If you could be any character for one day, who would you be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
Who would you pick? From comics, to anime, to television characters, movies etc

Branlor Swift
Iron Fist

I'd go around terraforming barren planets to be full of life and such. That's so they could see my ultimate masterpiece; Where I align the stars to look like a giant chi fist punching a dragon viewable from any planet in the known universe.

Bentley
Thor, I want to know how it feels to get koed.

-Pr-
mmm

Pre-reboot Green Arrow.
Post-reboot Bruce Wayne.
Pre-X-Men 500 Cyclops.
Pre-punching-bag Thor.
DCNU Superman.

Lek Kuen
Did you chose DCNU Supes over new earth because you wouldn't be married to Lois?

janus77
TOAA, then I'd extend that day into infinity.

Being a little more ambitious, and remaining within the Marvel 616 Universe, I'd be Surfer - just explore the whole universe in a few seconds, then goof off for the day with his powers. Meld with a star for an hour, disperse my consciousness across a planet (maybe across a hot women's synchronised swim team), create weird elements and oh yeah, KO Thor just for the hell of it.

Ultimately, it'd be insanely thrilling to be Hulk for a day, without the guilt and consequences. Annihilate Rulk and the military, permanently kill off The Illuminati (well, Reed, Stark and Xavier really) and then kill Thor just to prove to him that he never really had a chance back in the day (if he thinks his luck is bad now, he should remember the savage KOing he got), nevermind now that Hulk doesn't have the internal conflict going on. Oh and then I'd sign over a bunch of BannerTech patents to me ... not sure how well IP can transcend the fourth wall, but it's worth a shot.

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom.

Everyone would be phucked, tbh.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Did you chose DCNU Supes over new earth because you wouldn't be married to Lois?

Actually no; at least, not primarily. I picked him because I like the idea of a younger, rawer character. He's not at that whole "apple pie" stage yet.

I like that whole "I'm taking on an army of Parademons, everyone thinks I'm awesome and I don't give a ****" aspect we saw of him in JL.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by janus77
TOAA, then I'd extend that day into infinity.

Digi
...something something time manipulation loophole.

srug

Which is negated by making it a "relative" day, regardless of time shenanigans.

Then it probably doesn't matter. If any of us picked a relatively powerful power set, we'd spend the whole day either trying not to die or trying not to kill anyone by accident. I'd pick Batman and assume it includes his riches. Then I'd buy a bunch of awesome stuff, hoping it stayed with me after the day was over.

If it didn't, I'd just call a press conference with a "really important announcement." Then I'd fart into the microphone and laugh uncontrollably, before high-fiving my bikini-clad assistant.

Galan007
Power Girl.

Cogito
Excluding time manipulating characters and superheroines with generously sized boobies...

I'd pick one of any number of super-geniuses and use that day to create tons of awesome shit I'd use for the days when I wasn't a super-genius.

janus77
Originally posted by Digi
...something something time manipulation loophole.

srug

Which is negated by making it a "relative" day, regardless of time shenanigans.

Then it probably doesn't matter. If any of us picked a relatively powerful power set, we'd spend the whole day either trying not to die or trying not to kill anyone by accident. I'd pick Batman and assume it includes his riches. Then I'd buy a bunch of awesome stuff, hoping it stayed with me after the day was over.

If it didn't, I'd just call a press conference with a "really important announcement." Then I'd fart into the microphone and laugh uncontrollably, before high-fiving my bikini-clad assistant.
you're in a comic universe for "a day", why would you care about killing people?

also, TOAA transcends the comic - being representative of the creator/company behind the comic - and reaches right into our real world. So, yeah ... I'd just hire myself to be the Chairman for Life, of Marvel.

Bentley
Its annoying when characters get killed for no reason.

Digi
Originally posted by janus77
you're in a comic universe for "a day", why would you care about killing people?

also, TOAA transcends the comic - being representative of the creator/company behind the comic - and reaches right into our real world. So, yeah ... I'd just hire myself to be the Chairman for Life, of Marvel.

The latter kinda invalidates the spirit of the OP. Obviously we'd take the loophole if possible, but that's less fun for discussion.

The former...is evil. Do I really need to explain why killing someone would be bad in any universe?

So anyway, I'm sticking with my press conference fart. Epic lulz right there.

fdog

janus77
I'd still chose Surfer. And maybe I'd go into DCU and hook-up with Power Girl, Wonder Woman and - given my indifference to morality in comics - Supergirl!

