KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » comic event adaptation

comic event adaptation
Started by: dynamix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

comic event adaptation

What comic event(s) would you like to see onscreen (live action or animation)?

personally, i'd like to see The Infinity Gauntlet saga, Crisis on Infinite Earth, Legion of the three world, Chaos War

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:21 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's completely blue sky fantasizing, thinking about what famous comic arc would get done in live action. It's never happened before; they take aspects of the best stories to come up with something new for live action films. Only exception now is the Avengers. Now that the first teamup has happened against a bigger threat, it could be open season for anything: Thanos, the Kree-Skrull War, Secret Invasion, The Celestials come to judge humanity...but it took six films just to get to this jumping off point.

Animated films, anything could be done. There's less pressure and rules involved in that. Crisis On Infinite Earths would be hugely epic, but probably arrive in a bastardized,compromised effort. I'm looking at clips from the animated version of The Dark Knight Returns, and it's kind of boring because it's too exact; it's the Zack Snyder-Robert Rodriguez style treatment that gives you nothing new to chew on and moves like a walking graphic novel, rather than an adaption.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 06:49 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i can definitely see an animated adaptation of Crisis On Infinite Earth!! I remember seeing Crisis on two Earth (or something like that) and thought oh sh!t, they made it...then i realize it wasn't COIE lol.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 07:15 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Id rather see Superboy Killing everyone to death in an animated Infinite Crisis

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 01:28 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I wouldn't mind seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen as a 3 part movie.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 01:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Id rather see Superboy Killing everyone to death in an animated Infinite Crisis

ooohhh i would LOVE to see that, tbh! And i hope that that specific line of dialogue will be intact!

Last edited by dynamix on Nov 13th, 2012 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 06:43 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

An animated version of Sinestro Corps War would be boner-inducing.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 06:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

lol! Galan, do u think Chaos War would be a good animated project? I know that arc has undergone much criticism but as a film project....it could work?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 06:57 PM
dynamix

and i think Endless Night would actually be a great animated film.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 06:59 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Galan007
An animated version of Sinestro Corps War would be boner-inducing.
That would be a good one to see.

I still think seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen would be awesome.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 07:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by dynamix
lol! Galan, do u think Chaos War would be a good animated project? I know that arc has undergone much criticism but as a film project....it could work?
Personally, I think Chaos War was too lengthy as a whole for it to translate well into a film... And I didn't think the story itself was very good either.

Originally posted by Newjak
That would be a good one to see.

I still think seeing Kingdom Come on the big screen would be awesome.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 07:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Since Planet Hulk was already animated, a sequel in World War Hulk would be nice.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 07:17 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Re: comic event adaptation

Originally posted by dynamix
i'd like to see The Infinity Gauntlet saga

It would be great to animate that saga. I always hoped that the IG would make a cameo in that Silver Surfer series that got cancelled but it didn't happen lol.

If Thanos/IG will indeed be involved in the Avengers sequel, then there's no reason why Marvel shouldn't produce an animated version of that saga. Especially since an animated iteration of Secret Wars(involving another nigh-omnipotent character) already exists........

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 07:21 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They did The Dark Knight Returns as a two-part movie. If they wanted to do the full Knightfall & Kinghtsend storyline from Batman, with Bane and Azrael, that would take at least three movies to do right. I'd like to see a faithful adaption of that.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 09:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Marvel Zombies could also be another candidate for an animated movie.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 10:50 PM
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Fear itself and Civil War

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 08:40 PM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Zombies could also be another candidate for an animated movie.
I'd love to see that. thumb up

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 09:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Speaking of animated movies, Marvel needs to stop fooling around and get us something new.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 09:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Korvac Saga

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 10:26 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd love to see that. thumb up
I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

Zombies have been the rage the last 5 - 7 years. They would make a decent bundle on it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 12:27 PM