Oblivion (Tom Cruise & Morgan Freeman)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
http://www.tomcruiseforever.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/OBLIVION-1.jpg

Sounds like it could be intriguing.

Patient_Leech
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/13/first-look-at-tom-cruise-in-oblivion-set-photos.html

Patient_Leech
http://cdn1.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/oblivion-poster-570x836.jpg

Source] - Supposed to be a trailer released this weekend, too.

Robtard
Trailer: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t573350.html

Esau Cairn
So this is the 2nd sci-fi movie Cruise is in that's coming out in 2013?

roughrider
Well, at least now Joseph Kosinski is freed up to begin active work on the next TRON movie, now that Disney has given the greenlight.

Lord Lucien
So this isn't an Elder Scrolls movie then?

Lestov16
Holy shit Tom cruise has been working his ass off His divorce from Holmes was the best thing to ever happen

Major_Lexington
this looks good, Cruise has been rolling em out alright!

jaden101
Good grief. Despite it's huge cast and budget this look like truly generic sci-fi. My money is this being 2013's John Carter. universally panned.

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer while watching the hobbit .. I'll pass unless I see it free

Patient_Leech
http://d1fgn7wex1bhjn.cloudfront.net/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1357572975_1357570317_Tom-Cruise-and-Morgan-Freeman-in-Oblivion.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/385231_545028482174161_1354798757_n.jpg

Scythe
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Infortunetly.

Patient_Leech
A new trailer with more Morgan Freeman and plot, supposedly. I think I'm gonna sit this one out, though, cuz I plan to actually see the movie...

FH7MM3c8mJI

Lord Lucien
There's something Cloud Atlas-y about this movie. And that's not a good thing, cuz that movie kinda sucked.

Patient_Leech
I see what you mean as far as the futuristic design, but it'll probably be nothing like Cloud Atlas in style or narrative.

I didn't think Cloud Atlas sucked, though. It was just... different.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I see what you mean as far as the futuristic design, but it'll probably be nothing like Cloud Atlas in style or narrative.

The closest description I've read was comparing it to Wall-E.
Cruise is like the lone maintenance-repairman whose job is to service the drones that protect Earth's wastelands whilst the entire population lives in "cloud-cities".

Patient_Leech
Saw this last night in IMAX. It is basically a conglomeration of all the major science fiction films of the last 40 or 50 years or so (2001 a space oddyssey, the Matrix, Planet of the Apes, Moon, I am Legend, the Jetsons, lol, etc etc! ). But it's so extremely beautifully filmed that it completely obsorbs you. And as far as I'm concerned there's nothing really truly original in science fiction left to do, so mashing everything up is still acceptible when it's this well done.

And if you didn't watch the trailers (glad I didn't), you still be left guessing pretty much until the end. I liked it, but then again I'm a sucker for sci-fi. I recommend it.

(And an added bonus is that it was filmed largely in Iceland where the opening to Prometheus was filmed. I'm almost positive that I saw that very same waterfall. The whole movie is just gorgeous to look at, damn.)

Supra
Awesome movie!

Robtard
Slowish moving but keeps you interested until somewhere between the 1/2 & 3/4th mark; then turns into a generic sci-fi drudgery where you can pretty much guess the end plot.

Not worth the price of admission, unless you get it at the cheap rate.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Slowish moving but keeps you interested until somewhere between the 1/2 & 3/4th mark; then turns into a generic sci-fi drudgery where you can pretty much guess the end plot.

Not worth the price of admission, unless you get it at the cheap rate.

^ kmc's very own Debbie Downer butting in right on cue.

Robtard
^ kmc's very own Debbie Downer butting in right on cue.

KMC's own Mrs. Icrywhenpeopledontlikethemoviesilike responding as expected.

Also, when is posting your opinion in a thread about opinion of the subject "butting in"? This isn't a blog, if you can't handle other people having different views, go start a blog you queer. Cry more now.

Patient_Leech
lol, you're so easy to get a rise out of.

Please, brahtard. I don't give a shit what you like, don't be so narcissistic. You're just so damn negative. A very one sided review, not even mentioning a single positive aspect.

Patient_Leech
But all in all, my thoughts after thinking about it for a while... Oblivion would get a whole lot more street cred if Moon hadn't come out like 4 years ago. It seemed to borrow some of the major plot devises/twists from that movie.

Robtard
lol, you're so easy to get a rise out of.

Please, brahtard. I don't give a shit what you like, don't be so narcissistic. You're just so damn negative. A very one sided review, not even mentioning a single positive aspect.

Oh, you sure got me. I was totally in a rage.

Come on. You care a lot. A whole lot. Movie was just meh overall, there's not much else to say. "The landscape was lovely"(i've seen pics of Iceland before). "Tom Cruise acted alright". (I've seen him act far better).

The_Tempest
It was definitely slowish, but I liked the movie. Ol' Cruise proves again and again that while he may indeed by a whacky sumb1tch, he's a good actor.

BellaMario
slowish moving is really good, great to walk.

Berikx
The main problem of Oblivion is that it is not Sci-Fi, not really. There are some major holes in the movie logic, especially in the invaders' behavior.

Lord Lucien
Oh please. Do go on.

Robtard
Oh please. Do go on.

Like why would they want sea water, it's full of fish doodoo.

ShadeSlayer15
because its like this, Battle LA they wanted the same thing it was like their blood, Oblivion looks dope, If you don't like it all I got to say is **** YOUR OPINION #HATER

Lord Lucien
The f*ck?

Patient_Leech
^ lol

This comes out on Blu-ray on August 6th here in the States. Not sure if I'm gonna buy or not, yet.. it will certainly look and sound fantastic, though, that's for sure.

S_W_LeGenD
Two words: great movie.

Esau Cairn
I know it all turned out to be a facade but it was hard to believe from the start that a 2 person crew & Cruise on his own was suppose to monitor, repair & protect everything from the scavs.

justnic

I got excited about that too..

Still, it seems it could be okay, though I have a hard time watching Tom Cruise and taking him seriously. The man is a nutter.

Supra
I love this movie watched it over 10 times at least.

Supra
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Two words: great movie.

Yus!

samhain
Lot's of cliches in this movie I felt.

Fireon
i guess it's one of the best movie of tom cruise!

Daisy Roberts
Originally posted by The_Tempest
It was definitely slowish, but I liked the movie. Ol' Cruise proves again and again that while he may indeed by a whacky sumb1tch, he's a good actor.

absolutely agree with you)Tom Cruise is a great actor))

Time Immemorial
Great movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.