Superman vs Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Firelord at full power vs

1. Regular superman
2. Superman prime
3. Superman 1 million
4. Pc Superman

Who wins and why?

h1a8
normal superman 10/10
speed kills

guy222
where's kril from gotg

stick out tongue

zopzop
A PISless Firelord can beat the tar out of Superman. I see Superman getting the upper hand at first, then I see Firelord putting 2 and 2 together, then the fight is over.

Firelord for the majority 6/10 in Scenario 1.

He loses the other 3, not fair really sad

abhilegend
Superman in all 4.

guy222
kril can defeat supes

2-4 geez

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
A PISless Firelord can beat the tar out of Superman. I see Superman getting the upper hand at first, then I see Firelord putting 2 and 2 together, then the fight is over.

guy222
love zop's posts

h1a8

Superman would physically beat the tar out of Firelord. He is far stronger and far faster in combat.

Why would you even think that firelord wins against someone who's feats dwarf him so much? That's just pure bias.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman would physically beat the tar out of Firelord. He is far stronger and far faster in combat.

Why would you even think that firelord wins against someone who's feats dwarf him so much? That's just pure bias.

Because he's gone toe to toe vs Thor on multiple occasions and swatted Mjolnir away like it was a child's toy.

A PISless Firelord would be a terror, especially against solar based characters like Superman.

guy222
too many look at spidey defeating kril

they forget spidey has defeated hulk and others

that's not a fair assessment of kril's powerset

he can defeat supes

2-4 not fair to pyreus kril

h1a8
Because he's gone toe to toe vs Thor on multiple occasions and swatted Mjolnir away like it was a child's toy.

A PISless Firelord would be a terror, especially against solar based characters like Superman. Going toe to toe with Thor doesn't mean that Superman's feats don't dwarf that. Ulik went toe to toe with Thor too on multiple occasions, so has Hulk. ABC logic doesn't work and if it did then Superman would still beat the tar out of firelord since he can possibly beat Thor.

Firelord didn't swat it away with his hand so it means nothing. Give Superman the staff and he would swat Mjolnir away even with more power. Any class 100 (even Thing) can swat Mjolnir away if they had an indestructible object to do so.

LOL, at you valuing swatting Mjolnir away with a device as being greater than anything Superman has ever done. Shame on you.

zopzop
Going toe to toe with Thor doesn't mean that Superman's feats don't dwarf that. Ulik went toe to toe with Thor too on multiple occasions, so has Hulk. ABC logic doesn't work and if it did then Superman would still beat the tar out of firelord since he can possibly beat Thor.

Firelord didn't swat it away with his hand so it means nothing. Give Superman the staff and he would swat Mjolnir away even with more power. Any class 100 (even Thing) can swat Mjolnir away if they had an indestructible object to do so.

LOL, at you valuing swatting Mjolnir away with a device as being greater than anything Superman has ever done. Shame on you.

http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc87/th_79958_thethor2.jpg

http://img13.imagevenue.com/loc132/th_80109_thorfin6.jpg

VS
Eat hammer b|tch! laughing
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7210/677693ownedsuper.th.jpg

In forum fights, characters don't have "writer armor" to protect their ass. PISless Firelord takes the majority vs Superman.

-Pr-
Superman doesn't need writer armour to compete with other heralds.

carver9
Going toe to toe with Thor doesn't mean that Superman's feats don't dwarf that. Ulik went toe to toe with Thor too on multiple occasions, so has Hulk. ABC logic doesn't work and if it did then Superman would still beat the tar out of firelord since he can possibly beat Thor.

Looking at fts...Thor>>>Wonder Woman but you give Wonder Woman the nod against Thor. Looking at fts, Hulk>>> all Doomsday (minus HP PROBABLY) but you give Doomsday the win over Hulk. Looking at fts, Thanos>>>Darkseid but you tend to throw out what Doomsday did to Darkseid as some indication of what he will do to Thanos. Fts are good and all but Superman showings are more consistent than Firelord. The minimum showings firelord does have proves that he can hang with Superman. He has given Surfer and Thor HELL on multiple of occasions.

