Silver age Mangog vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Strongest version of Doomsday. Who takes this?

JakeTheBank
Mangog rapes.

Golgo13
Isn't Doomsday Wars DD the strongest?

ozz81
Mangog .. but im wondering if DD can evolve in his next life and hence get the better of mangog??

JakeTheBank
Nothing any Doomsday ever did would make him on par with Silver Age Mangog, let alone more powerful.

Glorificus
Mangog stomps.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Nothing any Doomsday ever did would make him on par with Silver Age Mangog, let alone more powerful. This.

Doomsday from DD Wars was the most powerful incarnation of Doomsday we ever saw, but he was still only a Trans-level character (possibly a bit higher depending on your opinion of early-90's Darkseid.) Mangog, on the other hand, was a peak Skyfather whom was more than a match for Odin himself, iirc... And since no version of Doomsday ever seemed to have evolved beyond physical pummeling, there is literally no argument can be made for him here.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
This.

Doomsday from DD Wars was the most powerful incarnation of Doomsday we ever saw, but he was still only a Trans-level character (possibly a bit higher depending on your opinion of early-90's Darkseid.) Mangog, on the other hand, was a peak Skyfather whom was more than a match for Odin himself, iirc... And since no version of Doomsday ever seemed to have evolved beyond physical pummeling, there is literally no argument can be made for him here.

What did DD do in that story?

Galan007
^ It was essentially Brainiac's intellect & psi abilities uploaded into H/P Doomsday's body. In the story itself, Doomsday shit-stomped Kyle, Dianna, Wally, Orion, Plastic Man, and J'onn combined. He also owned Superman a few times, and tanked the Astro Force... And DD's feats from H/P would also be applicable to this version.

h1a8
Nothing any Doomsday ever did would make him on par with Silver Age Mangog, let alone more powerful. Resisting the OE and pawning Darkseid. Also treating Superman, and killing thousands of GL. Also going through probes likeu tissue paper

Golgo13
Ohhhh, I remember that one now. That wasn't really an upgrade from what I remember.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Resisting the OE and pawning Darkseid. Also treating Superman, and killing thousands of GL. Also going through probes likeu tissue paper

Yep.

Nothing any Doomsday ever did would make him on par with Silver Age Mangog, let alone more powerful.

Golgo13
Doomsday once killed Time Trapper with his bare hands. Made him cry before his death.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
Ohhhh, I remember that one now. That wasn't really an upgrade from what I remember. It was definitely an upgrade... It just didn't last too long.

Galan007
Doomsday once killed Time Trapper with his bare hands. Made him cry before his death. When?

Golgo13
Why? Because he was smarter? I was thinking physically.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
When?

Joking. cool

psycho gundam
we call that lying around these parts

Galan007
Why? Because he was smarter? I was thinking physically. Physically, he was just as powerful (if not moreso) than he was during H/P, and he had Brainiac's intellect and psi powers as well.

That was definitely DD's most powerful version.

Joking. cool thumb up

h1a8
Yep. What did mangog do thats beyond what I listed?

JakeTheBank
What did mangog do thats beyond what I listed?

Beat the shit out of the combined forces of Asgard, was declared a universal threat, was beyond the means of Odin to beat conventionally and actually caused Odin to use plot devices just to BFR him which resulted in his death. Odin was scared shitless of Mangog and nothing he did could outright beat him straight up.

SA Mangog was Skyfather+ level.

pym-ftw
When did mangog get powered down?

He's still > Odin

JakeTheBank
Jurgens' incarnation of Mangog was more trans level instead of Skyfather + as evidenced by Thor doing considerably better against him (though he was still outmatched save for shoving Mjolnir inside his mouth) and by Mangog being in servitude to a Thanosi.

h1a8
Beat the shit out of the combined forces of Asgard, was declared a universal threat, was beyond the means of Odin to beat conventionally and actually caused Odin to use plot devices just to BFR him which resulted in his death. Odin was scared shitless of Mangog and nothing he did could outright beat him straight up.

SA Mangog was Skyfather+ level. A much weaker version of DD killing thousands of GL simultaneously is more impressive than beating the ones he beat in Asgard. Declared a universal threat isn't a feat and thus holds no water. I disagree that Odin (at his best) couldn't beat him conventionally. Also characters don't always fight with their utmost power in all comics. It is accepted that Destroyer can beat Mangog by most knowledgeable fans of Asgard.

Assuming that DD can't harm Mangog then at least we know that Mangog can't harm DD due to his inability to ko Thor in so many hits. Thus making this a at least a stalemate for DD. But perhaps DD can evolve some way to really harm Mangog after a long time then DD should win a slight majority.

Sundipped
This fight never ends.
They beat on each other for eternity.

quanchi112
Mangos stomps.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mangos stomps.

