comic event adaptation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
What comic event(s) would you like to see onscreen (live action or animation)?

personally, i'd like to see The Infinity Gauntlet saga, Crisis on Infinite Earth, Legion of the three world, Chaos War

roughrider
It's completely blue sky fantasizing, thinking about what famous comic arc would get done in live action. It's never happened before; they take aspects of the best stories to come up with something new for live action films. Only exception now is the Avengers. Now that the first teamup has happened against a bigger threat, it could be open season for anything: Thanos, the Kree-Skrull War, Secret Invasion, The Celestials come to judge humanity...but it took six films just to get to this jumping off point.

Animated films, anything could be done. There's less pressure and rules involved in that. Crisis On Infinite Earths would be hugely epic, but probably arrive in a bastardized,compromised effort. I'm looking at clips from the animated version of The Dark Knight Returns, and it's kind of boring because it's too exact; it's the Zack Snyder-Robert Rodriguez style treatment that gives you nothing new to chew on and moves like a walking graphic novel, rather than an adaption.

dynamix
i can definitely see an animated adaptation of Crisis On Infinite Earth!! I remember seeing Crisis on two Earth (or something like that) and thought oh sh!t, they made it...then i realize it wasn't COIE lol.

juggerman
Id rather see Superboy Killing everyone to death in an animated Infinite Crisis

Newjak
I wouldn't mind seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen as a 3 part movie.

dynamix
Originally posted by juggerman
Id rather see Superboy Killing everyone to death in an animated Infinite Crisis

ooohhh i would LOVE to see that, tbh! And i hope that that specific line of dialogue will be intact!

Galan007
An animated version of Sinestro Corps War would be boner-inducing.

dynamix
lol! Galan, do u think Chaos War would be a good animated project? I know that arc has undergone much criticism but as a film project....it could work?

dynamix
and i think Endless Night would actually be a great animated film.

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
An animated version of Sinestro Corps War would be boner-inducing. That would be a good one to see.

I still think seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen would be awesome.

Galan007
Originally posted by dynamix
lol! Galan, do u think Chaos War would be a good animated project? I know that arc has undergone much criticism but as a film project....it could work? Personally, I think Chaos War was too lengthy as a whole for it to translate well into a film... And I didn't think the story itself was very good either.

Originally posted by Newjak
That would be a good one to see.

I still think seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen would be awesome. thumb up

TheGodKiller
Since Planet Hulk was already animated, a sequel in World War Hulk would be nice.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by dynamix
i'd like to see The Infinity Gauntlet saga
It would be great to animate that saga. I always hoped that the IG would make a cameo in that Silver Surfer series that got cancelled but it didn't happen lol.

If Thanos/IG will indeed be involved in the Avengers sequel, then there's no reason why Marvel shouldn't produce an animated version of that saga. Especially since an animated iteration of Secret Wars(involving another nigh-omnipotent character) already exists........

roughrider
They did The Dark Knight Returns as a two-part movie. If they wanted to do the full Knightfall & Kinghtsend storyline from Batman, with Bane and Azrael, that would take at least three movies to do right. I'd like to see a faithful adaption of that.

Newjak
Marvel Zombies could also be another candidate for an animated movie.

armedforbattle
Fear itself and Civil War

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Zombies could also be another candidate for an animated movie. I'd love to see that. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Speaking of animated movies, Marvel needs to stop fooling around and get us something new.

tkitna
Korvac Saga

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd love to see that. thumb up I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

Zombies have been the rage the last 5 - 7 years. They would make a decent bundle on it.

Galan007
Yup, and with all the Marvel Zombies spinoff comics (I think they're up to the 5th series), they'd have room to make sequel films as well.

dynamix
i really want to see a cosmic arc done onscreen. Preferably animated as i think live action would be too difficult and probably corny, lol.

dynamix
Book of Magic could be a good live action piece. A darker version of Harry Potter lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.