KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Winter Soldier Ongoing

Winter Soldier Ongoing
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Winter Soldier Ongoing

I'm looking forward to this to say the least. Brubaker has been one of the best things to ever happen to the Cap mythos, and the fact that Bucky didn't bite the bullet in Fear Itself was something that I was definitely relieved by.

quote:
The recent revelation that Bucky did not in fact die during Fear Itself has led to this -- a new series starring the character, written by Ed Brubaker, the guy that brought him back in the first place. When Brubaker writes the Winter Soldier, magic tends to happen, and Eisner Awards tend to be won. Now he's got a whole series featuring Bucky and Black Widow as super-secret spies (so secret, in fact, that the world at large still thinks that Bucky is dead). Thanks to advance solicitations, we know that Dr. Doom plays a major role in the opening arc. With art from Butch Guice, this is poised to likely be one of the best-received new Marvel series of the year, along with probably being a relatively huge commercial hit. So this week might be a good time to get on board.

Brubaker. Bucky Barnes. Black Widow. Dr. Doom?

I'm in. thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 03:04 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i can't wait to read this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 07:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

This shit is cancelled in three, two, one...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:11 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I highly doubt it will be cancelled.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:25 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ed Brubaker is Cap's best writer ever, and he's claimed Barnes as his character like no one else.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Really enjoyed the first issue. I like where the series seems to be going. thumb up

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:16 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Interview with Brubaker: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=36755

Great stuff here.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 10:29 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Man i gotta pick this series up. Winter Solider is badass.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 05:40 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Good first issue, I hope this sticks around, unlike... Almost every other book.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 06:18 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley Good first issue, I hope this sticks around, unlike... Almost every other book.

if it doesnt sell near marvels standards you can probably kiss it good bye. its the in thing now so they can double ship their popular titles. its one of the ways they're keeping on pace with dc.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 06:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Prep-Man
if it doesnt sell near marvels standards you can probably kiss it good bye. its the in thing now so they can double ship their popular titles. its one of the ways they're keeping on pace with dc.

Keeping on pace with DC? I am pretty sure marvel out sells DC and is significantly larger company.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 06:42 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

and on the movie side of things Marvel is kicking DC's arse.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan Keeping on pace with DC? I am pretty sure marvel out sells DC and is significantly larger company.

pre-flashpoint, yes, but ever since the reboot, dc has had a lead and they put out less comics to boot. last month marvel beat them by 1 percent or so,. but they didnt factor in the issues customers traded in. top 300, dc won. plus they beat marvel in the trades category as well.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 07:07 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

pre-flashpoint, yes, but ever since the reboot, dc has had a lead and they put out less comics to boot. last month marvel beat them by 1 percent or so,. but they didnt factor in the issues customers traded in. top 300, dc won. plus they beat marvel in the trades category as well.

Dude the reboot just started this year. Your post seem to imply DC regularly out sell marvel. It does not. DC is trying to keep pace with Mavrel not the other way around. They have better sales at the moment does not negate the fact they are a much smaller company who are trying to keep up with the much larger marvel. Marvel does not need to worry about being out sold by DC for a few months. There like friggen more then twice the revenue value of dc.

Also what a shocker dc reboot is out selling marvel at the moment. Of course it is, reboot always sell well at first. That will quickly change and marvel will again out sell DC. I bet anything again there revenue will be significantly higher then DC. in fact maybe even multiable times higher like it been for years.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 01:22 PM
Senor Cage

Last year, dude, last year. The whole double shipping thing is kind of recent too.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 08:48 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Last year, dude, last year. The whole double shipping thing is kind of recent too.

Lets see some status here. I find that extremely hard to believe. Marvel has been making significantly larger revenue then DC since before the eighties. In many years making twice and even more then three times the money of DC. They recently were bought out by a billion dollar company in Disney. So I find it very hard to believe DC made more money then Marvel last year.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 09:33 PM
Senor Cage

I'm not talking about money. Although, DC made more revenue per book, because they sell less books. But DC outsold Marvel in units last year, mainly because the relaunch was so huge.

January reports are in and DC swept Marvel in the top 10. They also took the unit share, while Marvel took the dollar share. But that's because they have more books sold at 3.99. While DC is holding the line at 2.99. One of the reasons many people are switching over to DC, because they can't afford the price increase.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 09:58 PM