I love Mangos too.

deathlife
Mangog.

h1a8
Originally posted by deathlife
Mangog.

Does he have the strength to harm DD?

guy222
SAM

quanchi112
I love Mangos too. How I loathe you.

guy222
russell thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
russell thumb up I never knew you watched Tb.

guy222
oh yes eternal friend

great show

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sundipped
This fight never ends.
They beat on each other for eternity.

Uh no, Silver Age MAngog was the ultimate brick only beings that come close to him would be PC Omega, PC Validus, and PC Shaggy Man and they these three would rip any version of DD in half. SA Mangog was on the level of Silver Age Odin and that says a lot.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Uh no, Silver Age MAngog was the ultimate brick only beings that come close to him would be PC Omega, PC Validus, and PC Shaggy Man and they these three would rip any version of DD in half. SA Mangog was on the level of Silver Age Odin and that says a lot. Mangog has the durability but not the strength of those guys

the Darkone
Mangog has the durability but not the strength of those guys

His strength is in the same league and can surpass them, that's a fact! Mangog not only feeds on hatred, he also feeds on physical contact that makes him stronger, you would know that if you have read the story, instead of looking at bios.

Branlor Swift
Jokes on you, h1 didn't even read his bio. In fact, he doesn't even know what he looks like

the Darkone
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Jokes on you, h1 didn't even read his bio. In fact, he doesn't even know what he looks like

I was being sarcastic, I know he doesn't what Mangog looks like, he doesn't know squat about him or the other characters I mentioned. He havent even read the story arc on Mangog

JakeTheBank
A much weaker version of DD killing thousands of GL simultaneously is more impressive than beating the ones he beat in Asgard. Declared a universal threat isn't a feat and thus holds no water. I disagree that Odin (at his best) couldn't beat him conventionally. Also characters don't always fight with their utmost power in all comics. It is accepted that Destroyer can beat Mangog by most knowledgeable fans of Asgard.

Assuming that DD can't harm Mangog then at least we know that Mangog can't harm DD due to his inability to ko Thor in so many hits. Thus making this a at least a stalemate for DD. But perhaps DD can evolve some way to really harm Mangog after a long time then DD should win a slight majority.

Mangog ran through Asgard (including its broken artifacts and weapons) and was beyond Odin every time he showed up. And which knowledgeable fans of Asgard think that the Destroyer Armor could beat Silver Age Mangog?

...the shit? SA Mangog has the capacity to hurt Doomsday. Him not KO'ing Thor doesn't make him less powerful, especially considering Odin literally DIED to stop him. If anything, those were, at the time, high end showings for Thor and practically borderline PIS feats.

SA Mangog is above Odin, who is likewise beyond any Doomsday ever.

Igniz
SA Mangog turns DD into a rabbit.Then SA Mangog eats DD that got turned into a rabbit.

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
SA Mangog turns DD into a rabbit.Then SA Mangog eats DD that got turned into a rabbit. Why didn't he turn Odin into a rabbit or better yet Thor?

quanchi112
Why didn't he turn Odin into a rabbit or better yet Thor? Odin has built in resistance and just because someone doesn't do something doesn't mean they can't.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin has built in resistance and just because someone doesn't do something doesn't mean they can't.

It's funny how you didn't mention Thor.
If someone doesn't do something resembling it then it is speculative if they can do it in the first place, and also speculative if they would do it in a forum fight (character). I never saw Mangog turning ANYONE into rabbits in the comic, did you?

quanchi112
If someone doesn't do something resembling it then it is speculative if they can do it in the first place, and also speculative if they would do it in a forum fight (character). I never saw Mangog turning ANYONE into rabbits in the comic, did you? Probably because you've never read a comic. Read, learn, be silent.

DarkSaint85
Why didn't he turn Odin into a rabbit or better yet Thor?

Also characters don't always fight with their utmost power in all comics.

Mangog feeds on hate. Doomsday, due to his upbringing, is pure hate. Strengthening Mangog.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mangog feeds on hate. Doomsday, due to his upbringing, is pure hate. Strengthening Mangog.

HP DD adapts and starts to love Mangog in the hardest and most dirsturbing way you can imagine... he wins...

Branlor Swift
Mangog one punches Doomsday's head off.

I've done the math.

the Darkone
DD can adapt to the cows comes home, he still won't beat this version of Mangog. Mangog turns him into Kobe beef and BBQ his a$$

the Darkone
If someone doesn't do something resembling it then it is speculative if they can do it in the first place, and also speculative if they would do it in a forum fight (character). I never saw Mangog turning ANYONE into rabbits in the comic, did you?

This statement shows that you don't know what the hell u are talking about, if you have read the story, you would have know that Mangog encase Loki in solid amber, and Loki is second to Odin in mahic

h1a8
DD can adapt to the cows comes home, he still won't beat this version of Mangog. Mangog turns him into Kobe beef and BBQ his a$$

DD might not be able to beat him but Mangog aint beating DD with his pathetic power.

This statement shows that you don't know what the hell u are talking about, if you have read the story, you would have know that Mangog encase Loki in solid amber, and Loki is second to Odin in mahic

You right, encasing someone in amber is equivalent to turning them into a rabbit.
Dumb ass me.

Silent Master
Doomsday doesn't have the feats needed to beat Silver Age Mangog

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Doomsday doesn't have the feats needed to beat Silver Age Mangog

I didn't claim DD will beat Mangog (he might can) but DD can't lose to Mangog due to his lack of power. So it is at least a stalemate for DD.

Silent Master
Silver age Mangog doesn't lack for power.

the Darkone
DD might not be able to beat him but Mangog aint beating DD with his pathetic power.

You right, encasing someone in amber is equivalent to turning them into a rabbit.
Dumb ass me.

Manogog powers aren't pathetic, your mad becasue there is no way DD can beat Mangog, as where Classic Mangog can literally beat the living crap out DD or any version of him. But you would think that, but hey it's you at least you are consistent on wanking on characters, which you love to do.

Ur correct, u r a dumb a$$!

the Darkone

MAngog was going head up with Silver age Odin, who would thrashed DD across the cosmos with ease!!!

H1 is mad, because he has nothing to stand on to defend DD, except for lowballing like the troll he is.

h1a8
MAngog was going head up with Silver age Odin, who would thrashed DD across the cosmos with ease!!!

H1 is mad, because he has nothing to stand on to defend DD, except for lowballing like the troll he is.

ABC logic is doesn't work on me Mr. Vincent. You have to have faith.

When did I lowball? Explain why couldn't Mangog ko Thor in all those hits?

We all know he had hella durability, but strength? Hell no! I would give him herald level strength at best.

Manogog powers aren't pathetic, your mad becasue there is no way DD can beat Mangog, as where Classic Mangog can literally beat the living crap out DD or any version of him. But you would think that, but hey it's you at least you are consistent on wanking on characters, which you love to do.

Ur correct, u r a dumb a$$!

I didn't say his powers were pathetic but his power (singular). He lacked the strength to ko Thor in many hits. Explain that!

Then why didn't he ko Thor after thousands of hits? What the hell is he going to do to DD?

h1a8

But we don't know the rate in which Mangog's strength will increase. Also DD would keep adapting and getting more powerful himself. Like I said, this fight could be a stalemate.

Silent Master
Mangog wins.

carver9
Mangog stomps.

Igniz
Why didn't he turn Odin into a rabbit or better yet Thor?

Odin has built in defense.The only time I can remember Thor getting transmutated, was the time Loki used the Twilight Sword to cast a spell to tranform Thor into a frog.The Twilight Sword after all belonged to Surtur.You can tell that the ones you mentioned at least has built in magical defense while other Asgardians got turned into barn yard animals like dogs,sheeps and etc.

So yeah, SA Mangog turns DD into a rabbit and eats him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Igniz
Odin has built in defense.The only time I can remember Thor getting transmutated, was the time Loki used the Twilight Sword to cast a spell to tranform Thor into a frog.The Twilight Sword after all belonged to Surtur.You can tell that the ones you mentioned at least has built in magical defense while other Asgardians got turned into barn yard animals like dogs,sheeps and etc.

So yeah, SA Mangog turns DD into a rabbit and eats him.

This. Whilst his own inherent strength/durability is then also amped on top by the hate.

JakeTheBank
This is practically spite, tbh.

abhilegend
facepalm @thread.

Nibedicus
Mangog. :-/

h1a8
This is practically spite, tbh.

Why? Mangog lacked the power to ko Thor in many hits. There is no way he's beating DD. Thus probably a stalemate.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Mangog. :-/

Wrong!

h1a8
Mangog wins. Not if he can't damage DD significantly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mangog.

Silent Master
Not if he can't damage DD significantly.

Mangog has more than enough power to defeat Doomsday.

the Darkone
@H1a8 Mangog was getting weaker as he was shrinking, Odin spell worked which it de-powered Mangog that's why his blows didn't KO Thor, you would have know that if you a have read the story which you didn't. Thor earlier in the stories was getting KO left and right, even Odin got KO so their goes your Mangog doesn't have enough power theory.

Mangog was KOing forest giants, Thor, Odin with ease at the height of his power, hence the word Classic/Silver Age Mangog.

h1a8
@H1a8 Mangog was getting weaker as he was shrinking, Odin spell worked which it de-powered Mangog that's why his blows didn't KO Thor, you would have know that if you a have read the story which you didn't. Thor earlier in the stories was getting KO left and right, even Odin got KO so their goes your Mangog doesn't have enough power theory.

