that he won't have a place to hide, if he has a panic attack and therefore Sentry was not able to leave the house, because his fear was overwhelming him. Sentry has godlike powers but in the end, he is still only human and has flaws, like every other human.

When the Hulk decided to kill the heroes, Sentry took off, since he knew that he couldn't hide any longer and it took him long enough to enter the battlefield, because his speed was so low, since he was in a weak state after all. It's a fact that Sentry's power level scales with his stability and when he is instable he needs a good amount of time to travel from one point to another and while he is clear minded, he flies all over the world in seconds.

Go figure.

He unleashed holy hell on the Hulk and it was not enough. Again it is the comics from which we have the ability to gauge a specific characters abilities, not opinion. Versatility does not mean win. I placed emphasis on why this fact is not 100% credible. The hulk is not a one trick pony, and you can begin to stop placing him within that category, as he has shown time and time again to be contrary to this belief.

Sentry lost the control over his powers during that fight and while he is unstable, his power level is lower. The power he was wielding in that moment was enough to destroy few city blocks.
When he was clear minded, he was destroying planets while holding back.

Go figure.

Additionally to that I never said that the Hulk would be a one tricky pony, but fact is that he is vastly less versatile than the Sentry and that Hulk's lack of speed, flight, great range potential would be great disadvantages and few of the reasons why he would lose in the end.

4. Yes the hulk regenerated from a stomach and bones in less than 5 minutes.

Sentry regenerated from a skeleton in seconds.

5. The Hulk was holding back during WW Hulk, and he still beat Bob. If this fight happened in the Dark Dimension and the Hulk wasn't holding back, Bob would have been beaten as we saw he was unable to take the Hulk on a lower power scale.

Dude, THE WORLD WAR HULK SENTRY WAS A DEPOWERED VERSION, WHAT'S SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THAT ONE?!?!?!?!
If the Hulk was in the microverse with the Sentry, who was destroying planets while holding back, Hulk would have died.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
why he's bragging about typing with 10 fingers?

Because I'm handsome and awesome.

-Pr-
I know why the people tend to forget that. Because they're stupid. I had the first part in mind.

Didn't he say so?

What about the Hulk holding back? Does this factor in somewhere, or is this a one sided type of thing?

If the Hulk holding back was up for discussion, it could be argued about, obviously.

Enzeru
Didn't he say so?

Not directly, but he was supporting the Hulk with kind words though.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg

^ Here he talks, while Hulk is punching him: HIT ME ... HIT MEEEEE !!!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1020/aawwh05022.jpg

^ Here he's done talking and attacks back: I've had enough, eat this !!!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5948/aawwh05023.jpg

^ Then again, he starts talking again while Hulk continues punching him: Awww !!!

-Pr-
Not directly, but he was supporting the Hulk with kind words though.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg

^ Here he talks, while Hulk is punching him: HIT ME ... HIT MEEEEE !!!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1020/aawwh05022.jpg

^ Here he's done talking and attacks back: I've had enough, eat this !!!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5948/aawwh05023.jpg

^ Then again, he starts talking again while Hulk continues punching him: Awww !!!

The first scan is the one I was referring to. Pretty clear that he's egging him on, imo.

Badabing
Geez, all the gamma envy in this thread...durpalm

Sentry blitzes, and Hulk smashes.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg

Sentry was unleashing "like never before" according to Reed.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-16.jpg

Hulk >>> Sentry and Bruce >>> Bob.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-26.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-27.jpg

Let's end this farce. Hulk wins! durhulk

quanchi112
A vastly more powerful Hulk wins. Without the Void calling the shots Sentry loses. As much as it pains me to admit it I don't disagree with the comics and what they show me.

Stoic
Iron Man talked to the Sentry, who then said that he wouldn't be able to help them out because of his agoraphobia. He told Iron Man that the Avengers would have to face the Hulk alone.
Then Sentry stood for nearly 2 days in front of his house door, unable to leave the place.

Do you even know what agoraphobia is? It's the fear of wide open spaces. The person is afraid that he won't have a place to hide, if he has a panic attack and therefore Sentry was not able to leave the house, because his fear was overwhelming him. Sentry has godlike powers but in the end, he is still only human and has flaws, like every other human.

When the Hulk decided to kill the heroes, Sentry took off, since he knew that he couldn't hide any longer and it took him long enough to enter the battlefield, because his speed was so low, since he was in a weak state after all. It's a fact that Sentry's power level scales with his stability and when he is instable he needs a good amount of time to travel from one point to another and while he is clear minded, he flies all over the world in seconds.

Go figure.

Sentry lost the control over his powers during that fight and while he is unstable, his power level is lower. The power he was wielding in that moment was enough to destroy few city blocks.
When he was clear minded, he was destroying planets while holding back.

Go figure.

Additionally to that I never said that the Hulk would be a one tricky pony, but fact is that he is vastly less versatile than the Sentry and that Hulk's lack of speed, flight, great range potential would be great disadvantages and few of the reasons why he would lose in the end.

Sentry regenerated from a skeleton in seconds.

Dude, THE WORLD WAR HULK SENTRY WAS A DEPOWERED VERSION, WHAT'S SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THAT ONE?!?!?!?!
If the Hulk was in the microverse with the Sentry, who was destroying planets while holding back, Hulk would have died.

Because I'm handsome and awesome.

I read the book. No need to be condescending. Then again that's the way that you debate in order to wiggle in a point right. When Bob flew into the conflict he was all there and nowhere did it ever state that he was flying slow to get to the battlefield. Did you see the look on his face? He was full of confidence. You keep making things up to suit your argument, too bad other read the story as well.

