Hal Jordan's personality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Odekahn
Has anyone else noticed in the DCnU JL he seems exactly like Ryan Reynolds? He's never stuck me as overly jokey and not a serious character before and between this and his personality in the GL Animated Series I'm worried that they are going to turn Hal in Ryan in the same way they turned Wolverine into Hugh Jackman. It's just the things he says don't come off as cocky and arrogant so much as... juvenile.

Even Batman doesn't seem himself in Johns series. Everyone reminds me of Plastic Man.

JakeTheBank
In before "Hal Jordan has a personality?" joke.

That being said, no, you're the not the only one who's noticed it.

-Pr-
I honestly take it as Johns giving us the original Hal Jordan; the cocky ******* who just didn't give a ****. Johns needs to straighten him out in JLA because honestly, in GL he's fine.

Cogito
Meh, hopefully he dies again erm

Entity
Originally posted by Cogito
Meh, hopefully he dies again erm thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In before "Hal Jordan has a personality?" joke.

That being said, no, you're the not the only one who's noticed it.
Hal jordan has a personality?
dur

-Pr-
I honestly prefer Hal to the likes of Kyle (a bit of a whiney overachiever for my tastes), John (a bit flat), and G- Actually no, Guy Gardner is boss; he should never die.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly prefer Hal to the likes of Kyle (a bit of a whiney overachiever for my tastes), John (a bit flat), and G- Actually no, Guy Gardner is boss; he should never die. This is your best post ever! Guy Gardner is awesome. like

Hal is still a noob in the JLA comic. So I think that should be considered regarding his personality.

Entity
So I haven't had allot of money for comics this last year but I'd like to know how all this new DCnU stuff coincides with things that have happened in the past of DC and appearently (at least from what I'm reading online) still exist in DCU such as Green Lantern Corps where Kyle is still a GL n the Blackest Night and all still happened as well as final crisis, and Batman Incorporated, and so on?

I was under the impression ALL of DCU was rebooted with Flashpoint.
Was I incorrect?

Blight
Yeah erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Entity
So I haven't had allot of money for comics this last year but I'd like to know how all this new DCnU stuff coincides with things that have happened in the past of DC and appearently (at least from what I'm reading online) still exist in DCU such as Green Lantern Corps where Kyle is still a GL n the Blackest Night and all still happened as well as final crisis, and Batman Incorporated, and so on?

I was under the impression ALL of DCU was rebooted with Flashpoint.
Was I incorrect?

Anything written by Johns for Green Lantern is still mostly canon. Most of Morrison's Batman work is canon. A lot was unchanged, though admittedly a lot changed too.

Blight
It's sort of confusing.

Dick Being Batman couldn't have happened because Final Crisis couldn't have happened. Are we made to believe Blackest Night Happened? Because Batman was dead in Blackest Night as well as a lot of characters not even introduced yet in the DCnU. It's just confusing. A Clean Reboot would have been preferable... or not a reboot at all.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blight
It's sort of confusing.

Dick Being Batman couldn't have happened because Final Crisis couldn't have happened. Are we made to believe Blackest Night Happened? Because Batman was dead in Blackest Night as well as a lot of characters not even introduced yet in the DCnU. It's just confusing. A Clean Reboot would have been preferable... or not a reboot at all.

Dick was Batman, though. Iirc he actually says so in his own series.

Blight
Dick was Batman, though. Iirc he actually says so in his own series. For Real? Why? Did they explain that? Because Final Crisis could NOT have happened the way it did...

Cogito
http://derbyimages.woot.com/lorendburton/dont_worry_about_it.-fvzrsq-d.jpg

Entity
Yea I've been wondering how could Batman have killed Darkseid and yet now he's only been Batman 5 years, I think thats right? But he's had time to train multiple apprentices and even father one of them who is now, what is Damien suppose to be 13? confused

How the hell did Batman father Damien with Talia within the last 5 years?

And now the League is just organizing and just meeting Darkseid?

Screw it, Make Mine Marvel!

Blight
The Events in JLA take place I think 6 months prior to everything else. Maybe it's more.

I admit it's confusing. Yet I still enjoy it more than Marvel.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Entity
Yea I've been wondering how could Batman have killed Darkseid and yet now he's only been Batman 5 years, I think thats right? But he's had time to train multiple apprentices and even father one of them who is now, what is Damien suppose to be 13? confused

How the hell did Batman father Damien with Talia within the last 5 years?

And now the League is just organizing and just meeting Darkseid?

Screw it, Make Mine Marvel!
Bruce batkicked time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blight
The Events in JLA take place I think 6 months prior to everything else. Maybe it's more.

I admit it's confusing. Yet I still enjoy it more than Marvel.

5 years stick out tongue

Blight
5 years stick out tongue

Gotcha..... That's right, Action Comics is 6 months before JLA.

... still don't like it because that means the whole Final Crisis mess happened somewhere within the 5 years of the JLA forming?

I would still have preferred a clean reboot.

Endless Mike
Yeah it's hard to tell what's canon or not anymore

JakeTheBank
It was smart for DC to leave their Batman and Green Lantern properties mostly the same as they were the two most successful ones at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.