Mangog was KOing forest giants, Thor, Odin with ease at the height of his power, hence the word Classic/Silver Age Mangog.
Wrong fight dude. I'm referring to the fight where the recorder was watching the fight and Mangog hit Thor thousands of times. Mangog never koed Odin, forest giants are weak compared to a high herald being

h1a8

Prove it. Show examples of hits that is beyond sufficient to harm DD.

the Darkone
Wrong fight dude. I'm referring to the fight where the recorder was watching the fight and Mangog hit Thor thousands of times. Mangog never koed Odin, forest giants are weak compared to a high herald being

That was a de-powered Mangog, that fight was in Thor vol2 21-25, that version Mangog was de-powered at best high trans. We are talking Classic/ Silver Age Mangog big difference in the power gap, go read some comics you troll.

the Darkone

Just ignore him, he nothing but a troll, and always low balling. Dont waste your time, he likes to argue, he convincing himself he is debating, he's delusional.

Silent Master
Prove it. Show examples of hits that is beyond sufficient to harm DD.

You're kidding right?

The Sorrow
Silver Age Mangog was far beyond classic Thor in fact Thor couldn't even harm him and was defeated easily. If anyone needs feats to prove they're capable of damaging the other it's Doomsday not Mangog.

Horrificus
Wrong fight dude. I'm referring to the fight where the recorder was watching the fight and Mangog hit Thor thousands of times. Mangog never koed Odin, forest giants are weak compared to a high herald being Ya just don't get it, do ya?

Mangog has ko'd Odin. Among many other feats.

h1a8
You're kidding right?

Hell no!
Durability=/=strength
Granted Mangog has the durability to not get slaughtered by DD right away but does he have the strength and hitting power to damage DD faster than he can heal from and faster than he can evolve resistance?

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
Ya just don't get it, do ya?

Mangog has ko'd Odin. Among many other feats.

Show me him koing a healthy Odin?

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Silver Age Mangog was far beyond classic Thor in fact Thor couldn't even harm him and was defeated easily. If anyone needs feats to prove they're capable of damaging the other it's Doomsday not Mangog.

DD sent a claw through Superman's shoulder like he was made of liquid. That's one hella feat.

I'm not even claiming that DD can harm Mangog, I'm claiming that Mangog can't harm DD (at least not significantly enough).

Silent Master
This is spite against Doomsday.

The Sorrow
DD sent a claw through Superman's shoulder like he was made of liquid. That's one hella feat.

I'm not even claiming that DD can harm Mangog, I'm claiming that Mangog can't harm DD (at least not significantly enough).
Impressive when comparing him against other heralds sure but you're dealing with skyfather level power here. That feat is child's play.

Prove it then.

Mangog wore Odin down and defeated him yet you believe he can't significantly harm Doomsday? Not sure if you realise how silly that sounds.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Impressive when comparing him against other heralds sure but you're dealing with skyfather level power here. That feat is child's play.

Prove it then.

Mangog wore Odin down and defeated him yet you believe he can't significantly harm Doomsday? Not sure if you realise how silly that sounds.

Stop stating things that need to be shown. People twist things all the time and use exaggeration or just plain lying. Show me Mangog physically koing Odin or damaging him sufficient through physical force.

No skyfather has durability beyond thousands of times greater than Superman, not even Odin. Piercing something like water implies that DD can pierce something over 1000 times more durable.

h1a8
This is spite against Doomsday.

Yet you can't prove Mangog's physical hitting power is sufficient to damage DD well enough.

Silent Master
Yet you can't prove Mangog's physical hitting power is sufficient to damage DD well enough.

Have you seen his fight against Odin?

the Darkone
It's been shown a dozen times, Odin was defeated and laying in the hands of Mangog, my god h1a8 u Re really ignorant of what has taken place and stated in comics, ur nothing but a troll and low baller

h1a8
Have you seen his fight against Odin?
Probably have but don't remember Mangog being shown to physically ko Odin.
That's why I was asking for scans or at least issue numbers where Mangog physically koed Odin.

Silent Master
Probably have but don't remember Mangog being shown to physically ko Odin.
That's why I was asking for scans or at least issue numbers where Mangog physically koed Odin.

You're really going on the record that it's easier to kill Odin than it is to beat Doomsday?

h1a8
It's been shown a dozen times, Odin was defeated and laying in the hands of Mangog, my god h1a8 u Re really ignorant of what has taken place and stated in comics, ur nothing but a troll and low baller

How am I a troll asking for proof of this? Shown a dozen times? I haven't seen it once. give me issue numbers so I can read it myself. I won't deny on panel proof, just asking to see it.

h1a8
You're really going on the record that it's easier to kill Odin than it is to beat Doomsday?

I'm not sure if Mangog was even physically shown to damage Odin. Thus it stops there.

Silent Master
I'm not sure if Mangog was even physically shown to damage Odin. Thus it stops there.

IOW, once again you're "debating" a character that you know nothing about.

h1a8
IOW, once again you're "debating" a character that you know nothing about. LOL, there is no such rule that in order to debate a character you must have read ALL of their appearances.

Only a few members here (if that) have read ALL of a very popular character's appearances. The majority of us has read or seen a good deal of a character's appearances, which is sufficient enough to debate.

Silent Master
LOL, there is no such rule that in order to debate a character you must have read ALL of their appearances.

Only a few members here (if that) have read ALL of a very popular character's appearances. The majority of us has read or seen a good deal of a character's appearances, which is sufficient enough to debate.

Are you claiming that you've read a good deal of Silverage Mangog's appearances

bbrem123
spite against doomsday

the Darkone
Originally posted by bbrem123
spite against doomsday

Except for a certain Troll, who claims that Doomsday can battled a Sky Father level being and stalemate Classic Mangog who defeated Odin in battled, where panel proof and statements says other wise, but he wants proof and claims he know What the f**k? he is talking about.

People who have actually read the story and comprehended it and also reads both DC and Marvel, are saying spite towards DD, but troll H1a8 says other wise, and have no facts or panel proof to back him up, and calling out other people to show evidence, but he doesn't yeah he is a troll and low baller.

JakeTheBank
This thread has my permission to die.

the Darkone
Second that

Horrificus
I'm not sure if Mangog was even physically shown to damage Odin. Thus it stops there. Odin Out Cold 1
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_odinisout.jpg

Odin Out Cold 2
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/th_odinpassout.jpg

Wiped out an entire army of Asgardian Gods with One Blow.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_OneBlow.jpg

Odin a Rag Doll, Thor Out Cold. Odin Could Not Injure Mangog.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/th_odinragdoll.jpg

the Darkone
Case closed, in favor of Mangog

h1a8
Odin Out Cold 1
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_odinisout.jpg

Odin Out Cold 2
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/th_odinpassout.jpg

Wiped out an entire army of Asgardian Gods with One Blow.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_OneBlow.jpg

Odin a Rag Doll, Thor Out Cold. Odin Could Not Injure Mangog.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/th_odinragdoll.jpg

What? I didn't even see Mangog attack Odin. What's the circumstances of Odin being like that? Issue number so I can read it myself.

Odin attacked Mangog with a dumbass sword. Odin showed no power but looked like a regular man with no power fighting with a sword, WTH.

Also it was of opinion in the Silver Age that Thor was physically stronger than Odin. So either Thor is physically superior to Odin at that time or Odin jobbed his ass off since Thor didn't fair worst that Odin when Mangog attacked him. Either was the fight is not indicative of what will happen taking Odin at his best.

JakeTheBank
What? I didn't even see Mangog attack Odin. What's the circumstances of Odin being like that? Issue number so I can read it myself.

Odin attacked Mangog with a dumbass sword. Odin showed no power but looked like a regular man with no power fighting with a sword, WTH.

Also it was of opinion in the Silver Age that Thor was physically stronger than Odin. So either Thor is physically superior to Odin at that time or Odin jobbed his ass off since Thor didn't fair worst that Odin when Mangog attacked him. Either was the fight is not indicative of what will happen taking Odin at his best.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/3RDW0RLD/MauryLaughing.gif

abhilegend
Thor was suggested to be stronger than odin many times in silver age.

Horrificus

Also it was of opinion in the Silver Age that Thor was physically stronger than Odin. So either Thor is physically superior to Odin at that time or Odin jobbed his ass off since Thor didn't fair worst that Odin when Mangog attacked him. Either was the fight is not indicative of what will happen taking Odin at his best. If you had read the books, instead of simply arguing, you would know that Odin has stated, over and over, the all of his powers were useless against Mangog.

Silent Master
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/3RDW0RLD/MauryLaughing.gif

thumb up

V1er3oni5ca

http://www.qmmv.info/12.jpg

http://www.qmmv.info/13.jpg

http://www.qmmv.info/14.jpg

the Darkone

You haven't even read the story, but you are claiming that Odin wasn't at his best, is what you are saying as where the story basically stated that Odin was at top form and all of his powers weren't doing nothing to Mangog if anything if was feeding him.

You are a troll, bottom line. Your nothing but a cancer and a pain the in butt, you talk more BS than a US Senator. Go read some comics if you can comprehended.

abhilegend
You haven't even read the story, but you are claiming that Odin wasn't at his best, is what you are saying as where the story basically stated that Odin was at top form and all of his powers weren't doing nothing to Mangog if anything if was feeding him.

You are a troll, bottom line. Your nothing but a cancer and a pain the in butt, you talk more BS than a US Senator. Go read some comics if you can comprehended.
Calm down.

JakeTheBank
No, unleash your fury!

Damborgson
back in the day Loki did say something similar to "Ha! You know that even your might cannot compare to that of the mighty Thor'!" to Odin. Not that it matters these days of course.

the Darkone
Originally posted by abhilegend
Calm down.

Im cool, I'm just sick and tired of his crap. He does this all the time, we all have our opinions either right or wrong, but when you are shown evidence, panel feats, statements time and time again and more than one person even backs up the statement, and you still questioned it, with no counter evidence from yourself it gets tired some. He's not debating he arguing for the sake of arguing, I think we all need to take advice including myself, don't arguing with a fool unless you become the fool your self.

ODG
This is spite against Doomsday. thumb up

the Darkone
No, unleash your fury!

Sometimes I feel Galactus during Annihilation, Herald my RAGE!!!

U can handle him jake you have better resource than I do, since you have more Thor books and better knowledge of him and Asgard.

JakeTheBank
I will summon the entire host of the Nine Realms to smite the non-believer.

Damborgson
-resentment towards Jake's Thor knowledge rising-

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0waxwM7Fj1qc4ozgo2_500.gif

You will all kneel.

the Darkone
I will summon the entire host of the Nine Realms to smite the non-believer.

Smite, drop kick, close line, bone break, ram the hammer up his a$$ and flick the switch, or send him to Hela if need be, All Father Jake!!

Horrificus
Originally posted by Damborgson
back in the day Loki did say something similar to "Ha! You know that even your might cannot compare to that of the mighty Thor'!" to Odin. Not that it matters these days of course. Well, that's ok too. because I have posted plenty of scans of an unconscious Thor in other Mangog threads.

I would bet that Mangog has knocked Thor out more than any other character.

sniff... Classic Mangog. You will be missed.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Damborgson
-resentment towards Jake's Thor knowledge rising-

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0waxwM7Fj1qc4ozgo2_500.gif

You will all kneel.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m308rblTjg1qcqa6fo2_500.gif

JakeTheBank
Smite, drop kick, close line, bone break, ram the hammer up his a$$ and flick the switch, or send him to Hela if need be, All Father Jake!!

Your faith will be well rewarded.

the Darkone
Your faith will be well rewarded.

No mercy, I want to see snot bubbles and tears, All Father Jake.

Bring the pain!!!

h1a8

Did you read all of my post? How did Mangog harm Odin? Did he drain him? What?
Why did Thor fair better? Is it because Thor was physically superior to Odin at that time?

Give me the issue number and I will read it myself.

If you had read the books, instead of simply arguing, you would know that Odin has stated, over and over, the all of his powers were useless against Mangog. What does that have to do with Mangog harming DD?

DarkSaint85

What does that have to do with Mangog harming DD?

I guess because it shows that Mangog's magic (as he is a magic being after all!) is greater than Odin's magic. You could argue that it just means Mangog has awesome defensive magic, but poor (relatively) offensive magic, but seeing as he's meant for destruction, that doesn't make much sense, just like DD was meant for destruction and so has the ability to dish out as much as he can take.

Horrificus
Odin has stated, over and over, the all of his powers were useless against Mangog. Originally posted by h1a8
What does that have to do with Mangog harming DD?

It's just something that I like to go around saying to people.

the Darkone
Thor being physical superior too Odin means nothing, Odin has one shot Thor on numerous occasions and can amp his strength beyond Thor, still has nothing to do with Mangog since he feeds off of physical contact and magic directly, DD is stronger than Odin in base strength but not more powerful, if Odin had to fight any version of DD Odin would thrash him literally.

Mangog is a different beast all together, Mangog will physical hurt DD as he hurt Thor, DD is not smart enough to understand that, DD will be fueling Mangog; and Mangog tear him apart with his Sky Father level power.

h1a8
Thor being physical superior too Odin means nothing, Odin has one shot Thor on numerous occasions and can amp his strength beyond Thor, still has nothing to do with Mangog since he feeds off of physical contact and magic directly, DD is stronger than Odin in base strength but not more powerful, if Odin had to fight any version of DD Odin would thrash him literally.

Mangog is a different beast all together, Mangog will physical hurt DD as he hurt Thor, DD is not smart enough to understand that, DD will be fueling Mangog; and Mangog tear him apart with his Sky Father level power.
Odin had later did things with his strength to prove himself but I'm only referring to that instance in time (where Thor was considered physically superior to his father).

Mangog has never been proven to exert the force necessary to harm DD sufficiently. Hurting classic Thor isn't enough. Now if Mangog killed Thor easily then you would have a point, but he didn't. Yes you have a point about DD feeding Mangog and this may be the trick to beat DD. But know that DD evolves resistance to anything that is getting the best of him. Thus it's possible that the only way to beat HP DD is to bfr him or ONE SHOT him. I highly doubt Mangog is one shotting HP DD.

Like I said, HP DD may or may not be able to get past Mangog's durability (depending on how much you put into him easily piercing Superman) but Mangog hasn't shown the ridiculous strength (like ability to kill Thor in one or a few blows) that's needed. But he does have the feeding off anger thing going for him. So prehaps he wins. Right now i'm undecided.

DarkSaint85
Odin had later did things with his strength to prove himself but I'm only referring to that instance in time (where Thor was considered physically superior to his father).

Mangog has never been proven to exert the force necessary to harm DD sufficiently. Hurting classic Thor isn't enough. Now if Mangog killed Thor easily then you would have a point, but he didn't. Yes you have a point about DD feeding Mangog and this may be the trick to beat DD. But know that DD evolves resistance to anything that is getting the best of him. Thus it's possible that the only way to beat HP DD is to bfr him or ONE SHOT him. I highly doubt Mangog is one shotting HP DD.

Like I said, HP DD may or may not be able to get past Mangog's durability (depending on how much you put into him easily piercing Superman) but Mangog hasn't shown the ridiculous strength (like ability to kill Thor in one or a few blows) that's needed. But he does have the feeding off anger thing going for him. So prehaps he wins. Right now i'm undecided.

Plus he can fire magical energy. Which, as no one has used against DD before, means he's RELATIVELY weak against.

Silent Master

I'll help you out, Mangog wins 100000000000/10

h1a8
Plus he can fire magical energy. Which, as no one has used against DD before, means he's RELATIVELY weak against. There's lots of blasts DD never encountered that he was already resistant against (the OE anyone). There's no guarantees there.

The problem with DD is not his incredible durability, but his ability to not only heal instantly if you can even bypass it, and his ability to evolve greater resistance (if not complete immunity) to whatever is harming him.

The only chance Mangog has is to go become more powerful through feeding against DD

DarkSaint85
There's lots of blasts DD never encountered that he was already resistant against (the OE anyone). There's no guarantees there.

The problem with DD is not his incredible durability, but his ability to not only heal instantly if you can even bypass it, and his ability to evolve greater resistance (if not complete immunity) to whatever is harming him.

The only chance Mangog has is to go become more powerful through feeding against DD

The Radiant killed him (or at least, knocked him out for a loooong while). He was amped by his planets' royal family energies. So you were asking previously, what Mangog could do to harm him.....

Sixth_Winged
There's lots of blasts DD never encountered that he was already resistant against (the OE anyone). There's no guarantees there.

Or he gets turned into a rabbit.

Has he ever faced a complete transmutation before and reversed it?

Damborgson
Mangog of course

h1a8
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Or he gets turned into a rabbit.

Has he ever faced a complete transmutation before and reversed it?

Why didn't he turn Thor into a rabbit?
The OE didn't transmute DD into vapor.

The Radiant killed him (or at least, knocked him out for a loooong while). He was amped by his planets' royal family energies. So you were asking previously, what Mangog could do to harm him.....

That was a weaker DD. This is the strongest version, one who can adapt on the fly.
The OE is greater than any blast by Mangog.

DarkSaint85

That was a weaker DD. This is the strongest version, one who can adapt on the fly.

Yes, but the magic is different, right? So whilst he's super super resistant to the OE, he will not be as resistant to the same degree to a magic blast.

Sixth_Winged

Well for starters, he reveled in beating the crap out Thor. Conversly, why did he transmute other asgardians during his ruse in the first place, maybe because he can and he intended to keep his facade longer.

As for the OE, Darkseid wasn't intent on transmuting him. Fact is, when he thought DD was dead, he turned his back onto him unlike how he dealt with Cyborg Superman. Easy to surmise he just wanted to get rid of DD the old fashion killing way.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Well for starters, he reveled in beating the crap out Thor. Conversly, why did he transmute other asgardians during his ruse in the first place, maybe because he can.

As for the OE, Darkseid wasn't intent on transmuting him. Fact is, when he thought DD was dead, he turned his back onto him unlike how he dealt with Cyborg Superman. Easy to surmise he just wanted to get rid of DD the old fashion killing way. I don't recall him turning the other Asgardians into rabbits either. Darkseid was intent on transmuting him into vapor. You didn't know?

Sixth_Winged
I don't recall him turning the other Asgardians into rabbits either. Darkseid was intent on transmuting him into vapor. You didn't know?

The other guys already posted a pic of him transmuting other asgardians into animals so i really don't follow.

Anyway, i don't recall Darkseid intended to turn H/P Doomsday into vapor but if I did miss that, resisting something he hasn't encountered isn't something Dd had so it's pretty safe to assume Darkseid didn't actually tried transmutating him.

