Ultimate Wizard Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Voldemort vs. Gandalf the White vs. Saruman vs. Dumbledore vs. Balthazar Blake vs. Maxim Horvath vs. Morgana Le Fay vs. Bavmorda

The great Quanchi assembles these wizards from LOTR, Harry Potter, Sorcerer's Apprentice. and Willow in a fight to the death whose the baddest mage in this epic royal rumble type bout.

Fight takes place in Mount Doom.

Astner
Well, Gandalf the White replaced Saruman, he even broke his staff. So Saruman should be out of the equation.

Robtard
Another HP masturbation thread, we have enough already.

Mindset
Does Gandalf get his Magneto powers?

FrothByte
Originally posted by quanchi112
Voldemort vs. Gandalf the White vs. Saruman vs. Dumbledore vs. Balthazar Blake vs. Maxim Horvath vs. Morgana Le Fay vs. Bavmorda

The great Quanchi assembles these wizards from LOTR, Harry Potter, Sorcerer's Apprentice. and Willow in a fight to the death whose the baddest mage in this epic royal rumble type bout.

Fight takes place in Mount Doom.

I don't know who Maxim is, so I'll leave him out.

Balthazar... can't really remember much of his powers. Haven't had that much interest in Nicolas cage as of late.

Gandalf defeated Saruman quite easily, so Saruman is out.
Voldemort I believe is more powerful than Dumbledore (if barely), so I'll take Dumbledore out.

Morgan le Fay, which movie version are we talking about? Is she the witch from Merlin? Can't remember much of her skills, but I don't think she was as powerful as Voldermort or Gandalf.

Bavmorda was a great villain, but sadly doesn't have the same battle spells as Gandalf and Voldemort. All I remember her using was Telekinesis and lightning.

Now Gandalf and Voldemort is a toss up. Gandalf has way more raw power, but Voldemort has shown better diversity of powers. I'm not even sure VOldemort can be killed. Though Gandalf did fight that Balrog in hell or something.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't know who Maxim is, so I'll leave him out.

He's from Sorcerer's Apprentice

http://sorcerers-apprentice.wikia.com/wiki/Maxim_Horvath

Casper Whitey
Wait, is the evil witch at the end of The Sorcerors Apprentice in this?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
Wait, is the evil witch at the end of The Sorcerors Apprentice in this? Yes, Morgana.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Another HP masturbation thread, we have enough already. Quit being a girl and thinking with your feelings and weigh in on the thread already.

Utrigita
I actually think it will end up being between the Wizards from Sorcerers apprentice, I'll have to rewatch the film but iirc they did things that can rival the stuff from HP.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
I actually think it will end up being between the Wizards from Sorcerers apprentice, I'll have to rewatch the film but iirc they did things that can rival the stuff from HP. It's everyone for his or herself. Morgana was pretty badass but I still favor Dumbledore or Voldemort against her in a one on one battle.

juggerman
Dumbledore was more powerful than Voldemort but where Dumbledore holds back Voldey never would

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Dumbledore was more powerful than Voldemort but where Dumbledore holds back Voldey never would Based on what ?

Utrigita
It's everyone for his or herself. Morgana was pretty badass but I still favor Dumbledore or Voldemort against her in a one on one battle.

I don't, the wizards demonstrated that Time Slow spell, throw on of those on the other combatents and they will be hard pressed doing anything about a followup, there is also the fact that those wizards doesn't need to speak in order to blow a person across a room and lock the person. I don't think that this automatically ends between Dumblebore/Voldemort vs Gandalf, to much is going on and there is a multitude of combatents all across the battlefield, a stray spell here, a stray Plasma bolt there... It'll be hard to judge who will be left, because this won't be a nice 1vs1 it'll be a 8 against each other in a utter chaotic situation.

quanchi112
I don't, the wizards demonstrated that Time Slow spell, throw on of those on the other combatents and they will be hard pressed doing anything about a followup, there is also the fact that those wizards doesn't need to speak in order to blow a person across a room and lock the person. I don't think that this automatically ends between Dumblebore/Voldemort vs Gandalf, to much is going on and there is a multitude of combatents all across the battlefield, a stray spell here, a stray Plasma bolt there... It'll be hard to judge who will be left, because this won't be a nice 1vs1 it'll be a 8 against each other in a utter chaotic situation. Voldemort seemed to react very quickly to Dumbledore and vice versa in their duel in the Order of the Phoenix. I do agree there will be mass chaos here which makes it even more interesting.

juggerman
Based on what ?

Based on the Harry Potter novels and movies

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Based on the Harry Potter novels and movies I didn't read the novels but from experience I know the movies take on a life of their own. Dumbledore was fighting with the elder wand and barely stalemated Voldemort so where you get this he is more powerful stuff from with regards to the movies I'd love to know.

Robtard
Bravmorda has possibly the best wide area attack, she just has to say "pigs" and fools drop to the floor in pain and pig-out.

eBNY1zgt6q4

Utrigita
Voldemort seemed to react very quickly to Dumbledore and vice versa in their duel in the Order of the Phoenix. I do agree there will be mass chaos here which makes it even more interesting.

Neither of them can throw a time slowing boble unless I have missed something from the HP movies, so while their reaction time might be high it doesn't really matter when they are hit, it slows down spells as well. I'm not saying that it'll make it to a one way fight for the Wizards from the sorcerers apprentice, just food for thought.

Agreed, but it also makes predicting a outcome that more difficult. I would however put my money on Morgana lasting for quite a while, that little trick with kinda pulling her body apart to make sure that nothing hit her, will be effective in this Chaos.

Utrigita
Bravmorda has possibly the best wide area attack, she just has to say "pigs" and fools drop to the floor in pain and pig-out.

eBNY1zgt6q4

She requires a incantation in order for it to be that wide though, you can hear hear chanting at 0:58 (I think it was) while the warrior is transformed.

Robtard
She just looks to be groaning a bit.

Utrigita
She just looks to be groaning a bit.

