New DC movies announced: Flashpoint, and Superman Unbound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Just announded at NYCC, DC has released details of two upcoming animated movies.

One is called Flashpoint, and is based on, well, Flashpoint.

The other, more interestingly, is called Superman Unbound, and is an adaptation of the Superman: Brainiac arc by Geoff Johns.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=68640

Endless Mike
...How the hell are they planning to pull this off

BruceSkywalker
won't buy Flashpoint, Superman: Unbound sounds intriguing though

Bouboumaster
Should spent less time on animated, and more time on "real" movies

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Should spent less time on animated, and more time on "real" movies

Nah, their record with animation is superior to their live action movies, they should do the opposite: stick to animation and invest to get better quality and writing, stop whoring money to useless Hollywood actors that can't get DC right cool

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, their record with animation is superior to their live action movies, they should do the opposite: stick to animation and invest to get better quality and writing, stop whoring money to useless Hollywood actors that can't get DC right cool

The Actors have nothing to do with that its more Warner Bro's.

-Pr-
First images:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/First-Look-Matt-Bomer-Superman-Animated-1058558.aspx?rss=breakingnews

roughrider
Thread title should preface the fact these are animated, direct to DVD movies. Not like DC is getting any more active in making more live action features, despite blowing a lot of hot air when the latest Marvel movie comes out.

Golgo13
Del Toror and an unnamed writer will be doing Dark Universe! eek! Can't wait.

Bentley
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Actors have nothing to do with that its more Warner Bro's.

Ok, I'll rephrase it since I made it sound as if it was the actors fault. Just directing, casting and acting has massive flaws when put together, the writing isn't strong either. They should stick in animation and spend more money on that.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, I'll rephrase it since I made it sound as if it was the actors fault. Just directing, casting and acting has massive flaws when put together, the writing isn't strong either. They should stick in animation and spend more money on that.

That would be a horrible business plan, since animation (the type WB uses) doesn't make all that much money.

Bentley
Then be daring and develop an animation website, DC should fix their business model and mass produce that sh_t seizing a niche that nobody else has. The already have a solid online division, they could sell animation with physical/virtual comics etc.

Or, they could continue to pay millions to live actions movies that flo, which is the better business plan, I guess.

Golgo13
WB is a massive studio that produces more genres than super hero stuff/animation. They don't become the most profitable studio year in and year out by just focusing on super hero/action movies.

Although, that IS changing, since their blockbusters are finished. Namely Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

Galan007
I'll watch the Flashpoint adaption. I actually enjoyed the comic series quite a bit.

Bentley
Originally posted by Golgo13
WB is a massive studio that produces more genres than super hero stuff/animation. They don't become the most profitable studio year in and year out by just focusing on super hero/action movies.

Although, that IS changing, since their blockbusters are finished. Namely Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

That has... Almost nothing to do with what I said ermm

Golgo13
What? Mass developing a bunch of cartoons? Probably not important to them, since they already make money.l

kevdude
Originally posted by Golgo13
Del Toror and an unnamed writer will be doing Dark Universe! eek! Can't wait.

Yeah that will be good! I hope they don't try to do to much and show to many characters, leave some for the next animated movie. smile

roughrider
I thought Warner Bros. shut down their direct to DVD animation division. Made news last yer.

StiltmanFTW
I haven't read the comics, but I'll gladly watch Flashpoint. DC's animated movies tend to be pretty good.

juggerman
I'm very excited for this.

-Pr-
While Flashpoint might be cancelled, we're still getting Superman Unbound. Trailer:

EpnT__PBd6Q

Blair Wind
Originally posted by -Pr-
While Flashpoint might be cancelled, we're still getting Superman Unbound. Trailer:

EpnT__PBd6Q

Flash isn't cancelled:
http://www.newsarama.com/film/dc-animated-flashpoint-paradox-news.html

-Pr-
Yeah, just heard about it. It looked sketchy for a while, but glad to see we're getting it.

Blair Wind
So Flashpoint isn't a Flash film as much as a Justice League film focused on Flash.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/15120_10151546040313485_263557298_n.jpg

-Pr-
Hopefully it's true to the comic, as I still haven't read that yet

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Clip from Superman Unbound:

7oNVLJ8y1Vg

-Pr-
Just got finished watching Superman Unbound. Pretty solid re-telling, tbh, and one of the better Superman-centric DC movies. There was some odd pacing to it, but that didn't hurt it too badly imo.

xJLxKing
Got a chance to watch Unbound last night. Pretty good, they ripped the story right out of comic, except they kind of took only the bad parts. Animation was pretty terrible but over decent

ankur29
when do we get flashpoint

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Should spent less time on animated, and more time on "real" movies Agreed. They apparently are not learning from their mistakes.

Golgo13
Looks pretty interesting, actually.

juggerman
It was ok. Didn't care for how the main villian was bullied so often by Supes.

BlackZero30x
Flashpoint, despite the trailer, is very much like the comic. It opens with a prolog that is sort of its own but then it gets into The actual Flashpoint story where they changed little from the comics. As a Flash fan I overall enjoyed it. I'll be getting it when its released.

BlackZero30x
......there is a place it can be streamed online right now. PM me if you wish to know about it.

Galan007
the flashpoint paradox is probably my favorite animated film dc's put out to date-- definitely in the top 3. it held true to the comic series for the most part, and was very enjoyable the entire way through.

JayDaDon
I really liked it. They raised the bar IMO in animation and storytelling when it comes to these animated features. It got me really ready for the next one coming up.

juggerman
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
......there is a place it can be streamed online right now. PM me if you wish to know about it.

You are the MAN!!!

That was awesome. Might just be my fav

DARTH POWER
Just seen Flashpoint.

Was really cool to finally see Flash's combat prowess depicted well on screen.

He was shown to be untouchable like he should be, and that end scene of him leaping across skyscrapers was just so damn cool.

vansonbee
Did not seem the Superman Unbound, I thought it was the one with Superman face off those Britain teen hero group. (gonna watch)

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Just seen Flashpoint.

Was really cool to finally see Flash's combat prowess depicted well on screen.

He was shown to be untouchable like he should be, and that end scene of him leaping across skyscrapers was just so damn cool. I thought it was a cool movie too, but the leaping building part with speed looks lame, especially with the CGI added in. I hope to good Earth that Flash never has a live adaptation, because I cannot picture him being take seriously.

Who thought Wonder Woman look like a barbie girl in the movie btw?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.