Winter Soldier Ongoing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
I'm looking forward to this to say the least. Brubaker has been one of the best things to ever happen to the Cap mythos, and the fact that Bucky didn't bite the bullet in Fear Itself was something that I was definitely relieved by.

Brubaker. Bucky Barnes. Black Widow. Dr. Doom?

I'm in. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
i can't wait to read this

Bouboumaster
This shit is cancelled in three, two, one...

JakeTheBank
I highly doubt it will be cancelled.

roughrider
Ed Brubaker is Cap's best writer ever, and he's claimed Barnes as his character like no one else.

JakeTheBank
Really enjoyed the first issue. I like where the series seems to be going. thumb up

JakeTheBank
Interview with Brubaker: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36755

Great stuff here.

Dum Dum Dugan
Man i gotta pick this series up. Winter Solider is badass.

Bentley
Good first issue, I hope this sticks around, unlike... Almost every other book.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bentley Good first issue, I hope this sticks around, unlike... Almost every other book.

if it doesnt sell near marvels standards you can probably kiss it good bye. its the in thing now so they can double ship their popular titles. its one of the ways they're keeping on pace with dc.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Prep-Man
if it doesnt sell near marvels standards you can probably kiss it good bye. its the in thing now so they can double ship their popular titles. its one of the ways they're keeping on pace with dc.
Keeping on pace with DC? I am pretty sure marvel out sells DC and is significantly larger company.

Kazenji
and on the movie side of things Marvel is kicking DC's arse.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan Keeping on pace with DC? I am pretty sure marvel out sells DC and is significantly larger company.

pre-flashpoint, yes, but ever since the reboot, dc has had a lead and they put out less comics to boot. last month marvel beat them by 1 percent or so,. but they didnt factor in the issues customers traded in. top 300, dc won. plus they beat marvel in the trades category as well.

Dum Dum Dugan
pre-flashpoint, yes, but ever since the reboot, dc has had a lead and they put out less comics to boot. last month marvel beat them by 1 percent or so,. but they didnt factor in the issues customers traded in. top 300, dc won. plus they beat marvel in the trades category as well.

Dude the reboot just started this year. Your post seem to imply DC regularly out sell marvel. It does not. DC is trying to keep pace with Mavrel not the other way around. They have better sales at the moment does not negate the fact they are a much smaller company who are trying to keep up with the much larger marvel. Marvel does not need to worry about being out sold by DC for a few months. There like friggen more then twice the revenue value of dc.

Also what a shocker dc reboot is out selling marvel at the moment. Of course it is, reboot always sell well at first. That will quickly change and marvel will again out sell DC. I bet anything again there revenue will be significantly higher then DC. in fact maybe even multiable times higher like it been for years.

Prep-Man
Last year, dude, last year. The whole double shipping thing is kind of recent too.

Dum Dum Dugan
Last year, dude, last year. The whole double shipping thing is kind of recent too.
Lets see some status here. I find that extremely hard to believe. Marvel has been making significantly larger revenue then DC since before the eighties. In many years making twice and even more then three times the money of DC. They recently were bought out by a billion dollar company in Disney. So I find it very hard to believe DC made more money then Marvel last year.

Prep-Man
I'm not talking about money. Although, DC made more revenue per book, because they sell less books. But DC outsold Marvel in units last year, mainly because the relaunch was so huge.

January reports are in and DC swept Marvel in the top 10. They also took the unit share, while Marvel took the dollar share. But that's because they have more books sold at 3.99. While DC is holding the line at 2.99. One of the reasons many people are switching over to DC, because they can't afford the price increase.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.