I guess when Bob said that the hulk was the only one who could take his hits, that it meant that he was low in confidence, and that he was holding back, when in fact he said how great it felt to finally let loose. This is you once again making up things to deceitfully prove a point, but again others read the book as well.

The Hulk was able to move fast enough to chin check Bob when he blitzed in wasn't he? Oh yeah but Bob wasn't operating at peak levels. Riiight. This argument can only go so far until someone has to step in call a loss a loss. How much ass does the Hulk have to beat, before people say that he can legitimately take on the big guns, and win? Probably never, because he's been doing so for the past 60 or less years, and people still throw curve balls at his feats.

You keep saying that Sentry of WW Hulk was the Bob being less than prime, but you still can't prove it. it never states it on panel. The book went something like this. When Bob was first approached, and asked to help stop the Hulk, he was unable, and if Banner sanctioned all of those heroes that were captured at that moment, Bob would have done nothing. However as time went on, Bob got it together in his mind, and flew to the rescue. At this point in time, Bob was prepped, willing, able, confident, feeling great after the God pep talk given by Tony, and ready to stop the Hulk. When he flew in with a his Golden Boy grin, that was not the look of a confused, drug addled victim, it was the Sentry fully aware of what he had to do. Like I said the excuses have to stop, because it's really sad. If the Hulk had lost, i would be here arguing for the Sentry, but as it turns out, the Hulk won, and he was holding back.

-Pr-
A vastly more powerful Hulk wins. Without the Void calling the shots Sentry loses. As much as it pains me to admit it I don't disagree with the comics and what they show me.

Unless it suits you. mmm

quanchi112
Unless it suits you. mmm Bada, deck this creep. For me and all the little quannies out there.

-Pr-
Bada, deck this creep. For me and all the little quannies out there.

There are little quannies running around? Eww.

quanchi112
There are little quannies running around? Eww. By quannies I mean people who try to emulate me. Probably thousands.

-Pr-
By quannies I mean people who try to emulate me. Probably thousands.

If you say so.

quanchi112
If you say so. Ok fine, millions.

-Pr-
Ok fine, millions.

Sperm doesn't count.

Enzeru
I read the book. No need to be condescending. Then again that's the way that you debate in order to wiggle in a point right. When Bob flew into the conflict he was all there and nowhere did it ever state that he was flying slow to get to the battlefield. Did you see the look on his face? He was full of confidence. You keep making things up to suit your argument, too bad other read the story as well.

I don't make anything up, I just judge by the meaning behind the entire story.

Sentry flew into the conflict and he needed a whole while to reach them, since there there happened so much in the mean time. Reed was going to kill Tony, who was trying to hack the controlling devices, Reed didn't kill him, because Hulk didn't let him to, Rick explained it to them, Hulk then talked a little bit about the story and then there was the golden shine and the Sentry entered the battle.

The Sentry, who already flew from the Earth to the Sun during one single conversation, multiple times and even faster.
I'm pretty sure that the distance between the Earth and the Sun is greater than the distance between one point of America and another one.

I guess when Bob said that the hulk was the only one who could take his hits, that it meant that he was low in confidence, and that he was holding back, when in fact he said how great it felt to finally let loose. This is you once again making up things to deceitfully prove a point, but again others read the book as well.

Once again, this is not me making anything up. Paul Jenkins, the creator of the Sentry said that Sentry struggels and if he struggels, his power level sinks and he is easier to defeat. Greg Pak, the writer of World War Hulk made it pretty clear that Sentry was in a weak mental condition, since he was ignoring his duties as a hero for days, because of his agoraphobia.

With the mental issues Sentry's power level was low and he was not able to bust out more damage.

The Hulk was able to move fast enough to chin check Bob when he blitzed in wasn't he? Oh yeah but Bob wasn't operating at peak levels. Riiight. This argument can only go so far until someone has to step in call a loss a loss. How much ass does the Hulk have to beat, before people say that he can legitimately take on the big guns, and win? Probably never, because he's been doing so for the past 60 or less years, and people still throw curve balls at his feats.

Didn't we already made it clear, that Sentry wanted to be hit during that fight? He was not dodging when Hulk was attacking him, for obvious reasons: "HEY, IMA LOSE THE CONTROL AND START LEVELING THE ENTIRE CITY, TROLLO-LOLO!"

No one ever said that Hulk can't defeat opponents. Hulk is a brute and for the longest time he had brutes as his opponents. He was facing opponents on his own level of speed. He can do that as much as he wants, but when he faces opponents who are maybe equal to him when it comes to the strenght, but have a greater versatility, then the writers have to write the stories so that the Hulk could win too.

Just because you're strong, you can't simply defeat someone with a plot device like Mjolnir. Or someone with the power of one million exploding suns.

You keep saying that Sentry of WW Hulk was the Bob being less than prime, but you still can't prove it. it never states it on panel.

Stopped reading there.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

^ Sentry and Photon are shredding worlds, while they're still holding back. Captain America is threatened, while the entire ground beneath him is collapsing.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

^ Captain America gets teleported into safety and Sentry and Photon cut loose. Sentry is for the first time not on the Earth and therefore not threatening anyone. He releases his power and his golden energy is visible in the real world, while he is still in the microverse.

And during that encounter there was not a sign of Sentry's mental issues. He was fairly clear minded. Hulk can't take on a being who destroys planets while holding back and who also takes attacks on a planetary busting scale without taking all too much harm.

