ghibli studio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rudester
Anyone into Ghibli films? If so what are you fav ones?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Qr7-mDWeXIY/TsUrWp3zzgI/AAAAAAAACfA/Gt7f_JrPltc/s1600/123465-ghibli_super.jpg

psycho gundam
princess mononoke

Bro SMASH
Did you know that Studio Ghibli is also working on an RPG game too?

marwash22
Originally posted by psycho gundam
princess mononoke this.

i saw Ponyo a little while ago. twas decent.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Wow. Finally a Ghibli thread.

Yes, I watched Ghibli movies but, I haven't watched all of them. If you ask me about my favorite Ghibli Movie, it's Totoro and Mononoke Hime. I haven't watched the newest like The Secret World of Arrietty though...

Jovan
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Did you know that Studio Ghibli is also working on an RPG game too?
They were in 2010. I think you are refering to Ni no kuni (Second Country or "The Another World"wink in which they did the cut-scenes while Level-5 is making the rest?

It's been out since 2009 on DS (Japan only), out on Playstation 3 (Japan only) and will FINALLY go international: USA (Q4 2012) & Europe (Q1 2013 sad)

As to the original question:
all of them besides The Grave of the Fireflies because that's the most depressing piece I've ever seen! I believe it still lies in my freezer and I aint planning on getting it out!

Eon Blue

Jmanghan
Old thread is old. I dig it.

A lot of them:

Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo. You can get (almost) every movie ever made by Ghibli for dirt cheap. I know this because I own it, I believe it comes with 18 movies for $17.

Btw, those of you who enjoy Studio Ghibli should check out some films similar to theirs but obvs not made by them:

1. Sword of the Stranger - This may as well be a Ghibli film, only it's pretty action-oriented, but the animation and fight scenes are some of the best you'll ever see, period. The story's also pretty good.

2. A Silent Voice - Very emotionally gripping through-out.

NotAllThatEvil
Was a silent voice ghibli?

NotAllThatEvil
Never mind. Just skimmed it

ares834
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sword of the Stranger - This may as well be a Ghibli film, only it's pretty action-oriented, but the animation and fight scenes are some of the best you'll ever see, period. The story's also pretty good.

It's nothing like a Ghibli film. But, yeah, the final fight is kino.

Princess Mononoke is the best Ghibli film BTW.

NotAllThatEvil
I prefer porco rosso

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
It's nothing like a Ghibli film. But, yeah, the final fight is kino.

Princess Mononoke is the best Ghibli film BTW. It's storyline would fit in just fine.

Yes it has more realistic scenarios and animation, but the story goes in line with it.

"In the 14th century, the harmony that humans, animals and gods have enjoyed begins to crumble. The protagonist, young Ashitaka - infected by an animal attack, seeks a cure from the deer-like god Shishigami. In his travels, he sees humans ravaging the earth, bringing down the wrath of wolf god Moro and his human companion Princess Mononoke. His attempts to broker peace between her and the humans brings only conflict."

"The film follows Kotaro, a boy who is hunted by a group of Ming swordsmen due to mysterious reasons. Among the group is a fearsome Western fighter named Luo-Lang, whose only desire is to find a worthy opponent. Kotaro and his dog find "Nanashi", a nameless ronin who has a mysterious past that led him to forbid drawing his own sword again. When the Ming warriors clash with a feudal lord, a proud general, and monks divided between faith and survival, the reason behind the persecution of the Ming group tests the bond between Kotaro and Nanashi. "

Again, take the gods out and you could potentially see a parrelel.

Inedian
Grave of the Fireflies is the best, but any movie from Ghibli was very good. Out of all those legendary Ghibli animes, Mononoke-hime was my least favorite, but still good.

Sword of the Stranger is not Ghibli, but very good though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.