Magneto vs. BE Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Current Magneto vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man. Fight on Utopia. Gonna happen soon.

srankmissingnin
Magneto

Odekahn
Magneto. Putting him against Ironman is silly to me. I would have liked to see him against someone more powerful.... Like Thor. But since that's obviously not going to happen. /sigh

JakeTheBank
Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.

I also see Srank has seen the light.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M

He's developed anti-magnetic armor before and just recently unveiled plastic or rubber armor in Magneto's mini "Not a Hero". Granted, Magneto's command of electromagnetism is so great that provided Tony did have a complete flat out immunity to such an offense (which is unlikely), Magneto can still drop a satellite on him or just attack him with hundreds of tons of worth of steel or half a dozen other things outside of the obvious manipulation of his suit.

I believe Tony's smart enough to be able to muster up some kind of offense/defense provided he knows who's up against in the form of Magneto, though.

StiltmanFTW

Of course he does. He can't be affected directly.

srankmissingnin

He had a rubber armor in Magneto: NAH, but that really should make any difference. If the armor had has any sort of electromechanical components Magneto should have complete control over it and the ability to shut down or hijack the electric current. Even if for some reason he can't do that he should be able to stop Stark's heart / brain with a simple EMP.

Tony Stark

Yes, Reed back in the day helped Tony come up with an anti magetism devise for his armor... So if in A vs X they go around that (which from the cover looks like they are) I'm going to be pissed.

If they stay pat to the norm Iron Man for the win.

StiltmanFTW
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11943

I've also seen a sketch from that issue in which Erik creates an armor of his own and goes h2h with Tony.

JakeTheBank
Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

Logically from a purely scientific stand point there are is nothing on paper that Iron Man could to do to stop or slow Magneto down. Any sort of device that could inhibit Magneto's control over Electromagnetism would require Electromagnetism to function... which Magneto has control over. Magneto has dominion over the governing force that allows all of Iron Man's inventions to opperate... from an engineering stand point Tony should be shit out of luck.

But it's a comic and we need to suspend our disbelief.

AsbestosFlaygon
Tony's suits should have something electronic within them to function, one way or another (logically speaking).

No way in hell does he win against an electromagnetic manipulator of Magneto's caliber.

Tony Stark
Pfft...

iceman24567
Magneto for the majority

CosmicComet
Tony can definitely win.

Estacado
Magneto 10/10
He beat damn Proteus.

the ninjak
IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

J9dYqaV-7dk

Estacado
Originally posted by the ninjak
IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

J9dYqaV-7dk
Since Erik decided to stop fighting.

OneDumbG0
^ Always that ambiguous caveat. I agree with this more than I disagree though.

Estacado
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Always that ambiguous caveat. I agree with this more than I disagree though.
Erik clearly said that he was growing stronger and that Tony was going to lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.