Looktar tabarha lookatlambak, but after that yes is groaning, but what she says while Madmartigan is transforming doesn't sound like anything but a spell (atleast to me), also was it ever described how she managed to transform Fin Raziel, I recall she didn't just turn her into a pig in their last confrontation.

elrond72
Gandalf solos. Next thread.

Robtard
Originally posted by elrond72
Gandalf solos. Next thread.

http://www.zannim.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/thumbs-up-chuck.gif

quanchi112

eBNY1zgt6q4 She obviously needs to chant to do so. I mean come on.Originally posted by Utrigita
Neither of them can throw a time slowing boble unless I have missed something from the HP movies, so while their reaction time might be high it doesn't really matter when they are hit, it slows down spells as well. I'm not saying that it'll make it to a one way fight for the Wizards from the sorcerers apprentice, just food for thought.

Agreed, but it also makes predicting a outcome that more difficult. I would however put my money on Morgana lasting for quite a while, that little trick with kinda pulling her body apart to make sure that nothing hit her, will be effective in this Chaos. How do you think Morgana would fare against the Avada Kedavra ?

Robtard
She obviously needs to chant to do so. I mean come on.

Still makes it a great area of attack power, comprehend what I said, then respond. Come on, man.

quanchi112
Still makes it a great area of attack power, comprehend what I said, then respond. Come on, man. She won't have the time to do so just like she didn't when she took on Willow or the old chick mage. Comprehend when she used it on an unsuspecting crowd with no magical defenses and get back to me, peck.

Robtard
She won't have the time to do so just like she didn't when she took on Willow or the old chick mage. Comprehend when she used it on an unsuspecting crowd with no magical defenses and get back to me, peck.

Did I at any time say "Bravmorda wins via pig power"? No, I didn't; I made an observation which you then decided to add implications too. Learn to comprehend or GTFO of the thread, you dumb animal.

BTW, proof that any of the other wizards here could defend against being turned into a pig by her should she get the spell off on one of more of them? Back up your claims for once, this isn't the Comic Vs forum.

NotAllThatEvil
Did I at any time say "Bravmorda wins via pig power"? No, I didn't; I made an observation which you then decided to add implications too. Learn to comprehend or GTFO of the thread, you dumb animal.

BTW, proof that any of the other wizards here could defend against being turned into a pig by her should she get the spell off on one of more of them? Back up your claims for once, this isn't the Comic Vs forum. one of voldemort's death eaters turned someone into a ferret. Considering hogwarts students learn transfiguration for at least sevenish years, I'm sure a prodigy like tom or albus shouldn't have too much trouble with a pig spell

Utrigita
How do you think Morgana would fare against the Avada Kedavra ?
She should be capable of dodging it simply by pulling her body part like she did in the movie, even then it isn't like Voldemort opens every battle against a opponent with Avada Kedavra.

Casper Whitey
Yes, Morgana. She was beast.

elrond72
Gandalf solos. Let me explain what I think would happen.
Gandalf and voldermort would instantly recognise that this fight is straight away meant to be between the two of them. They would easily dispose of the others and then start the real fight:
Vol: Avarda Keadavra
Gan: Shield of Anor
ETC
I think Gandalf would JUST win because of his better melee and devensive spells but he would know he had beenn in a proper scrap. The other wizards would really just not be strong enough

Casper Whitey
How fast can Gandalf throw a spell at Voldemort?

elrond72
good question I really dont know all I do know is that HP wizards have to speak their spells to be at their strongest but gandalf just has to think it and it comes into being so i think gandalf would be faster.

the ninjak
Gandalf stomps the ground and stuff happens....knocking all HP spells out of the way.
A quick side swipe and the HP wizard flies into a wall.

I don't know about the Willow *****. She could very well have mad feats but I can't remember.

Villelater
is that villain from time bandits a wizard? the pure evil guy? who deflected an army tank and laser without trying then pwned them...

Casper Whitey
How fast can Gandalf throw a spell at Voldemort?

Robtard
Originally posted by Villelater
is that villain from time bandits a wizard? the pure evil guy? who deflected an army tank and laser without trying then pwned them...

He was the devil.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by elrond72
good question I really dont know all I do know is that HP wizards have to speak their spells to be at their strongest but gandalf just has to think it and it comes into being so i think gandalf would be faster. Lol, no.

elrond72
Back it up then no just "lol no"

Casper Whitey
Non verbal spells, durh.

quanchi112
She should be capable of dodging it simply by pulling her body part like she did in the movie, even then it isn't like Voldemort opens every battle against a opponent with Avada Kedavra. He does do it often. A crucio should definitely put her in her place.Originally posted by Robtard

BTW, proof that any of the other wizards here could defend against being turned into a pig by her should she get the spell off on one of more of them? Back up your claims for once, this isn't the Comic Vs forum. It isn't an instantaneous spell so you'd need to prove as much. She will need to protect herself not sit back with a pig chant you swine.

omgchos
All i know is that gandalf was op in the books. He soloed the cave troll then solos the balrog. Movie wise tho bavmorda was OP. It took a trick to piss her off then an accident to send her to the shadow realm.

Utrigita
He does do it often.

When for instance?

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by omgchos
All i know is that gandalf was op in the books. He soloed the cave troll then solos the balrog. Neither of which have anything to do with Gandalf fighting a wizard like Voldemort.

quanchi112
When for instance? Against Harry Potter when he initially came back to life. He Avada Kedavra'd the person he held prisoner in the Deathly Hallows Part 1, he did so to Harry again the woods, he did so on the mountain before Hogwarts to the fool who said something to him. That's just off the top of my head now.

Robtard
It isn't an instantaneous spell so you'd need to prove as much. She will need to protect herself not sit back with a pig chant you swine.

Reading comprehension fail again. GTFO of my thread, Quancho.

quanchi112
Reading comprehension fail again. GTFO of my thread, Quancho. She won't have the time to enact the spell since this will be a chaotic fight from start to finish. Dear lord you just post nonsense. It needs to stop, roberto.

Robtard
She won't have the time to enact the spell since this will be a chaotic fight from start to finish. Dear lord you just post nonsense. It needs to stop, roberto.

Stop using strawmen and really, GTFO of my thread. You've been told.

quanchi112
Stop using strawmen and really, GTFO of my thread. You've been told. You cited a spell in which she basically enacted incantations from a safe position. These are wizards up in her grill. You would favor Bavmorda you girly man you.

Robtard
You cited a spell in which she basically enacted incantations from a safe position. These are wizards up in her grill. You would favor Bavmorda you girly man you.

Stop using strawmen and really, GTFO of my thread. You've been told.

Utrigita
Against Harry Potter when he initially came back to life. He Avada Kedavra'd the person he held prisoner in the Deathly Hallows Part 1, he did so to Harry again the woods, he did so on the mountain before Hogwarts to the fool who said something to him. That's just off the top of my head now.

That wasn't his first spell right of the bat, it was like the third or fourth. You call the execution of the teacher of muggle history a fight? Harry was defenseless and had surrendered, not a fight. Again not a fight. I asked for when how often Voldemort opened a fight or to be more specific a magical duel with Avada Kedavra. None of those incidents you mentioned are a fight.

Casper Whitey
Voldemort.

ares834
Gandalf got some nice new feats in the Hobbit.

He can seemingly teleport, talk telepathically, and knock back hundreds of orcs with a spell.

Still not enough for a win but it's cool to see.

-kV-
Gandalf wins. Voldy or Dumbledore take second.

Casper Whitey
Voldemort.

quanchi112
Repeating yourself is a form of concession. Be gone, worm.Originally posted by Utrigita
That wasn't his first spell right of the bat, it was like the third or fourth. You call the execution of the teacher of muggle history a fight? Harry was defenseless and had surrendered, not a fight. Again not a fight. I asked for when how often Voldemort opened a fight or to be more specific a magical duel with Avada Kedavra. None of those incidents you mentioned are a fight. Yes, I call a kill spell as your first move a fight. I call a kill spell in the woods a fight. You want to disregard every time he's used it. The guy uses the spell all the time yet you want to pretend he doesn't due to your own personal bias. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Robtard
Repeating yourself is a form of concession. Be gone, worm.

Stop using the same repeat failed strawman and I'll stop crushing you with the oh so easy copy-self-quote function.

Anyhow, Gandalf wins, now that The Hobbit is out and those feats are usable.

PS, GTFO of my thread.

quanchi112
Stop using the same repeat failed strawman and I'll stop crushing you with the oh so easy copy-self-quote function.

Anyhow, Gandalf wins, now that The Hobbit is out and those feats are usable.

PS, GTFO of my thread. I saw the Hobbit but him running from orcs isn't proof he can beat Voldemort. Voldemort wouldn't run from a band of orcs. Gandalf with a crew and giant birds aren't in this thread. Spells which knock people off their feet aren't really doing much either.

Robtard
I saw the Hobbit but him running from orcs isn't proof he can beat Voldemort. Voldemort wouldn't run from a band of orcs. Gandalf with a crew and giant birds isn't in this thread. Spells which knock people off their feat aren't really doing much either.

LoL, stop lying; you've not seen Th Hobbit. Watch it and then get back in my thread with a little objectivity.

Until then, GTFO with your fanboy nonsense.

quanchi112
LoL, stop lying; you've not seen Th Hobbit. Watch it and then get back in my thread with a little objectivity.

Until then, GTFO with your fanboy nonsense. Hiding in a tree from some dogs and orcs isn't really making a convincing case. His spell against the goblins knocked people down. His next move was to scream, run. I guess running from your enemy after cheapshot spell blasting them is proof he wins. What spell feat from this movie do you think changes anything from the first 3 movies ? I mean I have to hand it to you for the weakest arguments of 2012.

Robtard
Listen, googling and using Wikipedia to get some scenes so you can low-ball is your thing, but watch the damn film before you make up your mind.

Again, GTFO out my thread until.

quanchi112
Listen, googling and using Wikipedia to get some scenes so you can low-ball is your thing, but watch the damn film before you make up your mind.

Again, GTFO out my thread until. I saw the film. If you can't actually respond to a simple query don't post in threads. If anything his hand to hand looks slightly better but his overall his portrayal is right on the money. In Lotr wizards aren't the forces the Harry Potter universe makes them to be.

Robtard
Lying queer, GTFO of my thread before I report you.

quanchi112
Lying queer, GTFO of my thread before I report you. Explain to me how I am lying. I also like the females sorry about your luck. Oh yeah he did the creepy shadow thing to intimidate the dwarves. I forgot how he bullies the smaller folk when people bring him to anger.

Utrigita
. Yes, I call a kill spell as your first move a fight. I call a kill spell in the woods a fight. You want to disregard every time he's used it. The guy uses the spell all the time yet you want to pretend he doesn't due to your own personal bias. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't, because there isn't really alot of fighting too it now is there? For instance against Dumbledore, the most powerful opponent Voldemort have faced the killing Curse wasn't used a single time. Why do you think that is so?

You call using a spell against a unarmed opponent a fight? I think we have very different definitions of what a fight is then Quanchi.

That Quanchi is pathetic, this have nothing to do with personal bias but everything to do with the fact that none of the incidents you mentioned can be observed as a magical duel. Voldemort killing Harry in the Woods in the seventh film isn't a magical duel, Voldemort using the killing curse in the Goblin of Fire however would be a example of Voldemort using the killing curse in magical duel. And furthermore I'm not saying that Voldemort doesn't use the Killing Curse that was never my statement, my statement was just how often Voldemort opens with the killing Curse against a opponent in a magical duel, and he really doesn't do so at all. Saying that he doesn't open with it, isn't the same as saying he doesn't use it. Learn to distinguish.

Casper Whitey
Explain to me how I am lying. I also like the females sorry about your luck. Oh yeah he did the creepy shadow thing to intimidate the dwarves. I forgot how he bullies the smaller folk when people bring him to anger.

