KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Oblivion (Tom Cruise & Morgan Freeman)

Oblivion (Tom Cruise & Morgan Freeman)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oblivion (Tom Cruise & Morgan Freeman)

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he is to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself.

[IMDB]

Sounds like it could be intriguing.

quote:
Director Joseph Kosinski helmed the visually astounding Tron Legacy. For Oblivion, Kosinki got the French electronic band M83 to bestow an ‘emotional and triumphant’ (Kosinsky) score on the film. The director has some experience of getting French electo bands to deliver awesome scores for his films: The cult band Daft Punk was responsible for the great Tron Legacy score.

[Source]

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 10:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 08:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

[Source] - Supposed to be a trailer released this weekend, too.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 04:19 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 07:37 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

So this is the 2nd sci-fi movie Cruise is in that's coming out in 2013?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 05:36 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, at least now Joseph Kosinski is freed up to begin active work on the next TRON movie, now that Disney has given the greenlight.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 05:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So this isn't an Elder Scrolls movie then?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 09:19 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Holy shit Tom cruise has been working his ass off His divorce from Holmes was the best thing to ever happen

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 07:52 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

this looks good, Cruise has been rolling em out alright!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2012 04:10 AM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good grief. Despite it's huge cast and budget this look like truly generic sci-fi. My money is this being 2013's John Carter. universally panned.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 02:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw the trailer while watching the hobbit .. I'll pass unless I see it free

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 06:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 11:26 PM
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So this isn't an Elder Scrolls movie then?

Infortunetly.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 06:34 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A new trailer with more Morgan Freeman and plot, supposedly. I think I'm gonna sit this one out, though, cuz I plan to actually see the movie...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 10:10 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

There's something Cloud Atlas-y about this movie. And that's not a good thing, cuz that movie kinda sucked.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 11:21 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I see what you mean as far as the futuristic design, but it'll probably be nothing like Cloud Atlas in style or narrative.

I didn't think Cloud Atlas sucked, though. It was just... different.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 12:18 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I see what you mean as far as the futuristic design, but it'll probably be nothing like Cloud Atlas in style or narrative.

The closest description I've read was comparing it to Wall-E.
Cruise is like the lone maintenance-repairman whose job is to service the drones that protect Earth's wastelands whilst the entire population lives in "cloud-cities".

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 07:22 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Saw this last night in IMAX. It is basically a conglomeration of all the major science fiction films of the last 40 or 50 years or so (2001 a space oddyssey, the Matrix, Planet of the Apes, Moon, I am Legend, the Jetsons, lol, etc etc! ). But it's so extremely beautifully filmed that it completely obsorbs you. And as far as I'm concerned there's nothing really truly original in science fiction left to do, so mashing everything up is still acceptible when it's this well done.

And if you didn't watch the trailers (glad I didn't), you still be left guessing pretty much until the end. I liked it, but then again I'm a sucker for sci-fi. I recommend it.

(And an added bonus is that it was filmed largely in Iceland where the opening to Prometheus was filmed. I'm almost positive that I saw that very same waterfall. The whole movie is just gorgeous to look at, damn.)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:43 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awesome movie!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:32 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Slowish moving but keeps you interested until somewhere between the 1/2 & 3/4th mark; then turns into a generic sci-fi drudgery where you can pretty much guess the end plot.

Not worth the price of admission, unless you get it at the cheap rate.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2013 07:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote