Yamcha Joins Marvel/DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindmyenglish
Yamcha from early Buu Saga

Yamcha didn't join the tournament cuz he himself said he was no match for Krilin, Goku and friends.
In this case Buu was never born.
The tournament continues and so on.

There are two parts in this topic
Yamcha decided to move to America and joins

- Marvel/DC heroes
- Marvel/DC villains

1. How would he impress the judges?(Superman, Batman, MM, Nick Fury, Lex, Grodd, Darkseid, Thanos)
2. Where would he ranked in heroes team and villains team?
3. Which heroes or villains for his 1st mission to handle and test his power?
4. This heroes/villains is on par with him. They are.......
5. Who would be the best heroes/villain partner for him for any easy or hard mission?
6. Yamcha is pissed at these heroes/villains and decided to destroy them himself. They are......

Yamcha
I probably die from something before trying to impress the judges.

Bentley
Yamcha gets killed off panel.

dadudemon
Since the power to casually destroy the moon exists at a Power Level of 100-200, Yamcha, at a PL of over 1000, can

1. He can fight at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, destroy planets, and so forth. He will impress.
2. No idea. You'll have to specify who is in each team.
3. He's faster than Quicksilver but much slower than Flash. He's stronger than probably people like Wolverine and regular Spiderman but probably no stronger than people like Warpath.
4. Too hard to determine. He's kind of unique compared to Heroes and Villains to American Comic Books.
5. I'm done.
6. I'm done.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by dadudemon

1. He can destroy planets

No.

juggerman
Vegeta could destroy the Earth in the Saiyan Saga. After training with King Kai Yamcha is much more powerful than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Id hafta go with yes he can destroy planets

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by juggerman
Vegeta could destroy the Earth in the Saiyan Saga. After training with King Kai Yamcha is much more powerful than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Id hafta go with yes he can destroy planets
Vegeta cant do shit when even freiza ****s it up in 4th form

juggerman
Vegeta was still a planet popper at a PL of 18,000

Yamcha got much stronger than 18,000

Yamcha can bust planets

dadudemon
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
No.

Yes.

This was covered already. Too bad: that low-level characters in DB (we are talking only in the 100s on their PL) are planet busters. smile

Vegeta was still a planet popper at a PL of 18,000

Yamcha got much stronger than 18,000

Yamcha can bust planets

Well, not just that...Yamcha was well past 1000 on his PL when he fought the Saibamen and the lowest confirmed planet sized vape was from Roshi at a PL of 100-200.

juggerman
True. But people switch it up saying they meant Earth-size planet and whatnot(i would stick out tongue) so i'm just nipping that one now

Bentley
Let's not forget that power levels are dynamic when it comes to ki blasts, for all we know Roshi threw a kamehameha of 150,000 powerlevel when he busted the moon

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bentley
Let's not forget that power levels are dynamic when it comes to ki blasts,

Not true. It is true of only a very select few. Almost all don't undergo that effect.

smile

But your point is invalid and here's why: it charges up their PL, temporarily, and it charges it up above and beyond their base power level. Meaning, it raises the reading itself above baseline, it doesn't give them a dynamic PL.

The only thing you need is someone with the ki energy requirement, not a variable power level and THEN you need to give them the tech that raises the reading like a gallic gun or kamehameha.

Originally posted by Bentley
for all we know Roshi threw a kamehameha of 150,000 powerlevel when he busted the moon

That's not true, either: it raised Goku's PL to around 1000 when he was fighting Raditz when Goku's base was like 420 or something.

asdf83
You do all realize that this whole power/level feat thing isn't an exact science and is far from consistent despite it all being written by one guy?

Dragonball is practically a different series from Dragonball Z. Hell, I doubt Toriyama even knew wtf a saiyan was until he suddenly pulled it out of his ass.

Yes, Roshi blew up the moon, but later in the series guys more powerful than him were shown to maybe blow up a city at best. Take Piccolo Jr. for example. When fighting Goku in the tournament, he spent all of his power wasting a small island. Impressive, but an island is much smaller than the moon, and Piccolo is far stronger than Roshi. It's not until later in the series that power levels start becoming somewhat consistent, and even then it's merely "somewhat."

Even Vegeta saying that he was going to blow up the planet--it's merely a claim. We don't see anyone actually accomplish this until Freiza. Sure, it's a planet that's much larger than Earth, so we can assume that less powerful characters can blow up smaller planets. But the gap between Vegeta when he first appears and Freiza is a large one.

As for Yamcha, in terms of feats he's pretty pathetic. The only time he's remotely impressive is during the very first story arc. Still, he should be much more powerful than someone like Wolverine yet I see him getting his ass kicked by an Iron Man level character. I'd say he roughly the equivalent of a... Nova Centurion?

carver9
Originally posted by dadudemon
Since the power to casually destroy the moon exists at a Power Level of 100-200, Yamcha, at a PL of over 1000, can

1. He can fight at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, destroy planets, and so forth. He will impress.
2. No idea. You'll have to specify who is in each team.
3. He's faster than Quicksilver but much slower than Flash. He's stronger than probably people like Wolverine and regular Spiderman but probably no stronger than people like Warpath.
4. Too hard to determine. He's kind of unique compared to Heroes and Villains to American Comic Books.
5. I'm done.
6. I'm done.

If Kid Goku was a high class 100, Yamcha is MUCH higher.

Yamcha would be a Prime on the JLA or Avengers.

carver9
Originally posted by asdf83
You do all realize that this whole power/level feat thing isn't an exact science and is far from consistent despite it all being written by one guy?

Dragonball is practically a different series from Dragonball Z. Hell, I doubt Toriyama even knew wtf a saiyan was until he suddenly pulled it out of his ass.

Yes, Roshi blew up the moon, but later in the series guys more powerful than him were shown to maybe blow up a city at best. Take Piccolo Jr. for example. When fighting Goku in the tournament, he spent all of his power wasting a small island. Impressive, but an island is much smaller than the moon, and Piccolo is far stronger than Roshi. It's not until later in the series that power levels start becoming somewhat consistent, and even then it's merely "somewhat."

Even Vegeta saying that he was going to blow up the planet--it's merely a claim. We don't see anyone actually accomplish this until Freiza. Sure, it's a planet that's much larger than Earth, so we can assume that less powerful characters can blow up smaller planets. But the gap between Vegeta when he first appears and Freiza is a large one.

As for Yamcha, in terms of feats he's pretty pathetic. The only time he's remotely impressive is during the very first story arc. Still, he should be much more powerful than someone like Wolverine yet I see him getting his ass kicked by an Iron Man level character. I'd say he roughly the equivalent of a... Nova Centurion?

You know Picollo destroyed a moon as well with a casual blast right?

BloodRain
I take it you're not on the outliner boat?

dadudemon
Originally posted by BloodRain
I take it you're not on the outliner boat?

I am not because:

Originally posted by carver9
...Piccolo destroyed a moon as well with a casual blast right...

Seems fairly established that planet busting comes from pre-1000 PL...but 100+ PL. So we have a sweet spot for the low-end with at least 2 confirmed feats.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BloodRain
I take it you're not on the outliner boat? It is spelled outlier.

Jesus Christ get it ****ing right.

Lek Kuen
In dragonball? Because it looked like he was talking about how in dragon ball Piccolo had trouble doing something much less then Roshi.

KingD19
In Dragonball, a much weaker Piccolo blew up an island without much trouble.

In DBZ, he mouth blasted the moon to keep Gohan from transforming.

BloodRain
Nappa put effort into an attack that was nowhere near moon level.

Originally posted by NemeBro
It is spelled outlier.

Jesus Christ get it ****ing right.

I.. I have no clue if you're being jerky jerk or jerky truth <__<

asdf83

Which is completely inconsistent with his general destructive capabilities at that time.

My point was that Piccolo had to put in all of his energies into destroying a small island when he was already stronger than Roshi. The moon busting incidents are outlier feats for both characters. At the time they destroyed the moon, Roshi probably had enough power to destroy a small mountain (which he has done) while Piccolo was a city buster. It's as if Toriyama just thought, "Well, the moon looks pretty small from here. I'm just going to treat it that way and completely forget that it's huge as hell."

mindmyenglish
correct me, it took many years for goku to train under kami
and highest PL he got was 900+ while yamcha trained much less time
and got 1,400+. so was it possible after kai's training yamcha PL could be higher than goku say 10,000?

no mindctrl/moonbust/planetbust/pwer drain/spacecheese

1. destroy a city with two fingers/jet race with ironman and wins
2. high metahuman lvl, low herald?
3. attack the young justice/teentitans/the elite/enter mongol's fightclub
4. bizzaro?
5. wonderwoman/rogue/juggernaut just to annoy him/magneto worthy enough?
6. blow to pieces these annoying below raditz lvl with a finger
like the joker etc, destroy all the sentinels, do crazy things like beat up dr doom/doomsday/silversurfer wahhahahaa...

juggerman
Originally posted by mindmyenglish
correct me, it took many years for goku to train under kami
and highest PL he got was 900+ while yamcha trained much less time
and got 1,400+. so was it possible after kai's training yamcha PL could be higher than goku say 10,000?

Yamcha was stronger than Goku was when they trained with Kami iirc. Seems like the stronger you are the easier it is to increase your power in DBZ.

Like how after Goku trained with King Kai he started out around a few hundred but ended with a PL around 9,000. Yamcha on the otherhand started his training at around 1,400 and ended at over 40,000 in a shorter amount of time. I say that due to him taking on The Ginyu Force who were all around that level or higher except Guldo

stargun
Yamcha on the otherhand started his training at around 1,400 and ended at over 40,000 in a shorter amount of time. I say that due to him taking on The Ginyu Force who were all around that level or higher except Guldo This never happened in the manga.

juggerman
Yes i know i just hated it so much i had to let it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.