Badabing
Bada, deck this creep. For me and all the little quannies out there. Who are some Quannies on this board? thandurosOriginally posted by -Pr-
There are little quannies running around? Eww. laughing out loud

Stoic
I don't make anything up, I just judge by the meaning behind the entire story.

Sentry flew into the conflict and he needed a whole while to reach them, since there there happened so much in the mean time. Reed was going to kill Tony, who was trying to hack the controlling devices, Reed didn't kill him, because Hulk didn't let him to, Rick explained it to them, Hulk then talked a little bit about the story and then there was the golden shine and the Sentry entered the battle.

The Sentry, who already flew from the Earth to the Sun during one single conversation, multiple times and even faster.
I'm pretty sure that the distance between the Earth and the Sun is greater than the distance between one point of America and another one.

Once again, this is not me making anything up. Paul Jenkins, the creator of the Sentry said that Sentry struggels and if he struggels, his power level sinks and he is easier to defeat. Greg Pak, the writer of World War Hulk made it pretty clear that Sentry was in a weak mental condition, since he was ignoring his duties as a hero for days, because of his agoraphobia.

With the mental issues Sentry's power level was low and he was not able to bust out more damage.

Didn't we already made it clear, that Sentry wanted to be hit during that fight? He was not dodging when Hulk was attacking him, for obvious reasons: "HEY, IMA LOSE THE CONTROL AND START LEVELING THE ENTIRE CITY, TROLLO-LOLO!"

No one ever said that Hulk can't defeat opponents. Hulk is a brute and for the longest time he had brutes as his opponents. He was facing opponents on his own level of speed. He can do that as much as he wants, but when he faces opponents who are maybe equal to him when it comes to the strenght, but have a greater versatility, then the writers have to write the stories so that the Hulk could win too.

Just because you're strong, you can't simply defeat someone with a plot device like Mjolnir. Or someone with the power of one million exploding suns.

Stopped reading there.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

^ Sentry and Photon are shredding worlds, while they're still holding back. Captain America is threatened, while the entire ground beneath him is collapsing.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

^ Captain America gets teleported into safety and Sentry and Photon cut loose. Sentry is for the first time not on the Earth and therefore not threatening anyone. He releases his power and his golden energy is visible in the real world, while he is still in the microverse.

And during that encounter there was not a sign of Sentry's mental issues. He was fairly clear minded. Hulk can't take on a being who destroys planets while holding back and who also takes attacks on a planetary busting scale without taking all too much harm.

Everything that you just wrote was just more excuses. It was your take on things, when it was never canonically stated on panel that these things occurred. To further shoot down everything that you stated, Bob was written at that point to be in full control of his mental and physical faculties. Anything outside of what was written is your opinion. I'll go with what was written in the book, and not a fan induced assumption. You have no concrete evidence to prove one word of your post. They made it clear that the Sentry was well prepared for the conflict, which in no way gives you the leeway to make any other assumptions outside what was written.

The Hulk held back as I pointed out, and he still won. HOTM was the Hulk on a completely higher level, and if Bob could not beat a weaker level of the Hulk, I would certainly not give him the win against a more potent level. If I did it would be like giving a kid 6-7 plates of food when they could not finish the 1 that I initially gave them.

quanchi112
Everything that you just wrote was just more excuses. It was your take on things, when it was never canonically stated on panel that these things occurred. To further shoot down everything that you stated, Bob was written at that point to be in full control of his mental and physical faculties. Anything outside of what was written is your opinion. I'll go with what was written in the book, and not a fan induced assumption. You have no concrete evidence to prove one word of your post. They made it clear that the Sentry was well prepared for the conflict, which in no way gives you the leeway to make any other assumptions outside what was written.

The Hulk held back as I pointed out, and he still won. HOTM was the Hulk on a completely higher level, and if Bob could not beat a weaker level of the Hulk, I would certainly not give him the win against a more potent level. If I did it would be like giving a kid 6-7 plates of food when they could not finish the 1 that I initially gave them. I agree he inserts his opinion without any factual data to back it up.

-Pr-
Guys, don't make it personal.

Stoic
Guys, don't make it personal.

I'm not making it personal. It's the lies that Enzeru is spewing to try and make a point when he has none. For example, he said that the Hulk could not withstand the abuse that would destroy a planet. What the heck happened during HOTM?

Enzeru
Oh my ... That's just ... I don't even ... I ... Oh my ...

JakeTheBank
Lol.

TheHulk
Hulk Is My Favorite Character And Sentry Is My Second Favorite,But Seriously Sentry Has That Few Fts To Put Him In HOTM Hulk Lvl,But I wouldn't Put This Thread For No Reason...

Overall HOTM HULK 5.9/10 (Yeah Slight Edge For Hulk)

BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF GAMMA AND A MILLION EXPOLDING SUNS!!!! mad

psycho gundam
Oh my ... That's just ... I don't even ... I ... Oh my ... http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/drakehah.png

abhilegend

The Hulk held back as I pointed out, and he still won. HOTM was the Hulk on a completely higher level, and if Bob could not beat a weaker level of the Hulk, I would certainly not give him the win against a more potent level. If I did it would be like giving a kid 6-7 plates of food when they could not finish the 1 that I initially gave them.
thumb up

Enzeru
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Hi Rajesh. Once again pretending that you know something else besides Superman comics?

quanchi112
Hi Rajesh. Once again pretending that you know something else besides Superman comics? Who's Rajesh ?

abhilegend
Hi enzeru, trolling again with long posts I see. At least I try to pretend I read comics IYO, you don't even pretend to do that. If you're trying to insult me, you're doing a poor job.

