Which author?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maham
Which author's books occupy your racks the most?

On my racks there are more Agatha Christie than any other.

Lord Shadow Z
I have more Richard Laymon books than any other author I like although David Gemmell and John Grisham aren't far behind. I don't generally keep every book I get nowadays, mostly just my core nucleus of favourite writers or books that have had an effect on me.

I move a lot of them on to charity shops after reading and am sort of a conduit moving discarded library books on to charity shops.

maham
Funny thing is I'm not exactly a fan of the author I have the most books of. I do like the books and Agatha Christie but the only reason for my buying more books by her is probably that they're cheap and short and not explicit, something I'm always sure of.I wish I had more classics on my shelf.

Flameback
Edgar Rice Burroughs would be the most with Chuck Palahniuk and Mike Resnick running a close second. Several others not too far behind those either.

Raptor22
I love sci-fi and fantasy. Stephen King, Timothy Zahn, Kevin J Anderson and George R.R Martin take up a big chunk. Im also a big fan of R.A Salvatore, and Drew Karpyshyn.

maham
Originally posted by Raptor22
I love sci-fi and fantasy. Stephen King, Timothy Zahn, Kevin J Anderson and George R.R Martin take up a big chunk. Im also a big fan of R.A Salvatore, and Drew Karpyshyn.
I like sci-fis too but I've only read medical thrillers by Robin Cook. Would love to read and have some Stephen King. Could you please suggest a few of his best?

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by maham
I like sci-fis too but I've only read medical thrillers by Robin Cook. Would love to read and have some Stephen King. Could you please suggest a few of his best?

Robin Cook is an excellent writer and I'm a big fan too (have two to read in the house); if you like medical thrillers especially then you should try Ken McClure who is just as good.

As for Stephen King, out of the ones I have read I would say 'The Stand', 'Desperation' and 'Cujo' stood out for me. I have read some others but I'm not sure I remember them as well.

Raptor22
Originally posted by maham
I like sci-fis too but I've only read medical thrillers by Robin Cook. Would love to read and have some Stephen King. Could you please suggest a few of his best? Salem's Lot, The Stand, Fire Starter, Cycle of the Werewolf, It, Eyes of the Dragon, Needful Things, and Different Seasons are my favorites. My absolute favorite King novels are the Dark Tower series. It's amazing. It's a story told over about 7 books that King has been working on his entire career. The main character is Roland, he's my favorite character in any genre or medium. I won't even try to described him because I could not do justice to his incredible badassness. I would suggested reading The Dark Tower books last since he crosses over and uses characters and objects from most of his other novels. Different Seasons is great too. It's made up of 4 short stories. 3 of which were made into excellent movies - The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me.

damsel-distress
I love books of Nicholas Sparks, the father of many beautiful love stories.

maham
Originally posted by Raptor22
Salem's Lot, The Stand, Fire Starter, Cycle of the Werewolf, It, Eyes of the Dragon, Needful Things, and Different Seasons are my favorites. My absolute favorite King novels are the Dark Tower series. It's amazing. It's a story told over about 7 books that King has been working on his entire career. The main character is Roland, he's my favorite character in any genre or medium. I won't even try to described him because I could not do justice to his incredible badassness. I would suggested reading The Dark Tower books last since he crosses over and uses characters and objects from most of his other novels. Different Seasons is great too. It's made up of 4 short stories. 3 of which were made into excellent movies - The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me. Hey! Thanks bud! big grin

Originally posted by damsel-distress
I love books of Nicholas Sparks, the father of many beautiful love stories. I've just realized how many of his books have been made into films.

maham
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Robin Cook is an excellent writer and I'm a big fan too (have two to read in the house); if you like medical thrillers especially then you should try Ken McClure who is just as good.

As for Stephen King, out of the ones I have read I would say 'The Stand', 'Desperation' and 'Cujo' stood out for me. I have read some others but I'm not sure I remember them as well.
Thanks

Jim Colyer
Greatest author of all time? Shakespeare!

Omega Vision
Gabriel Garcia-Marquez and Jim Butcher

Originally posted by Jim Colyer
Greatest author of all time? Shakespeare!
The question isn't who the greatest author is. It's which author has the most space on your bookshelves.

Daisy Roberts
Originally posted by damsel-distress
I love books of Nicholas Sparks, the father of many beautiful love stories.
His books almost constantly cause my tears((too emotional)

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The question isn't who the greatest author is. It's which author has the most space on your bookshelves.

So technically the one with the fattest books?

He obviously wasn't talking about the greatest author of all time anyways, since he gave such an odd ball of an answer.

Ascendancy
Robert Ludlum, Robert Jordan, and then a smattering of things from Robin Cook, Jeffery Deaver, and many others.

Lone Gunman
Piers Anthony
Robert Heinlein
Clive Cussler

S W LeGenD
Christopher Priest
Neil Gaiman
Steven Erikson
Charles Dickens

Dreampanther
Based on the fact that I have just about every book ever published by the following authors and they wrote quite a lot of books, I would say:

Louis L'Amour
Robert B Parker
Terry Pratchett
Neal Asher
Jim Butcher
David Gemmell

Balgoritin8
I dont know)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.