CosmicComet
No writer armor to protect Firelord from getting blitzed either.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-

Depends on what herald. Against a flying brick that's the humanoid equivalent to a small star (complete control over heat, light, gravity, EM spectrum, etc...), he needs that and more.

carver9

I agree with this...I think a fight between the two would be amazing...its not a stomp in either favor.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Looking at fts...Thor>>>Wonder Woman but you give Wonder Woman the nod against Thor. Looking at fts, Hulk>>> all Doomsday (minus HP PROBABLY) but you give Doomsday the win over Hulk. Looking at fts, Thanos>>>Darkseid but you tend to throw out what Doomsday did to Darkseid as some indication of what he will do to Thanos. Fts are good and all but Superman showings are more consistent than Firelord. The minimum showings firelord does have proves that he can hang with Superman. He has given Surfer and Thor HELL on multiple of occasions.

Stop giving opinions like they're facts.

Depends on what herald. Against a flying brick that's the humanoid equivalent to a small star (complete control over heat, light, gravity, EM spectrum, etc...), he needs that and more.

Why? He's fought energy manipulators before. And even IF he'd beat, say, the first Superman on the list, are you going to argue that he beats the other three?

carver9
Stop giving opinions like they're facts.

Why? He's fought energy manipulators before. And even IF he'd beat, say, the first Superman on the list, are you going to argue that he beats the other three?

confused What are you talking about?

-Pr-

This "looking at fts", or "going by feats" thing you like to do.

zopzop

Never. I even said, he (Firelord) loses the last three scenarios badly. He beats Superman in scenario 1 only.

-Pr-
Never. I even said, he (Firelord) loses the last three scenarios badly. He beats Superman in scenario 1 only.

By how much, and how/why, out of curiosity.

carver9
This "looking at fts", or "going by feats" thing you like to do.

Lol...you don't like that huh?

zopzop
By how much, and how/why, out of curiosity.

He gets crushed. I probably wouldn't give him one win.

-Pr-

Why?

carver9

WTF. Are you serious? This is Superman we are talking about.

Nihilist
Superman stomps in every match

zopzop
Why?

Superman Prime on up are too much for a herald leveler like Firelord. In scenario 2 and up, he'd be going against Trans Tier beings. He's not winning that fight.

zopzop
Why?

Bah I misunderstood your question.

In scenario 1, I'd give it to Firelord 6/10. Superman can win some, it's just that Firelord will take the majority. Firelord's ability to drain/manipulate energy over the entire EM spectrum (guess what red sun radiation falls under and yes he'd sense it with his "Cosmic Senses"wink, the fact that his "fire" isn't really solar at all but (quoting Surfer) "the product of Galactus' alien science" (meaning his blasts won't empower Superman in any way) and the fact that the Power Cosmic is just too versatile (PIS off).

SquallX

Thanos doesn't have better feats than Darkseid.

-Pr-
Bah I misunderstood your question.

In scenario 1, I'd give it to Firelord 6/10. Superman can win some, it's just that Firelord will take the majority. Firelord's ability to drain/manipulate energy over the entire EM spectrum (guess what red sun radiation falls under and yes he'd sense it with his "Cosmic Senses"wink, the fact that his "fire" isn't really solar at all but (quoting Surfer) "the product of Galactus' alien science" (meaning his blasts won't empower Superman in any way) and the fact that the Power Cosmic is just too versatile (PIS off).

so you're basically saying "cosmic awareness" + "power cosmic" = win?

zopzop
so you're basically saying "cosmic awareness" + "power cosmic" = win?

And his ability to go toe to toe with legit Cl100 beings, yes. His durability +cosmic senses + power cosmic (and his total control over stellar energies). This is basically his fight to lose.

-Pr-
And his ability to go toe to toe with legit Cl100 beings, yes. His durability +cosmic senses + power cosmic (and his total control over stellar energies). This is basically his fight to lose.

"total control over stellar energies"

elaborate please.

we'll leave the cosmic awareness out for now, cos i know we're not going to agree on that, so no point lol

zopzop
"total control over stellar energies"

elaborate please.

we'll leave the cosmic awareness out for now, cos i know we're not going to agree on that, so no point lol

There's scans in his respect thread of him using that ability 2 or 3 times. So it's a legit power. His cosmic senses that is.

Leaving aside the power cosmic, he's the humanoid equivalent to a small star (heat, light, radio waves, EM spectrum of energies, gravity). He's not just some "cosmic" version of the Human Torch. On panel Silver Surfer stated that Firelord's "fire" isn't even stellar in origin but "a product of Galactus' alien science". Add to that, Firelord also has energy drain/absorption feats on panel.

-Pr-
There's scans in his respect thread of him using that ability 2 or 3 times. So it's a legit power. His cosmic senses that is.

Leaving aside the power cosmic, he's the humanoid equivalent to a small star (heat, light, radio waves, EM spectrum of energies, gravity). He's not just some "cosmic" version of the Human Torch. On panel Silver Surfer stated that Firelord's "fire" isn't even stellar in origin but "a product of Galactus' alien science". Add to that, Firelord also has energy drain/absorption feats on panel.

I was asking more about what it was, than whether he had used it much. stick out tongue

Energy draining is all well and good, but Superman recharges awfully quickly. Can he block him from the sun? Would he realistically do it in a fight?

zopzop
I was asking more about what it was, than whether he had used it much. stick out tongue

Energy draining is all well and good, but Superman recharges awfully quickly. Can he block him from the sun? Would he realistically do it in a fight?

The thing is, Superman is unique amongst bricks in that he's basically a walking plant. Getting his power from solar energy and being weak vs a specific spectrum of energy (red sun radiation). In the fights Firelord has been in with bricks and others, he's never needed to do anything other than blast/dodge/use his staff.

Against an opponent like Superman, Firelord would truly shine. Energy draining, red sun radiation blasts or even better, surround himself with a HUGE aura of red sun radiation or power cosmic "fire" like he did vs the Silver Surfer that caused the Surfer to flee outside the aura.

Superman is a dream opponent for Firelord.

guy222
i can make threads where those supes loses but that's petty

kril can defeat superman its not that hard to see

whether anyone believes that's on u

for me....kril ftw 2-4 isn't a fair match for pyreus kril we all see that don't we

carver9
Guy...do you have that firelord vs Surfer fight where he was hitting Surfer with blasts hotter than the sun?

iceman24567
Superman wins

-Pr-
The thing is, Superman is unique amongst bricks in that he's basically a walking plant. Getting his power from solar energy and being weak vs a specific spectrum of energy (red sun radiation). In the fights Firelord has been in with bricks and others, he's never needed to do anything other than blast/dodge/use his staff.

Against an opponent like Superman, Firelord would truly shine. Energy draining, red sun radiation blasts or even better, surround himself with a HUGE aura of red sun radiation or power cosmic "fire" like he did vs the Silver Surfer that caused the Surfer to flee outside the aura.

Superman is a dream opponent for Firelord.

So you're talking about things that he hasn't done, but could do? I'm not being difficult or insinuating anything, Firelord is just someone I'm not entirely familiar with.

iceman24567
Yeah since when did Firelord energy drain and ect? Just because he's Superman it doesn't mean Kril will change how he fights erm. Plus i have never seen Firelord use his cosmic awareness to the level Surfer has.

zopzop
So you're talking about things that he hasn't done, but could do? I'm not being difficult or insinuating anything, Firelord is just someone I'm not entirely familiar with.