Nihilist
Hi enzeru, trolling again with long posts I see. At least I try to pretend I read comics IYO, you don't even pretend to do that. If you're trying to insult me, you're doing a poor job. Heard that you got banned in cbr where sentry is an "untouchable". laughing out loud banned from CBR, a place were they debate powerset and hes only debates using powersets.... classic

Enzeru
Hi enzeru, trolling again with long posts I see. At least I try to pretend I read comics IYO, you don't even pretend to do that. If you're trying to insult me, you're doing a poor job. Heard that you got banned in cbr where sentry is an "untouchable".

I got banned, because I was messing with the mods. I got banned from Comicvine, because I was messing with one particular, stupid user and provoking the mods during it, who warned me before.

There it goooooes. Long posts are there to explain things. I'm aware that there are enough people on the internet who are mentally way too challenged to keep track with something like that :-|

I'm not trying to insult you. If I would, you would know. I simply like to call you Rajesh, because at tried to flame me, without a valid reason and now it's all gone :-| Good thingy.

Badabing
Guys, shut up...seriously.

abhilegend
No he wasn't banned but read this
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=14313113

Enzeru
^ No he wasn't banned but read this
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=14313113

I was banned and that's the wrong thread, where it came to the ban.

Nihilist
No he wasn't banned but read this
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=14313113 laughing out loud

Why did he call you Rajesh ?

TheHulk
Why Is This Thread unclose so suddenly???

TheHulk
/bump

A challenge was given to me by Quanchi and i shall accept it! The day i fail to defend The Hulk against Quanchi is the day The One Above All is actually Mr Bean!

quanchi112
/bump

A challenge was given to me by Quanchi and i shall accept it! The day i fail to defend The Hulk against Quanchi is the day The One Above All is actually Mr Bean! Challenge accepted.

There's no way for the Hulk to put down this Void. His bones while stronger and more dense sill get broken. Hulk still cries for his mama.

TheHulk
Challenge accepted.

There's no way for the Hulk to put down this Void. His bones while stronger and more dense sill get broken. Hulk still cries for his mama. Hahaha! just a low showing...no better then The Void getting knocked out by a hellicruiser!

quanchi112
Hahaha! just a low showing...no better then The Void getting knocked out by a hellicruiser! Being beaten by the Void isn't a low showing. Ask the Hulk again, Strange, etc. The helicarrier didn't beat him. Did you read the issue ?

TheHulk
Being beaten by the Void isn't a low showing. Ask the Hulk again, Strange, etc. The helicarrier didn't beat him. Did you read the issue ? Lol i meant getting his bone crushed i mean ask any other guy who fought The Void did they get their bone crushed!?

Did the helli stop the void or not hmmmm??

quanchi112
Lol i meant getting his bone crushed i mean ask any other guy who fought The Void did they get their bone crushed!?

Did the helli stop the void or not hmmmm?? No, it just jarred the Bob personality loose. You need to start reading the issues before you put your foot in your mouth.

TheHulk
No, it just jarred the Bob personality loose. You need to start reading the issues before you put your foot in your mouth. The fact a helli can mean something to a top tier charxter says alot and yes i did read the issue!

quanchi112
The fact a helli can mean something to a top tier charxter says alot and yes i did read the issue! The fact he can rip Loki apart and take on an amped avengers team with the likes of Thor simultaneously does mean something. Remember how awesome the Hulk did in hand to hand up against Zeus.

TheHulk
The fact he can rip Loki apart and take on an amped avengers team with the likes of Thor simultaneously does mean something. Remember how awesome the Hulk did in hand to hand up against Zeus. Yes what Void did to the team was very impressive! But HOTM Hulk or even WWH Would have had a good chance of beating that team...

We all knew the circumstances on the Hulk vs Zeus fight alright! Hulk was not there to fight...or atleast not there to fight hard like he usually does...

psycho gundam
His bones while stronger and more dense sill get broken. Hulk still cries for his mama. that was a hulk three steps down from the one not holding back at the climax of HOTM.

hulk has better heat and impact resistance (more like ignorance of no matter the magnitude) feats than PEAK void.

the only thing here is that sentry has some vague " I can come back from death" thing...well not sure if that's even usable in a forum fight, and hulk/banner manipulated everyone into locking them into a dimension where he and his wife would fight full bore for eternity, so even if that power was legal, which one of the two is mentally prepared for such combat in say...two days of fighting? mind you void will be getting hit with punches far more powerful and producing more raw heat than whatever the heroes hit him with even while amped, including thor.

world breaker stomps

come at me

Colossus-Big C
I really dont see how one can argue that Sentry wins.

A vastly weaker hulk than the one in this thread Beat An All Out Sentry, WHILE HOLDING BACK.

HOTM Hulk>>>WWH>WWH(Holding Back)>Sentry.

In Theory This Should be near spite

psycho gundam
sentry won't want to come back after getting hit...twice, once is enough, though

tkitna
Sentry should win

TheHulk
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry should win A ticket to The Hulks Kiss My Gamma Ass Club evil face

Silent Master
The Hulk might be able to beat him, but it took Thor to kill him. Thor >> Hulk

angel

pym-ftw
Bob throws hulk into space

TheHulk
I'm waiting for you Quan!

guy222
hotm stomps bob

not even fair

bbrem123
If void is allowed in this he wins. The only way he loses is if the bob persona starts to resist.