Check out the look on Gandalf's face at :22.

BASd3pzBoxQ

Epic gay.

quanchi112
I don't, because there isn't really alot of fighting too it now is there? For instance against Dumbledore, the most powerful opponent Voldemort have faced the killing Curse wasn't used a single time. Why do you think that is so?

You call using a spell against a unarmed opponent a fight? I think we have very different definitions of what a fight is then Quanchi.

That Quanchi is pathetic, this have nothing to do with personal bias but everything to do with the fact that none of the incidents you mentioned can be observed as a magical duel. Voldemort killing Harry in the Woods in the seventh film isn't a magical duel, Voldemort using the killing curse in the Goblin of Fire however would be a example of Voldemort using the killing curse in magical duel. And furthermore I'm not saying that Voldemort doesn't use the Killing Curse that was never my statement, my statement was just how often Voldemort opens with the killing Curse against a opponent in a magical duel, and he really doesn't do so at all. Saying that he doesn't open with it, isn't the same as saying he doesn't use it. Learn to distinguish. The guy had enough avada kedavra's throughout his appearances in the movies. He isn't going to do it every single time. I mean how many times is enough for you to consider it an actual tactic ? If someone is unarmed it's still a fight just not a fair one.

He uses it against his opponents. These are his opponents. You are trying to disregard the other instances because it cripples your argument. He doesn't even need to start out by tossing them around. Against Dumbledore he was his most impressive it's just Dumbledore was his closest thing to an equal while possessing the elder wand. Voldemort still knocked him on his ass while being in control of the fight.

Voldemort would be all over these other wizards from the get.

-kV-
Actually, I have to agree with Quanchi that Avada Kedavra is likely the opening move of Voldemort, and the spell he will spam is the Killing Curse. Didn't I attempt to prove that to you Quan during that Yoda vs. Voldemort Battlezone to show why Yoda would win?

But it wouldn't matter against Gandalf. Gandalf can just blind Voldemort and burn his wand simultaneously and instantaneously like he did against Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas in the Two Towers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -kV-
Actually, I have to agree with Quanchi that Avada Kedavra is likely the opening move of Voldemort, and the spell he will spam is the Killing Curse. Didn't I attempt to prove that to you Quan during that Yoda vs. Voldemort Battlezone to show why Yoda would win?

But it wouldn't matter against Gandalf. Gandalf can just blind Voldemort and burn his wand simultaneously and instantaneously like he did against Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas in the Two Towers. He never did so against another mage. I don't think he can do so to Voldemort's wand. Gandalf doesn't really have any long range offensive power either. Voldemort's long ranged game is too lethal for Gandalf to deal with.

I think you did but it was so long ago I can barely remember.

Robtard
LoL, "Gandalf's magic can only affect non mages!!!!!1!" Gimping fool. Pathetic tactics.

-kV-
He never did so against another mage. I don't think he can do so to Voldemort's wand. Gandalf doesn't really have any long range offensive power either. Voldemort's long ranged game is too lethal for Gandalf to deal with.

I think you did but it was so long ago I can barely remember.

He telepathically was burning the metal hilt of Aragorn's sword...he easily can do the same for a wooden wand.

And exactly how far will those two be? Gandalf can just blind Voldemort.

quanchi112
LoL, "Gandalf's magic can only affect non mages!!!!!1!" Gimping fool. Pathetic tactics. So despite mages able to easily produce fire and the fact Gandalf burned a non mages sword he could have done so against Saruman ? GTFO.

quanchi112
So despite mages able to easily produce fire and the fact Gandalf burned a non mages sword he could have done so against Saruman ? GTFO. I don't think he can overpower the magical properties of Voldemort's wand while he wields it. 25 feet away sounds fair.

Robtard
So despite mages able to easily produce fire and the fact Gandalf burned a non mages sword he could have done so against Saruman ? GTFO.

"Voldermort can cast fire-based spells, ergo Voldermort is immune to fire!"

You silly baboon, that's an even more stupid argument than your previous, just stop.

P.S. you quoted yourself and debated yourself above. Loon.

quanchi112
"Voldermort can cast fire-based spells, ergo Voldermort is immune to fire!"

You silly baboon, that's an even more stupid argument than your previous, just stop.

P.S. you quoted yourself and debated yourself above. Loon. I never said he's immune to fire but the wands are different than a non mages weapons. I guess you think if fire comes out of a wand it should burn up never to be used again. Gandalf didn't do so to any mage so it's not a viable tactic to someone with magical powers of their own.

Robtard
I never said he's immune to fire but the wands are different than a non mages weapons. I guess you think if fire comes out of a wand it should burn up never to be used again.

Gandalf didn't do so to any mage so it's not a viable tactic to someone with magical powers of their own.

What amazing and sound logic, you've convinced me. We can now prove that guns are immune to bullets, because bullets "come out" of guns. Brilliant Quano, utterly brilliant.

LoL, wut? Did you just imply that Gandalf never attacked another magic user?

quanchi112
What amazing and sound logic, you've convinced me. We can now prove that guns are immune to bullets, because bullets "come out" of guns. Brilliant Quano, utterly brilliant.

LoL, wut? Did you just imply that Gandalf never attacked another magic user? Wands are different. If it's just a piece of wood it can't produce fire out of it. A wand has magical properties yet you think its just a piece of wood.

Gandalf has attacked other mages but not with the tactics you're rolling with. Gandalf never attacked an enemy in that fashion either. He did so to friends so out of character for him to use one feat against Voldemort anyway despite the fact it wouldn't work anyways.

Robtard
Wands are different. If it's just a piece of wood it can't produce fire out of it. A wand has magical properties yet you think its just a piece of wood.

Gandalf has attacked other mages but not with the tactics you're rolling with. Gandalf never attacked an enemy in that fashion either. He did so to friends so out of character for him to use one feat against Voldemort anyway despite the fact it wouldn't work anyways.

Ah, back to the strawman arguments cos you can't debate against me. You're resorting to this tactic sooner and sooner.

Ah, the good ole "can only use specific attacks against the specific targets he's shown!" gimp. Clever, but that's not going to fly. No different than saying Gandalf couldn't cut down Voldermort with his sword because Gandalf's never seen cutting an HP wizard with it. Gimping clown.

Estacado
I see quan getting the hate on this forum as well....mmm

omgchos
Wands are different. If it's just a piece of wood it can't produce fire out of it. A wand has magical properties yet you think its just a piece of wood.

It is just a piece of wood. It acts as a conduit for a wizards power. If ron weasleys thick head could break a wand then gandalf could certainly light one on fire at will as he is seen doing to aragorns sword.

quanchi112
Ah, back to the strawman arguments cos you can't debate against me. You're resorting to this tactic sooner and sooner.

Ah, the good ole "can only use specific attacks against the specific targets he's shown!" gimp. Clever, but that's not going to fly. No different than saying Gandalf couldn't cut down Voldermort with his sword because Gandalf's never seen cutting an HP wizard with it. Gimping clown. We argue what's in character but either way you want it it doesn't get the job done. Voldemort plays the long ranged game and the only way you believe he can affect Voldy's staff is if he's more powerful like he did to Saruman. Not the case.Originally posted by Estacado
I see quan getting the hate on this forum as well....mmm I see your responses still don't pertain to the thread topic. Shocking.

quanchi112
It is just a piece of wood. It acts as a conduit for a wizards power. If ron weasleys thick head could break a wand then gandalf could certainly light one on fire at will as he is seen doing to aragorns sword. That's why I said when the mage is wielding it. Harry could break the elder wand but that doesn't mean another mage can destroy it that easily while against him in battle.

dadudemon
LoL, "Gandalf's magic can only affect non mages!!!!!1!" Gimping fool. Pathetic tactics.

I'd say this: "Gandalf's magic can work on anything that does not have anti-fire protection spells/enchantments."

That's why I said when the mage is wielding it. Harry could break the elder wand but that doesn't mean another mage can destroy it that easily while against him in battle.

I think this is a good point. My theory on that was: ONLY Harry could have broken the elderwand. No other person would have been able to do so unless the otherworldly magic used to create was replicated in an "anti-wand" fashion.

For instance, Mad-Eye Moody's eye could see through the invisibility cloak. Obviously, that eye's powers were enough so that Moody could see through it. So something else would have to be created. This is my theory on how Albus defeated that guy who's name starts with a G that had the wand before Albus...Albus just knew what kind of anti-magic to use.

Same goes for Horcruxes: those shits are pretty much invincible but there are certain counterspells strong enough to destroy them. This is Rowlings' general method in the series: for every unstoppable magic, their is a counter-magic that can stop it. She created a nice balanced universe, me thinks. She needs more credit.

Utrigita
The guy had enough avada kedavra's throughout his appearances in the movies. He isn't going to do it every single time. I mean how many times is enough for you to consider it an actual tactic ? If someone is unarmed it's still a fight just not a fair one.

He uses it against his opponents. These are his opponents. You are trying to disregard the other instances because it cripples your argument. He doesn't even need to start out by tossing them around. Against Dumbledore he was his most impressive it's just Dumbledore was his closest thing to an equal while possessing the elder wand. Voldemort still knocked him on his ass while being in control of the fight.

Voldemort would be all over these other wizards from the get.

I never claimed that it was the case, you asked how Morgana was supposed to avoid the Killing curse, I provided what I think would be a fair response, her ability to pull herself apart, but then I came to think of the way Voldemort duels, and while the killing curse is used, I wouldn't say it's Voldemorts opening move. If it was indeed his opening move, I would think that it would have been used against Dumbledore. But to each his own. As I said Quanchi we apparently have very different ideas of what a fight is, so no reason to pursue that. Which is also why I changed it to a magical duel, that is a more solid term.

No I'm not, I'm drawing into question what I believed was your original stance that Voldemort will always engage his opponents with the killing curse as his first move, a stance that I based on the movies does not agree with, as mentioned. It's as simple as that. So read again, I didn't say that Voldemort doesn't utilize the killing curse, I said that he doesn't imo open every magical duel with it.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd say this: "Gandalf's magic can work on anything that does not have anti-fire protection spells/enchantments."

I think this is a good point. My theory on that was: ONLY Harry could have broken the elderwand. No other person would have been able to do so unless the otherworldly magic used to create was replicated in an "anti-wand" fashion.

For instance, Mad-Eye Moody's eye could see through the invisibility cloak. Obviously, that eye's powers were enough so that Moody could see through it. So something else would have to be created. This is my theory on how Albus defeated that guy who's name starts with a G that had the wand before Albus...Albus just knew what kind of anti-magic to use.

Same goes for Horcruxes: those shits are pretty much invincible but there are certain counterspells strong enough to destroy them. This is Rowlings' general method in the series: for every unstoppable magic, their is a counter-magic that can stop it. She created a nice balanced universe, me thinks. She needs more credit. Penis.

omgchos
That's why I said when the mage is wielding it. Harry could break the elder wand but that doesn't mean another mage can destroy it that easily while against him in battle.
Hermione broke harrys wand, by accident. You cant make the inference that something is unbreakable or immune to damage for no apperent reason. Its never stated that they are in fact unbreakable as we have numerous examples. What makes you think that its true?

quanchi112
Hermione broke harrys wand, by accident. You cant make the inference that something is unbreakable or immune to damage for no apperent reason. Its never stated that they are in fact unbreakable as we have numerous examples. What makes you think that its true? Did she break it in a duel as he was wielding it ? My whole point was as they were wielding it not that the wands are indestructible or anything of the sort. If we see mages dueling and battling all over the Harry Potter films and it not happen one time while it battle then what does this lead you to believe ?

In deathly hallows 2 we see whatever the hell that old toots' name was who chased Snape out of the school. I can't recall it now and am too lazy to google her. She lits all the candles easily but you don't see her setting her enemies wands ablaze because that isn't how it works.

Acting as if a sword wielding by a man is the same as a wand wielded by a mage is comparing apples and oranges.

I never claimed that it was the case, you asked how Morgana was supposed to avoid the Killing curse, I provided what I think would be a fair response, her ability to pull herself apart, but then I came to think of the way Voldemort duels, and while the killing curse is used, I wouldn't say it's Voldemorts opening move. If it was indeed his opening move, I would think that it would have been used against Dumbledore. But to each his own. As I said Quanchi we apparently have very different ideas of what a fight is, so no reason to pursue that. Which is also why I changed it to a magical duel, that is a more solid term.

No I'm not, I'm drawing into question what I believed was your original stance that Voldemort will always engage his opponents with the killing curse as his first move, a stance that I based on the movies does not agree with, as mentioned. It's as simple as that. So read again, I didn't say that Voldemort doesn't utilize the killing curse, I said that he doesn't imo open every magical duel with it. Voldemort used it enough for it to be considered a viable tactic. I am glad you agree. Crucio should work fine which was used by Voldemort as well. But it isn't like it's Voldemort against everyone at the start of the bell anyway.

I never said he did so every time either only that he's done it more than enough times to see he really favors the killing curse above all else.

Robtard
We argue what's in character but either way you want it it doesn't get the job done. Voldemort plays the long ranged game and the only way you believe he can affect Voldy's staff is if he's more powerful like he did to Saruman. Not the case.

In character you say? Then Voldermort would want to be up close to the people he's killing, he enjoys it, you biased gimping clown.

Stop with the utter nonsense. "Wands can't be broken when being wielded in battle!". We see teens break wands, they're not made of adamantium, you nit.

The_Tempest
Pretty sure the only reason Gandalf broke Saruman's staff is because he had the authority to do so, not power. They seemed fairly even in The Two Towers when it came to control over Theoden.

quanchi112
In character you say? Then Voldermort would want to be up close to the people he's killing, he enjoys it, you biased gimping clown.

Stop with the utter nonsense. "Wands can't be broken when being wielded in battle!". We see teens break wands, they're not made of adamantium, you nit. I am not gimping you jackass. If you want to argue on abilities then Voldemort dominates him even more so. Voldemort can apparate all over the place or move his wand to slash into Gandalf's flesh. Gandalf's one attack you claim he uses wouldn't even beat Voldemort. It would cloud his vision for a moment but then again Voldemort can apparate you boob of all boobs.

They can be broken but they can't be overpowered in the same manner in which you are describing.Originally posted by The_Tempest
Pretty sure the only reason Gandalf broke Saruman's staff is because he had the authority to do so, not power. They seemed fairly even in The Two Towers when it came to control over Theoden. Then the Witch King had the authority to break Gandalf's staff ? This makes absolutely no sense. Never has never will. More powerful makes it possible but having the authority is something which doesn't add up.

TheGodKiller
They can be broken but they can't be overpowered in the same manner in which you are describing.
Voldemort's borrowed wand got smashed by Harry's wand when he was giving chase to Potter and co at the beginning of DH-1.

All this during an aerial battle in which Voldemort ended up killing Mad-Eye Moody.

quanchi112

Stop with the utter nonsense. "Wands can't be broken when being wielded in battle!". We see teens break wands, they're not made of adamantium, you nit. Yes, they can be broken not magically overpowered by their opponents. I don't gimp at all you seem to think you become Gandalf for this thread, hillbilly. Not on my watch.
]
Voldemort destroys Gandalf the guy who runs from small bands of orcs. LOL.Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Voldemort's borrowed wand got smashed by Harry's wand when he was giving chase to Potter and co at the beginning of DH-1.

All this during an aerial battle in which Voldemort ended up killing Mad-Eye Moody. Due to their connection. Wands aren't unbreakable but they won't be overpowered by simply another wizard's power in battle.

TheGodKiller
Due to their connection. Wands aren't unbreakable but they won't be overpowered by simply another wizard's power in battle.
I should have underlined and magnified this part :
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Voldemort's borrowed wand
The wand which got smashed wasn't Voldemort's own wand, it was Lucius Malfoy's borrowed wand which Ollivander had suggested Voldemort use against Harry precisely for overcoming the hurdle which their wands' connection was causing.

I showed the exact example of what you have been claiming can't happen(i.e wands can't be destroyed/overpowered when wielded by a wizard in a duel). I doubt you can twist your way around this now.

TheGodKiller
old toots' name was who chased Snape out of the school. I can't recall it now and am too lazy to google her.
Professor McGonagall.

Your welcome.

quanchi112
I should have underlined and magnified this part :

The wand which got smashed wasn't Voldemort's own wand, it was Lucius Malfoy's borrowed wand which Ollivander had suggested Voldemort use against Harry precisely for overcoming the hurdle which their wands' connection was causing.

I showed the exact example of what you have been claiming can't happen(i.e wands can't be destroyed/overpowered when wielded by a wizard in a duel). I doubt you can twist your way around this now. It was still only due to their connection. He was wrong in assuming it could overpower their connection. These wizards don't share a connection hence they won't break. Context. I doubt even you can ignore or wiggle your way out of this one.

Professor McGonagall.

Your welcome. I didn't want to know her name.

Robtard
I am not gimping you jackass. If you want to argue on abilities then Voldemort dominates him even more so. Voldemort can apparate all over the place or move his wand to slash into Gandalf's flesh. Gandalf's one attack you claim he uses wouldn't even beat Voldemort. It would cloud his vision for a moment but then again Voldemort can apparate you boob of all boobs.

Yes, they can be broken not magically overpowered by their opponents. I don't gimp at all you seem to think you become Gandalf for this thread, hillbilly. Not on my watch.
]
Voldemort destroys Gandalf the guy who runs from small bands of orcs. LOL. D

LoL, you raged and went back to respond to my crushing post twice. Both times with fail and nonsense.

Concession accepted

quanchi112
LoL, you raged and went back to respond to my crushing post twice. Both times with fail and nonsense.

Concession accepted Show me Gandalf setting a mage's wand on fire while they wield it against him ? That's your claim so back it up.

TheGodKiller
It was still only due to their connection. He was wrong in assuming it could overpower their connection. These wizards don't share a connection hence they won't break. Context. I doubt even you can ignore or wiggle your way out of this one.

That explanation was never given in the movie itself iirc. So no, that conclusively shows that wands can be broken in battles between multiple wizards.
I doubt even you can ignore or wiggle your way out of this one.

Trying to use my own words against me I see. Try to be more original.

I didn't want to know her name.
Your welcome.

Casper Whitey
His welcome? He owns a welcome?

quanchi112
That explanation was never given in the movie itself iirc. So no, that conclusively shows that wands can be broken in battles between multiple wizards.

Trying to use my own words against me I see. Try to be more original. So despite it being the very reason Voldemort sought out another wand and the audience knowing that the connection between Harry and Voldemort was the reason Harry didn't die due to the Avada Kedavra you want to cry foul. Not on quan's watch.

You lost. Many have tried to wrestle with the lion on the mountain. Many have fallen. Count yourself among the dead.

Darth Truculent
Stab Voldemort with a Morgol blade and he's toast. Actually anyone of them. Should have added in the Witch King of Angmar. Even Gandalf believed he couldn't beat him.

Robtard
Show me Gandalf setting a mage's wand on fire while they wield it against him ? That's your claim so back it up.

Which is you doing the silly "it has to be exact" argument YET AGAIN. No difference than you asking "show me Superman being immune to kitchen knife stab or he isn't", when we've seen Superman casually shrug off machine gun fire.

Gandalf super-heats swords and such, a thin wooden wand will be easy to ignite. Your precious Harry Potter wands aren't some indestructible objects as you like to imagine they are(teens snap them in twain). Put on your big-girl panties and deal with it already.

Casper Whitey
Potter wands can be broken. Ron's was broken in a car crash.

There.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Stab Voldemort with a Morgol blade and he's toast. Actually anyone of them. Should have added in the Witch King of Angmar. Even Gandalf believed he couldn't beat him. He'd never get close enough to do so. Voldemort would destroy him.Originally posted by Robtard
Which is you doing the silly "it has to be exact" argument YET AGAIN. No difference than you asking "show me Superman being immune to knife stab", when we've seen Superman casually shrug off machine gun fire.

Gandalf super-heats swords and such, a thin wooden wand will be easy to ignite. Your precious Harry Potter wands aren't some indestructible objects as you like to imagine they are(teens snap them in twain). Put on your big-girl panties and deal with it already. The sword isn't a magical conduit which can shrug off magical attacks/effects. That's the difference it isn't the material it's the fact it's a conduit.

Robtard
The sword isn't a magical conduit which can shrug off magical attacks/effects. That's the difference it isn't the material it's the fact it's a conduit.

Yet Aragorn's sword couldn't be casually snapped in half like an HP wand by some teen. Deal with it.

Casper Whitey
Could the sword be transfigured?

quanchi112
Yet Aragorn's sword couldn't be casually snapped in half like an HP wand by some teen. Deal with it. Because it was wood. The whole point if it's being wielded it then it's a conduit. You do know wood isn't as durable as steel, right ?

Robtard
Because it was wood. The whole point if it's being wielded it then it's a conduit. You do know wood isn't as durable as steel, right ?

And it being a "conduit" doesn't mean it's somehow invulnerable, you silly ass. Haha, funny with the reversal. You're the one that is claiming Gandalf can't break/burn/affect what would be a weaker material to Aragorn's sword, nice attempt, but fail.

quanchi112
And it being a "conduit" doesn't mean it's somehow invulnerable, you silly ass. Haha, funny with the reversal. You're the one that is claiming Gandalf can't break/burn/affect what would be a weaker material to Aragorn's sword, nice attempt, but fail. Not with the wizard wielding it. That's the point otherwise why not destroy Saruman's staff in their first battle ? Answer--he can't unless he's more powerful than his mage opponent.

Robtard
Proof that HP wands are indestructible while being held? Post it, or STFU already. Tired of your HP fanboy rants in every HP thread.

quanchi112
Proof that HP wands are indestructible while being held? Post it, or STFU already. Tired of your HP fanboy rants in every HP thread. If what you're saying is true why didn't Gandalf set Saruman's staff ablaze ? You're saying it's just a staff so back up your claim. Or is it you feel Gandalf is utterly moronic and stupid. Which is it ?

Robtard
LoL, yet another dodge. Not surprised.

Gandalf The Grey didn't have that power, you idiot. Gandalf The White didn't need to do it in their second encounter.

Now stop dodging and prove that HP wands are indestructible while being held as you seem to think or STFU.

quanchi112
LoL, yet another dodge. Not surprised.

Gandalf The Grey didn't have that power, you idiot. Gandalf The White didn't need to do it in their second encounter.

Now stop dodging and prove that HP wands are indestructible while being held as you seem to think or STFU. So Gandalf didn't have the power to set things ablaze then ? Really ? Gandalf the white destroyed his staff due to superior power. The Witch King destroyed Gandalf's due to superior power. Only way you're destroying a mage's weapon in the LOTR universe.

They can't be burned by Gandalf's attack just like staffs can't be burned also. Did Gandalf's staff burn when Saruman shot the fireball down ?

Robtard
So you can't prove that HP wands are indestructible while being held as you're claiming, but will continue with "HP wizards pwn all" rants regardless. Not surprised.

quanchi112
So you can't prove that HP wands are indestructible while being held as you're claiming, but will continue with "HP wizards pwn all" rants regardless. Not surprised. You can't even prove Gandalf can destroy another wizards staff in LOTR through flame. I pose questions to you while you recite the same garbage. You know you're beaten. Accept it.

Robtard
You make claims and then dodge when asked for proof, this what you do.

quanchi112
You make claims and then dodge when asked for proof, this what you do. If you don't see the difference with an item used as a magical conduit and a piece of wood then you're an dimwit. To you they're the same. That's why you're a simple man.

Robtard
If you don't see the difference with an item used as a magical conduit and a piece of wood then you're an dimwit. To you they're the same. That's why you're a simple man.

And it being a "conduit" doesn't mean it's somehow invulnerable, you silly ass.

quanchi112
If it isn't the same you have to prove it. You acknowledge this so why not prove it. I never said it was invulnerable I said someone of greater power has o do so such is the case in LOTR.

Silent Master
I seem to remember that at least two wands were broken during the movies.

Robtard
Facts don't matter to Quanchi.

Casper Whitey
So wands can be broken, so what?

quanchi112
Facts don't matter to Quanchi. When did I say wands cannot be broken ? What's to stop Voldemort from simply putting the fire out so I will pretend for the sake of argument Gandalf was able to magically set his wand aflame ?

Lestov16
Can Gandalf wave his telekinetic staff before Voldemort/Dumbledore/whoever-the-HP-wiz-is use telekinesis themselves, or fiendfyre, or any of the far-more versatile magic HP wizards have? Hell, a simple AK should put Gandalf down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Can Gandalf wave his telekinetic staff before Voldemort/Dumbledore/whoever-the-HP-wiz-is use telekinesis themselves, or fiendfyre, or any of the far-more versatile magic HP wizards have? Hell, a simple AK should put Gandalf down. Ask the fanboys. They seem to think a man who hides in trees from random orcs is beyond reproach.

Casper Whitey
Voldemort would rape the hell outta Gandalf.

quanchi112
Voldemort would rape the hell outta Gandalf. I concur. Case closed. Voldemort winz!!!!

Casper Whitey
Just saying. Gandalf has no counter for Fiendfyre.

quanchi112
Just saying. Gandalf has no counter for Fiendfyre. Gandalf has no counter for a great many things. Fanboys will cling to something he did once which still doesn't beat Voldemort and ignore 99 percent of everything else.

Casper Whitey
Gandalf has no counter for a great many things. Fanboys will cling to something he did once which still doesn't beat Voldemort and ignore 99 percent of everything else. The Balrog fight is their favorite weapon.

Robtard
LoL, how the butthurt makes this yet another Gandalf Vs HP thread, when there's several other combatants besides Voldermort and Gandalf here not that it matters, since this was from the start just:

Another HP masturbation thread, we have enough already.

quanchi112
The Balrog fight is their favorite weapon. The best part is Gandalf died and it took him a long time fighting an opponent Voldemort would destroy in no time.

quanchi112
LoL, how the butthurt makes this yet another Gandalf Vs HP thread, when there's several other combatants besides Voldermort and Gandalf here not that it matters, since this was from the start just: Voldemort can put fire out with a gesture. So tell me how Gandalf can beat Voldemort again ?

Robtard
LoL, "Voldermort fiendfyres the Balrog!!!1!" HP fanboys, hilarious.

Casper Whitey
LoL, how the butthurt makes this yet another Gandalf Vs HP thread, when there's several other combatants besides Voldermort and Gandalf here not that it matters, since this was from the start just: This is another thing you do when you are beaten.

Take note of this, people.

Robtard
Voldemort can put fire out with a gesture. So tell me how Gandalf can beat Voldemort again ?

You seem to think someone who can super-heat a sword in a matter of seconds would just mildly burn a very thin piece of wood? It'd be ash before Voldermort could react, stupid clown.

quanchi112
LoL, "Voldermort fiendfyres the Balrog!!!1!" HP fanboys, hilarious. Avada Kedavra. Oneshot. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Robtard
This is another thing you do when you are beaten.

Take note of this, people.

What, state facts?

1) There are several combatants besides Voldermort and Gandalf. /fact

2) This was made to masturbate Voldermort yet again. /fact

Yeah, take notes.

quanchi112
You seem to think someone who can super-heat a sword in a matter of seconds would just mildly burn a very thin piece of wood? It'd be ash before Voldermort could react, stupid clown. Voldemort gestures and puts it right out. You seem to think you can gimp Voldemort. Quit gimping characters you don't have posters of in your room.

Robtard
Avada Kedavra. Oneshot. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Proof that the killing curse works on supernatural beings made of smoke, fire shadow? You and your constant no limit fallacies.

quanchi112
This is another thing you do when you are beaten.

Take note of this, people. He's so predictable.

Casper Whitey
What, state facts?

1) There are several combatants besides Voldermort and Gandalf. /fact

2) This was made to masturbate Voldermort yet again. /fact

Yeah, take notes.

Going down with the ship yet again, eh?

*chalks up another win*

Take care of that chip on your shoulder.

Robtard
Voldemort gestures and puts it right out. You seem to think you can gimp Voldemort. Quit gimping characters you don't have posters of in your room.

Puts out ash? Nope.

Casper Whitey
Puts out ash? Nope. Transfiguration.

Robtard
Going down with the ship yet again, eh?

*chalks up another win*

Take care of that chip on your shoulder.

So another non sequitur response, eh.

*feeds off your tears again*

Casper Whitey
So another non sequitur response, eh.

*feeds off your tears again* And there it is, the "you're crying" retort. Another thing you do when beaten.

Take not of this, people.

Robtard
Transfiguration.

Voldermort is now going to transfigure his pile of ash wand into another wand without a wand? Cool story. Proof?

Casper Whitey
Voldermort is now going to transfigure his pile of ash wand into another wand without a wand? Cool story. Proof?

Non wand magic, dunce. Wait, how exactly is his wand turned to ash?

Robtard
And there it is, the "you're crying" retort. Another thing you do when beaten.

Take not of this, people.

Considering you took it upon yourself to respond with tears and false accusations to a post that wasn't towards you, yes, you are crying yet again as you always do whenever anyone says something other than "HP wizards win!" in a thread where HP is involved.

I say "take note", but this about you is already well known.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>