I know and understand. I'm just pointing out he's never needed to do the red sun/energy weakness thing against a foe because he's never faced a foe with that huge and gaping vulnerability before. That's why I say Superman man is Firelord's ideal foe.

He has the energy manip/drain feats on panel. On panel it was stated that his "fire" isn't stellar or even really fire at all but 'the product of Galactus' alien science' that caused the Surfer to flee his huge aura. He has the cosmic senses feat/statements on panel at least 2 or 3 times.

zopzop
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah since when did Firelord energy drain and ect? Just because he's Superman it doesn't mean Kril will change how he fights erm. Plus i have never seen Firelord use his cosmic awareness to the level Surfer has.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t438483.html

He's used it enough times, considering his limited appearances, for it to be considered a legit power. The level of it compared to Surfer isn't an issue here.

guy222
Guy...do you have that firelord vs Surfer fight where he was hitting Surfer with blasts hotter than the sun?

i do buddy

cdtm

A PISless Firelord would be a terror, especially against solar based characters like Superman.

If Thor can go toe to toe with him, that basically proves Superman can too.

Unless you think Thor stomps Superman, in which case my reply is laughing out loud

cdtm
So, Firelord basically uses the PC to emit solar radiation, right?

Wouldn't that empower Supes?

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
If Thor can go toe to toe with him, that basically proves Superman can too.

Unless you think Thor stomps Superman, in which case my reply is laughing out loud
Way to totally miss my point. Firelord's powers make him one of THE guys capable of taking down Superman. Cosimic senses? Check. Herald level physical stats? Check. Herald level energy manip powers? Check. Capable of going toe to toe with Superman AND exploiting his weaknesses? Check.
So, Firelord basically uses the PC to emit solar radiation, right?

Wouldn't that empower Supes?
No. Firelord's power isn't stellar/solar. The Surfer stated that "The heat of stars is nothing to me, but Firelord's power is a result of Galactus' alien science." It's not "fire" and it's not "stellar/solar" it's the Power Cosmic. Check his respect thread that I linked to, the scan is there.

cdtm
Way to totally miss my point. Firelord's powers make him one of THE guys capable of taking down Superman. Cosimic senses? Check. Herald level physical stats? Check. Herald level energy manip powers? Check. Capable of going toe to toe with Superman AND exploiting his weaknesses? Check.

And again, Thor could go toe to toe with him. The only thing that spells trouble for Superman is possible weakness exploitation, and we'd need proof he could even exploit them (Like whether there's any reason to believe he can emmit red solar radiation, or even sense Supermans weaknesses like Norrin did with Gladiators weakness..)

-Pr-
TBH, cosmic awareness gets overplayed way too much on this forum.

Unless Firelord is particularly adept at it.

abhilegend
Lulz at this thread. Kal has taken a blast equal to 50 supernovas while being bombarded by red sun radiation by a sun eater. People act like heralds use cosmic awareness all the time, if that's the case superman goes intangible and removes firelord's heart. Firelord's not genis or hell even surfer.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lulz at this thread. Kal has taken a blast equal to 50 supernovas while being bombarded by red sun radiation by a sun eater. People act like heralds use cosmic awareness all the time, if that's the case superman goes intangible and removes firelord's heart. Firelord's not genis or hell even surfer.

So in that case nothing below a 50 supernova blast would hurt him amirite?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Firelord vs. Superman is an interesting fight. He should definitely be able to hold his own against Superman in a battle, but with his affinity for flames and what not, if he discovers that Kal-El is vulnerable to specific radiation wave lengths, he'd win. That's not his regular mo from what I remember in his battles against Thor, but he might be able to sense that his power source is Solar based. Pretty sure he did something like that in a battle with Quasar and/or the X-men.

Not really decided on a winner, his energy projection will definitely hurt Superman but I don't think it's quite enough to knock him out before he gets his lights punched out.

1) Horrible logic.

2) When did Superman withstand an explosion equivalent to 50 Supernovas? As I recall, the comic made it explicitly clear that it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even hit by the electromagnetic shockwave or whatever.

-Pr-

You're not helping.

Damborgson
Lulz at this thread. Kal has taken a blast equal to 50 supernovas while being bombarded by red sun radiation by a sun eater. People act like heralds use cosmic awareness all the time, if that's the case superman goes intangible and removes firelord's heart. Firelord's not genis or hell even surfer. no expression

Bentley
Supes edged out Firelord, but it's very close.

JakeTheBank

Err...

Firelord holding his own against Thor - among other feats - firmly places him in the Mid/High Herald bracket and makes him a good opponent for Superman. Not sure what that feat is supposed to mean unless you think that's something like the norm for Superman, which it's clearly not. Using Cosmic Awareness to weakness exploit =/= Superman going intangible and murdering someone.

Anyway, Superman gets the majority, but he doesn't stomp Firelord at all.

dmills
Kril is a tough dude but I could never envision him defeating Supes. Having said that, I'm seeing some good arguments on his behalf. Good shyte zop. But as you know I always gotta tease you and guy about this...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1326094995.jpg

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

1) Horrible logic.

What horrible logic, aren't we debating powersets here unless you know an instance where firelord produced red sun light let alone used his cosmic awareness to find out weaknesses in the heat of battle?

Uh-huh,
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5113/18eh0.jpg
He was caught in the perimeter of initial blast and flung back. The fallout of that blast was lethal to him. Anyway, he was able to outrace light in such a weakened state. He has also fought eradicator under a red sun and was flung in that sun twice after getting a brutal beating from him and still survived. I don't know how red sun light equates to win. However if we are using only powersets kal beats firelord's face in a few nano seconds by several planet busting punches. After all hercules made firelord see stars by just a left hook.

cdtm
As I recall, the comic made it explicitly clear that it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even hit by the electromagnetic shockwave or whatever.

He was hit by the initial explosion, which was 50 times the size of a named super nova, but never got hit by the slower moving entropy wave (As it would wipe him out, since it could take out a Sun Eater.)

And as for the comic explicitly saying it never happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/21.jpg

It was implied. It's kind of an outlandish story, but how much would John really know about Sun Eaters or Entropy bombs?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What horrible logic, aren't we debating powersets here unless you know an instance where firelord produced red sun light let alone used his cosmic awareness to find out weaknesses in the heat of battle?

Your horrible logic. Even if Firelord was getting a bit too much benefit of the doubt, you said Kal-El would vibrate through all of his attacks and rip out his heart. Not only did you go CBR, you completely ignored the core of the character. What I said stands.

And this thread is only 3 pages in, a bit early to fight fire with fire.

Uh-huh,
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5113/18eh0.jpg
He was caught in the perimeter of initial blast and flung back. The fallout of that blast was lethal to him. Anyway, he was able to outrace light in such a weakened state. He has also fought eradicator under a red sun and was flung in that sun twice after getting a brutal beating from him and still survived. I don't know how red sun light equates to win. However if we are using only powersets kal beats firelord's face in a few nano seconds by several planet busting punches. After all hercules made firelord see stars by just a left hook.

Maybe I'm just not getting it but from what I can tell, I'd argue he was hit by the electromagnetic shock wave but the actual explosion (And radiation) of the event didn't hit him and it wouldn't be something that he could survive. Superman didn't go faster than light, in that condition it wasn't something he'd be capable of, at least for anything more than a moment: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3681/19ot8.jpg

Clark's resistance to red solar radiation like most shit fluctuates, I haven't read the Eradicator scene you're referring to (If you have scans or an issue number, it'd be appreciated) but he did survive flying through a Red Star against Prime so it's no always an instant win. That being said, if Firelord does resort to such a move (I'm not suggesting it's a go-tactic or anything, like I said earlier, not his mo), then it's enough to tip the scales in his favor. His not as powerful as the Surfer, but his still a potent opponent.

And yes, there have been times where Red Solar Radiation has straight up crippled Clark, so I wouldn't fault someone for thinking it's an instant win. There's just evidence to the contrary so it's best to find a middle ground.

Hercules once knocked Krill off his feet if that's what you mean. Not really sure what that proves though.

h1a8
I know and understand. I'm just pointing out he's never needed to do the red sun/energy weakness thing against a foe because he's never faced a foe with that huge and gaping vulnerability before. That's why I say Superman man is Firelord's ideal foe.

He has the energy manip/drain feats on panel. On panel it was stated that his "fire" isn't stellar or even really fire at all but 'the product of Galactus' alien science' that caused the Surfer to flee his huge aura. He has the cosmic senses feat/statements on panel at least 2 or 3 times.

The thing is you can't have Firelord fight in ways he was never shown otherwise Superman can speed blitz him for the instant win.

You are arguing the hypothetical argument (the CIS off kind). You must stick to things firelord has done on panel in a fight. Has firelord used cosmic awareness in battle to find weaknesses and how fast has he used it?

With that said, Superman beats him through sheer physical force, speed, and skill. Firelord will have no time to do anything but get his butt stomp. He may get a lick or two off Superman but not much after that since Superman would turn up the heat to a level where Firelord can't stand.

cdtm
Thinking it over:

Maybe it happened, but not like Johns saying? The fishing is supposed to be an allegory for his fish story, basically? He said the entropy wave was heading towards him at the speed of light, while Superman was right next to it, and he had time to pick him up? Doesn't make much sense..

abhilegend
Your horrible logic. Even if Firelord was getting a bit too much benefit of the doubt, you said Kal-El would vibrate through all of his attacks and rip out his heart. Not only did you go CBR, you completely ignored the core of the character. What I said stands.

And this thread is only 3 pages in, a bit early to fight fire with fire.

Maybe I'm just not getting it but from what I can tell, I'd argue he was hit by the electromagnetic shock wave but the actual explosion (And radiation) of the event didn't hit him and it wouldn't be something that he could survive. Superman didn't go faster than light, in that condition it wasn't something he'd be capable of, at least for anything more than a moment: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3681/19ot8.jpg

Clark's resistance to red solar radiation like most shit fluctuates, I haven't read the Eradicator scene you're referring to (If you have scans or an issue number, it'd be appreciated) but he did survive flying through a Red Star against Prime so it's no always an instant win. That being said, if Firelord does resort to such a move (I'm not suggesting it's a go-tactic or anything, like I said earlier, not his mo), then it's enough to tip the scales in his favor. His not as powerful as the Surfer, but his still a potent opponent.

And yes, there have been times where Red Solar Radiation has straight up crippled Clark, so I wouldn't fault someone for thinking it's an instant win. There's just evidence to the contrary so it's best to find a middle ground.

Hercules once knocked Krill off his feet if that's what you mean. Not really sure what that proves though.
So we are using only superman in character, gotcha. Why don't you tell me of an instance where Krill produced red sun light using cosmic awareness because phasing is done by Kal several times (phasing against doomsday rex, against mongul and mongal's energy blasts etc). I can use counter-vibration too, you know.

He was hit by initial blasts and flung back, he then outflew radiation, you are just ignoring on panel feats.

It was one of the most brutal beatings he has got.
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Gives Superman the worst pwning he's ever gotten. Even Death of Superman DD did not whoop the Man of Steel this badly.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4285/supermanv2057p31wl8.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1918/supermanv2057p32ed9.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5134/supermanv2057p33ow2.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8726/supermanv2057p34wd3.th.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/117/supermanv2057p35xz6.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5688/supermanv2057p36ig3.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1672/supermanv2057p37zd9.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1854/supermanv2057p38cz5.th.jpg
Except of mcduffie nerfing superman, I'm drawing blank where did red sunlight outright cripple Kal. You tell me. Superman 7/10.

abhilegend
I forgot these

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman escapes the Red sun...so what does Eradicator do?