TheHulk
Originally posted by bbrem123
If void is allowed in this he wins. The only way he loses is if the bob persona starts to resist. There can be a arguemenr for HOTM Hulk>Void..

guy222
yup

Horrificus
Are we all forgetting that Sentry WANTED to get hit? agreed

TheHulk
Originally posted by Horrificus
agreed Where does it state he wanted to get hit?

janus77
Hulk stomps Sentry, with ease.

Damborgson
Where does it state he wanted to get hit?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry15.jpg
he wasn't exactly fighting it.

janus77
Where does it state he wanted to get hit?
It wasn't but they're butthurt so it might as well have been.

Their logic is that Hulk hit Sentry, therefore, Sentry must have wanted to get hit.

Given that Sentry was almost killed by IM dumping a hellicarrier on him, doesn't necessarily suggest super-duper FTL speed attacks.

The only time Sentry has begged for death, was in that fight against ALL the Avengers (except for Hulk) and it was only because he wanted to die, that he lost.

Against Hulk, Sentry wanted to completely cut-loose (as he states), to unleash all his power and anger and frustration and just let go. Sentry figured Hulk would be able to take it without much trouble (and he was right).

janus77
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry15.jpg
he wasn't exactly fighting it.
my point about the butthurt smile

Nowhere does he state he wants to get hit, he just wants to go up close and unleash (which is what he does state). The pictures even depict Hulk grabbing Sentry's arm and keeping him in place whilst wailing on him.

Sentry was hoping for a good opening to fully unleash, which he did, but he never expected to beat Hulk (he didn't think he could critically injure Hulk either - as he states, Hulk is the only one he can fully unleash against, Hulk is the only one who can withstand it).

Damborgson
Originally posted by janus77
my point about the butthurt smile

Nowhere does he state he wants to get hit, he just wants to go up close and unleash (which is what he does state). The pictures even depict Hulk grabbing Sentry's arm and keeping him in place whilst wailing on him.

Sentry was hoping for a good opening to fully unleash, which he did, but he never expected to beat Hulk (he didn't think he could critically injure Hulk either - as he states, Hulk is the only one he can fully unleash against, Hulk is the only one who can withstand it).

butthurt about what lol? The only butthurt is from you smile All I did was post two scans.

Sir, if you're missing an arm do you tell people about it? He stood there and let the Hulk hit him. He didn't have to say "I am going to let you hit me" and even then he sorta did. "yes just once more"

He's a speedster who can also fly. The Hulk couldn't keep him in place in the air if he was 10X stronger.

Well he stalemated him so it was pretty good considering he let Hulk hit him as much as he did.

What are you smoking? How did you get THAT out of the fight?

JakeTheBank
erm

Sentry's literally standing there and states "Good, just once more" after Hulk punches him in the face and somehow that's not Sentry wanting to get hit?

abhilegend
Hulk wins.

TheHulk
he wasn't exactly fighting it. That really can be interpreted in a ton of ways..like let's say not really Sentry letting Hulk hit him but when Hulk does hit him he is just glad it happens...I mean seriously I don't think hulk hitting sentry will allow sentry to get stronger...I seriously think Sentry was just,believe it or not "liking" it. I guess that's why he says "thank you" at the end and again it can be interpreted that it could either mean Sentry wanted Hulk to stop him or thanking Hulk for a good fight so He could go all out....

carver9
Sentry didn't let Hulk hit him...Hulk just gained the opportunity when he warned Sentry to stop attacking or he will fight back. Also, let's not forget the fact that Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him and punch him through buildings during the beginning of the fight. This is a two way street.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry didn't let Hulk hit him...Hulk just gained the opportunity when he warned Sentry to stop attacking or he will fight back. Also, let's not forget the fact that Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him and punch him through buildings during the beginning of the fight. This is a two way street. Honestly Carv that's a terrible counter argument.... sad

carver9
Honestly Carv that's a terrible counter argument.... sad

Stop trying to fit in and if my arguments are so terrible, ignore them.

TheHulk
Stop trying to fit in That line got my attention...so what do you mean by that eh!?

UltraSapienWolf
I honestly think Sentry should take this.

TheHulk
Originally posted by UltraSapienWolf
I honestly think Sentry should take this. I honestly think Spider-Man is a High Herald wink

Damborgson
That really can be interpreted in a ton of ways..like let's say not really Sentry letting Hulk hit him but when Hulk does hit him he is just glad it happens...I mean seriously I don't think hulk hitting sentry will allow sentry to get stronger...I seriously think Sentry was just,believe it or not "liking" it. I guess that's why he says "thank you" at the end and again it can be interpreted that it could either mean Sentry wanted Hulk to stop him or thanking Hulk for a good fight so He could go all out....

Because he let Hulk do it. He wanted to feel that pain. But let's not pretend he didn't stay in place and let the Hulk strike him. He wanted a slugfest and he got it.

JakeTheBank
I can wrap my head around HotM Hulk beating WWH era Sentry, but the idea that Bob didn't let - and encourage - Hulk to punch him is ridiculous. I'm not sure how you could otherwise interpret it.

carver9
Hulk let Sentry punch him through buildings in the beginning and Sentry didn't punch Hulk not once during that fight after Hulk started pounding that face in. That fight was far away from a slugfest.

Damborgson
Disagreeing with the pretty pictures on the internet that show the slugfest happening when they're both wrapped in fire isn't a good way to prove your point.