Oh and ofcourse I'd kill Superman, Lex Luthor, Toy Man etc etc... but that's only the morning.

BlackZero30x
Reed Richards. I would then proceed to create something that allows me to gain whatever power I would want that will never go away!

Total Invincibility btw.

HueyFreeman
Dr light blink

tests
ok lets take off that one day limit. If you could be any character for LIFE!

janus77
Originally posted by tests
Reed Richards or Banner.
Either one could invent powers to rival anyone else, if the need arose, plus Banner's always got Hulk.

Reed's got a fine setup with the FF, lackeys, totty, genius daughter and an abstract-ish son...

Hulk's got Skaar and ... indestructible pants.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by tests

under this condition I would go with The Flash as hes my favorite character. Though I am quite aware of the downside to his power set but I think I would be more then able to handle it.

JayDaDon
But can't flash adjust his perceptions to human time when he wants to? If that's the case, being the flash would rule. Either that or getting a GL ring.

BlackZero30x
if he so much as accidentally bumped someone at high speed they would be pretty dead. So adjusting his perception would be a risky thing and could only go so far at high speeds. I personally wouldn't mind "relative time" because if I wanted to run from the U.S. to France I would have all that time alone and to see all the sights! Not to mention at relative time I wouldn't fatigue like in regular time!

tests

-Pr-
For life?

Cyclops.

Konton
The Doctor.

tests
Originally posted by Konton
The Doctor.

the doctor? dr.strange?

Damborgson
Originally posted by -Pr-
For life?

Cyclops.

Really? You mean for like his status?

Mindship
Surfer, so I could feel what it's like to drop like a stone when knocked off the board, though otherwise being godlike.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
if he so much as accidentally bumped someone at high speed they would be pretty dead. So adjusting his perception would be a risky thing and could only go so far at high speeds. I personally wouldn't mind "relative time" because if I wanted to run from the U.S. to France I would have all that time alone and to see all the sights! Not to mention at relative time I wouldn't fatigue like in regular time!

Yeah there would be tons of awesome things about being the flash. If you adjust your perceptions accordingly you won't really have to worry about hitting anyone though right? And there's always phasing.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Yeah there would be tons of awesome things about being the flash. If you adjust your perceptions accordingly you won't really have to worry about hitting anyone though right? And there's always phasing. Well at particular points of speed like lets say Im running at light speed, you have no choice but to make your perception equal to that speed or you wouldn't be able to see. Or if you break the sound barrier you wouldn't be able to hear. Running at a few 100 miles per hour would be fine with adjusted perception as long as you can still perceive enough of what you are doing. I would love to be moving so fast that I could see bullets frozen in air though. Phasing seemed like it would be a hard trick to master as it took wally ages to catch on without blowing things up.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Damborgson
Really? You mean for like his status?

nope. he's my favourite character.

Blair Wind
Kyle Rayner with his original ring.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by -Pr-
For life?

Cyclops.
So you'd be you with laser eyes? Seems a lil cheap of an answer

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
So you'd be you with laser eyes? Seems a lil cheap of an answer

inorite?

tests
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kyle Rayner with his original ring.

any reason why you would want to be him?

the ninjak
Marvel Dracula pre Curse of the Mutants version.

tests
imagine being franklin richards o.o

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kyle Rayner with his original ring. A lantern ring seems like more trouble than its worth. Seems like an easy way to kill someone accidentally especially if you have an overactive imagination.

srankmissingnin
Daredevil or Hawkeye in Marvel, Nightwing or Kyle Rayner in DC. They are your best chance to get into the panties of the majority of super heroines in their respective universes.

tests
Being batman would be pretty interesting as well.

roughrider
Thor - He's got the best of all possible worlds. Gets to spend time in Midgard's dimension and Asgard, and his princely duties are mainly about beating up & killing all threats to the eternal realm. Go where you want with mjolnir, able to take on any opponents up to herald level, able to drink & seduce women far beyond any possible human capacity... stick out tongue

Even if it was just for one day, I'd go on the greatest bender of all time.

(...I guess really I would be Thor, but act like Hercules. big grin )

JayDaDon
Tony stark. Rich, ladies, I would test drive every suit in the Armory.

tests
no one would want to be doctor strange?

Stoic
Probably All Star Superman so that I would be able to work at light speed for 24 hours to discover a way to make my super powers last for the duration of my life.

My second choice would be Dr. Doom, so then I could go way back in time, and discover where various undiscovered treasures were buried.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.