KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman vs Loki's Army(Chitauri)

Superman vs Loki's Army(Chitauri)
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Superman vs Loki's Army(Chitauri)

I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist but instead of taking on the Avengers, what if the following versions of Superman were up against Loki's army; this would also include Loki himself.

So I have two scenarios that will assess how each Superman version does

Scenario 1: Superman(Reeve) vs Loki's army

Scenario 2: Superman(Routh) vs Loki's army

If Superman has too much of an advantage in either case, I'll allow the foot soldiers to each carry a shard of Kryptonite. If either Superman is somehow outmatched then he can gain the aid of one Avenger.

So how does Superman do?

Old Post May 16th, 2012 12:59 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Scenario 1: Superman wins he had just too many crazy feats.

Scenario 2: I could see Superman possibly losing. He was durable as hell against bullets but so was every other high end character in the Avengers and the alien lasers were still hurting them. They may effect him if they do it could be a long day for Superman.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 16th, 2012 01:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Superman stomps Loki's army along with the Avengers.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 02:09 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Superman's going to have to resolve to kill the Aliens and the giant creature carriers though; he can't just keep conking them out while they keep coming.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 16th, 2012 03:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Superman

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 16th, 2012 03:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Aww man...I though there would be more of a fight especially with Routh's Superman. Afterall I did allow the foot soldiers a shard of kryptonite and that should give the Routh version trouble at least right?

Though I think I agree that Reeve's Superman wins in round one.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 04:56 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilshogun

Based on these feats from Movie Superman vs Nuclear Man..I will still go with Loki and the Gang plus the Thor and Hulk. Supes fighting skills didn't look impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprtNrCMu3Y

Old Post May 16th, 2012 05:33 PM
lilshogun is currently offline Click here to Send lilshogun a Private Message Find more posts by lilshogun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Aww man...I though there would be more of a fight especially with Routh's Superman. Afterall I did allow the foot soldiers a shard of kryptonite and that should give the Routh version trouble at least right?

Though I think I agree that Reeve's Superman wins in round one.

Routh Superman showed more resistance to krytponite than Reeve's did. He managed to lift a small island made in part of the stuff while having a small shard of it still lodged in his body.

Though they're the same Superman. Returns is an alternate Superman 3.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

And yet, in the (un-edited) fight we see Superman push the god damn moon...

Supes stomps.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 05:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Routh Superman stomps. As far as we know he's invincible.

Reeve Superman however isn't invincible (durability wise) and will not necessarily just dodge everything.

I'm basing this off Superman 3 (not canon for Routh Superman) where he has to dodge rockets and gets KO'd by a missile.

So all the fire power of the Shitari would be a threat to him. Although he still most likely wins.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 07:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilshogun

Routh Superman being a deadbeat dad, his palnetary strength and speed would not hurt movie Thor. When Thor got smashed by Hulk numerous times, he never seemed to be injured. I don't think Superman will even dent Thor's hide. He will probably knock him through mountains but Thor just gets up. I believe the Hammer of Thor will decide the winner.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 08:03 PM
lilshogun is currently offline Click here to Send lilshogun a Private Message Find more posts by lilshogun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

You have your head up your ass. Thor is so tough he has to dive away from 20mm Cannon fire.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 08:07 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by lilshogun
Routh Superman being a deadbeat dad, his palnetary strength and speed would not hurt movie Thor. When Thor got smashed by Hulk numerous times, he never seemed to be injured. I don't think Superman will even dent Thor's hide. He will probably knock him through mountains but Thor just gets up. I believe the Hammer of Thor will decide the winner.

Hulk's punch bloodied Thor's nose.

A weakened Superman can lift an island from sea-level to outside Earth's atmosphere in about 90 seconds.

Thor has no chance here.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 08:12 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Robtard
Hulk's punch bloodied Thor's nose.

A weakened Superman can lift an island from sea-level to outside Earth's atmosphere in about 90 seconds.

Thor has no chance here.

Lifting feats while flying are not feats of strength. Superman is extending the power he uses to fly to the object he is holding. It's strength of will rather than muscle, really.

Look at the fight with Zod, Ursa and Non in Superman II. Standing on the ground, it took a few of them to lift a city bus and throw it at Superman, and they all had identical power to him.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman military pressed fault-lines in Superman 1.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:10 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

wait a damn minute, i thought Routh Superman WAS Reeve Superman. no expression

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:15 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Newjak
Scenario 1: Superman wins he had just too many crazy feats.

Scenario 2: I could see Superman possibly losing. He was durable as hell against bullets but so was every other high end character in the Avengers and the alien lasers were still hurting them. They may effect him if they do it could be a long day for Superman.
He survived orbital re-entry while weakened from Kryptonite and near-death.

Superman could solo the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:22 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by roughrider
Lifting feats while flying are not feats of strength. Superman is extending the power he uses to fly to the object he is holding. It's strength of will rather than muscle, really.

Look at the fight with Zod, Ursa and Non in Superman II. Standing on the ground, it took a few of them to lift a city bus and throw it at Superman, and they all had identical power to him.

Pretty sure he still had to hold on to the weight, as to keep it from shifting.

Reeve's was inconsistent, blame it on 1980's SFX.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by marwash22
wait a damn minute, i thought Routh Superman WAS Reeve Superman. no expression

He is. Returns in an alternate Superman 3 which ignores the Reeve Superman 3 & 4 films.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:23 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

then why are people talking as if Reeve Supes is more powerful when the opposite should be true?

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:25 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote