KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » man-talk decoder required!

man-talk decoder required!
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

Question man-talk decoder required!

Guys this gonna sound real stupid, however please bare in mind ive had nearly seven years off the circuit lol.

I recently met a guy at my usual haunt and after an evening of hanging out with him and a few other friends I got the following pm on fb.

"this is probs going to sound really weird and feel free to say no but could I buy you a coffee sometime?"

He seems like a nice guy and I like coffee so I replied:

"no its not weird, its a nice gesture. I'd like that, thank you"

in response to that I got:

"woop! stick out tongue wicked, when I've got some money we'll sort it out."

I'm taking this as friends agreement to talk, however, I really dont know this bloke and am not sure how to interpret this.

I hate things that reek of subtext.

Any one care to share an oppinion?

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:37 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

He wants to go on a date.

no expression

He likes you. And seems a bit shy but probably knows his way around relationships to some extent.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:46 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

It's probably just gas.

One little spark...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:13 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

He's broke, and wants you to pay.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:19 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

Well, my best friend knows him quite well and he said the bloke is pretty decent. Lol

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:35 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thoren
He's broke, and wants you to pay.

I agree. Hunnny you should find yourself a real man one that can support you and treat you like a queen, if hes not your type you better find away to ditch his broke ass, you dont want him to bring you down!!!

But in all fairness give him a chance, ask around to anyone that might know him well enough for who to kind of figure out what kind of guy he is. Who knows you might get a good shag out of it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 05:34 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CowardlyBlakMan

Tbh, just ask one of your girl friends, not us random strangers that would give u there livin' in the basement advice.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 05:44 AM
CowardlyBlakMan is currently offline Click here to Send CowardlyBlakMan a Private Message Find more posts by CowardlyBlakMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

He's asking if you're down to pee in his butt.

Are you down?.. To pee in his butt?

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 12:39 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Dave_97
He's asking if you're down to pee in his butt.

Are you down?.. To pee in his butt?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
you get thorns
village idiot

Originally posted by dadudemon
He wants to go on a date.

no expression

He likes you. And seems a bit shy but probably knows his way around relationships to some extent.

You got this one right.

Not the reaction from someone just wanting to share coffee.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 11:48 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

I dont know. He's really hard to read. Although he has been the instigator of text chat since we swapped numbers on Monday. He also says alot of things that scream of subtext which im trying to ignore. This is going to be a really tough one for me to work out.

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 12:55 AM
you get thorns
village idiot

Just be ready to shut him down nicely if he wants to go somewhere you don't.

I suspect it will not take long for him to make that crystal clear.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 12:32 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You get thorns is right in his reaction analysis.

If you drink his coffee juice he is likely expecting you to well... anything including maybe marriage til death.

We cant rule out Dave97's buttpeeing theory either at this point.

You say you don't know the guy, and his disproportionate reaction plus he has apparently sought you out on the net says enthusiasm.
If your head is confused go with your gut.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 20th, 2012 at 01:02 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 12:53 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

My gut has taken an extended holiday at present lol. Im just going to have to take this as it happens.

At 25 I should have this down by now lol. Ive never been on a proper date let alone anything casual.

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 01:29 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well take precautions as said above. Don't go with anything you arent comfortable with. If the dudes looking to smear feces on you and display you on top of his gunrack in a dank basement somewhere or something, don't feel that you have to conclude things his way out of fear of 'not being a successful date'.

The guy might be ok though.. you might have fun... guess you'll have to see for yourself. But "meet publically and date a few times that way and gauge from there" is sound advice if youre unsure.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 01:38 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

I have plenty of time to observe him. We are both going to a function at the bar tonight.

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 05:50 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

. I did something similar with this one girl I met
First messaged her on Facebook talking about mutual friends and I tried to get her to go out just to hang out
Answer: she always mentioned yes in a group way but never yes to a just us way
Whenever we went out with friends. Shed avoid me like the plague.
Finally took two months but I told her after all the group handouts I liked her and wanted to see if maybe shed have coffee or dinner.
No. Won't don't will never like you that way.
A friend later told me that whenever I was around her I was like a bubbly kid. Too overly happy etc and treated her way too nice. And had me convinced all she liked was thugs. So I was like forget this. Stopped going to events and hanging out with her in general.

Then a few weeks later it got weird. She called me. Next thing I know we are talking JUST as friends... A few weeks later he expresses that the real me that's not chasing her is a nice guy...

It's been almost a year now. And I just got her some diamond earrings for valentines day coming up. :-)

Turns out she had never had a bf ever prior to me. Some quick dates but never intimate or anything like that.

Honestly sayin no to the guy could end up being a good thing. It could push him to open up like I did and let the girl see the real you.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 11:07 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

And my gf was 25 also when we started talking.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 11:07 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mantalk decoder v2.0 loaded.

Translating
quote:
"woop! wicked, when I've got some money we'll sort it out."

Man-talk decoder initiating
quote:
Great. but I am broke right now. but on my next paycheck ill take you.

WINS:11 LOSSES:21 DRAWS:4
I Train in Following Disciplines Kickboxing Wrestling and Mix Martial Arts

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 12:32 AM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I have to question why you wish to date a man who has money problems? Why does he have money problems? Does he do drugs? Does he pay hookers to pee in his butt?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 12:38 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote