Superman & Batman vs Ironman & Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

society619
Current Ironman
Current Thor
DCnU Superman
DCnU Batman

Both teams get 1 month prep
Fight will take place in middle of Georgia
Wins by KO
Morals On
Who Wins?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100513164220/ironman/images/d/da/Iron_man-123.jpg
http://collider.com/wp-content/image-base/Movies/T/Thor/thor_marvel_alex_ross_01.jpg

vs.

http://www.tonnerdoll.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/superman-2.png
http://www.gamefob.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tumblr_lta4ifP3US1qao7jyo1_500.jpg

JakeTheBank
Thor and Iron Man.

Batman-Prime
Not Thor and IronMan

JakeTheBank
Based on what?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor and Iron Man.

cdtm
Superman and Thor.

cdtm
Based on what?

Iron Man has prep. evil face

He is the anti Batman. Like how he takes on the Hulk on the spot in older armor and beats him, than get pwned in his cutting edge Hulkbuster.

Also, IMO Batman, while not having Black Panthers level of technology, can do at least as well as he did when counter prepping against Stark tech.. The stuff Panther did is not beyond Bruce's expertise, such as information gathering and exploiting basic weaknesses in his armor designs..

Batman-Prime
Based on what?

Batman being smarter and better at prep then Tony and Supes being more intelligent, faster ans stronger then Thor.

Tony has his Arsena, which is nice and dandyl. Superman has everything the Fortress of Solitude can offer. Batman can get an even better Insider suit with Supes help. Given Supes speed and intellect, they can build Brother eye within a month, and send an Army of Supermanbots and OMACs against Thor and IronMan. While they chill out and drink some tea, Thor and IM gets destroyed.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Batman being smarter and better at prep then Tony and Supes being more intelligent, faster ans stronger then Thor.

Tony has his Arsena, which is nice and dandyl. Superman has everything the Fortress of Solitude can offer. Batman can get an even better Insider suit with Supes help. Given Supes speed and intellect, they can build Brother eye within a month, and send an Army of Supermanbots and OMACs against Thor and IronMan. While they chill out and drink some tea, Thor and IM gets destroyed.

Batman's smarter than Tony? That's rich. He's a better detective and crime fighter, but in anything resembling technology and engineering (or science in general), Bruce is getting humbled big time.

Pretty sure you missed the "DCnU" part in the OP, which renders most of your argument invalid.

And Thor's prep time enables him to get shit like the Destroyer Armor.

cdtm

Good points.

TBH though, I normally give Supes a slight edge over Thor anyways, and in straight combat see Stark as a non factor.. Even if he decked out his suit full of Green K, that never worked out too well for Lex Luthor, and Supes has a MAJOR speed edge in this thing.

society619

So you think the insider suit is better than Tony's suits?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Iron Man has prep. evil face

He is the anti Batman. Like how he takes on the Hulk on the spot in older armor and beats him, than get pwned in his cutting edge Hulkbuster.

Also, IMO Batman, while not having Black Panthers level of technology, can do at least as well as he did when counter prepping against Stark tech.. The stuff Panther did is not beyond Bruce's expertise, such as information gathering and exploiting basic weaknesses in his armor designs..

That's assuming Batman gets one sided prep on Tony and Tony doesn't prep accordingly for Batman.

iceman24567
Batman creates brother eye 2.0 and solos

cdtm
That's assuming Batman gets one sided prep on Tony and Tony doesn't prep accordingly for Batman.

No, it's assuming the same scenario that happened between Iron Man and Panther.

Panther didn't use exotic tech, he used very basic tactics gained from industrial espionage. And Bruce is no stranger to that.

Batman-Prime
Batman's smarter than Tony? That's rich. He's a better detective and crime fighter, but in anything resembling technology and engineering (or science in general), Bruce is getting humbled big time.

Pretty sure you missed the "DCnU" part in the OP, which renders most of your argument invalid.

And Thor's prep time enables him to get shit like the Destroyer Armor.

He is the better tactitian and in a chess game or a prep war i would choose Bruce >>>>> Tony each day a week. Kryptonian tech on the other hand is >>> Tonys tech imho. Which Batman has access to.

DCnU my bad, still during the 5 years I guess they worked together alla Batman/Superman or Worlds Finest, they were a duo pre-dcnu that could work together better then anyone else.

So DCnU I don't know if they have this Bats/Supes history at all.

He has no power over the Destroyer Armor it belongs to his daddy, he would need to ask Odins permission which means he uses resources outside of his own and Tonys arsenal.

Originally posted by society619
So you think the insider suit is better than Tony's suits?

No, but Superman can use his resources and his intellect to improve it with his Kryptonian tech, which imho would give him a suit on Supes level.

JakeTheBank
So what feats are you basing DCnU Superman and Batman winning off of then?

That's without factoring the factor that Thor adds in this. Given Tony's connection to New Asgardia and their general comradrie, they also have access to potent mystical artifacts that Superman and Batman have no answer to at all.

JakeTheBank
He is the better tactitian and in a chess game or a prep war i would choose Bruce >>>>> Tony each day a week. Kryptonian tech on the other hand is >>> Tonys tech imho. Which Batman has access to.

DCnU my bad, still during the 5 years I guess they worked together alla Batman/Superman or Worlds Finest, they were a duo pre-dcnu that could work together better then anyone else.

He has no power over the Destroyer Armor it belongs to his daddy, he would need to ask Odins permission which means he uses resources outside of his own and Tonys arsenal.

So, really, nothing from DCnU to suggest them winning?

Thor is the Prince of Asgard and as such entitled to its various artifacts and weapons. Odin's not even in Asgardia right now, so that's a moot point. Thor doesn't need Odin's permission to use the relics of the kingdom which he's the heir of. There's also Norn Stones, the Odinsword, miscellaneous enchanted weapons and armors for them to peruse, etc. etc. etc.

As far as I know, neither DCnU Batman or Superman have anything in either of their resources to counter potent Asgardian artifacts/relics.

cdtm
Has Thor ever used the Destroyer armor before?

Seems like he's always fighting it, not using it for anything. And using the armor doesn't seem his style anyways.. I'd think CIS would cover against him using it.

society619

No, but Superman can use his resources and his intellect to improve it with his Kryptonian tech, which imho would give him a suit on Supes level.

Well if we are going to use upgrades on a already established suit what's stopping Ironman from doing the same thing with Thor? If Bleeding Edge is already better than the insider, if Tony makes upgrades to it wouldn't all of Bruce's work be for nothing?

Batman-Prime
So what feats are you basing DCnU Superman and Batman winning off of then?

That's without factoring the factor that Thor adds in this. Given Tony's connection to New Asgardia and their general comradrie, they also have access to potent mystical artifacts that Superman and Batman have no answer to at all.

That they are still better at teamworking and have access to better tech then Tony and Thor.

You are quite vague and it's still debatable if it's possible for them to get enough of this New Asgardian artifacts within a month. Superman on the other hand showed that he can learn and do things within seconds.

Tony and Thor aren't friends iirc, the last time Tony created a Thor clone and Thor kicked his ass after coming back from the dead... a great start for a team up isn't it?

society619
That they are still better at teamworking and have access to better tech then Tony and Thor.

You are quite vague and it's still debatable if it's possible for them to get enough of this New Asgardian artifacts within a month. Superman on the other hand showed that he can learn and do things within seconds.

Tony and Thor aren't friends iirc, the last time Tony created a Thor clone and Thor kicked his ass after coming back from the dead... a great start for a team up isn't it?

I see the point your trying to make with teamwork but I disagree with Bruce having better tech than Stark.

JakeTheBank

Based on what? What character developments in Justice League or any other DCnU title suggest DCnU Batman and Superman are great friends and as cohesive a unit as they were pre-Flashpoint?

I named explicit artifacts which Thor can call upon as royalty. Not sure how thats being vague when "kryptonian tech" isn't? And yes, considering most of this stuff is in the armory and where the stuff can be accessed easily by those who can retrieve it, it wouldn't take a month to gather these things.

....yeah, Thor and Tony have since made up. Like literally years ago. You're behind on their current stance as friends/teammates.

JakeTheBank
Has Thor ever used the Destroyer armor before?

Seems like he's always fighting it, not using it for anything. And using the armor doesn't seem his style anyways.. I'd think CIS would cover against him using it.

Yes, he has.

He's always fighting it because the Armor is almost always being used by nefarious means (ie. Loki's manipulation). It's still a weapon, a major one, in the arsenal of Asgard. Thor's not above using amps and special weapons if he deems it necessary, either.

cdtm
Originally posted by society619
I see the point your trying to make with teamwork but I disagree with Bruce having better tech than Stark.

Well, Starks no Doom..

Panther, he probably has better tech than Stark, but all he did against his fancy ceramic stealth suit is exploit it's vents to gum up his works, and reprogram his artificial heart thanks to code he gathered...

So he more or less fought like Batman would have.

Bruce could easily get specs on Starks armor, given intelligence gathering is what a detective does, and find a simple weakness to exploit..

cdtm
Yes, he has.

He's always fighting it because the Armor is almost always being used by nefarious means (ie. Loki's manipulation). It's still a weapon, a major one, in the arsenal of Asgard. Thor's not above using amps and special weapons if he deems it necessary, either.

Key words being, when he deems it necessary.

He's also very proud.. Using Asgards major relics against two "mere mortals" just doesn't sound like something Thor would do, imo.

JakeTheBank
Well, Starks no Doom..

Panther, he probably has better tech than Stark, but all he did against his fancy ceramic stealth suit is exploit it's vents to gum up his works, and reprogram his artificial heart thanks to code he gathered...

So he more or less fought like Batman would have.

Bruce could easily get specs on Starks armor, given intelligence gathering is what a detective does, and find a simple weakness to exploit..

While Bruce is doing his thing, what do you think Tony's doing?

cdtm

Coming up with a bigger, badder armor, like he usually does. wink

More than likely to counter Supes, more than Bats. Bats being seen as just a guy in a bat suit is one of his greatest strengths..

JakeTheBank
Key words being, when he deems it necessary.

He's also very proud.. Using Asgards major relics against two "mere mortals" just doesn't sound like something Thor would do, imo.

So we've established he has used this relics and whatnot before. Good. smile

Tony wouldn't have any issues, and seeing as he's helped rebuild Asgard and has been a strong ally of theirs (and as such granted more lenience as a mortal) to say nothing of the bond between he and Thor, really don't why the two of them wouldn't use the relics. Even barring the Destroyer Armor, they still have access to uru weapons and more mundane yet still highly powerful artifacts which, to date, I don't see either Bruce or Clark having a counter for.

iceman24567
XNtTEibFvlQ

JakeTheBank
Coming up with a bigger, badder armor, like he usually does. wink

More than likely to counter Supes, more than Bats. Bats being seen as just a guy in a bat suit is one of his greatest strengths..

Pretty sure Tony would investigate into both of them and given his seasoned experience, would want to look into a guy who'd likely remind him of Black Panther, whom he regards as a peer and equal and undoubtedly a threat if they were on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Tony's not above using every available resource and power he has to his advantage. Just look at the stuff he did while he was Director of SHIELD.

DCnU World's Finest just don't have the feats or the history to suggest them winning a prep war lasting 1 month. The only real arguments against Thor/Tony consist of assuming their relationship as friends/allies is shit (which isn't true), that Thor can't or won't access Asgard's armory (which isn't true), that gathering such things would take longer than a month (which isn't true), or if we're basically ignoring the whole DCnU versions of the characters to justify them winning.

I have no problem admitting that pre-Flashpoint versions could definitely win. But DCnU? Not really seeing it.

cdtm
Originally posted by iceman24567
XNtTEibFvlQ

laughing

pym-ftw
Thor solos with prep

Not sure I understand any arguments against that, other than an odd belief that he wouldn't because his pride will force him to not prep

erm

That's like arguing superman wouldn't fight Thor because Thor's is a nice guy. That kind of arguments have no place here when an OP states otherwise.

bayhunter12
Thor and Ironman take this. Ironman would absolutely destroy batman and then proceed to help Thor finish off superman.

Philosophía
Batman's smarter than Tony? That's rich. He's a better detective and crime fighter, but in anything resembling technology and engineering (or science in general), Bruce is getting humbled big time. Tony being a better engineer - which is a tangential field for Batman (and one in which he is still highly competitive, despite not spending nearly as much time in), but being better in virtually every other field, ranging from strategy, criminology to martial arts, makes Batman smarter than Tony "rich"?

Odd.

bayhunter12
Despite Batman's superior criminology and martial arts skill he still gets destroyed by Tony. Ironman's armor is just to much for Bruce to overcome.

Batman-Prime
Tech can be shut down. Supes is still faster and though they might not be able to "counter" Asgardian artifacts, whatever they might be. Kryptonian tech, weapons, ships, armor should still be sufficient enough. 1 Month at Superspeeds is an eternity to build up a defense and offense.

bayhunter12
highly doubt batman could shut down stark's suit imo.

pym-ftw
If Thor brings the Casket what does the team do?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Take it away from him and beat him to death, in a naonsecond sneer

cdtm
Thor solos with prep

Not sure I understand any arguments against that, other than an odd belief that he wouldn't because his pride will force him to not prep

erm

That's like arguing superman wouldn't fight Thor because Thor's is a nice guy. That kind of arguments have no place here when an OP states otherwise.

Superman will most definitely hold back, too.

CIS is on by default, unless the Op says otherwise. He did not here.

Thor refusing to prep up because of pride isn't an odd argument. It's entirely within his character. He rarely even uses the full range of his powers against the likes of Hulk because of his pride, let alone using the overpowered relics of Asgard against anything less than a Skyfather level threat..

pym-ftw
This, Thor not having superspeed argument needs to die,

Batman-Prime
This, Thor not having superspeed argument needs to die,

Oh he does, but not on clarks level.

Branlor Swift
Batman one shots both of them. Double jumping kick.

Superman being as fast as Thor serves as a distraction.

pym-ftw
Superman will most definitely hold back, too.

CIS is on by default, unless the Op says otherwise. He did not here.

Thor refusing to prep up because of pride isn't an odd argument. It's entirely within his character. He rarely even uses the full range of his powers against the likes of Hulk because of his pride, let alone using the overpowered relics of Asgard against anything less than a Skyfather level threat..
But the op said he has prep and your arguments are that he won't prep

cdtm

Wouldn't that be dangerous to him too?

Only time I'm aware it's been used, is when channeled through Surtur's Twilight.

pym-ftw
Oh he does, but not on clarks level.
What's dcnu Superman's best speed feat?

cdtm
But the op said he has prep and your arguments are that he won't prep

What Jake said, I can see. Giving Stark uru, or whatever.

Grabbing Skyfather killers is another story.

Batman-Prime
What's dcnu Superman's best speed feat?

Beating flash.

ColossusGrundy
You could "Prep" this to death.

Straight up fight, Supes and Bats win. Supes >> Thor and even if Bruce doesn't beat Tony, he'd stalemate him long enough for Supes to finish Thor and join in.

Team DC for majority, but it'd be an interesting fight.

bayhunter12
Are u kidding me! Bats would not stalemate ironman long enough for supes to beat thor. Ironman would beat batman in a all of 2 minutes

pym-ftw
Beating flash.
Are you talking about the finger poke attack?

If so flash dodged the punch and didn't think superman could reach him

That's more a feat for a lack of skill on flashes part than a speed feat for supes

pym-ftw
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Supes >> Thor

Comparible stats plus a huge versatility advantage give Thor an edge in a straight up battle.

-Pr-
Batman's a liability tbh.

DCNU pair lose.

Are you talking about the finger poke attack?

If so flash dodged the punch and didn't think superman could reach him

That's more a feat for a lack of skill on flashes part than a speed feat for supes

Superman was fast enough to catch him out. That's pretty fast.

The Sorrow
Flash also showed he was faster when he outran the omega beams and Superman got caught. Bruce and Clark would benefit from the month of prep more than Thor/Stark, but Iron Man would have to job hard for Bruce to win and dcnu Supes isn't quite on Thor's level yet.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Flash also showed he was faster when he outran the omega beams and Superman got caught. Bruce and Clark would benefit from the month of prep more than Thor/Stark, but Iron Man would have to job hard for Bruce to win and dcnu Supes isn't quite on Thor's level yet.

Flash is faster, true, but he didn't outrun them; he made someone else take the blast.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by -Pr-
Flash is faster, true, but he didn't outrun them; he made someone else take the blast.
He outran them long enough to find a solution because they wouldn't stop chasing him, Superman didn't have the speed to outrun them (or fly) for that long.

I agree though and I think it's obvious DCnU Flash is faster than Superman.

carver9
Ironman could solo this.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman could solo this.
Nope hes to busy getting twisted
XNtTEibFvlQ

cdtm

DCnU maybe. Pre nu, he had stuff stocked away that could compete on an even level with Stark tech, but simply chose not to use it..

Like that GL ring he held onto.

He even had some pretty heavy duty armors of his own..

carver9
It's sad when people give DCNU the edge over Thor. Just straight up sad. I feel bad for Thor fans.

-Pr-
It's sad when people give DCNU the edge over Thor. Just straight up sad. I feel bad for Thor fans.

I thought you were a Thor fan?

Nice to clear that up.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by bayhunter12
Are u kidding me! Bats would not stalemate ironman long enough for supes to beat thor. Ironman would beat batman in a all of 2 minutes

You don't think bats would have some handy toys in his belt to scramble electronics or magnetize Tony's armor?

Adam West batman would even do that.

Plus his normal bag of tricks...

Team DC wins

ColossusGrundy
Comparible stats plus a huge versatility advantage give Thor an edge in a straight up battle.

Says the Hank Pym Fan....

that should void most of your arguments right there..

stick out tongue

ColossusGrundy
Ironman could solo this.

HULK ANGRY !

CARVER OFF HULK WANG AND ONTO STARK WANG!

Lek Kuen

Nice to clear that up.
He only likes shitty characters and Hulk. And only Hulk during wank arcs

Silent Master
Iron-man will have beaten Batman long before the Thor/Superman fight is over...so this ends up being Thor and Iron-man vs Superman.

Team Marvel wins.

carver9

Nice to clear that up.

I am but not enough to get upset with the votes.

Stoic
You don't think bats would have some handy toys in his belt to scramble electronics or magnetize Tony's armor?

Team DC wins

Tony's armor has redundancies that protect the armor against intrusion measures. To even argue that the DCnU team has any hopes of winning this is negligible at best. They need some showings under their belts to argue for them.

I read what Jake argued, and I agree with him for the most part. Thor could employ his belt, gauntlets, the Destroyer armor (Which would be more than needed to win on its own). Tony would have time to modify his armor with magic, or just make a magical Kryptonian buster suit powered by the Odin Force.

I would be interested in seeing a Batman vs Iron Man prep war thread.

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
Iron-man will have beaten Batman long before the Thor/Superman fight is over...so this ends up being Thor and Iron-man vs Superman.

Team Marvel wins.

Looking at everything, I don't think this version of Superman can withstand a charge Mjlonir strike from Thor. This fight is a one sided stomps.

Tony Stark
Thor and Iron Man.

yes

Every single time...

pym-ftw

DCNU pair lose.

Superman was fast enough to catch him out. That's pretty fast.
Flash dodged his punch and didn't expect a flick

No offence but that's more a show of superman thinking on his feet than his speed being able to keep up or catch flash

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The hits just keep on coming.

pym-ftw

stick out tongue
Pym > Thor >> Supes

JakeTheBank

Team DC wins

Iron Man's suit is traditionally defended against such methods.

There's also the fact that Tony is prepping as well, not just Batman.

And the fact that Batman is horribly outgunned by Iron Man to begin with, and nothing from the DCnU suggests he could close that gap with "prep" time, either.

DarkSaint85
Magnetise the armour?? Lol.

Iron Man has gone up against Magneto. MAGNETO.

Tony Stark

Have you ever read a Iron Man comic? You've no doubt heard of Magneto right? Tony beat him almost to death. I'm pretty sure that the vaunted Bat de-magnetize belt isn't going to do the trick.

I see it going something like this...

iceman24567
Superman solos erm

JakeTheBank
How does DCnU Superman solo with prep time?

pym-ftw
^ via bias

Golgo13
Batman creates brother eye 2.0 and solos

Heh, he is the creator of Brother Eye, which is an awesome feat in itself.

iceman24567
^ via bias Nice trolling Pymtard.

pym-ftw
Nice dodge

Golgo13
^ via bias

We can all be bias.

iceman24567
Nice dodge More trolling thumb up

pym-ftw
Actually I'm wondering why you hate Thor and what piece of Kryptonian tech that superman could bring that would allow him to solo.

iceman24567
Actually I'm wondering why you hate Thor and what piece of Kryptonian tech that superman could bring that would allow him to solo. No you weren't if that were the case you wouldn't have trolled

pym-ftw
Nice dodge X2

But before we get this thread closed, in all honesty what does supes bring that a preped Thor and Ironman not counter

JakeTheBank
If there is a solid argument for DCnU World's Finest winning against Tony and Thor, I'd gladly hear it.

Most of the thread had been debated under some false pretenses (pre-reboot versions of Bruce/Clark, Tony/Thor not getting along, inability of gathering Asgardian relics, etc), so to get this back on the right track, I'd personally like to hear a good argument for the DC guys.

iceman24567
Nice dodge X2

But before we get this thread closed, in all honesty what does supes bring that a preped Thor and Ironman not counter We my ass you were the one trolling calling people biased which is against the rules now you are trying to save face roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
Brother Eye is Batman's greatest weapon, IMO.

DarkSaint85
But this is all pre-reboot, no? Brother Eye, I mean.

pym-ftw
We my ass you were the one trolling calling people biased which is against the rules now you are trying to save face roll eyes (sarcastic)
Do you have an argument or not?

X3

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But this is all pre-reboot, no? Brother Eye, I mean.

OP said DCnU WF.

Mindset
Ironman & Thor

iceman24567
If there is a solid argument for DCnU World's Finest winning against Tony and Thor, I'd gladly hear it.

Most of the thread had been debated under some false pretenses (pre-reboot versions of Bruce/Clark, Tony/Thor not getting along, inability of gathering Asgardian relics, etc), so to get this back on the right track, I'd personally like to hear a good argument for the DC guys. Granted it would be hard to argue for Superman soloing using strictly post flash point feats but in the same token Thor isn't about to pull artifacts out of his ass hell Thor knows that the treasure of asgard are too dangerous to be used all willy nillly he has stated so himself. Oh i laugh at the accusation of me being biased or hating Thor laughing

iceman24567
Do you have an argument or not?

X3 Troll go away

Mindset
I'm the only Thor fan on kmc.

Fact.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm the only Thor fan on kmc.

Fact.
Troll go away

JakeTheBank
Granted it would be hard to argue for Superman soloing using strictly post flash point feats but in the same token Thor isn't about to pull artifacts out of his ass hell Thor knows that the treasure of asgard are too dangerous to be used all willy nillly he has stated so himself. Oh i laugh at the accusation of me being biased or hating Thor laughing

Thor has access to these artifacts though and it's really not hard for him to get them. Even the mundane stuff like Uru enchanted armor or weapons (such as the stuff the Mighty got during Fear Itself) isn't anything I'd consider out of the realm of possibility. I don't think Thor will bust out the Casket or Twilight Sword, but the Destroyer Armor is definitely more reasonable - if only because the armor in of itself isn't a collateral damage threat on the scale of either the Casket of Ancient Winters or Twilight Sword. Then there's stuff like Norn Stones, which are more common than any of the stuff I've mentioned and can power up people to levels beyond the norm. And that's without factoring in Tony's connection to New Asgardia as its rebuilder and strongest mortal ally.

For the record, I don't think you're biased or hate Thor, though.

Mindset
No argument, just spamming.

Reported.

iceman24567
Thor has access to these artifacts though and it's really not hard for him to get them. Even the mundane stuff like Uru enchanted armor or weapons (such as the stuff the Mighty got during Fear Itself) isn't anything I'd consider out of the realm of possibility. I don't think Thor will bust out the Casket or Twilight Sword, but the Destroyer Armor is definitely more reasonable - if only because the armor in of itself isn't a collateral damage threat on the scale of either the Casket of Ancient Winters or Twilight Sword. Then there's stuff like Norn Stones, which are more common than any of the stuff I've mentioned and can power up people to levels beyond the norm. And that's without factoring in Tony's connection to New Asgardia as its rebuilder and strongest mortal ally.

For the record, I don't think you're biased or hate Thor, though. Agreed thumb up

iceman24567
No argument, just spamming.

Reported.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Supernatural.gif

-Pr-

stick out tongue

Nothing wrong with Hank Pym.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He only likes shitty characters and Hulk. And only Hulk during wank arcs

laughing out loud

I am but not enough to get upset with the votes.

lol no.

Flash dodged his punch and didn't expect a flick

No offence but that's more a show of superman thinking on his feet than his speed being able to keep up or catch flash

Sorry, nope.

pym-ftw
Granted it would be hard to argue for Superman soloing using strictly post flash point feats but in the same token Thor isn't about to pull artifacts out of his ass hell Thor knows that the treasure of asgard are too dangerous to be used all willy nillly he has stated so himself. Oh i laugh at the accusation of me being biased or hating Thor laughing
So, you trolled, then got defensive three seperate times, asked me to leave and then laughed?

I Don't think Thor needs super artifacts either the belt and shield would do.

pym-ftw
@ PR

It would count as a speed feat if that's how superman threw punches like that, lol

But your the mod who makes the rulings and I can only speak for my own opinion on how I see it

Golgo13
I wonder if Iron Man can deal with Brother Eye. Both are technopaths, IIRC. And it was extremely difficult for Checkmate to do anything to Eye.

iceman24567
So, you trolled, then got defensive three seperate times, asked me to leave and then laughed?

I Don't think Thor needs super artifacts either the belt and shield would do. How typical of a troll you screamed biased before i even had a chance to respond to jake and you don't see how thats trolling? Lovely troll on bro troll on

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Golgo13
I wonder if Iron Man can deal with Brother Eye. Both are technopaths, IIRC. And it was extremely difficult for Checkmate to do anything to Eye.
Pre flashpoint bats could take a few (3-4) against ironman imho

@ice ice baby

Or I knew that no arguments could rationally be made
zorro

Golgo13
Pre flashpoint bats could take a few (3-4) against ironman imho

@ice ice baby

Or I knew that no arguments could rationally made
zorro

Well, how do you see Tony dealing with Brother Eye?

pym-ftw
Powerful EMP or just powerful firewalls

I view Ultron>Brother eye on technopathy imho

Golgo13
SHADE had all that and failed. I believe Brother Eye is run on some type of New God tech. It's connected to EVERY computer and every form of communication in the world.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man in his Extremis Armor had access to every computer and satellite in the world.

Mindset
IM punches it in the eye.

iceman24567
It was able to resist the Ale when nothing else known could erm

Mindset
Except those people that could.

Golgo13
It was able to resist the Ale when nothing else known could erm

Final Crisis? Forgot about that. Anyway, SHADE (Highly technological organization) thanks to Ray Palmer had a tough time dealing with Brother Eye in OMAC.

iceman24567
Except those people that could. Im taking about tech

Batman-Prime

For the record, I don't think you're biased or hate Thor, though.

So Thor will use the Destroyer and the Norn Stones? Maybe even the Twilight Sword and the Casket? Eh? Tony doesn't seems to have anything to add to this fight it seems.

Quite extreme. I'm rather surprised that Thor wouldn't a) need the permission of Odin to use such powerful artifacts against mere mortals and b) that Thor thinks DCnU Supes and Batman are far more dangerous then Galactus and SS. Against those two he didn't use the Destroyer and the Stones laughing out loud
If you think the Destroyer and the Stones are their only chance and hope and if they are so scared of DCnU Supes and Batman, what can I say, more power to you.

I know that a lot of events from the pre-Flashpoint Universe did happen in the DCnU, just not exactly which. So I can't give Supes and Batman enough feats to go against the Destroyer and the Stones.
Pre-Flashpoint World Finest would annihilate those two "beerbuddies" though (better Teamwork, more experience) and given the respect you show for their DCnU counterparts it's cool.

BTW has clark access to the Phantom Zone in the DCnU? It would be a cheap but easy win then. DCnU Kryptonian tech is still > Tony tech imho.

pym-ftw
I think we can agree that superman is no mere mortal

And Thor can un-bfr himself

Rewmac
Batman and Iron Man - Who's Smarter contest has be on for like 6 or 7 years never been decided.

Iron Man has prep he can just go ahead and make a Kryptonie radiation suit which can take care of Superman overwhelming power he doesn't have do anything just be present and start to fight Batman. In my point of view the overall arsenal Batman has is weaker than a prepped Iron Man suit.

As for Thor taking on Superman. Well Thor's lightning and Mjonir are both magic based which is still one of Superman's weakness.

iceman24567
Since when did Ironman have access to Kryptonite?

DarkSaint85
And its been ruled alternate universe K-nite won't work, either.

For that matter, has K-nite been seen in the DCnU?

iceman24567
And its been ruled alternate universe K-nite won't work, either.

For that matter, has K-nite been seen in the DCnU? Not that i know of

Batman-Prime
I think we can agree that superman is no mere mortal

And Thor can un-bfr himself

From the Phantom Zone? Should be interesting how long he will need.

JakeTheBank
So Thor will use the Destroyer and the Norn Stones? Maybe even the Twilight Sword and the Casket? Eh? Tony doesn't seems to have anything to add to this fight it seems.

Quite extreme. I'm rather surprised that Thor wouldn't a) need the permission of Odin to use such powerful artifacts against mere mortals and b) that Thor thinks DCnU Supes and Batman are far more dangerous then Galactus and SS. Against those two he didn't use the Destroyer and the Stones laughing out loud
If you think the Destroyer and the Stones are their only chance and hope and if they are so scared of DCnU Supes and Batman, what can I say, more power to you.

I know that a lot of events from the pre-Flashpoint Universe did happen in the DCnU, just not exactly which. So I can't give Supes and Batman enough feats to go against the Destroyer and the Stones.
Pre-Flashpoint World Finest would annihilate those two "beerbuddies" though (better Teamwork, more experience) and given the respect you show for their DCnU counterparts it's cool.

BTW has clark access to the Phantom Zone in the DCnU? It would be a cheap but easy win then. DCnU Kryptonian tech is still > Tony tech imho.

Reading is your friend.

In my post, I clearly said Thor probably won't use the Casket or the Twilight Sword because of the inherent danger either weapon could cause to the world at large. One weapon is capable of destroying a universe and the other ushers in a new ice ace. The Destroyer Armor, conversely, is a much more safer and reliable weapon. Norn Stones are, too, for that matter.

Odin isn't in Asgard as of late, and Thor disobeys Odin, especially according to recent stories.

So, you've effectively shifted your argument from:

-Thor doesn't have access to high end Asgardian relics and wouldn't prep well with Tony because they hate each other

to

-Thor won't use them because they're too powerful and if he somehow did, it only makes DCnU World's Finest more powerful because he didn't use these artifacts against the likes of people like Galactus (whom Thor didn't prep for to begin with unlike the scenario presented in the OP)?

barker

I didn't say the Destroyer Armor and Norn Stones were their only hope nor did I allude to as much. I merely said that if they decided to use them, which they can easily, DCnU has no chance in beating them. Even using the mundane Asgardian stuff lying around, they get a significant advantage the likes of which DCnU guys can't get around. If you want a run down of the equipment they can get, I'd be more than happy to make a list.

Pre-Flashpoint World's Finest is another topic altogether and doesn't mean much, if anything here. DCnU versions simply don't have the feats to contend here and trying to argue that Thor and Tony won't prep to their utmost capability doesn't make sense.

Not sure how the Phantom Zone would be a cheap win when Thor has Mjolnir? If you want to make an argument for Kryptonian tech, feel free to cite some stuff it's done in DCnU that Clark has access to and can gather.

JakeTheBank
From the Phantom Zone? Should be interesting how long he will need.

Considering all the realms and alternate dimensions Thor can access and send people including himself to, moments if anything.

pym-ftw
I still standby my argument that all Thor needs is the belt of strength and his shield for a 10/10 victory

cdtm
Considering all the realms and alternate dimensions Thor can access and send people including himself to, moments if anything.

There are limits though..

The negative zone, isn't that one he can't access? And he's had trouble getting to and from Asgard without the Rainbow Bridge, or due to other factors..

Escaping the zone isn't impossible, but it's also not simply another dimension.. Who knows if Thor will even be able to touch his hammer, when he gets converted into a ghost form.

Does NuDc even have zone tech yet...?

Golgo13
So, Thor can have artifacts/tech, but not Superman?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
So, Thor can have artifacts/tech, but not Superman?

Who in the hell said that? erm

pym-ftw
What artifact do you want supes to have?

JakeTheBank

The negative zone, isn't that one he can't access?

Escaping the zone isn't impossible, but it's also not simply another dimension.. Who knows if Thor will even be able to touch his hammer, when he gets converted into a ghost form.

Does NuDc even have zone tech yet...?

Thor has opened a portal to the Negative Zone before.

I think the odds lie more on Thor's favor given Mjolnir's capabilities then against it, especially concerning the DCnU Phantom Zone. Considering Mjolnir can carve it's way through Hell, the aformentioned Negative Zone, various realms of the dead, the Microverse, etc, etc, I find it personally unlikely the Phantom Zone would keep Thor bfred indefinitely.

cdtm
What artifact do you want supes to have?

Only artifact I can see mattering is the Phantom Zone Projector..

Which I'd be surprised exists anymore, given they didn't even exist until relatively late in his post crisis career.. Well after this "reboot" is supposed to take place..

pym-ftw
Mjoinir is sentient kinda so no reason to think Thor can't use it

DarkSaint85
Red herring, really.

Haven't seen it in the DCnU, it might be easy to break out of, it might not. Plus we don't know if DCnU Clark has the projector.

JakeTheBank
We've seen that the Phantom Zone exists, but I can't recall whether or not the actual projector does and if Kal currently possesses it.

Definitely ridiculous to assume that Thor wouldn't or couldn't escape considering his feats, though.

DarkSaint85
Is it the same as the one pre-reboot? Where GL's ring (which can open portals) was useless, as it was like trying to pick a lock with a wet noodle?

JakeTheBank
Is it the same as the one pre-reboot? Where GL's ring (which can open portals) was useless, as it was like trying to pick a lock with a wet noodle?

Don't know. We do know various Kryptonian villains were placed in it.

I think it's a stretch to assume the PZ would trap Thor and somehow make Mjolnir useless when he's teleported to and from countless realms and dimensions where normal laws of physics and reality don't apply.

To that end, it's much more likely Thor banishes either Superman or Batman to a realm they can't return from than the opposite.

pym-ftw
We've seen that the Phantom Zone exists, but I can't recall whether or not the actual projector does and if Kal currently possesses it.

Definitely ridiculous to assume that Thor wouldn't or couldn't escape considering his feats, though.
I agree but at most I could see him possibly needing to go somewhere first like a random spot in space, then back to earth

Mostly based on how it might interfere with his powers

Batman-Prime
Reading is your friend.

In my post, I clearly said Thor probably won't use the Casket or the Twilight Sword because of the inherent danger either weapon could cause to the world at large. One weapon is capable of destroying a universe and the other ushers in a new ice ace. The Destroyer Armor, conversely, is a much more safer and reliable weapon. Norn Stones are, too, for that matter.

Odin isn't in Asgard as of late, and Thor disobeys Odin, especially according to recent stories.

So, you've effectively shifted your argument from:

-Thor doesn't have access to high end Asgardian relics and wouldn't prep well with Tony because they hate each other

to

-Thor won't use them because they're too powerful and if he somehow did, it only makes DCnU World's Finest more powerful because he didn't use these artifacts against the likes of people like Galactus (whom Thor didn't prep for to begin with unlike the scenario presented in the OP)?

barker

I didn't say the Destroyer Armor and Norn Stones were their only hope nor did I allude to as much. I merely said that if they decided to use them, which they can easily, DCnU has no chance in beating them. Even using the mundane Asgardian stuff lying around, they get a significant advantage the likes of which DCnU guys can't get around. If you want a run down of the equipment they can get, I'd be more than happy to make a list.

Pre-Flashpoint World's Finest is another topic altogether and doesn't mean much, if anything here. DCnU versions simply don't have the feats to contend here and trying to argue that Thor and Tony won't prep to their utmost capability doesn't make sense.

Not sure how the Phantom Zone would be a cheap win when Thor has Mjolnir? If you want to make an argument for Kryptonian tech, feel free to cite some stuff it's done in DCnU that Clark has access to and can gather.

Reading is you friend. Maybe you should think about it. I made fun of your post but nevermind.

Even so you said "probably" which is not the same as "wouldn't". You are funny though.

Yeah, he will need to disobey his daddy to stand a chance against such powerful threats...

No, I didn't shift anything. I still don't think Thor would be able or allowed to use the Destroyer or the Stones and surely not the Sword. I just played along with your scenario because I was rather suprised what you deem necessary to defeat those two. Odin and Thor had prep time against G, at least enough to use those artifacts, they though their pretty armors should be enough shrug

Yeah, Thor and IM are lucky, as pre-Flashpoint they would get stomped hard.

Make the List then, I will return on the 9th and look it over.

The Phantom Zone is a special place created to capture and hold criminals, I don't think it would be easy for Mjolnir to come escape from it. And there isn't anything like the Phantom Zone in Marvel, so here you go, without bias chances are 50-50. It still gives them enough time to get disposed of anything those two came up with, till they return the BF changed.

-Pr-
@ PR

It would count as a speed feat if that's how superman threw punches like that, lol

But your the mod who makes the rulings and I can only speak for my own opinion on how I see it

how does it not count as a speed feat, when Superman was fast enough to surprise him?

========

Anyway, Team Marvel wins.

Philosophía
Thor can't escape the Phantom Zone by his lonesome, and it's fanboy masturbation to think otherwise.

Silent Master
As long as he has Mjolnir, he can escape easily.

JakeTheBank
Reading is you friend. Maybe you should think about it. I made fun of your post but nevermind.

Even so you said "probably" which is not the same as "wouldn't". You are funny though.

Yeah, he will need to disobey his daddy to stand a chance against such powerful threats...

No, I didn't shift anything. I still don't think Thor would be able or allowed to use the Destroyer or the Stones and surely not the Sword. I just played along with your scenario because I was rather suprised what you deem necessary to defeat those two. Odin and Thor had prep time against G, at least enough to use those artifacts, they though their pretty armors should be enough shrug

Yeah, Thor and IM are lucky, as pre-Flashpoint they would get stomped hard.

Make the List then, I will return on the 9th and look it over.

The Phantom Zone is a special place created to capture and hold criminals, I don't think it would be easy for Mjolnir to come escape from it. And there isn't anything like the Phantom Zone in Marvel, so here you go, without bias chances are 50-50. It still gives them enough time to get disposed of anything those two came up with, till they return the BF changed.

What's there to think about?

facepalm Are you purposefully trying to be difficult? I've already said the likelihood is slim that they'd use the Twilight Sword and Casket of Ancient Winters. That means they probably won't use it. And as such I'm not arguing either artifact being used. Comprehending my posts is just as important as reading them.

Dude, Odin is a non-factor here. Not sure how many times I need to say this, but Odin is currently not in Asgardia. He hasn't been there since Fear Itself. I mean, if you're going to argue against Thor/Tony or just to counter points being made for them, you need to actually know what's going on in their comics outside of just spouting statements which aren't true or even accurate anymore. The fact that you thought Tony and Thor still hated each other speaks volumes of how behind you are when it comes to either of them in terms of "current" comics.

Not sure why you think Thor wouldn't be allowed when Odin's not there to tell him no for one thing and the guy is literally entitled to the relics of the realm as he's royalty. Your opinion is based on, well, nothing really outside of outdated information and inaccurate input concerning Thor and Asgard(ia). Odin and Thor didn't have a month to plan against Galactus and Surfer, either, so nice try with that pseudo-argument. And I find it funny how you think using the Armor or Norn Stones is surprising and is basically a feat for World's Finest because it assumes Thor/Tony think they're too powerful otherwise. That same logic can be applied to Bruce and Clark going all out with Kryptonian tech, which you tried arguing for their pre-Flashpoint versions.

Doubt they'd get stomped hard, tbh. They could certainly win, though. Moot point as this is DCnU versions.

A list of Asgardian artifacts they could get? The primary ones that aren't dangerous to the world at large such as the Casket and Twilight Sword:
-Belt of Strength
-Gauntlets
-Uru (primarily for enchanting various weapons and armor)
-Norn Stones
-Destroyer Armor
-Odinsword

And that's without factoring in Tony's stuff. Combined, it's a resource and prep edge they can't overcome.

I know what the Phantom Zone is. And there's nothing quite like Mjolnir in the DCU, so not sure what point you're trying to make? If you really want to be objective, you'll look at the vast history of various spatial and teleportation warping Mjolnir has under its belt and realize the odds are heavily in Thor's favor on being able to escape. Not sure how you get 50-50 draw when you've more or less conceded the Phantom Zone Projector is the only chance (and the only real argument made thus far) for Superman and Batman as opposed to the multitude of resources and options Thor and Tony has.

Shabazz916
Ill give it to iron man thor. Batman is a easy kill for stark then they combine to take out sups with some green rock and a hammer.

Mindset

Mindset

The negative zone, isn't that one he can't access? And he's had trouble getting to and from Asgard without the Rainbow Bridge, or due to other factors..

Does NuDc even have zone tech yet...? Neither Mon-El nor SBP where in "ghost form" when they were in the phantom zone.

Zack Fair
Thor should easily escape with mjolnir.

-Pr-
Neither Mon-El nor SBP where in "ghost form" when they were in the phantom zone.

Mon-El was, more than once. It was how they stopped his lead-poisoning from killing him.

Mindset
Mon-El was, more than once. It was how they stopped his lead-poisoning from killing him. You must be talking about a different kind of ghost form, friend.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>