Spiderman 700

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
Anybody interested in what the revelation will be in spiderman 700. We half a few interesting arcs coming up. Spiderman will get a sidekick and then the war will break out between the two hobgoblins now that roderick kinglsey is back. All leading to some "game changer" in spiderman 700.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/426/134915s0.jpg

HueyFreeman
wrong forum damn

StiltmanFTW
Who is the other Hobgoblin?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Who is the other Hobgoblin? Phil Urich

HueyFreeman
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4207/1530141goblindeath3supe.png

R.I.P daniel Kingsley lol

Endless Mike
Unless they're undoing OMD I don't care.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Unless they're undoing OMD I don't care. LOl. Thats basically what slotts run has been doing. He cant get rid of the mephisto deal but he put mj in a place close to where she was pre OMD. Petes also coming into his own as a superhero again. Im actually interested in spiderman again because of his run

HueyFreeman
Anyway based on madame webs introspection. Its hinted that peter is going to kill someone soon. Hes getting pushed to that point I just wonder if they are going to follow through this time.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
LOl. Thats basically what slotts run has been doing. He cant get rid of the mephisto deal

Stopped reading here

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Stopped reading here

lol. Suit yourself. Once ASM put that in the rear-view, it's been one of the best books out there. Kraven's Last Hunt, Spider Island, Big Time, Ends of the Earth, just good story after good story. As long as a story doesn't intrinsically change the character - and OMD/BND didn't, Pete is still Pete 100% - there's only so long it remains relevant. Imo, at least. Nobody liked OMD, but it's just a blip on the radar at this point.

Endless Mike
I share the opinion of Linkara on this whole issue. See the end of this OMD review.

Bentley
My only problem is that Spiderman's sidekick is white, it does sound like a nitpick but meh.

SamZED
Think his sidekick will become a villain. As for the big reveleation... Spider-man will probably end up killing someone. On purpose. Makes sense concidering that's what Slott's stories have been about. Pete made the "noone dies" vow, yet he's been on the verge of killing someone several times during Slott's run. In an interview Slott said that the revelation wont be that much of a surprise, that it was hinted several times. Looks like Spider-man is going to snap...

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by SamZED
Think his sidekick will become a villain. As for the big reveleation... Spider-man will probably end up killing someone. On purpose. Makes sense concidering that's what Slott's stories have been about. Pete made the "noone dies" vow, yet he's been on the verge of killing someone several times during Slott's run. In an interview Slott said that the revelation wont be that much of a surprise, that it was hinted several times. Looks like Spider-man is going to snap... So then the question is what could make peter snap that badly. Usually when peter is pushed to the limit its because of the incredible lack of humanity of his adversary. Its why he was so close to doing it during the grimm hunt.

Bentley
Maybe Peter will be castrated? He would be the top mainstream enuch in comics!

StiltmanFTW
Phil Urich

Thanks.

Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe Peter will be castrated? He would be the top mainstream enuch in comics!

laughing

SamZED
So then the question is what could make peter snap that badly. Usually when peter is pushed to the limit its because of the incredible lack of humanity of his adversary. Its why he was so close to doing it during the grimm hunt. Maybe lots of people get killed. If he finally snaps its gonna be some major badguy/psycho.

Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe Peter will be castrated? He would be the top mainstream enuch in comics! Sorry, that's already taken by Ben Grimm. shifty

Lek Kuen
If he does do it how do you think you'll feel about it Sam? I remember a while back you told me that you don't think Peter should kill for any reason or it'll ruin the char, still feel that way?

StiltmanFTW
He will kill an undead Hand ninja yes Pretty hardcore for Parker's standards.

Digi
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
If he does do it how do you think you'll feel about it Sam? I remember a while back you told me that you don't think Peter should kill for any reason or it'll ruin the char, still feel that way?

It wouldn't ruin him at all. It would just show legitimate turmoil and an imperfectness that has defined Pete as a person since his origin. I think it would have that much more impact because of his stances on killing for years.

Same way Batman shooting Darkseid didn't ruin him. Frankly, even given the aversion to guns, for Batman to do anything less would've been out of character, imo.

JayDaDon
So Sam, what major confrontations lately have hinted to peter finally snapping? I ask because I haven't been keeping up with Spider-Man that much after EoTE.

SamZED
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
If he does do it how do you think you'll feel about it Sam? I remember a while back you told me that you don't think Peter should kill for any reason or it'll ruin the char, still feel that way? Yeah, I remember that. Im not a hypocrate, I don't think that Spider-man shouldn't kill no matter what.

If he kills someone just because he's had enough or pissed off or looking for a permanent solution.. that's not something I see Spider-man do in character. I know i'll be really really dissapointed if he does that. imo Spider-man is one of those characters who wont cross the line no matter what crap he lives through and that's what makes him so inspiring. That's what he's about.
But.. If he willingly crosses the line in order to save someone's life even knowing that it would ruin him in the process... that's different. Pretty much a self-sacrifice and I know I won't be upset.
But I do believe that it might ruin the character in the long run. That happened before. A writer does something with a character in order to make his story interesting and other writers are forced to deal with his story even 20 years later. Pym is a good example of that.

SamZED
Originally posted by JayDaDon
So Sam, what major confrontations lately have hinted to peter finally snapping? I ask because I haven't been keeping up with Spider-Man that much after EoTE.
First thing that comes to mind - Grimm Hunt. Spider-man almost killed Kraven in cooldblood but managed to control himself.
Then there was the spider-sland. He didnt kill anyone but had this long argument with Madame Webb. She had a vision of him killing The Queen and insisted that he should be willing to cross the line, he refused. In the end it turned out that she actually saw Kain, not Peter. Still the issue was brought up and discussed several times throughout the story.
Then there's Peter's last confrontation with the upgraded Lizard. Connors went berserk in the middle of a crowd and was attacking innocents. Spider-man realised that someone will definitely get killed unless he stops Lizard for good. He hesitated at first but eventually stabbed Lizard with a harpoon. That harpoon was supposed to cure him but there was a chance Connors might die in the process, Spider-man knew it and still took that risk. For a moment Peter believed that he killed Connors and he didn't take it well.
IMO that's what 700 is going to be about.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He will kill an undead Hand ninja yes Pretty hardcore for Parker's standards. He's killed an undead before. Meh.. that undead didn't have a green card so that doesn't count.

Bouboumaster
I wish Spider-Man die. Or at least, that the ret-con get ret-conned.

SamZED
Thanks to Slott Amazing Spider-man is in top 3 of Marvel's best books. I don't want it to end when the stories are so great. If they were going to kill him off they should've done it during Civil War.

Darth Vicious
If the leaked spoilers are true (I hope not) then ASM#700=BND v2. Supposedly Peter gives up the mantle to Doc Oc. who promises to do good. Peter consciousness fades away into nothingness.

steverules_2
What a load of bullshit that is, I hate that

Darth Vicious
I expected something more epic. They need to leave the character deaths alone for a long time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I expected something more epic. They need to leave the character deaths alone for a long time.

but you know parker will return in 6 months

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but you know parker will return in 6 months

Yes, that's why the issue is such a fail, everyone knows he'll be back before the new year is done.

BruceSkywalker
Yes, that's why the issue is such a fail, everyone knows he'll be back before the new year is done.

yep

Kazenji

thumb up

HueyFreeman
I expected something more epic. They need to leave the character deaths alone for a long time. Of everything that could have happened we get a body switch story. Wow! Slott really went downhill after spider island.

Kazenji
Of everything that could have happened we get a body switch story. Wow! Slott really went downhill after spider island.

Not really.

the ninjak
I think people have this all wrong.

Octavius possessing Parker's body is a smart move.

We get to see the Spidey know we with no limits. We also get to see a mole in the Avenger's line-up who will create mass ripples in the their influence.

Sure eventually Parker will re-arise...Dr Strange will notice the pattern in Spidey's soul and act accordingly, ect. But in the mean time this wasn't the death of Parker, it was the death of Doc Ock. But it will last many/few sagas until things are put right.

Thumbs up to Slott for this Suicidal Run. It was the death Doc Ock deserved.

It was well written and envisioned. And something the Spiderman series well benefit from.

Kid Kurdy
Of everything that could have happened we get a body switch story. Wow! Slott really went downhill after spider island.
It really is a bit more than just a body switch story.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by the ninjak
I think people have this all wrong.

Octavius possessing Parker's body is a smart move.

We get to see the Spidey know we with no limits. We also get to see a mole in the Avenger's line-up who will create mass ripples in the their influence.

Sure eventually Parker will re-arise...Dr Strange will notice the pattern in Spidey's soul and act accordingly, ect. But in the mean time this wasn't the death of Parker, it was the death of Doc Ock. But it will last many/few sagas until things are put right.

Thumbs up to Slott for this Suicidal Run. It was the death Doc Ock deserved.

It was well written and envisioned. And something the Spiderman series well benefit from.

Interesting point of view. Don't know about the whole mole part. Peter's memories might influence Doc Ock to prevent him from doing something like that.

vansonbee
So in a sense, Doc Oak did die. The mind switch gag wasn't the actual brain themselves, but copied memories stack on top of the other person mind.

Like a few poster above me stated, would love to see Oak Spiderman push his body to the limit, seeing how truly strong he is.

Regarding Parker coming back to life, I think it would be better if Oak Spiderman slowly revert back to normal Parker, when his memories and mind regain control.

In for the Mary Jane.

-Pr-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71953

Bentley
Loved the arc, hope the series continues picking up in Superior

Darth Vicious
Well that was fast! Peter is still lurking around his head.

-Pr-
Saw that yeah.

Kazenji
^ Same here

and yet people on here kept on saying that he was dead.

-Pr-
That's what we were led to believe, in fairness.

Kazenji
I wasn't

especially when people kept on saying his consciousness or something along those lines is still there.

-Pr-
"led to believe" isn't the same as made to believe.

There was always the chance that marvel would come back with it.

Kazenji
Miguel o'hara to feature in Superior Spider-Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43077

vansonbee
Originally posted by -Pr-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71953 Was DD not there, when Peter reveal himself to the FF and the New Avengers?

SamZED
He wasn't a member of NA at that moment. TBH I thought Ock will do a better job pretending to be Parker. He nearly killed the entire sinister six, punched Gargan's jaw clean off, keeps calling MJ "woman!", insults his colleagues, attacked Wolverine for no apparent reason and is now trying to "crush" Daredevil... and the first issue of superior Spider-man JUST came out.:/

SevenShackles
Originally posted by SamZED
He wasn't a member of NA at that moment. TBH I thought Ock will do a better job pretending to be Parker. He nearly killed the entire sinister six, punched Gargan's jaw clean off, keeps calling MJ "woman!", insults his colleagues, attacked Wolverine for no apparent reason and is now trying to "crush" Daredevil... and the first issue of superior Spider-man JUST came out.:/

This.. Makes me sad.
I had hopes that this would lead to a edgy and interesting storyline on a genius villain adopting and adapting to the role of his arch nemesis. This just seems like weak writing. As far as I can remember this doesn't seem that in character for the doctor. His social and decision skills seemed to have stayed In his original body.

Am I mistaken in recalling he had peters memories?

It doesn't really add up. Hope the end game here is worth it.

WanderingDroid
Marvel keeps f_cking up and why is everyone surprise? We all know they care more about making movies and making more money at the box office than their comic books.

the ninjak
Originally posted by SevenShackles
This.. Makes me sad.
I had hopes that this would lead to a edgy and interesting storyline on a genius villain adopting and adapting to the role of his arch nemesis. This just seems like weak writing. As far as I can remember this doesn't seem that in character for the doctor. His social and decision skills seemed to have stayed In his original body.

Am I mistaken in recalling he had peters memories?

It doesn't really add up. Hope the end game here is worth it.

It's not weak writing at all.

Parker went to great lengths to reintegrate himself back into his own body.

Regardless Spiderman's body is Parker's body!

Anyone would know that eventually Parker would re-obtain his own body.

Spidey 700 was the death of Doc Ock, not Parker.
This saga is a welcome one. A classic villain living inside Spiderman's body but with the lurking psyche of Peter keeping the spirit alive.

The response this series is getting amongst the community disgusts me.

It's the death Doc Ock deserves and yet the controversy Spidey needs.

Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Marvel keeps f_cking up and why is everyone surprise? We all know they care more about making movies and making more money at the box office than their comic books.

You're talking out of your ass. This series/saga has nothing to do with movies.

BlackZero30x
I didn't really like the way they ended it on #700 myself.

SamZED
Actually Slott made a wise move introducing Pete this way. Why not? Everyone knew he's coming back one way or the other so why create pointless drama? Thats what other writers do and its getting annoying. Definitely beats "ZOMG Thor died again, we'll probably never see him noooo!"erm

Kazenji

Actually your wrong there about their comic books

but who cares anyway you've got this arsehole attitude about them anyway.

SevenShackles
Humm got to give it a good read instead of the quick look threw I did before and I enjoyed the comic a little more. Its obvious Peter was coming back but I didn't catch that Otto can't hear him.. As in he isn't a Jiminy cricket dual personality arguing over moral choices (at least for now) more of the gentle nudge of a conscience.

I'm enjoying it so far but hope it doesn't crap out.

Question is this Otto spiderman taking place of spidey across the board? As in how many other comic titles will have him in it if any?

Kazenji
I'm sure Wolverine will sniff him out.

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually your wrong there about their comic books

but who cares anyway you've got this arsehole attitude about them anyway.

Okay, I'm wrong...that still doesn't change the fact that ASM #700 is a total piece of complete sh_t. That can be only be match by OMD.

And I'm sorry but it's my nature to have this arsehole attitude. I can't be a sheep like other readers. I have my own critique and thoughts and do not allow Marvel to think for me or make me like what they put in paper. That's my world and like you said....who cares?

As a matter of fact....F_ck Marvel.

Zack Fair
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22118873.jpg

Kazenji

And I'm sorry but it's my nature to have this arsehole attitude. I can't be a sheep like other readers. I have my own critique and thoughts and do not allow Marvel to think for me or make me like what they put in paper. That's my world and like you said....who cares?

Not a sheep like other readers, yeah whatever your the one complaining about this current change with Spider-man and most likely wants things back the way they are....your the one that's hindering changes

Good on ya DC fanboy

SamZED
Humm got to give it a good read instead of the quick look threw I did before and I enjoyed the comic a little more. Its obvious Peter was coming back but I didn't catch that Otto can't hear him.. As in he isn't a Jiminy cricket dual personality arguing over moral choices (at least for now) more of the gentle nudge of a conscience.

I'm enjoying it so far but hope it doesn't crap out.

Question is this Otto spiderman taking place of spidey across the board? As in how many other comic titles will have him in it if any? All of them. We won't see Pete as Spider-man until it's over obviously, so far it's Avenging Spider-man and Daredevil.

Darth Vicious

Question is this Otto spiderman taking place of spidey across the board? As in how many other comic titles will have him in it if any?

I think across the board. It seems he gets "fired" from the Avengers. I'm guessing they wont like his new attitude/extreme actions.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174327-comics-is-spider-man-getting-fired-from-the-avengers

SevenShackles
I think across the board. It seems he gets "fired" from the Avengers. I'm guessing they wont like his new attitude/extreme actions.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174327-comics-is-spider-man-getting-fired-from-the-avengers

Oh thanks. Was curious how the titles with spiderman in it would handle this 'new' spiderman without becoming overly active in the plot as I was hoping it wouldn't evolve into some sort of 'bring in spiderman!' crossover.

-Pr-
Slightly off topic, but it made me laugh:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/01/20/the-past-was-close-behind-spider-mans-wife-makes-a-curious-pledge/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.