KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » what was the point of this?

what was the point of this?
Started by: HueyFreeman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

what was the point of this?

What comic book decisions do you believe werent really thought out on the creative table? Lets keep it within the last decade.

1. Bringing Mockingbird back (what was the point if they were just going to give her the infinity formula and let her fade into the background as wallpaper)
2. Jessica Drew- Shes given a push only for you to find out she was a skrull, than since they have no idea what to do with her, they pair her up with Hawkeye for no reason.
3. OMD (Yeah I know its a given) but it makes even less sense now since Quesada and Slott have both agreed that they will never pair Peter up with a super powered female love interest. So basically all that talk about opening the door for new stories was bullshit and you just wanted Peter back to where he was in the early 80s where he will love triangle between MJ and (insert normal female love interest) Ad infinitum.
4. Nick Fury Jr
5. Roy Harper - Thats nice, take a character who youve already put through the ringer, kill his daughter, drive him back to addiction, and than reboot him as the loser sidekick to another former loser sidekick.
6. Helena Kyle- boy was that not thought out

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Aug 5th, 2012 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:21 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Flashpoint?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 10:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Every event Marvel has done since Annihilation

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 10:58 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Bart Allen . Hes Barry's grandson from the legion timeline? Hes aged to an adult, killed, and than reverted to kid flash.
Cassandra Cain. She gets a huge push after NML, than OYL turns her into a villian which doesnt sit well with fans so they make bruce a dick (by leaving an emotionally damaged teenager alone to find himself). He doesnt adopt her and so she takes Deathstroke on as a surrogate father.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 12:13 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Bart Allen . Hes Barry's grandson from the legion timeline? Hes aged to an adult, killed, and than reverted to kid flash.
Cassandra Cain. She gets a huge push after NML, than OYL turns her into a villian which doesnt sit well with fans so they make bruce a dick (by leaving an emotionally damaged teenager alone to find himself). He doesnt adopt her and so she takes Deathstroke on as a surrogate father.

On the Cassie front, at least they fixed that to some extent when they realised it was incredibly bad ( retconned it to mind control and drugs), and had Bruce adopt her at the end of her mini (albeit, then he died and then soon enough we got Flashpoint).

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 12:35 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Roy Harper's character assassination was one of the lowest points of the DCU ever. Killing off Lian and regressing him into a drug addict was horrible.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 04:26 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Nick Fury Jr. to me. Wat.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 04:36 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What Marvel did to Cyclops.
Green Arrow post-preboot.
I'd say Hank Pym too, but that was more Bendis just being a dickhead after Slott had worked so hard to redeem Hank.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 04:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah, Green Arrow got shafted, too. Cry For Justice My Money Back shat on Ollie, Hal, Ray Palmer, and pretty much everyone involved.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 04:45 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, Green Arrow got shafted, too. Cry For Justice My Money Back shat on Ollie, Hal, Ray Palmer, and pretty much everyone involved.

Yeah.

I mean, I could imagine Ollie being a killer out of revenge, but the way it was handled wasn't great.

Winnick for me still writes the best Ollie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 06:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Scythe
Nick Fury Jr. to me. Wat.

Well its hard for Nick Fury Snr to continue when someone extracted the infinity formula from him.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 06:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Re: what was the point of this?

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
1. Bringing Mockingbird back
2. Jessica Drew-
3. OMD
4. Nick Fury Jr

Thought the same about all of these. I liked Mockingbird as a backup to Hawkeye but since they brought her back she's just kind of faded out. Nick Fury Jr is just plain awful.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 12:42 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Almost forgot identity Crisis. It made the league look look like dicks, Superman look like a clueless loser, and zatanna.......poor zatanna.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 01:47 PM
-K-M-

Ultimatum (Ultimate Marvel) - Just a senseless massacre....

Angel - Killed and partially eaten by Sabretooth. (Ultimatum #4)
Beast - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Blob - Head bitten off by Hank Pym. (Ultimatum #3)
Cannonball - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Captain Britain - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Cypher - Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Cyclops - Shot in the head by Quicksilver. (Ultimatum #5)
Daredevil - Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
Dazzler - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Detonator - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Doctor Doom - Head crushed by the Thing. (Ultimatum #5)
Doctor Strange - Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his head to explode. His body was taken by an unknown person. (Ultimatum #4)
Emma Frost - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Forge - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Franklin Storm - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Fantastic Four #58)
Hard-Drive - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Hank Pym - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Juggernaut - Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Longshot - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Lorelei - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Madrox - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Magneto - Decapitated by Cyclops. (Ultimatum #5)
Nightcrawler - Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
Polaris - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Professor X - Neck broken by Magneto. (Ultimatum #2)
Psylocke - Listed by Marvel as dead, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Sunspot - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Syndicate - Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Thor - Surrendered his soul to Valhalla, (Ultimatum #3) he has since returned alive.
Toad - Listed by Marvel as dead, though his death was never shown.
Wasp - Partially eaten by the Blob. (Ultimatum #2)
Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 03:32 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

X-Men: Deadly Genesis - Was a third Summer's brother necessary? Also why did they need a secret X-Men team that failed to rescue the original team from Krakoa and keep it a secret for so long? and when it wes finally revealed not much happened. Also the story randomly killed Banshee for no reason

Marvel needs to stop with these secret original teams, like the First Avengers led by Fury that had Sabretooth as a member and the First X-Men which also had Sabretooth as a member. For a villian he sure is in a lot of hero teams.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 06:48 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -K-M-

Cypher - Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Daredevil - Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
Doctor Strange - Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his head to explode. His body was taken by an unknown person. (Ultimatum #4)
Juggernaut - Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Psylocke - Listed by Marvel as dead, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Syndicate - Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Thor - Surrendered his soul to Valhalla, (Ultimatum #3) he has since returned alive.
Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5)
yeah, it seems like loeb was trying to close out the ultimate universe for good-- kill off everyone/thing so that no other writer would be able to explore it. it was... ultimately[shifty]... an absolutely horrible story, and many of the main characters were resurrected anyway.

loeb failed in every possible way.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 07:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Galan007
and many of the main characters were resurrected anyway.

Who? Just Thor as far as I know.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 07:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

how should i know? i stopped reading the ultimate universe around the time ultimates 3 was released (though i did read ultimatum just to get a good lol.)

...i was just spit-balling.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 08:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by -K-M-

Actually, yes. A hundred times over. The Ultimate Universe was great. Legitimately great. Spider-Man, FF, X-Men, Ultimates, etc. were all very solid/excellent. At one point I preferred it to 616, and it wasn't even close. Then Loeb killed everything, literally and figuratively.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 08:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Galan007
how should i know? i stopped reading the ultimate universe around the time ultimates 3 was released (though i did read ultimatum just to get a good lol.)

...i was just spit-balling.

Ah yes, Vol.3 also done by Loeb and was pretty bad too and ruined the Ultimates series.

Originally posted by Digi
Actually, yes. A hundred times over. The Ultimate Universe was great. Legitimately great. Spider-Man, FF, X-Men, Ultimates, etc. were all very solid/excellent. At one point I preferred it to 616, and it wasn't even close. Then Loeb killed everything, literally and figuratively.

Pretty much, there really isn't many Ultimate books avaliable right now. Even Loeb's Ultimate X which was postponed has officially been canned.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 09:10 PM