He tosses him back in.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8346/adventuresofsuperman480fu8.th.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6803/adventuresofsuperman480so4.th.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6844/adventuresofsuperman480yz9.th.jpg

DARTH POWER
Take out possible weakness exploitation and Supes wins the majority. Cant really see Firelord bringing anything to the table that Supes cant handle. Will it be easy? No. No mid-high herald would go down without a good fight.

How badly did those blasts hurt Surfer??

Btw Im almost certain Supes heat vision is hotter than the sun as well.

AsbestosFlaygon
Wow. Zopzop has definitely improved his debating skills since the last time I read his posts in this forum.

Anyways, Superman's speed would pose a major problem to Firelord, or any other herald-level for that matter.
I think that would be his trump card against Firelord.
I'd give Superman 7/10 based on his will to win, and more importantly his speed.

Matches 2-4 aren't really debatable erm

abhilegend

So you are just speculating based upon nothing but power sets. Superman sings krill out of existance in a few nano second, this is all based upon on panel showings. Of course kal would never fight like that but prove me wrong.

guy222
supes isn't gonna fly fast enough as kril held his own vs surfer regardless of a fanbase here norrin>supes

give pyreus some due

zop is correct

i have said it for years kril can defeat superman its not a slight on the man of the steel and it is not a easy win for clark but can't change ppl's opinion's mine will always b simple kril defeats supes

abhilegend
^You are a good man guy but here you are wrong.

carver9
He was hit by the initial explosion, which was 50 times the size of a named super nova, but never got hit by the slower moving entropy wave (As it would wipe him out, since it could take out a Sun Eater.)

And as for the comic explicitly saying it never happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/21.jpg

It was implied. It's kind of an outlandish story, but how much would John really know about Sun Eaters or Entropy bombs?

Damn...so the scene never happened. Lol. Even if it did happen, he still didn't get hit by the blast but going by this scan, he made up the story. Lol.

-Pr-
It isn't conclusive that the scene never happened.

carver9
It isn't conclusive that the scene never happened.

The scene is pretty washy in my opinion. It's stated that he was lying to make his wife happy. It can't get any clearer than that. It's ambiguous at best. CDTM, is posting scans left and right proving a lot of things.

abhilegend
Lulz, what do you expect from cdtm and his lowballing superman. First it was not johns and second jonathan made a promise to clark to not tell this story to martha so that she doesn't freaks out. Jonathan initially told martha that he was breaking a promise by telling her this promise. Make no mistake, this story does happen but I expected cdtm to post some out of context or misleading scan to lowball superman.

carver9
Lulz, what do you expect from cdtm and his lowballing superman. First it was not johns and second jonathan made a promise to clark to not tell this story to martha so that she doesn't freaks out. Jonathan initially told martha that he was breaking a promise by telling her this promise. Make no mistake, this story does happen but I expected cdtm to post some out of context or misleading scan to lowball superman.

Show me the scene you are talking about.

-Pr-
The scene is pretty washy in my opinion. It's stated that he was lying to make his wife happy. It can't get any clearer than that. It's ambiguous at best. CDTM, is posting scans left and right proving a lot of things.

I think you're misunderstanding his posts.

guy222
^You are a good man guy but here you are wrong.

ur fair friend also

how does supes win barring speed and allowing that how does he win

kril is as fast as radd so supes flies fast and he falls down for a win stick out tongue

i know kmc's rules regarding that i get paid at my law firm discussing cases so that's a non factor for me

to me it seems the ole kril loses to spidey and he gets whupped by supes believe me friend its not that easy heralds are tough i am not slighting supes and i hope ur not slighting kril i know the character and he can can defeat supes u see it the other way and that's cool agree to disagree fair for a 44 year old gentlemen

2-4 aforementioned aren't fair to the fiery herald boo boo

stick out tongue

dmills
^^^ Yeah what's up with 2-4?

guy222
i know

who do u think wins supes vs kril

dmills
My knee jerk reaction was Supes wins comfortably. However Zop posted some stuff that I had forgotten about Krill that made me pause. I also recall him going back to his more militant days during Annihilation where he was a badass. His mentality now is different then it was even from the Thor fight.

