KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs. BE Iron Man

Magneto vs. BE Iron Man
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Magneto vs. BE Iron Man

Current Magneto vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man. Fight on Utopia. Gonna happen soon.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 04:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Magneto

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 05:53 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Magneto. Putting him against Ironman is silly to me. I would have liked to see him against someone more powerful.... Like Thor. But since that's obviously not going to happen. /sigh

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:00 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.

I also see Srank has seen the light.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:07 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:15 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Starscream M

He's developed anti-magnetic armor before and just recently unveiled plastic or rubber armor in Magneto's mini "Not a Hero". Granted, Magneto's command of electromagnetism is so great that provided Tony did have a complete flat out immunity to such an offense (which is unlikely), Magneto can still drop a satellite on him or just attack him with hundreds of tons of worth of steel or half a dozen other things outside of the obvious manipulation of his suit.

I believe Tony's smart enough to be able to muster up some kind of offense/defense provided he knows who's up against in the form of Magneto, though.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Mar 31st, 2012 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:23 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Of course he does. He can't be affected directly.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He had a rubber armor in Magneto: NAH, but that really should make any difference. If the armor had has any sort of electromechanical components Magneto should have complete control over it and the ability to shut down or hijack the electric current. Even if for some reason he can't do that he should be able to stop Stark's heart / brain with a simple EMP.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Yes, Reed back in the day helped Tony come up with an anti magetism devise for his armor... So if in A vs X they go around that (which from the cover looks like they are) I'm going to be pissed.

If they stay pat to the norm Iron Man for the win.

Attachment: im-vs-magneto.jpg
This has been downloaded 110 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:28 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...ew&id=11943

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've also seen a sketch from that issue in which Erik creates an armor of his own and goes h2h with Tony.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:38 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:40 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

Logically from a purely scientific stand point there are is nothing on paper that Iron Man could to do to stop or slow Magneto down. Any sort of device that could inhibit Magneto's control over Electromagnetism would require Electromagnetism to function... which Magneto has control over. Magneto has dominion over the governing force that allows all of Iron Man's inventions to opperate... from an engineering stand point Tony should be shit out of luck.

But it's a comic and we need to suspend our disbelief.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Mar 31st, 2012 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:57 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Tony's suits should have something electronic within them to function, one way or another (logically speaking).

No way in hell does he win against an electromagnetic manipulator of Magneto's caliber.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 07:02 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Pfft...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:10 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Magneto for the majority

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:42 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Tony can definitely win.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:47 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Magneto 10/10
He beat damn Proteus.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 09:43 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 10:40 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by the ninjak
IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

Since Erik decided to stop fighting.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 09:26 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Always that ambiguous caveat. I agree with this more than I disagree though.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 09:42 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote