Jenova Vs. Cthulhu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blight
Cthulhu can use any feats desired from any writer.

Jenova as well.

NemeBro
Haha, any feats from any writer?

Oh my God, you're insane.

Feats within what can vaguely be defined as the proper Cthulhu Mythos (I prefer Yog-Sothothery myself) include telepathy of a sufficient level to control the whole of Earth's population at full strength, and being able to tank nukes like they're pebbles.

And then there is silly shit like Demonbane, where Cthulhu is a life wiper to planet buster, can telekinetically raise continents, is massively hypersonic, and stuff.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro

Feats within what can vaguely be defined as the proper Cthulhu Mythos (I prefer Yog-Sothothery myself) include telepathy of a sufficient level to control the whole of Earth's population at full strength, and being able to tank nukes like they're pebbles.

And then there is silly shit like Demonbane, where Cthulhu is a life wiper to planet buster, can telekinetically raise continents, is massively hypersonic, and stuff.
I don't think I've read some of these. I apparently have to. haermm

Blight

Just seeing if people were paying attention shifty

NemeBro
Demonbane is a videogame, which come to think of it may disqualify it. mmm

And you wouldn't like it, lol.

the ninjak
Who is Jenova?

Batman-Prime
From FF7. An Virus which infected the life force of the planet and made Sephirot mad/evil.

Anyway. Cthulhu is an elder God who would own Jenova. She was stoped by mere metahumans like Cloud. The people who just see Cthulhu are driven mad. This ain't a contest imho.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
From FF7. An Virus which infected the life force of the planet and made Sephirot mad/evil.

Anyway. Cthulhu is an elder God who would own Jenova. She was stoped by mere metahumans like Cloud. The people who just see Cthulhu are driven mad. This ain't a contest imho.

Sweet! Cthulhu kills it no probs.

XanatosForever
Jenova infects Cthulhu, creating an even greater abomination which corrupts the planet before beginning migrations. Congratulations, we now have Cthulhu...In Space.

NemeBro
Normal Cthulhu came from the stars, you onion-breathed butthead.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime

Anyway. Cthulhu is an elder God who would own Jenova. She was stoped by mere metahumans like Cloud. The people who just see Cthulhu are driven mad. This ain't a contest imho. Cthulhu is a Great Old One.

the ninjak
And Cthulhu is but a pet compared to his elders. A harbinger of destruction.

NemeBro
The Elder Gods re more like the "good" counterpart of the Great Old Ones, created by Auguest Derleth, not Lovecraft.

Above both are the Outer Gods.

the ninjak
The Elder Gods re more like the "good" counterpart of the Great Old Ones, created by Auguest Derleth, not Lovecraft.

Above both are the Outer Gods.

I'm aware...my wording of elders didn't necessarily mean the Elder Gods who in fact weren't necessarily the good but the opponents of the Ancient Ones.

I meant Cthulhu in myth is obviously a lower being to the more extreme monstrosities in the Lovecraft Mythos. The more cosmic and infinite beings.

NemeBro
So the Outer Gods.

Loser.

the ninjak
Well yeah.....the whole purpose of the Lovecraftian Mythology personally is that there was a war between the two forces.

Cthulhu belonged to a force that briefly lost such a war and were trapped behind a wall that allowed mankind to evolve into the state that it exists in yet will eventually fall prey to their machinations.

The so called Elder Gods are long gone. And mankind as to Lovecraft's stories are just awaiting absolute destruction. Lovecraftian lore is Atheist in nature....showing an ancient race of powerful beings that are simply awaiting to unleash themselves onto mankind and obliterate them.

The film Hellboy showcased this to a degree. Rasputin unleashing such a horror onto earth through Hellboy himself but the incantation being interupted due to his humanity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.