Horrificus
I don't recall him turning the other Asgardians into rabbits either. Darkseid was intent on transmuting him into vapor. You didn't know? Dude, I know you are trying to save face, but you really need to go read all of the original books somehow. Because you keep arguing about things, simply because you haven't seen them on-panel.

You should not need to be educated about the character AFTER you make a claim about a character.

h1a8
Dude, I know you are trying to save face, but you really need to go read all of the original books somehow. Because you keep arguing about things, simply because you haven't seen them on-panel.

You should not need to be educated about the character AFTER you make a claim about a character. Funny you should say that. And you are right. So Guess what? I just read all of Mangog's appearances (Silver Age from Thor vol. 1). Now I know I can't trust people with scans since they use trickery through them.

Odin was greatly weakened from moving Asgard when he confronted Mangog. He barely had time to rest and was falling over.

Out of all the confrontations Mangog and Thor had, Mangog never really injured Thor. Not only that, his offensive power seemed far below the likes of a Superman or even DD. He had the durability to resist Thor's hammer hits, which is impressive, and a weakened Odin sword attack. But that doesn't make him invincible. Also it is said over and over that he had the power of a billion billion warriors, which implies a limit. That means anyone who is more powerful than those can bypass his durability. I would say that Superman is more powerful than a billion billion warriors and thus is DD.

So now I'm back to HP DD winning this. Piercing Superman like he is liquid and having the ability to adapt on the fly is enough for me.

Silent Master
LOL!!!!!

You're the only person that doesn't realize that this is a spite thread against Doomsday.

h1a8
LOL!!!!!

You're the only person that doesn't realize that this is a spite thread against Doomsday. If that is the case then I'm the only person who read BOTH Mangog and DD and know the truth.

Silent Master
If that is the case then I'm the only person who read BOTH Mangog and DD and know the truth.

LOL!!!!!!

h1a8
LOL!!!!!!

I'm serious. Was up all night reading Silver Age Mangog. He did absolutely nothing to suggest he can even harm DD. He didn't even injure classic Thor well and they fought for the longest, and many times. The billion billion beings bit implied the magnitude of his power by the writer and was mentioned several times throughout. IMO, he didn't show the power of a billion billion beings, but rather less than 1 billion beings (and I'm being nice).

Silent Master
LOL!!!!!!

the Darkone
If that is the case then I'm the only person who read BOTH Mangog and DD and know the truth.

laughing laughing, that's some funny sh@! there, arrogant and ignorant classic! Funny coming from who doesn't read comics but bios, and with no crediability

Silent Master
laughing laughing, that's some funny sh@! there, arrogant and ignorant classic! Funny coming from who doesn't read comics but bios, and with no crediability

All he does is ignore or downplay all of Mangog's feats while massively exaggerating Doomsday's.

At this point, "LOL!!!" is all the response his posts deserve.

h1a8
All he does is ignore or downplay all of Mangog's feats while massively exaggerating Doomsday's.

At this point, "LOL!!!" is all the response his posts deserve.

You must didn't read Mangog at all. If you did then you would know I didn't downplay anything (I gave him credit for tanking Thor's hammer hits).
Since you read Mangog (supposedly) then tell me Mr. what did Mangog do to suggest he can harm DD, because he didn't do much to Thor and they fought many times. Unless you are saying Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DD in physicality. Are you? It would seem as you are the one ignoring what happened on panel.

pym-ftw
@H1

In the least Trolling manner I have to ask, you can't honestly believe that a skyfather level being can't hurt H/p Doomsday...to say Darksieds power level is variable would be nice, and that includes the OE.

Silent Master
You must didn't read Mangog at all. If you did then you would know I didn't downplay anything (I gave him credit for tanking Thor's hammer hits).
Since you read Mangog (supposedly) then tell me Mr. what did Mangog do to suggest he can harm DD, because he didn't do much to Thor and they fought many times. Unless you are saying Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DD in physicality. Are you?

LOL!!!!

Silent Master
Stop stating things that need to be shown. People twist things all the time and use exaggeration or just plain lying. Show me Mangog physically koing Odin or damaging him sufficient through physical force.

No skyfather has durability beyond thousands of times greater than Superman, not even Odin. Piercing something like water implies that DD can pierce something over 1000 times more durable.

Wow, look how easily a common steak knife can pierce aluminum, according to h1a8, that means it can also pierce a metal that is over 1000 times more durable.

BTW, I look forward to you backing this claim up.

h1a8
Wow, look how easily a common steak knife can pierce aluminum, according to h1a8, that means it can also pierce a metal that is over 1000 times more durable.

BTW, I look forward to you backing this claim up.

I said if you can pierce something like liquid (not aluminum) you can pierce something 1000 times more durable.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>