Having said that, I also remember how Nova knocked his butt across the solar system. Literally stick out tongue

guy222
he has nice feats

humbling thor/herc easily

was goin to kill thor hmm

nova did and i believe kril got back up

do u think he gets the majority from supes

dmills
No. However I do realize that its one of those powerset mismatches that come up from time to time though. I'm still saying Supes pulls it out in 6-7/10 "you know your ass was in a battle" type of fights.

I could be persuaded by scans of this "alien fire" talk though. If that stuff was nearly killing Norrin and Goldilocks then that might well be a game changer.

abhilegend
^Thor has basically no sold firelord's cosmic flame
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability22-Heat306.jpg

Nietzschean
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability22-Heat306.jpg that was just one blast, if you continue with the scans u see where firelord turns up the heat and Thor almost passes out. erm

dmills
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability22-Heat306.jpg Originally posted by Nietzschean
that was just one blast, if you continue with the scans u see where firelord turns up the heat and Thor almost passes out. erm

You trying to Carver me abhi? Shame on you.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by dmills
You trying to Carver me abhi? Shame on you.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/689907-79973_thorfin2_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/691457-80366_initial4_super.jpg

guy222
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403337_Thor_1981_306_05.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403339_Thor_1981_306_06.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403340_Thor_1981_306_07.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403347_Thor_1981_306_08.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403348_Thor_1981_306_09.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403349_Thor_1981_306_10.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403351_Thor_1981_306_11.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403352_Thor_1981_306_12.jpg

dmills
Originally posted by Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/689907-79973_thorfin2_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/691457-80366_initial4_super.jpg

Thx Nietz,

@abhi,
Wow, talk about editing.

abhilegend
^Trust me, I've no idea. I found that on ODG's thor respect thread. I would never trust a respect thread again, I swear.

Nietzschean
^Trust me, I've no idea. I found that on ODG's thor respect thread. I would never trust a respect thread again, I swear. ODG also tends to put the entire fights in sequence when its Thor vs whomever.

u got that scan from his energy durability and not the fight itself..

dmills
^Trust me, I've no idea. I found that on ODG's thor respect thread. I would never trust a respect thread again, I swear.

LOL. Respect threads are by their very function biased my friend. Trust me when I tell you if there's a sequence in one respect thread, you'd find its antithesis in another.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nietzschean
ODG also tends toput the entire fights in sequence when its Thor vs whomever.

u got that scan from his energy durability and not the fight itself..

thumb up

He's put up plenty of whole fights of Thor versus people where Thor gets beat up or loses. They're "respect" threads not "wank" threads.

Generally, I do like the concept of respect threads, but it is easy for someone to just spam scans without context, issue numbers, or the like to give a skewed view on things. ODG's threads are fair and pretty well done, though.

guy222
odg knows comics

we all do some just different like me

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403666_Thor_225-07.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403668_Thor_225-08.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403669_Thor_225-09.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403671_Thor_225-10.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403673_Thor_225-11.jpg

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403675_Thor_225-12.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403676_Thor_225-13.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403678_Thor_225-14.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403680_Thor_225-15.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10403681_Thor_226-02.jpg

cdtm
Lulz, what do you expect from cdtm and his lowballing superman.

Hey, people can make their own judgements. I'm just posting the scans. mad

Besides, I posted that in response to a post claiming the scene is explicit, to prove it was merely implicit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.