Superman vs Loki's Army(Chitauri)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist but instead of taking on the Avengers, what if the following versions of Superman were up against Loki's army; this would also include Loki himself.

So I have two scenarios that will assess how each Superman version does

Scenario 1: Superman(Reeve) vs Loki's army

Scenario 2: Superman(Routh) vs Loki's army

If Superman has too much of an advantage in either case, I'll allow the foot soldiers to each carry a shard of Kryptonite. If either Superman is somehow outmatched then he can gain the aid of one Avenger.

So how does Superman do?

Newjak
Scenario 1: Superman wins he had just too many crazy feats.

Scenario 2: I could see Superman possibly losing. He was durable as hell against bullets but so was every other high end character in the Avengers and the alien lasers were still hurting them. They may effect him if they do it could be a long day for Superman.

Placidity
Superman stomps Loki's army along with the Avengers.

roughrider
Superman's going to have to resolve to kill the Aliens and the giant creature carriers though; he can't just keep conking them out while they keep coming.

Robtard
Superman

wakkawakkawakka
Aww man...I though there would be more of a fight especially with Routh's Superman. Afterall I did allow the foot soldiers a shard of kryptonite and that should give the Routh version trouble at least right?

Though I think I agree that Reeve's Superman wins in round one.

lilshogun
Based on these feats from Movie Superman vs Nuclear Man..I will still go with Loki and the Gang plus the Thor and Hulk. Supes fighting skills didn't look impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprtNrCMu3Y

Robtard
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Aww man...I though there would be more of a fight especially with Routh's Superman. Afterall I did allow the foot soldiers a shard of kryptonite and that should give the Routh version trouble at least right?

Though I think I agree that Reeve's Superman wins in round one.

Routh Superman showed more resistance to krytponite than Reeve's did. He managed to lift a small island made in part of the stuff while having a small shard of it still lodged in his body.

Though they're the same Superman. Returns is an alternate Superman 3.

ares834
And yet, in the (un-edited) fight we see Superman push the god damn moon...

Supes stomps.

DARTH POWER
Routh Superman stomps. As far as we know he's invincible.

Reeve Superman however isn't invincible (durability wise) and will not necessarily just dodge everything.

I'm basing this off Superman 3 (not canon for Routh Superman) where he has to dodge rockets and gets KO'd by a missile.

So all the fire power of the Shitari would be a threat to him. Although he still most likely wins.

lilshogun
Routh Superman being a deadbeat dad, his palnetary strength and speed would not hurt movie Thor. When Thor got smashed by Hulk numerous times, he never seemed to be injured. I don't think Superman will even dent Thor's hide. He will probably knock him through mountains but Thor just gets up. I believe the Hammer of Thor will decide the winner.

playa1258
You have your head up your ass. Thor is so tough he has to dive away from 20mm Cannon fire.

Robtard
Originally posted by lilshogun
Routh Superman being a deadbeat dad, his palnetary strength and speed would not hurt movie Thor. When Thor got smashed by Hulk numerous times, he never seemed to be injured. I don't think Superman will even dent Thor's hide. He will probably knock him through mountains but Thor just gets up. I believe the Hammer of Thor will decide the winner.

Hulk's punch bloodied Thor's nose.

A weakened Superman can lift an island from sea-level to outside Earth's atmosphere in about 90 seconds.

Thor has no chance here.

roughrider
Originally posted by Robtard
Hulk's punch bloodied Thor's nose.

A weakened Superman can lift an island from sea-level to outside Earth's atmosphere in about 90 seconds.

Thor has no chance here.

Lifting feats while flying are not feats of strength. Superman is extending the power he uses to fly to the object he is holding. It's strength of will rather than muscle, really.

Look at the fight with Zod, Ursa and Non in Superman II. Standing on the ground, it took a few of them to lift a city bus and throw it at Superman, and they all had identical power to him.

playa1258
Superman military pressed fault-lines in Superman 1.

marwash22
wait a damn minute, i thought Routh Superman WAS Reeve Superman. no expression

NemeBro
Originally posted by Newjak
Scenario 1: Superman wins he had just too many crazy feats.

Scenario 2: I could see Superman possibly losing. He was durable as hell against bullets but so was every other high end character in the Avengers and the alien lasers were still hurting them. They may effect him if they do it could be a long day for Superman. He survived orbital re-entry while weakened from Kryptonite and near-death.