Branlor Swift
The simplest way to prove who's right is to look at the sigs.

And Hulk>>>Thor by far, so really, I can't see how Carver's wrong

Damborgson
changing sigs

carver9
Disagreeing with the pretty pictures on the internet that show the slugfest happening when they're both wrapped in fire isn't a good way to prove your point.

Show me a punch then. Show me a punch during the time they were wrapped in fire. I will provide the scans.

Damborgson
Show me a punch then. Show me a punch during the time they were wrapped in fire. I will provide the scans.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry16.jpg

Branlor Swift
changing sigs Hulk > Straight hair headband asian

Damborgson
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Hulk > Straight hair headband asian

Phuck this shit then.

carver9
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh020.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh021.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh0225.jpg

Hahahahaha...he posted the end of the fight. Here is the rest. Sentry didnt throw a single punch through most of this fight...he blasted him. This was far away from a slug fest. Damborgson is blind as usual.

Branlor Swift
Phuck this shit then. I'd just go to Iron Fist if I were you.

Your word on its own is mud. Your word backed by an Iron Fist? Well, I think the orgasm the online world gets will be enough.

Damborgson

Hahahahaha...he posted the end of the fight. Here is the rest. Sentry didnt throw a single punch through most of this fight...he blasted him. This was far away from a slug fest. Damborgson is blind as usual.

lmao at the butthurt. You asked for a trading of punches when they were wrapped in fire. I posted it. "BUT NAW THERE WUZ BLASTING B4!!!11!" So? It still ended in a slugfest with the trading of punches like Sentry wanted. Deal with it and stop spazzing.

carver9
lmao at the butthurt. You asked for a trading of punches when they were wrapped in fire. I posted it. "BUT NAW THERE WUZ BLASTING B4!!!11!" So? It still ended in a slugfest with the trading of punches like Sentry wanted. Deal with it and stop spazzing.

You can't prove that was a punch from Sentry though and you were wrong when you said "Sentry chose to brawl with Hulk" because 99% of that fight was him blasting.

confused

Damborgson
What do you mean I can't prove that was a punch from Sentry? The scan shows him punching Hulk. If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly since I didn't say that. 99% of the fight lmao. Using percentages based on nothing to try and add weight to your argument?

carver9
What do you mean I can't prove that was a punch from Sentry? The scan shows him punching Hulk. If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly since I didn't say that. 99% of the fight lmao. Using percentages based on nothing to try and add weight to your argument?

I'm seeing Hulk with a bolt of light circling his head (which means Sentry was blasting him).

You said Sentry chose to brawl with Hulk. Sentry didn't brawl in that fight since pretty much everything he did involved energy...including that tornado full of energy circling them. You were wrong bro...just deal with it.

thanos-prime
Hulk easy

guy222
thumb up

bbrem123
sentry

Villelater
The Incredible Hulk...i miss that title

Damborgson
I'm seeing Hulk with a bolt of light circling his head (which means Sentry was blasting him).

You said Sentry chose to brawl with Hulk. Sentry didn't brawl in that fight since pretty much everything he did involved energy...including that tornado full of energy circling them. You were wrong bro...just deal with it.

It honestly doesn't matter what you see since you're wrong.

I said a slugfest, and they did I posted the scan.

Quoting me wrong, breaks your entire argument. I said he wanted to slug it out. And he did. Punch for punch until they reverted. He wanted to use his potential and his powers. and he did. I proved this(not much to prove though since it was supposed to be common knowledge.), I posted the scans, you know this, so you're trolling and desperately clinging to something that is not there despite getting smacked right in the face with it.

The sentry LET Hulk hit him, just like Hulk let Sentry hit him at the beginning of the fight. Why? Because he wanted it. He wanted to slug it out and they did. A good old fight that I enjoyed reading.

You trying to turn it into some mega speed feat for Hulk or trying to make it into a bloodlusted serious Sentry is the epitome of ridiculousness, along with those backing you up (Janus, and Hulk). Except the fight for the feat it was and stop with the blatant, obvious, misinterpretations to try and back up your boy. Because contrary to popular opinion you are NOT stupid and know exactly what you're saying.

TheHulk
Because he let Hulk do it. He wanted to feel that pain. But let's not pretend he didn't stay in place and let the Hulk strike him. He wanted a slugfest and he got it. and Sentry lost at the end...to be fair Sentry got in more hits on WWH even if Sentry welcomed The Hulks punch with a smile..of course like Carver says most of the hits i'm talking about were those ''Blast''...

TheHulk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I can wrap my head around HotM Hulk beating WWH era Sentry, but the idea that Bob didn't let - and encourage - Hulk to punch him is ridiculous. I'm not sure how you could otherwise interpret it. Just because you see it that way does not mean you have to force it down peoples throat Jakey...Hell the only one whose opinion truely matters on this argument is Pak himself since he was the one who wrote the damn issue and can interpret it anyway he wants...

-Pr-

Warned.

TheHulk
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry16.jpg Gotta admit..Carvers right i don't see a punch...and just because he clenched his fist does not mean he was about to punch..well not in comics at least...

TheHulk
It honestly doesn't matter what you see since you're wrong.

I said a slugfest, and they did I posted the scan.

Quoting me wrong, breaks your entire argument. I said he wanted to slug it out. And he did. Punch for punch until they reverted. He wanted to use his potential and his powers. and he did. I proved this(not much to prove though since it was supposed to be common knowledge.), I posted the scans, you know this, so you're trolling and desperately clinging to something that is not there despite getting smacked right in the face with it.

