6 Year Old Demon Child Beats up 220-pound Gym Teacher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/nyc-gym-teacher-claims-6-old-student-beat-195314203.html

Anyone wanna bet the kid made his parents say that? haermm

Astner
My half-brother is seven years old and he couldn't hurt me with baseball bat, and I'm 132 lbs.

Digi
Teachers can't lay a finger on kids or they lose their career. Apparently the kid got a lucky kick in and the guy's knee popped. If the teacher had fought back, the kid would be dead.

The parents could whup the **** out of him if they wanted to. And they might, given his disposition. Still, their response is telling. Teachers have better things to do than make up stories of assault.

Omega Vision
Yeah, I have a hard time believing that the gym teacher couldn't overpower the kid if he put any kind of effort into it.

Hell, he wouldn't even need to hit him--if he were to sit on him the kid couldn't do a thing.

Robtard
5'10" and 220lbs? That's a fatass right there, knee was probably just waiting for a light breeze to come by and make it pop out.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Robtard
5'10" and 220lbs? That's a fatass right there, knee was probably just waiting for a light breeze to come by and make it pop out.
5'10", 220 isn't that fat.

If he has a naturally heavy build then he might only be 10-20 lbs overweight.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Astner
My half-brother is seven years old and he couldn't hurt me with baseball bat, and I'm 132 lbs.

Does your half-brother have a serious medical problem?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah, I have a hard time believing that the gym teacher couldn't overpower the kid if he put any kind of effort into it.

His options were:
Don't defend himself.
Lose his job.

Anything he did to overpower the kid risked his job. The "taking him by the wrists" part was already pushing it.

Astner
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Does your half-brother have a serious medical problem?
Actually, it was I who asked him to hit me. I was curious as to how strong the kid was.

NemeBro
5'10" and 220lbs? That's a fatass right there, knee was probably just waiting for a light breeze to come by and make it pop out. That's hardly what I'd call a "fatass".

Looking at the gym teacher's picture, he appears to be a man with a naturally large build, only a little overweight if that.

Why the shit would this man lie about a kid injuring his knee? Something that humiliating isn't something you lie about.

dadudemon
5'10" and 220lbs? That's a fatass right there,

Those are my dimensions and I'm not a fatass. no expression

Actually, it was I who asked him to hit me. I was curious as to how strong the kid was.

That's just weird, man.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Why the shit would this man lie about a kid injuring his knee? Something that humiliating isn't something you lie about.

This. Especially because he was a football player in his state...machoism is a big deal where he is especially in football. I could be generalizing and I do not know the dude...but it seems more likely that he is being genuine and feels terrorized by a child he cannot do anything about.

Hope the kid gets help. He needs discipline and therapy, it seems.

Astner
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's just weird, man.
Just because I embarrassed you in the anime thread doesn't mean that you have to quote my replies in every single thread. http://i.imgur.com/urnZp.gif

dadudemon
Just because I embarrassed you in the anime thread doesn't mean that you have to quote my replies in every single thread. http://i.imgur.com/urnZp.gif

This is a little weird, too.

Mindship
Originally posted by Digi
Teachers can't lay a finger on kids or they lose their career. Apparently the kid got a lucky kick in and the guy's knee popped. If the teacher had fought back, the kid would be dead.

The parents could whup the **** out of him if they wanted to. And they might, given his disposition. Still, their response is telling. Teachers have better things to do than make up stories of assault. Right on.

Good choice of words. You literally can not lay a finger on a student, say to wake them up if they fall asleep in class, cuz even that is considered corporal punishment.

On the other side of the coin, the child should be evaluated, which may very well also necessitate an evaluation of the home situation. I had a case last year where Mom was seeking residential placement for her son because he was not only disruptive in school but even worse at home. Turned out that 1) the kid was fine in school when he took his meds; and 2) Mom was looking to get rid of her son so she could have a peaceful new life with her new husband. My psycho-educational eval (as well as prior psychiatrics) revealed that the kid was acting out largely in reaction to how he was being treated at home: he had become the "scapegoat" for all the family's ills (including "being responsible" for the behavior of his deadbeat bio-dad). At one point, the Administration of Child Services had to temporarily place the student in foster care for his own protection.

Long story short: my conclusion was that the student was already properly placed (residential placement was not warranted, not by a long shot), and that the family should seek therapy. Mom went ballistic but too bad. Be a parent, not a child disposal agent.

Astner

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Mindship
Right on.

Good choice of words. You literally can not lay a finger on a student, say to wake them up if they fall asleep in class, cuz even that is considered corporal punishment.

On the other side of the coin, the child should be evaluated, which may very well also necessitate an evaluation of the home situation. I had a case last year where Mom was seeking residential placement for her son because he was not only disruptive in school but even worse at home. Turned out that 1) the kid was fine in school when he took his meds; and 2) Mom was looking to get rid of her son so she could have a peaceful new life with her new husband. My psycho-educational eval (as well as prior psychiatrics) revealed that the kid was acting out largely in reaction to how he was being treated at home: he had become the "scapegoat" for all the family's ills (including "being responsible" for the behavior of his deadbeat bio-dad). At one point, the Administration of Child Services had to temporarily place the student in foster care for his own protection.

Long story short: my conclusion was that the student was already properly placed (residential placement was not warranted, not by a long shot), and that the family should seek therapy. Mom went ballistic but too bad. Be a parent, not a child disposal agent.

You can't wake up a kid if he/she falls asleep in class? Wtf?

Digi
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

I think there's some sort of acceptable limit. When I taught, I smacked sleeping kids on the head lightly - legally or not I suppose - to wake them.

Though it was much more fun to slam a book onto their desk. Much more startling, and you don't touch them. 313

In any case, Mindship may have taken the idea too far, but the principle holds true: if that teacher fights back, he's out of a job and the story is much different in the media. Ask any teacher - literally the only indicator you need to know about what the kid will be like i school is "what are the parents like?" Do they have discipline at home? They'll be fine in school. Care about grades? The kid will be a 3.0, minimum. With insanely few exceptions, anything else is almost superfluous.

Mindship
What the **** are you talking about? Teachers are allowed to grab and restrict the children. Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

In NYC, teachers are allowed to touch a student only to defend themselves or others or protect school property, and only as a last resort (ie, if talking does not de-escalate the situation). That's it. And you better have witnesses on hand because if the child makes a competing claim (eg, the teacher started it), the political climate is such that the teacher is, in effect, guilty til proven innocent (what makes this worse is when the news reports alleged sexual misconduct prior to due process findings). In the interim -- while due process occurs -- lives are disrupted, reputations ruined, and you don't want a principal with "administrative upward mobility" in mind on your back because you made his/her school "look bad."

Even a friendly touch on a student's shoulder can land a teacher in hot water if the child is a dick and wants to make trouble. Over the years I have been told more than once by supervisors not even to shake hands with a student if no one else is around. It's that bad (I still shook hands anyway, given that the positive message inherent outweighs the slight chance the student will want to cry wolf).

Robtard
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/6444/matchw.jpg

Fight!

Symmetric Chaos
What the **** are you talking about? Teachers are allowed to grab and restrict the children.

That seems to be at a national level, there could easily be local laws and individual school policies regarding teacher's right. Also that's Australia.

Meanwhile in the civilized world my mother was reprimanded by her principal for touching a sobbing child on the shoulder. People get very litigious about their kids and schools don't want to take any risks.

ThorinWoofer
I would have beat that kid into his next life.

Omega Vision

rudester
That little kid looks like a brat.

I would hit him but depends how it went down? Do I hit him with a ruler or with my belt.

The teacher was a P****

NemeBro
You'd be out of a job then, and possibly arrested.

dadudemon
You'd be out of a job then, and possibly arrested.

PFFFT! Of all posters...

Some penalties are worth it.

NemeBro
Please.

I'd have just kidnapped the student a few months later and eaten him alive, to get rid of evidence.

Those who suffer consequences for their horrible actions are either fools or cowards, probably both.

dadudemon
Please.

I'd have just kidnapped the student a few months later and eaten him alive, to get rid of evidence.

See, that's better. That's more like real Nemebro. I actually feel relieved after reading that...like taking a shit after holding a big one for a couple of hours.

Those who suffer consequences for their horrible actions are either fools or cowards, probably both.

Those who know the negative consequences of their morally positive actions and take action anyway are both heroes and role-models.

Mindship
Something else to chew on: a few years ago, teachers told me how they were having great success getting unruly students to behave by calling their parents during class and having the parent speak to/discipline their child during class (ie, over the teacher's cell phone).

About a year later, teachers had been told not do do this because it "embarrassed" the student, and "we" didn't want to harm their "self-esteem" (the importance of "self-esteem," btw, being the biggest crock of pop psych in the last 30 years).

More recently, I heard on the news this morning that Delaware has made spanking your child illegal. Granted, some parents do take spanking too far, but as one emailer to the program put it (and I paraphrase): seems like the more parents are told how to raise their children and what they can't do, the worse kids have become.

In the school system, where teachers are systematically having their balls removed, this certainly seems to be the case.

Symmetric Chaos
seems like the more parents are told how to raise their children and what they can't do, the worse kids have become.

People have been saying that the next generation of kids will be evil/stupid/corrupt for thousands of years. So far the success rate is 0%. Also parents raise children in a variety of ways, banning one method has no effect on "children" as a group.

Robtard

More recently, I heard on the news this morning that Delaware has made spanking your child illegal. Granted, some parents do take spanking too far, but as one emailer to the program put it (and I paraphrase): seems like the more parents are told how to raise their children and what they can't do, the worse kids have become.

Liberalism.

Spanking is not child abuse. If spanking goes over into the realm of beating, that's child abuse.

I myself do not partake of it, but I'd not tell another parent not to.

Mindship
People have been saying that the next generation of kids will be evil/stupid/corrupt for thousands of years. So far the success rate is 0%. Also parents raise children in a variety of ways, banning one method has no effect on "children" as a group. To some extent this is true. But I think, starting in the post-WWII boom, when youth became "happening," ("teenager," the term, was born) and a sense of entitlement for the next generation became the norm, there has been a change. Certainly in my lifetime it's noticeable. When I was a kid, you didn't dare sass back to a teacher. If you did, woe to you when you got home. Parents were almost always on the teacher's side. Nowadays that's not the case, and the kids take advantage, just like they take advantage when they're able to play one parent against another. Given a generation weened more than ever on immediate gratification, and the notion that "everyone can be a star": this is a recipe for young, inflated, unruly egos.

To be sure, most students are more/less fine. But overall there is, imo, a profound difference in respect for authority between now and, say, 50 years ago.

I myself do not partake of it, but I'd not tell another parent not to. When my daughter was young, an occasional, single "potch" on her lil' butt (through diapers/pants), when all else failed, worked wonders for the next few months. Generally I used time-out, which to this day still amazes me how well that worked. But not always.

Mindship
Damn, I hate when I hit the quote button instead of the edit.

Robtard
I have spanked before a few times(as with your, very young), I just see it as coercion through fear and do question the overall benefits to negatives.

Mindship
I just see it as coercion through fear... The world needs more fear. It's the only thing which will prevent this...

http://tocqueville.richmond.edu/digitalamerica/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wall-e-fat-people-in-chairs1.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
To some extent this is true. But I think, starting in the post-WWII boom, when youth became "happening," ("teenager," the term, was born) and a sense of entitlement for the next generation became the norm, there has been a change.

No, the "sense of entitlement" started when we stopped leaving sickly children to die.

Certainly in my lifetime it's noticeable.

It's noticeable in every generation. EVERY generation. There has never been a point in human history where most people said "yeah, kids seem to be doing good and parenting is being done correctly." Given how few civilizations have collapsed under the weight of millions of failed childhoods I think precedent is in my favor.

But overall there is, imo, a profound difference in respect for authority between now and, say, 50 years ago.

If that were localized to children you might have a point.

Robtard
The world needs more fear. It's the only thing which will prevent this...

http://tocqueville.richmond.edu/digitalamerica/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wall-e-fat-people-in-chairs1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I've seen kids act like complete mother****ers and their parents are utterly incapable of reeling them in with words and it's not always the parent's fault cos they lack conviction. Some kids are simply just rotten*. Why I don't look down on parents who spank, sometimes it's probably the best course of action.

In my personal experiences though, when a kid is an *******, it's usually cos the parents are assholes.

Mindship

Oliver North
I think what is generally missed when people malign the children of the next generation is:

a) people focus on the extreme cases, forgetting that the vast majority of youth don't, for instance, try out for American Idol (re: most youth aren't these entitled individuals).

b) how much more complex and potentially dangerous the social order youth today navigate is, making some challenges to authority and generational differences not only genuine and understandable, but preferable.

I'd also point out that, if you spank your child, you are doing it for your own benefit, not the kids. You might not be doing identifiable harm to the child (though this is debatable), but you are certainly doing no good, and in terms of learning and behavioural manipulation, punishment of that nature are among the least effective ways to motivate any type of organism to do what you want them to.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oliver North
I think what is generally missed when people malign the children of the next generation is:

a) people focus on the extreme cases, forgetting that the vast majority of youth don't, for instance, try out for American Idol (re: most youth aren't these entitled individuals).

b) how much more complex and potentially dangerous the social order youth today navigate is, making some challenges to authority and generational differences not only genuine and understandable, but preferable. Was I maligning? My bad if I gave that impression. Lord knows I find the phrase, "Greatest Generation," offensive.

Human nature has basically been consistent for the last few thousand years at least. But what has changed is our ability to affect ourselves and each other. I have no doubt that generations following mine, and yours, will do great things. But there's a lot being taken for granted, more than ever over the last few generations. You'd be surprised when I've asked students what their career plans are, how often I hear singer / actor / pro athlete. I knew maybe a handful of kids who thought like this when I was in high school. Or ask college professors how many freshman expect to get A's simply for showing up. Just as every generation has done and will do good, so are there that generation's flaws.

I just wonder how much longer our increasingly powerful technology will allow us to self-indulge. It's comical, sure, but I didn't post that scene from Wall-E for nothing.

Oliver North
the vast majority of kids today do not think they are going to be a pro-athlete when they grow up

Tzeentch._
I would say kids were far more entitled back in the day then they are now. In the 80's and 90's you could get a decent job without going to college or even graduating from High School. You could basically do whatever you wanted. Look at the job market for young people who don't have college degrees now. Hell, look at the job market for young people who do have college degrees. It's bleak as hell out there. The number of kids with college degrees, even degrees in practical fields, and yet can't find a job, is higher than ever. The cost for college is higher than ever. The difficulty of getting into a college even if you can afford it, is higher than ever. I've read statistics that state that the amount of work the average high school student is expected to do in an average course is higher now than it was before. There's more homework. Everything is more expensive than ever before, schools have less money than ever before, etc.

I don't really see how anyone can make the argument that the kids of this generation have to work less to achieve whatever it is they want. I'd say it's the opposite. It totally sucks to be a kid right now. Thanks a lot, baby boomers.

Yamcha
If I ever have a kid I feel like just telling the school faculty if my son/daughter acts up to skip any warning and just german suplex him/her when they least expect it like at the water fountain or something.

focus4chumps
solution is obvious

2bqDCfof4FQ

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I would say kids were far more entitled back in the day then they are now. In the 80's and 90's you could get a decent job without going to college or even graduating from High School. You could basically do whatever you wanted. Look at the job market for young people who don't have college degrees now. Hell, look at the job market for young people who do have college degrees. It's bleak as hell out there. The number of kids with college degrees, even degrees in practical fields, and yet can't find a job, is higher than ever. The cost for college is higher than ever. The difficulty of getting into a college even if you can afford it, is higher than ever. I've read statistics that state that the amount of work the average high school student is expected to do in an average course is higher now than it was before. There's more homework. Everything is more expensive than ever before, schools have less money than ever before, etc.

I don't really see how anyone can make the argument that the kids of this generation have to work less to achieve whatever it is they want. I'd say it's the opposite. It totally sucks to be a kid right now. Thanks a lot, baby boomers.

Typical of your generation, bitching, crying and feelings of self entitlement. "Waahhh, I deserve a job! Waaahh!". That and bad music, you Coldplay ******.

Mindship
That and bad music... Word.

Tzeentch._
Typical of your generation, bitching, crying and feelings of self entitlement. "Waahhh, I deserve a job! Waaahh!". That and bad music, you Coldplay ******. I have a job.

I just had to work far harder to get it than you would have had to when you were my age, back in the triassic period.

Robtard
Filling out an application isn't considered hard, well maybe for your self entitled generation "Wahh! I have to apply for a job to get one!? Waaahh!"

Mindset
Rob had to suck a dick just to get an application for a job sucking dicks.

He always had it the hard way.

Robtard
My first real job was at Burger King when I was 15, can't imagine sucking dicks could be worse than that shitpit.

Mindset
My first job was at lowes.

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Guild-Wars-2-General136.jpeg

Robtard
Probably sucking dicks in the Kitchens & Bathrooms section, ******.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Mindset
Rob had to suck a dick just to get an application for a job sucking dicks.

He always had it the hard way.

actually the job was at taco bell.

also, he offered.

Mindset
Originally posted by focus4chumps
actually the job was at taco bell.

also, he offered. Originally posted by Mindset

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Guild-Wars-2-General136.jpeg

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Oliver North

I'd also point out that, if you spank your child, you are doing it for your own benefit, not the kids. You might not be doing identifiable harm to the child (though this is debatable), but you are certainly doing no good, and in terms of learning and behavioural manipulation, punishment of that nature are among the least effective ways to motivate any type of organism to do what you want them to.

Counselors that teach "correct" spanking methods at least seem to focus on the fact that is one aspect to be avoided: spanking out of anger.

Regardless, sending kids to their room to play video games and text certainly isn't adequate punishment either.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Counselors that teach "correct" spanking methods at least seem to focus on the fact that is one aspect to be avoided: spanking out of anger.

That's kind of irrelevant. Research going back to Skinner is pretty clear that punishment is factually less effective than other training methods. Rewarding a kid for actively good behavior will do more than punishing them for bad behavior.

Tzeentch._
Filling out an application isn't considered hard, well maybe for your self entitled generation "Wahh! I have to apply for a job to get one!? Waaahh!" Nah, the problem was that I wasn't the only one who filled out an application that day. I had to compete with 4 40-year old men with masters degrees for that job. Only got it after slaughtering each of them one by one in Mortal Kombat and offering up their soul as tribute to the hiring manager.

Mindset
That's kind of irrelevant. Research going back to Skinner is pretty clear that punishment is factually less effective than other training methods. Rewarding a kid for actively good behavior will do more than punishing them for bad behavior. Wouldn't have worked for me.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

dadudemon
That's kind of irrelevant. Research going back to Skinner is pretty clear that punishment is factually less effective than other training methods. Rewarding a kid for actively good behavior will do more than punishing them for bad behavior.

Do you plan to have children? If you do, do you think they'll grow up with too much of a sense of entitlement? Or rather, what would you do to make sure that they do not grow up like that?

Is timeout okay? What about privilege deprivation?

Mr. Tibbs
This kid has MMA in his future.

crystalmaden
I think the kid has some mental retardation or he's a special child.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.