If you love that comic so much, why don't you marry it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
The concept is simple, if you could only read ONE comic for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? It can be a single comic or a particular arc within a series.

Mine would be either Watchmen or The Great Darkness Saga. It can't imagine either of those getting 'stale'.

Cogito
I'm going to say Kingdom Come for now, but I may change my mind as I think about it more.

Omega Vision
Complete run of the Sandman.

srankmissingnin
Marry a comic? I have enough paper cuts on my di... er... I mean I don't want paper cuts on my dick.

<.<

>.>

shifty

Y The Last Man. love

Prep-Man
You're a sick man, srank.

srankmissingnin
What's your pick Prep?

Bouboumaster
Either the Watchmen, or Batman: The Long Halloween

Galan007
Hm, Millar's run on Swamp Thing never gets old... Though I wouldn't mind Final Crisis either. mmm

As far as a single comic, probably Green Lantern: Will World.

Stoic
Either The Avengers or The Justice League, because I would be able to see many heroes instead of just one, and the comic heroes that I did not see in their own books would make regular guest appearances.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What's your pick Prep?

Either the Brood Saga, X-Men or one of Lucifer's arcs. Can't really make up my mind. Too hard.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/BS.jpg

JakeTheBank
Avengers.

-Pr-
Geoff Johns run on Flash (Wally), Simonsen's run on X-Factor, or Morrison's run on X-Men.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Avengers.

Which storyline, JAKE!?

Bentley
It's a hardone, probably the Avengers under Busiek or either iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Juntai
Single Issue? Action775.
TPB? Kingdom Come.
A writers 'run'? Johns JSA or GL, Sandman, or Morrison's Batman,
Event? Final Crisis.
Ongoing? Detective or GL.
Maxi? 52.

Digi
If it's not cheating, I'd pick an ongoing, probably ASM.

If I have to pick a limited run, maybe the "Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X" series.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which storyline, JAKE!?

Busiek/Perez run.

roughrider
Seeing the title of this thread, thinking of just a single self contained volume...

The first thing that popped into my head was Daredevil: Love & War, a 1986 Graphic Novel by Frank Miller & Bill Sienkiewicz. That was back in the days when a Graphic Novel was just a single story running 64-80 pages, in large print on glossy paper; not miniseries eventually collected into a single paperback, which are popularly called Graphic Novels these days in the media (instead of the right term.)

Frank Miller, along with Alan Moore, owned the comics industry in 1986 - The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One and Elektra: Assassin all came out that same year, and Miller was at the height of his creative powers. And Bill Sienkiewicz was making that incredible Gustav Klimt-like painted style his signature that year, which carried him into other mediums.

abhilegend
All star superman.

Mindship
FF#72: Where Soars the Silver Surfer

Konton
Elektra: Assassin.
Each panel of art could freaking stand alone unhindered, and the way the narrative interacts with how the reader perceives each stylized deviation in color, line work, and depth make the story breathe.

quanchi112
Infinity Gauntlet.

Existere
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Y The Last Man. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity Abyss.
Fixed. shifty

Prep-Man
As a big event type story arc, I'd go with COIE.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Fixed. shifty Annihilation is on the list.

Scythe
Probably the colored series that was done by Loeb and Sale. Spider-Man: Blue, Daredevil: Yellow, Hulk: Gray. Though if I had to choose one, I'd say its Spider-Man: Blue.

Galan007
I probably wouldn't mind having to read Planetary or Ex Machina either... mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.