what was the point of this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
What comic book decisions do you believe werent really thought out on the creative table? Lets keep it within the last decade.

1. Bringing Mockingbird back (what was the point if they were just going to give her the infinity formula and let her fade into the background as wallpaper)
2. Jessica Drew- Shes given a push only for you to find out she was a skrull, than since they have no idea what to do with her, they pair her up with Hawkeye for no reason.
3. OMD (Yeah I know its a given) but it makes even less sense now since Quesada and Slott have both agreed that they will never pair Peter up with a super powered female love interest. So basically all that talk about opening the door for new stories was bullshit and you just wanted Peter back to where he was in the early 80s where he will love triangle between MJ and (insert normal female love interest) Ad infinitum.
4. Nick Fury Jr frusty
5. Roy Harper - Thats nice, take a character who youve already put through the ringer, kill his daughter, drive him back to addiction, and than reboot him as the loser sidekick to another former loser sidekick.
6. Helena Kyle- boy was that not thought out

Digi
Flashpoint?

Endless Mike
Every event Marvel has done since Annihilation

HueyFreeman
Bart Allen . Hes Barry's grandson from the legion timeline? Hes aged to an adult, killed, and than reverted to kid flash.
Cassandra Cain. She gets a huge push after NML, than OYL turns her into a villian which doesnt sit well with fans so they make bruce a dick (by leaving an emotionally damaged teenager alone to find himself). He doesnt adopt her and so she takes Deathstroke on as a surrogate father.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Bart Allen . Hes Barry's grandson from the legion timeline? Hes aged to an adult, killed, and than reverted to kid flash.
Cassandra Cain. She gets a huge push after NML, than OYL turns her into a villian which doesnt sit well with fans so they make bruce a dick (by leaving an emotionally damaged teenager alone to find himself). He doesnt adopt her and so she takes Deathstroke on as a surrogate father.

On the Cassie front, at least they fixed that to some extent when they realised it was incredibly bad ( retconned it to mind control and drugs), and had Bruce adopt her at the end of her mini (albeit, then he died and then soon enough we got Flashpoint).

JakeTheBank
Roy Harper's character assassination was one of the lowest points of the DCU ever. Killing off Lian and regressing him into a drug addict was horrible.

Scythe
Nick Fury Jr. to me. Wat.

-Pr-
What Marvel did to Cyclops.
Green Arrow post-preboot.
I'd say Hank Pym too, but that was more Bendis just being a dickhead after Slott had worked so hard to redeem Hank.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Green Arrow got shafted, too. Cry For Justice My Money Back shat on Ollie, Hal, Ray Palmer, and pretty much everyone involved.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, Green Arrow got shafted, too. Cry For Justice My Money Back shat on Ollie, Hal, Ray Palmer, and pretty much everyone involved.

Yeah.

I mean, I could imagine Ollie being a killer out of revenge, but the way it was handled wasn't great.

Winnick for me still writes the best Ollie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
Nick Fury Jr. to me. Wat.

Well its hard for Nick Fury Snr to continue when someone extracted the infinity formula from him.

basilisk
1. Bringing Mockingbird back
2. Jessica Drew-
3. OMD
4. Nick Fury Jr

Thought the same about all of these. I liked Mockingbird as a backup to Hawkeye but since they brought her back she's just kind of faded out. Nick Fury Jr is just plain awful.

HueyFreeman
Almost forgot identity Crisis. It made the league look look like dicks, Superman look like a clueless loser, and zatanna.......poor zatanna.

-K-M-
Ultimatum (Ultimate Marvel) - Just a senseless massacre....

Angel - Killed and partially eaten by Sabretooth. (Ultimatum #4)
Beast - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Blob - Head bitten off by Hank Pym. (Ultimatum #3)
Cannonball - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Captain Britain - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Cypher - Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Cyclops - Shot in the head by Quicksilver. (Ultimatum #5)
Daredevil - Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
Dazzler - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Detonator - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Doctor Doom - Head crushed by the Thing. (Ultimatum #5)
Doctor Strange - Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his head to explode. His body was taken by an unknown person. (Ultimatum #4)
Emma Frost - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Forge - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Franklin Storm - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Fantastic Four #58)
Hard-Drive - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Hank Pym - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Juggernaut - Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Longshot - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Lorelei - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Madrox - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Magneto - Decapitated by Cyclops. (Ultimatum #5)
Nightcrawler - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Polaris - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Professor X - Neck broken by Magneto. (Ultimatum #2)
Psylocke - Listed by Marvel as dead, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Sunspot - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Syndicate - Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Thor - Surrendered his soul to Valhalla, (Ultimatum #3) he has since returned alive.
Toad - Listed by Marvel as dead, though his death was never shown.
Wasp - Partially eaten by the Blob. (Ultimatum #2)
Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5)

-K-M-
X-Men: Deadly Genesis - Was a third Summer's brother necessary? Also why did they need a secret X-Men team that failed to rescue the original team from Krakoa and keep it a secret for so long? and when it wes finally revealed not much happened. Also the story randomly killed Banshee for no reason

Marvel needs to stop with these secret original teams, like the First Avengers led by Fury that had Sabretooth as a member and the First X-Men which also had Sabretooth as a member. For a villian he sure is in a lot of hero teams.

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-

Cypher - Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Daredevil - Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
Doctor Strange - Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his head to explode. His body was taken by an unknown person. (Ultimatum #4)
Juggernaut - Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Psylocke - Listed by Marvel as dead, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Syndicate - Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Thor - Surrendered his soul to Valhalla, (Ultimatum #3) he has since returned alive.
Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5) yeah, it seems like loeb was trying to close out the ultimate universe for good-- kill off everyone/thing so that no other writer would be able to explore it. it was... ultimately... an absolutely horrible story, and many of the main characters were resurrected anyway.

loeb failed in every possible way.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Galan007
and many of the main characters were resurrected anyway.

Who? Just Thor as far as I know.

Galan007
how should i know? i stopped reading the ultimate universe around the time ultimates 3 was released (though i did read ultimatum just to get a good lol.)

...i was just spit-balling. uhuh

Digi

Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5)

Actually, yes. A hundred times over. The Ultimate Universe was great. Legitimately great. Spider-Man, FF, X-Men, Ultimates, etc. were all very solid/excellent. At one point I preferred it to 616, and it wasn't even close. Then Loeb killed everything, literally and figuratively.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Galan007
how should i know? i stopped reading the ultimate universe around the time ultimates 3 was released (though i did read ultimatum just to get a good lol.)

...i was just spit-balling. uhuh

Ah yes, Vol.3 also done by Loeb and was pretty bad too and ruined the Ultimates series.

Originally posted by Digi
Actually, yes. A hundred times over. The Ultimate Universe was great. Legitimately great. Spider-Man, FF, X-Men, Ultimates, etc. were all very solid/excellent. At one point I preferred it to 616, and it wasn't even close. Then Loeb killed everything, literally and figuratively.

Pretty much, there really isn't many Ultimate books avaliable right now. Even Loeb's Ultimate X which was postponed has officially been canned.

Newjak
Yeah agreed the Ultimate Universe was really good until it got really really bad

-Pr-
X-Men: Deadly Genesis - Was a third Summer's brother necessary? Also why did they need a secret X-Men team that failed to rescue the original team from Krakoa and keep it a secret for so long? and when it wes finally revealed not much happened. Also the story randomly killed Banshee for no reason

Marvel needs to stop with these secret original teams, like the First Avengers led by Fury that had Sabretooth as a member and the First X-Men which also had Sabretooth as a member. For a villian he sure is in a lot of hero teams.

Agreed. thumb up

-K-M-
Other pointless stories

-Turning Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch) into a woman
-Having a demon (Black Raazer) trapped in Puck and was the reason for Puck being a dwarf. He originally is over 6 feet tall...yeah
-Aunt May dying, turned out be an actress pretending to be her
-Xorn was Magneto and then wasn't
-Clones of Gwen Stacy

HueyFreeman
The hinted relationship between Daken and Johhny Storm.

-K-M-
Whaaaaaaa?

HueyFreeman
Whaaaaaaa? LOl it was in an issue between Daken and FF. Of course we know it was probably dakens pheremone ability that caused that attraction but still

HueyFreeman
Theres was a lotta stuff like this

-Pr-
Miss Sinister. Wtf.

-K-M-
Oh right Marvel turning mainstream character into woman: Miss.Sinister, Red Skull (Sin), Lady Deadpool, Red She Hulk, Iron Man (Pepper Pots), Black Panther, Galacta (Galactus' daughter), Loki, X-21, etc. Some worked, and some failed hard.

-K-M-
Theres was a lotta stuff like this

My reaction is still..........whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

He's doing up his pants and wearing one of Johnny's shirts......

Newjak
The Last couple of Marvel Events.

They promise Universe changing implications but everything changes back in time for the next big event to become impactful

Branlor Swift

Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5) Bwahahaha

I might actually read it just for shits and giggles.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Bwahahaha

I might actually read it just for shits and giggles.

Just watch Linkara's review instead

Scoobless
Years of character development of B listers such as Atlas and Radioactive Man completely ignored because the writer needs a generic villain for a pointless story.

JayDaDon
Was just reminded of one: Gwen Stacy having sex with Norman Osborn. Just...uhhh...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.