Thor vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Darkseid at his best and peak vs

1.Classic Thor
2.Current Thor
3.KT
4.RKT

Who wins in each of the above both giving it all they have and why?

JakeTheBank
Darkseid.

quanchi112
Thor in all.

King Thor and Rune King Thor stomp.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Darkseid.

thumb up

lilshogun
PC Darkseid wins with ease.

quanchi112
Originally posted by lilshogun
PC Darkseid wins with ease. Pc Darkseid wouldn't beat King Thor nor would he beat Rune King Thor.

Prep-Man
Darkseid.

Cogito
Darkseid.

Placidity
Darkseid.

abhilegend
Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cogito
Originally posted by Placidity
Originally posted by abhilegend
Based on ?

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

I think this would have something to do with it:

Originally posted by ozz81
Darkseid at his best and peak

Thor's always been able to hang around longer outside his weight class than other high heralds. But at least Classic and Current should lose. Not sure about the other two.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
I think this would have something to do with it:

Thor's always been able to hang around longer outside his weight class than other high heralds. But at least Classic and Current should lose. Not sure about the other two. To me his peak his Countdown. Orion bested him so I see classic Thor being able to do the same and when you get into the higher end Thors like King and Rune it isn't even fair anymore for Darkseid.

Digi
To me his peak his Countdown. Orion bested him so I see classic Thor being able to do the same and when you get into the higher end Thors like King and Rune it isn't even fair anymore for Darkseid.

Orion gets a special pass with Darkseid, kinda of like Drax with Thanos. It's written into his fate to be able to take down DS.

There's also the matter of Orion's size in Countdown, suggesting some sort of powerup. I personally wouldn't consider CD the peak of anything, even power levels, especially for those characters.

Hell, just a couple months before that showing, Superman was getting repeatedly knocked unconscious just hanging out on the outskirts of a battle between DS and...someone. Might've been Orion again. It was in Starlin's Death of the New Gods. And that's off the top of my head.

And I assume we're both ignoring potential multiversal interpretations of DS from FC just to make debate easier. I don't know that that's his most powerful incarnation, but it could be argued that he was abstract by that point.

Sr J-Bieb
Darkseid was powered up in Death of the New Gods.

Zack Fair
Darkseid.

Digi
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Darkseid was powered up in Death of the New Gods.

by...? Refresh my memory, I don't get into the idiosyncracies of power levels like many on the forums. Iirc, it wasn't anything that should be considered outside his powers (like the ALE, which he's possessed at varying levels numerous times).

quanchi112
Orion gets a special pass with Darkseid, kinda of like Drax with Thanos. It's written into his fate to be able to take down DS.

There's also the matter of Orion's size in Countdown, suggesting some sort of powerup. I personally wouldn't consider CD the peak of anything, even power levels, especially for those characters.

Hell, just a couple months before that showing, Superman was getting repeatedly knocked unconscious just hanging out on the outskirts of a battle between DS and...someone. Might've been Orion again. It was in Starlin's Death of the New Gods. And that's off the top of my head.

And I assume we're both ignoring potential multiversal interpretations of DS from FC just to make debate easier. I don't know that that's his most powerful incarnation, but it could be argued that he was abstract by that point. But Orion already took him down and Drax was created as his silver bullet not the same with Orion.

Orion was normal sized iirc.

Darkseid was amped in dotng.

In fc he really didn't do anything combat wise to suggest multiversal powers anyway imo.

Sirius77
by...? Refresh my memory, I don't get into the idiosyncracies of power levels like many on the forums. Iirc, it wasn't anything that should be considered outside his powers (like the ALE, which he's possessed at varying levels numerous times).

Soulfire formula. He had absorbed the essences of the collective dead ng iirc, and was able to battle the source one on one for a while.

Lord_Talron
im so out of touch but im gonna say ds in every fight but rkt

abhilegend
Soulfire darkseid wins.

Digi
But Orion already took him down and Drax was created as his silver bullet not the same with Orion.

Orion was normal sized iirc.

Darkseid was amped in dotng.

In fc he really didn't do anything combat wise to suggest multiversal powers anyway imo.

There is always the matter of what it took to kill him. A time-bullet keyed to New God DNA, the Miracle Machine blast, and the cadre of Supermen from the multiverse. I love Thor, but he's not replicating a fraction of that.

Depending on the writer, the silver bullet analogy with Orion is applicable. Their fated connection has always helped him fare well in battle. My memory also tells me Orion was big-sized like DS in Countdown...one of us is wrong, but again, that probably shouldn't be considered his peak anyway. His PC showings alone, I would think, are of a different stature.

quanchi112
There is always the matter of what it took to kill him. A time-bullet keyed to New God DNA, the Miracle Machine blast, and the cadre of Supermen from the multiverse. I love Thor, but he's not replicating a fraction of that.

Depending on the writer, the silver bullet analogy with Orion is applicable. Their fated connection has always helped him fare well in battle. My memory also tells me Orion was big-sized like DS in Countdown...one of us is wrong, but again, that probably shouldn't be considered his peak anyway. His PC showings alone, I would think, are of a different stature. Thor's hammer is a plot device just like those weapons/attacks were a plot device. If Batman can fire off a shot and resist being broken by Darkseid I see no reason why a much more powerful character with a war hammer cannot do the same.

It isn't the same thing. Drax's energy glowed when in close proximity to Thanos along with the writer confirming his power amps just Thanos. Orion is just powerful enough to kill Darkseid and has before so the prophecy has been fulfilled.

To me the pc showings have always been very inconsistent for the dc as a whole but that's another matter altogether.

Digi
Thor's hammer is a plot device just like those weapons/attacks were a plot device. If Batman can fire off a shot and resist being broken by Darkseid I see no reason why a much more powerful character with a war hammer cannot do the same.

The resistance to being broken was mental. But either way, it has little bearing on my point. Thor can't replicate the bullet's damaging abilities, or certainly not the Miracle Machine. His best bet might be to try to absorb the Omega Beams, but I actually see that going badly.

It isn't the same thing. Drax's energy glowed when in close proximity to Thanos along with the writer confirming his power amps just Thanos. Orion is just powerful enough to kill Darkseid and has before so the prophecy has been fulfilled.

See, but he isn't. DS has batted him around like many others. The only times he holds his own are when the writing and plot get all prophetic.

To me the pc showings have always been very inconsistent for the dc as a whole but that's another matter altogether.

Oh, agreed about the inconsistent part. It's just, back then he was written as a character that was just clearly leagues beyond Superman and his ilk. I'd liken it more to current Galactus than Thanos, who is usually seen as DS's Marvel counterpart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.