The sentry LET Hulk hit him, just like Hulk let Sentry hit him at the beginning of the fight. Why? Because he wanted it. He wanted to slug it out and they did. A good old fight that I enjoyed reading.

You trying to turn it into some mega speed feat for Hulk or trying to make it into a bloodlusted serious Sentry is the epitome of ridiculousness, along with those backing you up (Janus, and Hulk). Except the fight for the feat it was and stop with the blatant, obvious, misinterpretations to try and back up your boy. Because contrary to popular opinion you are NOT stupid and know exactly what you're saying. I would have agreed with this but then you mention me backing him up...what's wrong with you man? Carvers right in one thing the entire fight was not a slugfest...first it was Sentry blasting the **** out of Hulk and then when wrapped around fire only then it was a pure fist fight...so in all honesty it's almost half the fight Sentry blasting Hulk and the other is Hulk vs Sentry slugfest...no way there is a ''majority of the fight was a..''

Horrificus
Gotta admit..Carvers right i don't see a punch...and just because he clenched his fist does not mean he was about to punch..well not in comics at least... True.
Sometimes when an artist draws a "fist", the character is simply squishing some grapes.

carver9
Lol...horrific is hilarious.

As for the Sentry and Hulk fight...lol, Sentry threw one punch that entire fight and the rest of his attacks were blast. Lol at that being called a fist fight. Laugh my chocolate a** off.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Horrificus
True.
Sometimes when an artist draws a "fist", the character is simply squishing some grapes. Or! just draws whats suppose to draw...a huge fight fueled with anything that has to do with violence...

TheHulk

As for the Sentry and Hulk fight...lol, Sentry threw one punch that entire fight and the rest of his attacks were blast. Lol at that being called a fist fight. Laugh my chocolate a** off. Untill now i feel that fight was disturbing....

Damborgson
I would have agreed with this but then you mention me backing him up...what's wrong with you man? Carvers right in one thing the entire fight was not a slugfest...first it was Sentry blasting the **** out of Hulk and then when wrapped around fire only then it was a pure fist fight...so in all honesty it's almost half the fight Sentry blasting Hulk and the other is Hulk vs Sentry slugfest...no way there is a ''majority of the fight was a..''

I couldn't care less if you agreed or not to be honest. You can go ahead and quote me where I said the entire fight was a slugfest I'm sure? Go bother someone else.

As for the Sentry and Hulk fight...lol, Sentry threw one punch that entire fight and the rest of his attacks were blast. Lol at that being called a fist fight. Laugh my chocolate a** off.

Lmao at the utter pansy behavior on your part. Won't reply because he knows how deep he's in so he takes indirect shots. So lame.

TheHulk
I couldn't care less if you agreed or not to be honest. You can go ahead and quote me where I said the entire fight was a slugfest I'm sure? Go bother someone else.

Lmao at the utter pansy behavior on your part. Won't reply because he knows how deep he's in so he takes indirect shots. So lame. You didn't Damborgy lol but did you think it was a slugfest? if so..then lol you and i were wrong......that and still that scan you posted never actually did show Sentry punching Hulk...

psycho gundam
Except where he punches hulk in the second panel, then again before the big explosion
Carver makes everyone dumber

Damborgson
You didn't Damborgy lol but did you think it was a slugfest? if so..then lol you and i were wrong......that and still that scan you posted never actually did show Sentry punching Hulk...

I said Sentry wanted a slug fest and he got one. I'm not compromising since there's nothing to compromise about. I post a scan of punches, and people say there were no punches. You give Hulk fans a bad name.

TheHulk
I said Sentry wanted a slug fest and he got one. I'm not compromising since there's nothing to compromise about. I post a scan of punches, and people say there were no punches. You give Hulk fans a bad name. I said if you *thought* it was a slugfest then you were wrong..HELL! Most people view this fight as a slugfest so for once Carver might have proved everyone wrong and that he was right sick

Why are you shitting on me? I already admit you did not say it was a slugfest and yes i did see your post on how you believe Sentry wanted a slugfest and he got one..yet you are saying i give Hulk fans a bad name lol.

TheHulk
Except where he punches hulk in the second panel, then again before the big explosion
Carver makes everyone dumber It was just Sentry clenching his fist...and then next you see is that hand is on Hulk(most likely his stomach)....i really don't believe just because it's suppose to be in sequence means Sentry punched him but either way i seriously could give less a crap whether it was punch or not..maybe it was or maybe it's not..still does not chance anything in this thread..

psycho gundam
they are punching each other. ever watch a hockey fight? they are doing that

TheHulk
they are punching each other. ever watch a hockey fight? they are doing that I don't care anymore! Carver put tons of scans where Sentry was blasting the shit out of him...i look at the comic again and...his right...alright let's say it was a punch in the second panel..then it would have been the 2-4 punches in that entire..against almost 7-12 blast from Sentry

Damborgson
I said if you *thought* it was a slugfest then you were wrong..HELL! Most people view this fight as a slugfest so for once Carver might have proved everyone wrong and that he was right sick

Why are you shitting on me? I already admit you did not say it was a slugfest and yes i did see your post on how you believe Sentry wanted a slugfest and he got one..yet you are saying i give Hulk fans a bad name lol.

I don't care what you said, you've backtracked so much you probably don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

Because you think it's cute to talk about things you don't know on. And because I don't like you. Did me blocking you on the tube, and slapping your boyfriend around that you tried to sic on me not give you the hint?

I've met multiple Hulk fans who know what they're talking about and provide argument that make sense. They most certainly don't deny a punch happening on panel. So yeah you do give them a bad name.

Now I'm going to stop replying, before I actually begin to bash you and get in trouble. Later.

Colossus-Big C
This hotm hulk here, it doesnt matter if he physically hits sentry

Damborgson
Well yeah HOTM Hulk beats WWH Sentry comfortably imo.

TheHulk
I don't care what you said, you've backtracked so much you probably don't even know what you're talking about anymore. I read this entire thread all over again! I am no way ''backtracked''

Because you think it's cute to talk about things you don't know on. And because I don't like you. Did me blocking you on the tube, and slapping your boyfriend around that you tried to sic on me not give you the hint? Talk about things i don't know? i read WWH Many times to know what happen in that fight..i admit i never examine it properly though...but let's face it the fight was almost a Blastfest..not a ''slugfest sentry wanted''

I've met multiple Hulk fans who know what they're talking about and provide argument that make sense. They most certainly don't deny a punch happening on panel. So yeah you do give them a bad name. Yes. you told this to me many times...but why should i give a crap how many hulks fan got your back...at the end of the day Comic debaters will agree to other debaters when they say good stuff about their favorite character,Whether it's a Superman fan agreeing with a Thor fan or a Hulk fan agreeing with a Doomsday fan..it's all the same! It's either argue or compliment.

Now I'm going to stop replying, before I actually begin to bash you and get in trouble. Later. Fine.

TheHulk
I just love who people classify Sentry as WWH Sentry...it's seriously not as if they are different characters..

DarkSaint85
Is Sentry Voiding out?

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is Sentry Voiding out? no...i did make a HOTM Hulk vs Void thread...

DarkSaint85
Well, its kinda a weird thread.

WWH and Sentry only just about stalemated (of course, arguments could be made that WWH beat him).

Now you put an exponentially more powerful Hulk, but the same Sentry....

psycho gundam
it's hard to say "hulk wins", you mean

TheHulk

WWH and Sentry only just about stalemated (of course, arguments could be made that WWH beat him).

Now you put an exponentially more powerful Hulk, but the same Sentry.... I actually think there is more to that fight...Sentry with past displays did show power above what he showed in WWH,So that's why i considered the WWH vs Sentry Fight a solid comic win/stalemate. But a forum win is still debatable....lol remember Enzeru?

DarkSaint85
it's hard to say "hulk wins", you mean

Not really.

Hulk stomps.

Its just...well, there's nothing to debate, right?

In other words, a spite thread.

Or do you have something to say for Sentry?

TheHulk
Not really.

Hulk stomps.

Its just...well, there's nothing to debate, right?

In other words, a spite thread.

Or do you have something to say for Sentry? Read Enzeru post in the first part of the thread...he literally does it for me....

bbrem123

Now you put an exponentially more powerful Hulk, but the same Sentry.... haha yea what? If that is the case this is a stupid thread

quanchi112
Yes what Void did to the team was very impressive! But HOTM Hulk or even WWH Would have had a good chance of beating that team...

We all knew the circumstances on the Hulk vs Zeus fight alright! Hulk was not there to fight...or atleast not there to fight hard like he usually does... Hulk was there to fight. Hulk goaded Zeus into hand to hand after he was initially ko'd by one bolt. Hulk got his shit pushed in. Simple.

WW Hulk took on multiple top tiers by themselves so it's unlikely he'd have a chance against this team let alone with Loki's aid in amping them all.

Void's highest moments are far higher and include him leaving the Hulk in the E. R. That's not abc logic that's called getting your ass whooped. Void's on another level and physical contact isn't beating him unless his guilt brings him down and he wants to die. Originally posted by psycho gundam
that was a hulk three steps down from the one not holding back at the climax of HOTM.

hulk has better heat and impact resistance (more like ignorance of no matter the magnitude) feats than PEAK void.

the only thing here is that sentry has some vague " I can come back from death" thing...well not sure if that's even usable in a forum fight, and hulk/banner manipulated everyone into locking them into a dimension where he and his wife would fight full bore for eternity, so even if that power was legal, which one of the two is mentally prepared for such combat in say...two days of fighting? mind you void will be getting hit with punches far more powerful and producing more raw heat than whatever the heroes hit him with even while amped, including thor.

world breaker stomps

come at me Resisting MM's powers and overpowering him is far better than Hulk's best. Hulk looked impressive in terms of collateral damage against an equal opponent but that wouldn't defeat the Void since he simply reforms and can tentacle rape the Hulk. He's done so before on panel. Void's initial appearance >>>Reed, Strange, Hulk, Thor eclipses the Hulk's greatest moments minus the Void being in the same story.

Open your mouth wide here I cum.

I'm waiting for you Quan! Be careful what you wish for.

TheHulk
Be careful what you wish for. Whats the matter Quanchi? CHICKEN!? stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Resisting MM's powers and overpowering him is far better than Hulk's best. Hulk looked impressive in terms of collateral damage against an equal opponent but that wouldn't defeat the Void since he simply reforms and can tentacle rape the Hulk. He's done so before on panel. Void's initial appearance >>>Reed, Strange, Hulk, Thor eclipses the Hulk's greatest moments minus the Void being in the same story. lol

Hulk looked impressive in terms of collateral damage against an equal opponent but that wouldn't defeat the Void since he simply reforms and
as predicted

GG, quan

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>