Superman could solo the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Robtard
Originally posted by roughrider
Lifting feats while flying are not feats of strength. Superman is extending the power he uses to fly to the object he is holding. It's strength of will rather than muscle, really.

Look at the fight with Zod, Ursa and Non in Superman II. Standing on the ground, it took a few of them to lift a city bus and throw it at Superman, and they all had identical power to him.

Pretty sure he still had to hold on to the weight, as to keep it from shifting.

Reeve's was inconsistent, blame it on 1980's SFX.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
wait a damn minute, i thought Routh Superman WAS Reeve Superman. no expression

He is. Returns in an alternate Superman 3 which ignores the Reeve Superman 3 & 4 films.

marwash22
then why are people talking as if Reeve Supes is more powerful when the opposite should be true?

NemeBro
Shut up mother****er.

marwash22
Originally posted by roughrider
Lifting feats while flying are not feats of strength. Superman is extending the power he uses to fly to the object he is holding. It's strength of will rather than muscle, really. lolwut?!Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up mother****er. ohno

Robtard
then why are people talking as if Reeve Supes is more powerful when the opposite should be true?

Cos they're retarded. Though Reeves did have on-demand powers. Brick-laying vision. Saran-Wrap-Chest-Attack-Trap. Talking in space. There's more that I can't recall, I'm sure.

NemeBro
It is probably because the first Superman was a great film, and Returns, well, wasn't, lol.

marwash22
u mad 'cause his son styled on you.

RE: Blaxican
First Superman movie is actually kind of stupid as **** from a plot perspective; kind of like the original Star Wars trilogy.

Superman 1 had a bunch of plotholes, a deuce ex machina ending, and cheesy, one-dimensional characters. It's fun because the FX were good for its time and it's Superman, but it's realy kind of a dumb film.

NemeBro
You're black.

You don't have a soul, and thus can't form an opinion.

RE: Blaxican
reported have fun in ban land

wakkawakkawakka
Cos they're retarded. Though Reeves did have on-demand powers. Brick-laying vision. Saran-Wrap-Chest-Attack-Trap. Talking in space. There's more that I can't recall, I'm sure.

I actually did it because I wanted to include feats from 3 and 4 which wouldn't be possible had I just used Routh's Superman. Figured it'd give more varied results and the like

Newjak
then why are people talking as if Reeve Supes is more powerful when the opposite should be true? Because Superman's best feats are the Reeves version.

Liftin an island does not compare to pushing the moon or making the planet go backwards.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Newjak
Because Superman's best feats are the Reeves version.

Liftin an island does not compare to pushing the moon or making the planet go backwards. He lifted the island while stabbed with Kryptonite and having it around him.

Also, I am pretty sure he didn't "literally" make the planet go backwards, he just turned back time.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
First Superman movie is actually kind of stupid as **** from a plot perspective; kind of like the original Star Wars trilogy.

Superman 1 had a bunch of plotholes, a deuce ex machina ending, and cheesy, one-dimensional characters. It's fun because the FX were good for its time and it's Superman, but it's realy kind of a dumb film.

You're being too reasonable and normal. That's not the type of stuff people want to hear.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Also, I am pretty sure he didn't "literally" make the planet go backwards, he just turned back time.

Yes, that's what he did. He just flew fast enough to go back in time.

lilshogun
Where did you get your info? I never heard of that. Reeves and Routh played the same character. Nothing was alternate nor rebooted.Originally posted by Robtard
He is. Returns in an alternate Superman 3 which ignores the Reeve Superman 3 & 4 films.

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro

I like the way Superman "just" turned back time stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by lilshogun
Where did you get your info? I never heard of that. Reeves and Routh played the same character. Nothing was alternate nor rebooted.

If you're asking me: The events of Superman 3 and Superman 4 don't exist in the Routh timeline.

There's essentially two realities of events:

A) Superman (Reeve) 1, 2, 3 and 4

B) Superman (Reeve) 1, 2, Superman Returns (Routh).

BruceSkywalker
this a joke thread right???

Both Supermen take care of business

DARTH POWER
If you're asking me: The events of Superman 3 and Superman 4 don't exist in the Routh timeline.

There's essentially two realities of events:

A) Superman (Reeve) 1, 2, 3 and 4

B) Superman (Reeve) 1, 2, Superman Returns (Routh).

Exactly which is why I say Reeve Superman can be hurt and KO'd with enough firepower as seen in Superman 3.

Whilst as far as we know Routh Superman is completely invincible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.