man-talk decoder required!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
Guys this gonna sound real stupid, however please bare in mind ive had nearly seven years off the circuit lol.

I recently met a guy at my usual haunt and after an evening of hanging out with him and a few other friends I got the following pm on fb.

"this is probs going to sound really weird and feel free to say no but could I buy you a coffee sometime?"

He seems like a nice guy and I like coffee so I replied:

"no its not weird, its a nice gesture. I'd like that, thank you"

in response to that I got:

"woop! stick out tongue wicked, when I've got some money we'll sort it out."

I'm taking this as friends agreement to talk, however, I really dont know this bloke and am not sure how to interpret this.

I hate things that reek of subtext.

Any one care to share an oppinion?

dadudemon
He wants to go on a date.

no expression

He likes you. And seems a bit shy but probably knows his way around relationships to some extent.

Ax3l
It's probably just gas.

Thoren
He's broke, and wants you to pay.

Lara
Well, my best friend knows him quite well and he said the bloke is pretty decent. Lol

rudester
Originally posted by Thoren
He's broke, and wants you to pay.

I agree. Hunnny you should find yourself a real man one that can support you and treat you like a queen, if hes not your type you better find away to ditch his broke ass, you dont want him to bring you down!!!

But in all fairness give him a chance, ask around to anyone that might know him well enough for who to kind of figure out what kind of guy he is. Who knows you might get a good shag out of it.

CowardlyBlakMan
Tbh, just ask one of your girl friends, not us random strangers that would give u there livin' in the basement advice.

Dave_97
He's asking if you're down to pee in his butt.

Are you down?.. To pee in his butt?

Digi
Originally posted by Dave_97
He's asking if you're down to pee in his butt.

Are you down?.. To pee in his butt?

you get thorns
Originally posted by dadudemon
He wants to go on a date.

no expression

He likes you. And seems a bit shy but probably knows his way around relationships to some extent.

You got this one right.

Not the reaction from someone just wanting to share coffee.

Lara
I dont know. He's really hard to read. Although he has been the instigator of text chat since we swapped numbers on Monday. He also says alot of things that scream of subtext which im trying to ignore. This is going to be a really tough one for me to work out.

you get thorns
Just be ready to shut him down nicely if he wants to go somewhere you don't.

I suspect it will not take long for him to make that crystal clear.

Sadako of Girth
You get thorns is right in his reaction analysis.

If you drink his coffee juice he is likely expecting you to well... anything including maybe marriage til death.

We cant rule out Dave97's buttpeeing theory either at this point.

You say you don't know the guy, and his disproportionate reaction plus he has apparently sought you out on the net says enthusiasm.
If your head is confused go with your gut.

Lara
My gut has taken an extended holiday at present lol. Im just going to have to take this as it happens.

At 25 I should have this down by now lol. Ive never been on a proper date let alone anything casual.

Sadako of Girth
Well take precautions as said above. Don't go with anything you arent comfortable with. If the dudes looking to smear feces on you and display you on top of his gunrack in a dank basement somewhere or something, don't feel that you have to conclude things his way out of fear of 'not being a successful date'.

The guy might be ok though.. you might have fun... guess you'll have to see for yourself. But "meet publically and date a few times that way and gauge from there" is sound advice if youre unsure.

Lara
I have plenty of time to observe him. We are both going to a function at the bar tonight.

rotiart
. I did something similar with this one girl I met
First messaged her on Facebook talking about mutual friends and I tried to get her to go out just to hang out
Answer: she always mentioned yes in a group way but never yes to a just us way
Whenever we went out with friends. Shed avoid me like the plague.
Finally took two months but I told her after all the group handouts I liked her and wanted to see if maybe shed have coffee or dinner.
No. Won't don't will never like you that way.
A friend later told me that whenever I was around her I was like a bubbly kid. Too overly happy etc and treated her way too nice. And had me convinced all she liked was thugs. So I was like forget this. Stopped going to events and hanging out with her in general.

Then a few weeks later it got weird. She called me. Next thing I know we are talking JUST as friends... A few weeks later he expresses that the real me that's not chasing her is a nice guy...

It's been almost a year now. And I just got her some diamond earrings for valentines day coming up. :-)

Turns out she had never had a bf ever prior to me. Some quick dates but never intimate or anything like that.

Honestly sayin no to the guy could end up being a good thing. It could push him to open up like I did and let the girl see the real you.

rotiart
And my gf was 25 also when we started talking.

StarCraft2
Mantalk decoder v2.0 loaded.

Translating

Man-talk decoder initiating

steverules_2
I have to question why you wish to date a man who has money problems? Why does he have money problems? Does he do drugs? Does he pay hookers to pee in his butt?

StarCraft2
Originally posted by steverules_2
I have to question why you wish to date a man who has money problems? Why does he have money problems? Does he do drugs? Does he pay hookers to pee in his butt?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/252/me-gusta.jpg

Lara
Its the new year every one is hard up. Any way money has never been a motivating factor for me in relationships

Astner
Originally posted by Lara
"this is probs going to sound really weird and feel free to say no but could I buy you a coffee sometime?"
See, we men have this condition called pride...

rudester
Its the new year every one is hard up. Any way money has never been a motivating factor for me in relationships

my sister said the same thing about her bf. She said, the women of today supports her man. I looked at her and told her she was stupid." But I see what you mean.

Lara
Lol I just got my query answered. Via fb

you get thorns
Lol I just got my query answered. Via fb

Spill it.

Lara
He asked me out on an official date, when he gets paid lol im in no hurry id like to get to know him. Thank you to every one that posted. A majority of your opinions helped. big grin

Barker

Lara
laughing out loud

rudester
more like

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JrpiRqaQf50/Sb1Y1qqiRtI/AAAAAAAAABI/fSivNwGPiJk/playstation2alienchick3.jpg

rudester
where you guys going on the first date?

Lara
Its not been discussed yet. I need to speak to him about my annoying pining ex. I dont want it to get silly.

Dave_97
tRe13BU4AVk?t

im telling you, he wants you to pee in his butt.

Lara
You know what, men are crazy weird.

Its all off.

Lara
You know what, men are crazy weird.

Its all off.

Dave_97
So you're single then?

Hey wink

Lara
Lol ive been single the Whole time. Asking some one on a date does not constitue a relationship lol

rudester
Lol ive been single the Whole time. Asking some one on a date does not constitue a relationship lol

maybe in your world it doesn't but in my, every point counts..... Happy Dance

Lara
Whats that in English? Lol

rudester
omg I never noticed, "in mine." I've been doing that all week, no making funzies.

Dave_97
Lol ive been single the Whole time. Asking some one on a date does not constitue a relationship lol you have? Why didnt you tell me you were single? Hello 131

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.